Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

ITs all that nasty premier leagues fault you know!

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/article.php?id=1301

SOS POMPEY!

Portsmouth Fans United For Their Club

PRESS RELEASE

POMPEY FANS TO TAKE THEIR PROTEST TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE

Pompey appear to have their best players being sold by a convicted fraudster.

The Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director and Manager have disavowed any involvement in these transfer deals.

This means there is a very real possibility the club is being effectively run by three times convicted fraudster Danny Azougy acting as a Shadow Director, which is against Premier League rules.

Why have the Premier League refused to act?

Why are they allowing their rulebook to be flouted?

SOS Pompey encourages all fans travelling to Fulham on Wednesday 3rd February to congregate outside:

FA Premier League headquarters at 30 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 8PL at 5.00pm

SOS Pompey asks all supporters to demonstrate peacefully and refrain from any racist chanting.

For further information please go to

http://sospompey.sports.officelive.com/default.aspx

ends

Bit strange to mention racist chanting isn't it?

Nice of them to highlight what the rest of us have been thinking...but at the moment perhaps cutting off their nose to spite their face.

If they were in the Fizzy Pop league they would already be relegated.

ITs all that nasty premier leagues fault you know!

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/article.php?id=1301

SOS POMPEY!

Portsmouth Fans United For Their Club

PRESS RELEASE

POMPEY FANS TO TAKE THEIR PROTEST TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE

Pompey appear to have their best players being sold by a convicted fraudster.

The Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director and Manager have disavowed any involvement in these transfer deals.

This means there is a very real possibility the club is being effectively run by three times convicted fraudster Danny Azougy acting as a Shadow Director, which is against Premier League rules.

Why have the Premier League refused to act?

Why are they allowing their rulebook to be flouted?

SOS Pompey encourages all fans travelling to Fulham on Wednesday 3rd February to congregate outside:

FA Premier League headquarters at 30 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 8PL at 5.00pm

SOS Pompey asks all supporters to demonstrate peacefully and refrain from any racist chanting.

For further information please go to

http://sospompey.sports.officelive.com/default.aspx

ends

Bit strange to mention racist chanting isn't it?

Nice of them to highlight what the rest of us have been thinking...but at the moment perhaps cutting off their nose to spite their face.

If they were in the Fizzy Pop league they would already be relegated.

Obviously they encounter quite a bit of it? Although not totally unexpected TBH.

SOS Pompey encourages all fans travelling to Fulham on Wednesday 3rd February to congregate outside: [/font][/color]

Excellent, this is about 5 mins walk from where I work.

I will wander round there I think and take a photo of both of them.

Might even start a bit of, ummm, lets call it banter.

It's just those "you can stick you're fcking arabs up your rse" chants...

Which, in all honesty , are not racist. If they had chanted "ALL ARABS are KOOONTS" then yes, it would be racist, they were just directing their chants at their latest two owners, both Arabs, who have no money or refuse to invest....

Ah....Ok...well not ok but you get my drift.

Have they not worked out for themselves that Al Mirage doesn't exist yet then?

Strange how they were going to be better off than us a mere few months ago...

Indeed. It's becoming offensive now how they are still allowed.
it seems they are throwing every penny into PL survival , if they manage to do so they will get out of all their problems. they must have something up their sleeves re the winding up orders

James not going to spuds.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/18657.html

As much as Harry Redknapp admires his former goalkeeper at Portsmouth, the form of Heurelho Gomes means he won’t be bidding for the 39-year-old.

"I love Jamo, I think he's fantastic,” he said. “I still think he's the best English goalkeeper but the situation is that he needs to play. I couldn't leave Gomes out of my team.

“Obviously Jamo needs to play to go to the World Cup Finals. He's a top goalkeeper but he needs to play to cement his place in the World Cup team."

reckon its time for a rule change

all players on the field of play must have all transfer fee's paid upto date, any arrears should lead to the player being 'banned' until payments are made.

that would stop clubs just getting in players to the detriment of other clubs around them who pay their way and basically cheating their way to either a cup win or league position

all players on the field of play must have all transfer fee's paid upto date, any arrears should lead to the player being 'banned' until payments are made.

that would stop clubs just getting in players to the detriment of other clubs around them who pay their way and basically cheating their way to either a cup win or league position

So... the premier league to be 5 aside until around 2043 then? ;-)

Not at all my friend. Regardless of the date of the article, it shows clearly that Azougy has direct links to Gaydamak...

Brought in at Pompey by Al Mirage...? Yeah right....

That's where I want Solent et al to lead with it...!

But my point is that this isn't new news, as I thought it was common knowledge that Azougy was employed by Arcadi Gaydamak in his dealings at Beiter. In the same way that Chainrai has sued Arcadi for $23m last year, and won. Suddenly Chainrai has a loan to PFC secured against the ground, and Gaydamak junior has the land around the ground. Is that a property deal to settle the $23m that I can smell? Until Al Faraj is 'unmasked' then there will always be suspicion that he doesn't exist, and that Pompey are tied up in some complex middle eastern power struggle. The idea of Arabs and Israelis being involved together in a PL club, does seem unlikely ast best.

Or quite simply that all transfer fees have to be paid in full at the time of the transfer (except for sell on fees, extras of promoted/called up for internationals, etc.)

Also, I think it is wrong that players can be loaned to teams in the same division as their parent club. Obviously the player cannot play against their parent team, therefore it gives them an unfair advantage over their competitors.

But my point is that this isn't new news, as I thought it was common knowledge that Azougy was employed by Arcadi Gaydamak in his dealings at Beiter. In the same way that Chainrai has sued Arcadi for $23m last year, and won. Suddenly Chainrai has a loan to PFC secured against the ground, and Gaydamak junior has the land around the ground. Is that a property deal to settle the $23m that I can smell? Until Al Faraj is 'unmasked' then there will always be suspicion that he doesn't exist, and that Pompey are tied up in some complex middle eastern power struggle. The idea of Arabs and Israelis being involved together in a PL club, does seem unlikely ast best.

But Gaydamark is a lifelong Portsmuff Fan! they are big in Israel dont you know!

From the Guardian's minute-by-minute coverage of transfer deadline day:

12.38pm: Watford have rejected Tottenham's request to take Scott Loach on loan with a view to a permanent move. As the Sky reporter outside Tottenham's training ground was relaying this information, a rubbish lorry was seen reversing through the gates. Presumably delivering the rest of the Portsmouth squad.

:lol:

Maybe, but it would mean that clubs would gain no advantage in having players on their books who they have not kept upto date on the payments, infact it would be a disadvantage as they would be paying wages for players but not able to field them.

PFC aside finance in football is due a big shakeup

not heard of other clubs so far not keeping upto date in the Premier, infact how many transfer embargos have there been in the Premier League?

The idea of Arabs and Israelis being involved together in a PL club, does seem unlikely ast best.

They 'hate' each other, but large amounts of money seems to make them 'forget' about the hate thing.

They deal with other all the time when it suits them.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/custompages/custompage.aspx?pageid=81581

Worth having a read of the early posts, funny as feck. I particularly like the question about having a youth team, roving report Jordan replies, just about!

There do still seem to be some people down the road with complete withdrawl from reality. One such post, I hear we might be signing Baptista from Arsenal and bring in Robbie Keane!

lol - looks like we may sign manual fernandes on loan though

I would have thought that's the most unlikely signing of them all, to be honest. Valencia are absolutely skint (perhaps more so than you!), so if they're going to loan players out, they'll be wanting the wages paid by the loaning club - something I suspect you'll struggle with.

lol - looks like we may sign manual fernandes on loan though

him, O'Hara, Yebda and Diop/Brown in our midfield against you lot and we may have a small chance

small chance? You're a premierhip side FFS. Talk about covering your arse.

I hope their new signings like Pot Noodle and crisps, you can get them in bulk from the Eastleigh CashNCarry.

Anyone at Fratton asked why they can afford to do lots of expensive things but paying ordinary people and local businesses seems beyond them?...

The club's reputation is shot to bits, they look like a dirty club run by crooks.

(in case anyone hadn't noticed!)

I would have thought that's the most unlikely signing of them all, to be honest. Valencia are absolutely skint (perhaps more so than you!), so if they're going to loan players out, they'll be wanting the wages paid by the loaning club - something I suspect you'll struggle with.

http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?titulo=Portsmouth+close+to+loan+move+for+Fernandes&id=263

Pompey have rejected that bid for Begovic.

From guardian..

2.03pm: Portsmouth have rejected a bid from Stoke for Asmir Begovic, and are considering reporting Stoke to the Premier League for tapping-up-related crimes.

From guardian..

2.03pm: Portsmouth have rejected a bid from Stoke for Asmir Begovic, and are considering reporting Stoke to the Premier League for tapping-up-related crimes.

This is what I don't get. If they are as f****d as everyone is saying, than surely they would be almost giving their squad away at this point just to get them off their books? Or have a missed something? As it currently stands the transfer window hasn't been particularly out of the ordinary for them.

This is what I don't get. If they are as f****d as everyone is saying, than surely they would be almost giving their squad away at this point just to get them off their books? Or have a missed something? As it currently stands the transfer window hasn't been particularly out of the ordinary for them.

My suspicion is that they know that even if they get rid of almost the whole team they would still not have enough to pay their debts. By keeping a plausible team together it increases their chance that someone might be stupid enough to give them more money.

Essentially, Begovic is the one player they're desperate to hold onto as he'll have a bigger resale value in the future, and Storrie and Jacob are ****-scared of the fan reaction if they sell him.

Whether they'll have a choice in the next 3 hours or so is another matter...