Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

funny thing is no one batted an eyelid when he went to Ipswich earlier on this season. And 5 weeks ago we would have bitten anyone's hand off if they offered that sort of money.

The most important thing is that both him and James did not go. James if he wants to go to the world cup will have to perform and is by all accounts willing to re-negotiate the deal in his contract

however, its unlikely to come to that because the club will be out of business before he can complete 10 games

Perhaps this has some bearing..........taken from the main board thread.

'This is how it works per the Insolvency Rules. All transactions from the date the Petition was advertised up to the date the order was granted can be made Void by the liquidator who is appointed.

it is designed to stop a dishonest business, which realises it is doomed, from then entering into deals to sell off its best assets but say for a very low price, or it gives its assets to one particular creditor to pay them off - but everyone else is left high and dry.'

Even if the liquidator voids the transactions, they won't get the money back because the money will probably be in some overseas accounts, and the skates' owners will have scarpered just before P*****y is liquidated. :D

So have they paid the staff today then or not? Can't seem to find anything on that.

My guess would be not, as it would be in the papers (or at least the News) if they had. Presumably if they get all the cash for Kaboul and now Begovic up front they'll be able to pay, but if not...

Can Begovic even play for Stoke having already played for 2 clubs this season?

As far the "the rules" go be can't, so I'm assuming either he will be loaned back to the Skates or Stoke have got an agreement in writing from the FA that he can break "the rules"

So the firesale did not materialise and there was hardly an influx of 'talent' at PFC.

So,are they going to stave off admin/liquidation?

They still have a damn strong squad to play us, which is a bit of a bugger.

And the wages have not been paid thus far,according to my Skate chum.

Edited by saint lard

As far the "the rules" go be can't, so I'm assuming either he will be loaned back to the Skates or Stoke have got an agreement in writing from the FA that he can break "the rules"

He went to Ipswich on an emergency loan so that's been discounted....SSN said there have been a few such examples today.

agreed but cannot see him going to scotland or abroad in a world cup year, he is guarenteed first choice now Azimir has gone

Do you believe, as my skate mate does, that the "owners", once they lost the court case regarding HMRC, wrapped their hand in and are just letting the club die as they don't want to spend anymore ££ and can't see a buyer on the horizon giving them a return?

Do you believe, as my skate mate does, that the "owners", once they lost the court case regarding HMRC, wrapped their hand in and are just letting the club die as they don't want to spend anymore ££ and can't see a buyer on the horizon giving them a return?

but who are the "owners"?

Do you believe, as my skate mate does, that the "owners", once they lost the court case regarding HMRC, wrapped their hand in and are just letting the club die as they don't want to spend any ££ and can't see a buyer on the horizon giving them a return?

I've corrected your post

yes although there are/were interested parties but they were not being furnished with financial info or being allowed access to books or allowed to speak with current owners whoever that might be

According to BBC South today, Portsmouth have signed Manuel Fernandes on loan from Valencia.......whilst they still haven't paid their current players.

makes me sick, because he's a top player - they shouldn't be allowed to sign him.

Hope he brings enough money to pay for his own taxi from the airport

According to BBC South today, Portsmouth have signed Manuel Fernandes on loan from Valencia.......whilst they still haven't paid their current players.

makes me sick, because he's a top player - they shouldn't be allowed to sign him.

According to Wikipedia (not always reliable, I know) on Saturday Fernandes was due to sign on loan for Inter but failed a medical, so they could be signing an unfit player.

edit, here is a link to a story about it: http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/01/31/1769659/valencia-confirm-manuel-fernandes-inter-move-is-off

Edited by MOSaint
added link

Seems to be a view shared by the more evolved skates.

Will pfc survive the season do you think?

no - cannot see us getting past the HMRC - although we have appealed. Most of us want the premier league to put us into admin so we can stop the current owners fleecing money out of the club, w@nkers

no - cannot see us getting past the HMRC - although we have appealed. Most of us want the premier league to put us into admin so we can stop the current owners fleecing money out of the club, w@nkers

Thing is there are several winding up orders that are effectivly being heard at the same time so if the HMRC one is delay because of an appeal over the tax law it will not stop the other(s) as they are just for monies owning.

Pretty crap player i thought. He did nothing special last time he was there and can see it being the same this time. He is possibly the new Sick note having failed medicals at lots of clubs with most recently Inter last month or so.

He has had a few good games, but has played a lot of bad ones too.

Right now they need a player who will be consistent and help make them more solid. I don't think he will do that, if he get's even the slightest knock he will be out for ages again. If he passes his medical i would be very surprised.

no news of that on The Quay on the way home and they usually know these things before anyone else. Dindane has gone back to Pompey though. They've also sold out te Derby game. Who was it on here that tried to tell me they wouldn't?

No, they failed to lodge an appeal and the case is to be heard on the 10th as planned.

The EPL couldn't put you into admin though could they as you don't owe them?

just a thought, did the skates pay up front for the 4100 FA cup tickets or do they have a big pile of cash that needs to be divvied up between us? Mind you it probably doesn't matter as we will owe them for the 40% of the remaining 28,000.

No, they failed to lodge an appeal and the case is to be heard on the 10th as planned.

The EPL couldn't put you into admin though could they as you don't owe them?

posted elsewhere but sure I heard Storrie saying yesterday they had lodged an appeal and the process would be delayed. Struggling to find link so not sure if it was on sky/radio - but sure I didn't dream it!

Wigan - victor moses

West Ham - Benni McCarthy, Mido

Bolton - Jack Wilshire

Burnley - Nugent and Jack Cork

Hull - Zaki

skates......

They should be able to catch up no problem!

Pompey still have a squad that should pick up more than 6 points than at least of 3 teams in that list. I think they have Wolves and Hull home and Bolton Burnley away. I have maintained all along they will stay up...unless they go pop or admin calls.