Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Essentially, Begovic is the one player they're desperate to hold onto as he'll have a bigger resale value in the future, and Storrie and Jacob are ****-scared of the fan reaction if they sell him.

Whether they'll have a choice in the next 3 hours or so is another matter...

And as the hours tick away the price to buy him becomes less and less you would think.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/custompages/custompage.aspx?pageid=81581

Worth having a read of the early posts, funny as feck. I particularly like the question about having a youth team, roving report Jordan replies, just about!

There do still seem to be some people down the road with complete withdrawl from reality. One such post, I hear we might be signing Baptista from Arsenal and bring in Robbie Keane!

Baptista.?. They'd be better off signing John the Baptist

I expect Portsmouth want Stoke to pay up in full immediately. I highly doubt this will happen though and Stoke should just need to hold strong until 5pm approaches to have their bid accepted.

Not completely necessary.

If the agreement is (for example) 750k now, 750k at end of this season and 1.5 mil at the end of next season, then as that money must be paid to the PL, it would be possible for them to use that as security with an invoice discounting type company or a "loan shark" and receive the full amount now, although they would be paying between 12 & 20% interest which would be discounted from the amount they get now.

I expect Portsmouth want Stoke to pay up in full immediately. I highly doubt this will happen though and Stoke should just need to hold strong until 5pm approaches to have their bid accepted.

its more likely James will go to Stoke than Bergovic - he does not want to go and already refused spurs

What is the situation regarding Sorensen? As I understood it he was off to Bayern Munich and that is why they needed a new keeper? Is that move still happening and dependant on bringing someone on? Or is that move for the summer? This will have a major bearing on the price.

From guardian..

2.03pm: Portsmouth have rejected a bid from Stoke for Asmir Begovic, and are considering reporting Stoke to the Premier League for tapping-up-related crimes.

talk about creating a smokescreen. what bunch of ****s. renowend for the dodgiest deals ever done, and now crying when somebody does it to them. fukcing wa*kers

its more likely James will go to Stoke than Bergovic - he does not want to go and already refused spurs

He refused Spurs because he wouldn`t be first choice. I bet that if Stoke say they will make him their number one, he`ll be gone in an instant. I doubt very much if he has any emotional attachment to the car-crash that is PFC.

Al Fahim is prepared to gift his shares to the Portsmouth Supporters Trust.

http://t.love.com/294790294

Does he have (m)any shares to give? He must be mental to think other clubs in the PL are closer to admin than P*mpy though.

He's got 10% IIRC, and as part of the deal he signed with Al-Mirage, he's also responsible for servicing 10% of the debt. He would be an absolute genius if he was able to flog that responsibility to the fans...

depends if he will be first choice at Stoke. Spurs could not offer him games. If Sorensen goes then its a no brainer for him.

Depends how much of his wages you are willing to pay. I heard Stoke were offering just 40% with no loan fee AND you had to start paying his wages again as soon as the season ended ie for the months he is away with England.

That sort of deal is not going to help pay HMRC on the 12th is it?

He's got 10% IIRC, and as part of the deal he signed with Al-Mirage, he's also responsible for servicing 10% of the debt. He would be an absolute genius if he was able to flog that responsibility to the fans...

Here, hold this.... and ignore the ticking sound, it nothing really...

Depends how much of his wages you are willing to pay. I heard Stoke were offering just 40% with no loan fee AND you had to start paying his wages again as soon as the season ended ie for the months he is away with England.

That sort of deal is not going to help pay HMRC on the 12th is it?

I doubt we will pay them anyway TBH

Are you Storrie? He does want to go but he requires first team football......oh and his wages paid on time.

The transfer window has been perfect to save the club as you can cash in, when the window shuts then what?

I myself cant see what people see in Kaboul the little I have seen of him was a player who was very inconsistant and liable to some bad errors.

HR has waved his majic dust and the Spurs fans dont see what is happening, his blunderbuss buying approach of getting loads of players in, 30% being good the rest just about making the first team. The good ones make him look a great judge while the rest are lost in the squad for when he is down to the bare bones.

Spurs wage bill must make eyes water. even though they get double your gates they must still feel it.

I loved the text into Cleggie's Breakfast Show today.

Kevan James was doing an OB outside Nottarf Krap....during one part the trogs were singing 'PUP' in the background.

It goes away for the news, comes back and Cleggie reads out...

'We've had a text from a Saints fan asking if they were singing Pay Up Pompey'....

Haha...classic.

obviously you spoke to him personally then NickH lol ?

No I haven't spoken to him personally but read why he turned down Spurs. Your post made out that he was desperate not to leave his spiritual home at FP, when all he was doing was trying to ensure first team football.

Seeing as there are now only 120 posts to go, I think we should ask the Mods for an intervention.

As this thread is legendary, and as it was created at the time based on some (what turned out to be) pretty good ITK info from an Industrial Unit in deepest Hampshire, perhaps as it would be an historic occassion, we should ensure that FF gets to post the magical 10,000th in honour of this auspicious occassion.

As that post is also likely to co-incide with the end of the transfer window with very little sales made, it could also be the beginning of the end game for the few...

So Mods whadda think? close the thread at 9999 to allow FF to post for history before re-opening?

Seeing as there are now only 120 posts to go, I think we should ask the Mods for an intervention.

As this thread is legendary, and as it was created at the time based on some (what turned out to be) pretty good ITK info from an Industrial Unit in deepest Hampshire, perhaps as it would be an historic occassion, we should ensure that FF gets to post the magical 10,000th in honour of this auspicious occassion.

As that post is also likely to co-incide with the end of the transfer window with very little sales made, it could also be the beginning of the end game for the few...

So Mods whadda think? close the thread at 9999 to allow FF to post for history before re-opening?

I have to admit, I was gonna try and hijack the 10,000th post in this thread myself ;)

Good idea as there is going to be a headlong rush to try and be number 10000.

Or as decent people we should let one of our resident Skates have the honour.

If James plays another 9 times for Pompey first team he activates a year extention to his contract, something Pompey are trying to avoid. That may be why they have rejected the bid from Stoke for Bergovic. They need him

Like they are going to last for another 9 games ?!

If James plays another 9 times for Pompey first team he activates a year extention to his contract, something Pompey are trying to avoid. That may be why they have rejected the bid from Stoke for Bergovic. They need him

Will they worry about something in a years time? I suspect the 3m is far more important now as it could be used to pay next months wages.

I feel loathe to buy a cup ticket as I know 40% will be going to their coffers.

Did I also hear...that Jack Cork has gone on loan to poopy??????:???:

1458: DONE DEAL: Busy day in the north-west - Burnley have completed the signing of Chelsea's 20-year-old midfielder Jack Cork on loan until the end of the season.

from BBC..

close, but no cigar.

Will they worry about something in a years time? I suspect the 3m is far more important now as it could be used to pay next months wages.

I feel loathe to buy a cup ticket as I know 40% will be going to their coffers.

Well they have just rejected Stokes offer of £3m for Bergovic and are considering reporting them and Bergovic's agent.

In the next 110mins they need to raise £25M.

I don't think they are serious about selling players today to cover debt, the creditors must wonder why little is happening when they should be offloading 7/8 players for the wages at least.

Are they hoping it all just goes away and they win a few games by retaining most of their illegally-assembled squad?

It's a suicidal strategy in the last chance saloon - the taxman won't blink first and will nail them to a tree.

And on the upcoming milestone for the thread, the peleton should wave the thread-starter to the front - so I await a historic and poetic post that may even inspire the book title when it is published.....

And on the upcoming milestone for the thread, the peleton should wave the thread-starter to the front - so I await a historic and poetic post that may even inspire the book title when it is published.....

Actually as a tribute to pompey I was considering posting well above what is sensible in an attempt to buy the 10,000th post.

In the next 110mins they need to raise £25M.

I don't think they are serious about selling players today to cover debt, the creditors must wonder why little is happening when they should be offloading 7/8 players for the wages at least.

Are they hoping it all just goes away and they win a few games by retaining most of their illegally-assembled squad?

It's a suicidal strategy in the last chance saloon - the taxman won't blink first and will nail them to a tree.

I once saw a Pompey season ticket nailed to a tree. "I'll have that" I thought. After all, you can't have too many nails.

The longer the day goes on without sales, the more I feel they are going for broke. I'm not sure what I want more, fire sales, or a complete lack of fire sales...

Just because of the fact that we have to play them very soon, I want all their best players gone by 5pm. Doesn't look likely though does it? Looks like they're being typically short sighted and keeping as many people as they can.