Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Why would any Pompey player take advantage of the "handing your notice in" clause at the moment? While they're being paid late, they are still actually getting paid, and there's no way they'd get anywhere near the same sort of wages elsewhere.

If they give notice they need to wait 14 days to become free agents.

If they don't then they might get paid and will also only have to wait 11 days to become free agents...

Actually...

They did damn well to get as much as 5mil for Kaboul - seems only the few's owners have no idea that football is stuck in a massive recession...

BBC Sport's Simon Austin:

"I've just been to interview a sports consultant at Deloitte. They estimate only £21m has been spent in the January transfer window so far, compared to £170m last year and £150m in January 2008. There haven't been any £10m signings this year and only one for £5m, which Spurs paid Portsmouth for Younes Kaboul. There were seven £10m signings last January - three were made by Manchester City (Nigel de Jong, Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bridge), three by Spurs (Wilson Palacios, Jermain Defoe and Robbie Keane) and one by Arsenal (Andrey Arshavin).

Also puts our efforts into perspective - around 2mil or more spent - that's 10% of the total window spend so far!

Actually...

They did damn well to get as much as 5mil for Kaboul - seems only the few's owners have no idea that football is stuck in a massive recession...

Also puts our efforts into perspective - around 2mil or more spent - that's 10% of the total window spend so far!

Wasn't Chris Smallings move from Fulham to ManYoo for £10million??

Edited by Red Alert

Never mind the 10,000 post I claim first post on the 200th page!

if I go back to some of my old posts on here, edit them so they are much shorter - will yours go onto previous page?!

No, sadly its 50 posts per page. Sorry.

But 1 closer to the big number now.

Edit - I think Corp Ho is going to come at us with some outstanding new info for the big 10,000. He has been planning it for weeks. Or they actually will sign Riquelme.

Yeah, but I can delete posts that are "filler" and "pointless" so the total slips back down.

You have been warned, lets got get into a "I want the 1000th post" battle please

If James plays another 9 times for Pompey first team he activates a year extention to his contract, something Pompey are trying to avoid. That may be why they have rejected the bid from Stoke for Bergovic. They need him

its not just the new contract, but its rumoured to be on a substantial pay rise as well

Suppose if they can't sell a few more in the next 20 mins, they can still try to offload them via loans... at least they might get some of their wages back in order...

Think they have got to the point that selling more players is like trying to bail out a sinking boat using a tea spoon.

Suppose if they can't sell a few more in the next 20 mins, they can still try to offload them via loans... at least they might get some of their wages back in order...

Think they have got to the point that selling more players is like trying to bail out a sinking boat using a tea spoon.

A tea spoon with a hole in the middle

Ironically been speaking to a guy at HMRC today to the National Debt pursuit unit.They had issued two statements that were incorrect on backpayments of Nat Ins.. so they do make errors.However, in chatting to him he thinks PayupP will go admin route.If that is the case then they might hang around long enough to play us so we could face the prospect of losing to them but still going through as they will have been liquidated by the end of the month.

Can't see that happening as we would effectively have been knocked out of the cup, more likely to leave them in the hat and give whoever draws them a bye. Personally I can't see any of it happening - I think they will survive.

Never mind the 10,000 post I claim first post on the 200th page!

FYI, this is he 199th page, there was no Page 0. hth

This happened with people celebrating the new millenium a year early too.

Simple maths is not always so simple for simple people to understand.

Simples.

Simples.

Interesting logic, but as page 1 was very clearly the first page, I'm afraid that page 200 is equally clearly the 200th page...

Simples.

Ha! Can't fool me with you're meercat mind trickery! Trying to get me to go back to the beginning so you can get the 10,000th post.

Personally I think that the honour of submitting the 10,000th (thats more pounds than Pompey have btw) post should be left to the OP. FF started this, oh so many moons ago, and it is only right and proper that he be allowed to take the glorious milestone that is 10,000...!

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (July 8th) should now be made a public holiday in Hants.

lest we forget the glorious beginning to this thread, brings back memories.

Simples.

Aren't you confusing your cardinals with your ordinals? The page labeled 200 is the 200th page, the same as page 1 was the first. And don't get me started on the millenium. JC wasn't born in year 1, 0 or anywhere near that, what we were all celebrating was the clock ticking over to all the 0s. If you waited a year then you must have missed a hell of a party!