Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

likewise. I'm also interested to know how £4m of parachute payments could have been initially overlooked. I mean how robust (boy does he like using that totally meaningless word) can the business plan be if an amount like that has been missed. What else has been missed, the £8.5m to be paid to the players? The £1.4m to be paid back to PCC? The amount loaned recently by the HNW individuals? The £2m to PKF? He doesn't even know how much the CVA agreement is FFS. I know its a paltry sum that the creditors are being given but you'd think the PST might know what it is.

+ £2m to Kanu (another question that goes unanswered....or is that included in the £8.5m??)

Wow...he's got a question right..... ;)

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:14[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Tom

What are the chances of the -10 points being carried over to next season if this is not sorted by march the 4th (The date for the deduction being applied at the start of next season i think)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:16[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text]Colin:

The bottom line is that this is a decision for the Football League Board. They have absolute discretion to do what they like. It's their competition. Any deadline dates are simply not relevant or true. The FL board has said the deduction will kick in when we come out of admin. If that is, say, March 1, then that would be the day I'd assume.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:17

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Mattytaylorsrightfoot

Colin, thank you for taking the time to come on here and answer questions, may I ask how much truth there is in the rumours of the PST obtaining a loan from portsmouth city council, if so this would surely mean taking the club on with debt, which goes against the trust's original plan of having no debt on taking over the club. And, if it's not the council where this extra funding re buying the club is coming from would you care to expand how this money is being obtained please?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:20

[/TD]

My pleasure. The club will have debt going forward as I have already explained. Debt is not a 'bad thing' in itself. The re-worked business plan now allows us to buy the stadium up front via a loan and pay it back over a period of time. This is affordable and secures the club's principle asset. It is a good thing.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

13:55

Colin: PKF are making the decisions at the moment, obviously keeping PST/HNWs in the loop. Of course there is a limit to the generosity of spirit these HNW Pompey fans have shown, but we are confident an end to the process is in sight. The money they have put in so far will then be part of their investment.

So the money the HNW individuals are putting in will be converted to shares if the takeover is successful, yet the Trust state that the majority shareholder will still be the fans if the takeover is successful. Surely the HNW individuals are diluting the impact of fan ownership on a weekly basis? Doesn't add up to me.

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:26

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Guest

Is there any negotiation with trevor birch and PKF with regards to the amount his is earning due to how long this saga is drawn out[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:26

[/TD]

PKF's fees are for the creditors, not PST.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:28

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Dan

Colin maybe you can clear this up for us all then. Why was there a 2 days set aside in December to value fp only for the court case to be adjourned and given a 1 day session and then adjourned again and given another 1 day session, surely if it was given 2 days to start with the next time it comes to court its gonna take the same time, so why go back to court just for another date why didnt they just say right its these 2 days and thats it[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:29

[/TD]

That is a matter for the court and the judge, I'm afraid.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:30

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Richard

If we had one of the league lowest wage bills as has been frequently quoted and we have one of the league highest attendances, how is it that the HNW have needed to invest so much money?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:32

[/TD]

I am genuinely not sure where PFC's wage bill pitched in a L1 table. Your question is then based on a supposition. the fact of the matter we need some HNW Pompey fans to step up to the plate and they did.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

He's not an "attention to detail" chap, is he?!

FFS....

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:32[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Richard

Hi Colin, the remaining parachute payments sem to have bee allocatd many times over to football creditors, the CVA, Chinny, Fratton, PKF and as security for a council loan - Wht is your understanding?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:34[/TD]

I have not seen a recent iteration of the business plan, so can't comment directly. :facepalm: Again though there is always speculation which is not always accurate.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Comment From Richard

Hi Colin, the remaining parachute payments seem to have bee allocated many times over to football creditors, the CVA, Chinny, Fratton, PKF and as security for a council loan - Wht is your understanding?

Colin:

I have not seen a recent iteration of the business plan, so can't comment directly. Again though there is always speculation which is not always accurate.

Edit: Ahh, beat me to it Trousers. Not an answer though is it to perhaps the most important question that there is...

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:35

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Martin

Has the issue of this "Floating Charge" been resolved and was it 2 million? It came up in the last court case, but can't find any update on it since.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:36

[/TD]

This is still a live court case, so I wouldn't want to prejudice it by commenting on that matter.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:42

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Joe

How does the PST intend to resolve the debt owed to football creditors? IIRC Chanrai was going to offer them £8m and the PST have budgeted alot less.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:43

[/TD]

This has been factored into the business plan and can be afforded from our projected income streams[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

He doesn't seem to give a stuff about the current financial management of the club....even if it is "PKF's remit" you'd have thought someone involved in a takeover would be vaguely interested.... :facepalm:

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:44[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From USConsultant

How have the postponed games affected the cashflow?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:44[/TD]

Don't know. A question for PKF, but we have three home games in a week. Buy your tickets now![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:47

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Joe

Colin, do you think that "the News" journalists only scraping together enough cash for one pledge was a bit pathetic?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:48

[/TD]

The News sports team are a fine set of individuals and i won't hear a word against them. That's right Neil? :o)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:42

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Joe

How does the PST intend to resolve the debt owed to football creditors? IIRC Chanrai was going to offer them £8m and the PST have budgeted alot less.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:43

[/TD]

This has been factored into the business plan and can be afforded from our projected income streams[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

that Joe bloke sounds very informed and highly intelligent......

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:47

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Joe

Colin, do you think that "the News" journalists only scraping together enough cash for one pledge was a bit pathetic?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:48

[/TD]

The News sports team are a fine set of individuals and i won't hear a word against them. That's right Neil? :o)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

another brilliant question from "Joe", a definite legend....

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:48[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Peter

Colin.we seem to only hear flowery language re. T/o by the pst.1.do you think the HC will rule in our favour next week.2. Do you also think that perhaps BC with his finance,advisors and support might pull a Rabbit out of the hat and totally stun yourselves with a move you hadn't,t accounted.3. We heard there was a cash boost for the pst. Can you disclose the source.4. Could this whole saga reach an agreement out of court.thank you[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:51[/TD]

You're too kind my dear, dear dear sir.... ;o) 1. Not next week, but I believe they will rule in our favour. 2. You'd need to ask Portpin. 3. The business plan has been reworked. 4. It could if Portpin were reasonable about it.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Well that clears that one up then.... :facepalm:

14:36 [Comment From Joe Joe : ]

If PST can't raise enough for a controlling interest i.e. >50% would you agree that you're basically helping to fund the takeover of the club by the HNW individuals?

Wednesday January 23, 2013 14:36 Joe

14:37 Colin: I don't think PST will have less than 50 per cent.

ANSWER THE ****ING QUESTION

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:58[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Steve

as a follow on question to the PKF o/s fees. How is this actually financed? the club clearly have to be running legally now so are their fees part of the running costs today and as such ring fenced in anyway? so if the trust agree a sale would that have to include the PKF outstanding balance and if so have you factored this into your revised business plan?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:00[/TD]

PKF's fees have been factored into our business plan. The other questions are a bit technical for me to answer to be honest.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This bloke is unreal...he said earlier he has no idea how much the PKF fees will end up being ("That's a matter between PKF and the creditors") and yet this "unknown figure" is somehow covered in the Trust's business plan. FFS, make your mind up

Edited by trousers

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:07[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Duncan

What have the remaining parachute payments been allocated to in the 'business plan'? Neil Allen said on a recent webchat that they had already been allocated to pay off the football creditors (players etc) but this week Portsmouth Council are still talking about the PPs being used as security for money they might loan to the Trust. What's the definitive position with regards the PPs? Thanks[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:08[/TD]

As I said the business plan has been reworked. I genuinely don't have access to the level of detail you are asking for.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Jesus Christ....I give up...transparency my arse

Edited by trousers

Heaven's sake, if I was a Pompey Supporter, and I was reading Mr Farmery's answers, I would be starting to be very worried indeed.

However, I am a Saints' fan and I look forward to the weeks, nay months, of mirth and merriment that are about to emanate from the Eastern end of the M27

I believe in right and wrong..........Most of the time.:rolleyes:

But reading the Pompey saga recently and Mr Farmery NOT answering straight forward questions ..today..:p

One conclusion...TOTAL AND UTTER SHAMBLES.:D

Mr Farmery is either a total idiot or is telling porkies OR as I suspect ..HAS NOT GOT A CLUE.:)

They have NOT got the money to go forwards...

THEY COULD NOT ORGANISE A PIIIISH UP IN A BREWERY.:lol:

Heaven's sake, if I was a Pompey Supporter, and I was reading Mr Farmery's answers, I would be starting to be very worried indeed.

However, I am a Saints' fan and I look forward to the weeks, nay months, of mirth and merriment that are about to emanate from the Eastern end of the M27

Aye, this.

I've heard nothing that makes me think that Pompey are going to be ok.

technically there is an argument to say it was 'relaid' -

he took the facts about insolvent trading, multiple promises of PPs to all, and basketcase plans for the future, broke them up with a sledge hammer and created a new fluffy version that would fool dim people.

He then presented this new version of reality to both backroom staff and players and the really thick ones all rushed down with their wheelbarrows to be part of the biggest and bestest and most passionate cash bonanza and liquidation party ever.

If only people in football could use Google, or this thread...no one knew that there were any issues surrounding the club at any point, everyone has be taken by surprise at every turn. :?

Criminals, money-laundering, prossies, tax-evasion - it's all come as a massive shock, unless you have a basic grasp of the internet.

Cue people being aghast that the figures still don't stack up - surely they must have some sort of Broadband in Portsea?

Is it the keyboards - too small for webby fingers?

Or the actual words - are they all long and lettery?...

It's not difficult to do research so I have zero sympathy with any player or hairdresser who went to an insolvent club and was then horrified to discover that the club was insolvent.

Yes, it does seem that Simon Gillette is the only footballer approached by them who can use the internet. I guess he did learn something useful during his time in the Saints academy (and, possibly, from here).

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:30[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From pompey dave

do you reckon southampton will survive in the premiership[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:31[/TD]

Yesfb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I take it all back...

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:30

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From pompey dave

do you reckon southampton will survive in the premiership

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:31

[/TD]

Yes.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:32[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Larry

What will the parachute payments be used for when they arrive in February?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

Probably a question for PKF.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Derek

How long do we estimate it will taketo pay off all existing debts to make the club clear and be able to move forward again ? do we have any remaining parachute payments left from any of the relegations ?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:33[/TD]

Yes there are PP's available going forward. from memory, Year 4 is the most likely time the final break with past debts will be made.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Kevin

PKF will have to apply to the court to extend the administration beyond the normal 12 month period. Are you confident the court will grant the extension?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:34[/TD]

Yes.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Larry

What will the parachute payments be used for when they arrive in February?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

Probably a question for PKF.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So you have no idea if the PST will have access to any of this cash if you are successful in your takeover, roughly 1 month later? What kind of "business plan" are you working to? Jesus....

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:36

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Oliver

Why aren't you answering any questions about the parachute payments? #silence_speaks_volumes[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:38

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Colin:

I have answered it. The business plan has been re-worked, as I explained to enable the original plan to buy FP up front. There is plenty of speculation about what has been assigned to whom and for how long I simply cannot comment on, as this is commercially sensitive information.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Derek

How long do we estimate it will taketo pay off all existing debts to make the club clear and be able to move forward again ? do we have any remaining parachute payments left from any of the relegations ?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

Yes there are PP's available going forward. from memory, Year 4 is the most likely time the final break with past debts will be made.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Year 4 is the most likely time the final break with past debts........:rolleyes:

Mr Farmery...You know you haven't got the money for a pot to piiiish in..

Even if there was some scam going on....Your group would not even survive 4 months let alone 4 years...:p

Colin reads all my posts and loves me:D

I actually feel a bit sorry for Colin Fermery; he's coming across as completely deluded and entirely ignorant of the precise finances of the PDT's bid.

Fratton park: £2.75M (best case)

CVA: £850K

Player deferrrals: £8.5M

PKF fees: £2M bare minimum

Where is the money coming from? "Reworking" the business plan is not an answer.

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]16:11[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Jeremy

FA Cup win or Pompey's current predicament?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]16:11[/TD]

FA Cup win.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

:facepalm:

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]16:18[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Walter

Hi Colin - just to clarify....what's your "job title" in your roll at the Trust?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]16:19[/TD]

I am the official PST live webchat blogger. And spokesperson as well... ;o)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]16:22

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Guest

some of you need to remember colin is spokesman not account for PST[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

What is Mr Farmery's role in the PST?

If he is relatively senior, should he not know what is included within the business plan and have access to the level of detail being asked for? Extremely worry for P*mpey fans if he genuinely knows as little as he is suggesting.

If he is relatively junior, why the f*** is he being invited to host a web chat?

Something I'm struggling with......Can anyone explain how you can be a spokesman for an organisation when (a) you don't know the details about what you're spokesman for and (b) the things you do know about you're not allowed to talk about?

Edit: or, in other words, what Clapham said just before me :)

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #f6f6f6]16:18

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Walter

Hi Colin - just to clarify....what's your "job title" in your roll at the Trust?

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #f6f6f6]16:19

[/TD]

I am the official PST live webchat blogger. And spokesperson as well... ;o)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #f6f6f6]16:22

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Guest

some of you need to remember colin is spokesman not account for PST

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So...

"I really really wanted to be involved but have no actual value to add. The HNW saw me for the mug that I am and gave me a noddy job title to keep me happy whilst giving me no information and using me as a PR shiled."

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})