Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

In the next 110mins they need to raise £25M.

I don't think they are serious about selling players today to cover debt, the creditors must wonder why little is happening when they should be offloading 7/8 players for the wages at least.

Are they hoping it all just goes away and they win a few games by retaining most of their illegally-assembled squad?

It's a suicidal strategy in the last chance saloon - the taxman won't blink first and will nail them to a tree.

And on the upcoming milestone for the thread, the peleton should wave the thread-starter to the front - so I await a historic and poetic post that may even inspire the book title when it is published.....

Perhaps this has some bearing..........taken from the main board thread.

'This is how it works per the Insolvency Rules. All transactions from the date the Petition was advertised up to the date the order was granted can be made Void by the liquidator who is appointed.

it is designed to stop a dishonest business, which realises it is doomed, from then entering into deals to sell off its best assets but say for a very low price, or it gives its assets to one particular creditor to pay them off - but everyone else is left high and dry.'

I did not say he was desperate not to leave but it is known he would prefer to continue his development here until at least the summer. Either way 2hrs 10m until we find out

How many Pompey fans actually realise the seriousness of the situation? The way I see it, you need to sell everything (including anything that's nailed down) in order to stand a chance of actually having a football club to support after the next month. Isn't that more important than whether you sell some keeper or not?

Still, I'm sure HMRC will understand this reasoning at the High Court in 10 days time...

How many Pompey fans actually realise the seriousness of the situation? The way I see it, you need to sell everything (including anything that's nailed down) in order to stand a chance of actually having a football club to support after the next month. Isn't that more important than whether you sell some keeper or not?

Still, I'm sure HMRC will understand this reasoning at the High Court in 10 days time...

I am fully expecting there to be no club soon and there are already things being put in place should this happen

There are several things I don't understand.

1) Why do the media seem to be totally ignoring the fact that Begovic has already played for 2 clubs this season?

2) If they don't manage to sell anyone now, how the bloody hell are they going to be able to pay future wage bills, considering they couldn't pay any of the last 4 on time?

3) Is there actually any hope for them?!

1) Why do the media seem to be totally ignoring the fact that Begovic has already played for 2 clubs this season?

It's not ahard and fast rule. it was implemented pre transfer window days to stop the bigger teams buying up the talent to help them win cups...

Pretty sure he was an emergency loan to Ipswich for only a handfull of games... the FA would wave it on through due to tPompeys current situation...

There seems to be a bit of a grey area here because Begovic went to Ipswich on an "emergency loan" deal. As such, his appearances for them may not count for the "played for two or more clubs" rule.

It's also entirely possible that the Premier League/FA are able to give special dispensation to bypass the rule under exceptional circumstances, e.g. the selling club desperately needs the money...

With the non-payment of wages (or them being constantly late), how likely is it that the players could walk away before the Cup game?

I suspect that non-payment for a third time amounts to breach of contract so if that's the case they can walk away at any moment. Of course, they would then need to find another club to take them and as the transfer window ends in 83 minutes that might be difficult, unless they count as free agents, perhaps.

With the non-payment of wages (or them being constantly late), how likely is it that the players could walk away before the Cup game?

Very likely.

I believe that they become free agents and so can join other clubs. I suspect Nugent is hoping they go under so he can negotiate himself a nice big whack by way of signing on fee as no transfer fee will be payable....

Why would any Pompey player take advantage of the "handing your notice in" clause at the moment? While they're being paid late, they are still actually getting paid, and there's no way they'd get anywhere near the same sort of wages elsewhere.

Some would, some wouldn't. Utaka, James, Hreiddersson wouldn't get more. Begovic certainly would, and probably on performances this season Boateng would too.

very lol, SG makes a good point and for some reason the players all really seem to want to do their best for us....beats me as to why.

Probably the blitz spirit kicking in. That, or the food additives in their pot noodles (assuming they still own a kettle?).

I suspect that non-payment for a third time amounts to breach of contract so if that's the case they can walk away at any moment. Of course, they would then need to find another club to take them and as the transfer window ends in 83 minutes that might be difficult, unless they count as free agents, perhaps.

They have to hand in their notice and then the club has 14 days to pay them their wages or the contract then becomes null and void (and they become out of contract players). No player is going to do this whilst they are still being paid, all be it late, unless they had a new club lined up.

They have to hand in their notice and then the club has 14 days to pay them their wages or the contract then becomes null and void (and they become out of contract players). No player is going to do this whilst they are still being paid, all be it late, unless they had a new club lined up.

Or perhaps some of them are negotiating deals on the quiet with other clubs (let's say through agents...leeches) on the basis that they will in fact be free agents in the next two weeks.

Because, as it has already been stated, why pay money today for a player you can get for free in 2 weeks?

Plus the players would benefit financially in the end, which, as we all agree, is all that matters.

Loyalty to PFC? Yep, you can believe that until Maradona arrives to oversee next season in the Blue Square...

very lol, SG makes a good point and for some reason the players all really seem to want to do their best for us....beats me as to why.

wages halved if they go down? Peter Tells Stories is the best negotiator in the worldTM after all.

Really:smt103......just don't do this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...pay-club-debts

:D

I just hope that no-one decides to send him some invoices from made up companies to add to his woes, that would not be funny and not be a very nice thing to do. Especially as his Mum, Dad, Brother and Missus* are shareholders too plus he owns another company which could be in jeopardy should he be pursued in the courts.

Is it illegal to make up fake court summons using Publisher?

*I understand these to be four different people, but I may be wrong.

2) If they don't manage to sell anyone now, how the bloody hell are they going to be able to pay future wage bills, considering they couldn't pay any of the last 4 on time?

3) Is there actually any hope for them?!

I don't understand it either, for a business that has been referred to as on the verge of bankruptcy how come the only activity in the transfer window has been

Nugent out on loan, Kaboul sold,

O'Hara in on loan

I think that is it?

Hardly the sign of a club desperate for every penny.

Have the players been paid today? If not, the FA should be held to account for scandalously allowing the transfer embargo to be lifted.

I must admit I am disappointed, had hoped they would lose several others of their better players.

I just hope that no-one decides to send him some invoices from made up companies to add to his woes, that would not be funny and not be a very nice thing to do. Especially as his Mum, Dad, Brother and Missus* are shareholders too plus he owns another company which could be in jeopardy should he be pursued in the courts.

Is it illegal to make up fake court summons using Publisher?

*I understand these to be four different people, but I may be wrong.

I will send him one for £1,000,

A full servicing of his missus.

like.....????

we are not exactly blessed with "decent" premiership players, even Boateng has flattered to deceive on occasions

I agree, not many players at Pompey that could walk into other premiership sides. Some could drop a division but who's gonna take a pay cut from seemingly stupid levels Pompey have been paying.

Ironically been speaking to a guy at HMRC today to the National Debt pursuit unit.They had issued two statements that were incorrect on backpayments of Nat Ins.. so they do make errors.However, in chatting to him he thinks PayupP will go admin route.If that is the case then they might hang around long enough to play us so we could face the prospect of losing to them but still going through as they will have been liquidated by the end of the month.

if I go back to some of my old posts on here, edit them so they are much shorter - will yours go onto previous page?!

No, sadly its 50 posts per page. Sorry.

But 1 closer to the big number now.

Edit - I think Corp Ho is going to come at us with some outstanding new info for the big 10,000. He has been planning it for weeks. Or they actually will sign Riquelme.

if I go back to some of my old posts on here, edit them so they are much shorter - will yours go onto previous page?!

No, its 50 a page I believe. (and if the mods delete any of the earlier ones can you delete 3).

Would be good if the 10,000th coincided with the closure of the transfer window.

Edited by pedg