Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Init nice how you strips have just manèged to clime the fight off relegation ladder and another big fookoff snake is ready to bite you in the arse, Thought you had a hard task staying in the prem with the smug one in charge, But old nickol-ass as pulled the bunny out of the hat with this one, wonder how long it will be before you have a player revolt,
iam told there was a player revolt at Pompey Mack, there was hell of a do. It has settled down now and they are sitting outside the headmasters office waiting to be seen

Init nice how you strips have just manèged to clime the fight off relegation ladder and another big fookoff snake is ready to bite you in the arse, Thought you had a hard task staying in the prem with the smug one in charge, But old nickol-ass as pulled the bunny out of the hat with this one, wonder how long it will be before you have a player revolt,

I couldn't have put it better myself.

@pn_neil_allen: Feel for Fratton Park staff after latest 10 pc pay cuts. One yesterday told me theirs had totalled 40 pc drop in last few years. #Pompey

Wasn't their kit man paid £60k or close to. 40% less still leaves him with £36k which ain't bad for popping down the laundrette a couple of times a week.

Portpin want 9 mil and the trust offer 2.75 milk for Fratton....Hence the maybe/maybe not court case for a ruling on the amount ?

Stuart Robinson has allegedly paid a significant NON-REFUNDABLE deposit for part of the car park... (TO TIE UP WITH THE GROUND .if THEY HAD GOT IT FOR THE PEANUTS THEY OFFERED)

to Sacha Gaydamak'S administrators.....Development potential more than anything else....me suspects

He has not got the money and appears NOT to be able to get further funding from loans or his fellow grouping of SO LITTLE MONEY ..CAN THE FANS GIVE US MORE..

The pledges and actual dosh on the table ..have fallen well short of the mark..

Debts are escalating to such an extent THE MAGNIFICENT 5/6/7....ARE THEY STILL in? Are unable to keep pouring money down the bottomless pit..

It has been quite clear to my untrained eye........That the business is continuing to trade insolvently and any day ..........LIQUIDIATION............AND NOT BEFORE TIME...

IF I HAVE GOT THIS ALL TOTALLY WRONG............They have found about 10 million in the cupboard and the Moneyfields project will have to be put on hold for another couple of days..

PAY UP POMPEY

Edited by ottery st mary

And this differs from Neil Allen's usual stuff in what why? :)

It doesn't at all. It just looks like he's been told to bung in X number of words to fill the space that would have been filled with the match report and to keep him busy.

I would have thought his time would have been more productively spent learning g how to structure paragraphs, but then what do I know.

Interesting response to Sarah PFC's common-sense 'Phoenix' approach, inferring that would be 'selling (their) soul'.

Does the stupid bastard not realise that's what they've been doing for the past decade or so, and now the devil wants his dues??

Is it about time the PDT redid that prospectus to reflect the massive* takeup in pledges versus the miniscule* wages the players and staff were on, balanced by the fantastic* gate numbers from the bestest?

*one, some or all of these words may, in fact, be wrong.

According to Sky sport Brian Howard was shown a list of players they wanted to sign.

"When I signed they showed me a list of players who they wanted to bring in if they got the budget they wanted. I knew a couple of them

so I texted and phoned a few of them and they said yeah, it's a great club if it gets taken over and we all go there then it will be great. But

obviously the opportunities did not come, the buy-out did not happen and the money was not available"

Wonder who they were? Messi must have been one?

I think that's pretty significant that even Neil Allen is willing to float the phoenix option.

Looks to me like he has started the 'softening up' process for the natives !

It's possible that he has heard something negative about the bid and is beginning to backtrack, just seems a bit strange that out of the blue he is now actually using the 'L' word !

@pn_neil_allen: Why #Pompey could survive liquidation doomsday but Fratton Park may not. (My column in today's paper). http://t.co/lzheQhrA

our friend Neil can at long last see the writing is on the wall and wants to make sure he is not percieved as someone that had had their head in the sand and taken by surprise when the day finally comes.

Edited by Chez

See their last two matches before the end of the month and the court case are both at home: Saturday and Tuesday. I wonder if their pitch will be in a fit state for either? Looks like the weather rather unpredictable at the moment in terms of whether the freezing weather will still be around then.

I think they were too busy laughing at our overly-ambitious chairman - and looking down on our signing of an international defender who isn't on a tax-free £100K a week, plus image rights.

(Well I fricking hope he isn't!)

Then again I've been hearing all season from the other side that our weak point is our manager and that's why we'll go down.

I've now seen a massive U-turn concerning how we'll go down because of changing managers.... :?

And on that one, as I have no interest in joining the madness on the main board - how come when other teams change managers we are convinced that they will improve dramatically as a result, yet the bedwetting self-indulgent drama queens are weeping because our relegation is now set in stone?

My fave was the guy who obviously doesn't have a season ticket as he said he'd burned it in a 'look at me' stance.

Think I'd have cut it up as it's plastic - though if it were 1988 I'd have burned it. :)

Ho hum, Black Friday has passed, but the future is still red and white.

Have pompey taken any money this month?

Expensive business is winter - for income it's a bit like summer, but will less Slaughter in Gibraltar holidays.

Have I mentioned the golf this weekend?

We've often said, that trying to find a buyer for skatesmuff is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Well luckily they don'y have me trying for them

Young Jamie Donaldson won the golf down the road this weekend. All because yours truly found this.

52h0xy.jpg[/img]

Yep I saved him a penalty shot and he won by one stroke.

I can however report that he is obviously a skate.

The miserable bstd pocketed $500k and didn't even offer to buy me a pint

Have I mentioned the golf this weekend?

We've often said, that trying to find a buyer for skatesmuff is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Well luckily they don'y have me trying for them

Young Jamie Donaldson won the golf down the road this weekend. All because yours truly found this.

52h0xy.jpg[/img]

Yep I saved him a penalty shot and he won by one stroke.

I can however report that he is obviously a skate.

The miserable bstd pocketed $500k and didn't even offer to buy me a pint

Shame: perhaps the excitement of the occaision overwhelmed him. But you, on the other hand, will be able to sleep at night :)

I think they were too busy laughing at our overly-ambitious chairman - and looking down on our signing of an international defender who isn't on a tax-free £100K a week, plus image rights.

(Well I fricking hope he isn't!)

Then again I've been hearing all season from the other side that our weak point is our manager and that's why we'll go down.

I've now seen a massive U-turn concerning how we'll go down because of changing managers.... :?

And on that one, as I have no interest in joining the madness on the main board - how come when other teams change managers we are convinced that they will improve dramatically as a result, yet the bedwetting self-indulgent drama queens are weeping because our relegation is now set in stone?

My fave was the guy who obviously doesn't have a season ticket as he said he'd burned it in a 'look at me' stance.

Think I'd have cut it up as it's plastic - though if it were 1988 I'd have burned it. :)

Ho hum, Black Friday has passed, but the future is still red and white.

Have pompey taken any money this month?

Expensive business is winter - for income it's a bit like summer, but will less Slaughter in Gibraltar holidays.

agree they must be loseing money big time at the moment with hardly no income coming in and some of the staff taking a wage cut again and others leaving...not looking good for them.

Chanrai has changed his tune!

I still have a debenture over the club as security on the club's full assets, so one way or another I'm going to get my money back.

Oh, actually he hasn't.

Despite all these courtroom defeats and boosts for the Trust, the big-hearted loan shark doesn't appear to have budged one inch.

That bodes well for the masterplan to negotiate him down a few hundred percent.

Bet you wish you had a Chairman to be mad at for sacking a decent manager!

On a plus point, the golf tales are marginally more interesting than reading neil allen's missives.

But this was a good one.

Tiger is in Abu Dhabi. They paid him $2million appearance money.

He was rubbish and missed the cut.

At the press conference at the end of the round one Journo pointed out that he had stung Abu Dhabi for the tune of $21,000 per shot.

A (lady) Journo then stood up and asked "Mr Woods, considering how much you got paid per shot, do you now regret not taking more shots in each round?"

On the way out, I couldn't resist it...

Excuse me Miss, can I ask you a quick question? "Why sure"

You're from Portsmouth aren't you.

"Why yes, how did you guess?"

:facepalm:

Chanrai has changed his tune!

I still have a debenture over the club as security on the club's full assets, so one way or another I'm going to get my money back.

Oh, actually he hasn't.

Despite all these courtroom defeats and boosts for the Trust, the big-hearted loan shark doesn't appear to have budged one inch.

That bodes well for the masterplan to negotiate him down a few hundred percent.

I'm no legal beagle, but I would read that as that IF the Club's "full assets " are deemed to be say, £1, then that is all he'd get

In other words he can only "get his money back" if there is money there to get back.

Or (as I expect ) am I missing something ? (ie a brain etc )

Still just working folk with bills to pay. They have my sympathy.

I can empathise with that in part but you've got to question the judgement of an employee that has decided to stay working at such a basket case company for the last 3 years as a means to guaranteeing an income. If they've tried to look for more stable jobs elsewhere and failed then fine, they have my sympathy, but otherwise I would question their judgement.

Harsh? Possibly. Fair? Debatable

"The club are £61m in debt."

It annoys me (slightly) when they quote that "£61m" figure.

Firstly because I assume that's the figure that put them into admin for the second time....so....it's not actually the 'debt' figure that was agreed under the terms of CVA2 - that is 2% of £61m. (Unless I'm mistaken?)

Secondly, it annoys me that they never quote the overall amount of debt that they have failed to service since going into Admin1 - i.e. the c.£150m figure we bandie around on here.

That's the true amount they have been in debt as things stand because they have failed to honour the first CVA.

Rant over.

(Edit- yes I know technically the BBC is right as the debt from admin1 has been largely written off but it's a morally accurate figure of how much they've diddled businesses, charities and the taxpayer out of)

Edited by trousers

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})