Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Missing items from Storrie's dictionary -

Transfer window - a window in which normal clubs do transfers, a useful tool for those who need to sell.

Criminal - someone who launders arms money, steals from transfer deals, and trades insolvent whilst simultaneously trousering cash.

Debt repayment - a scheme that allows you to address debts, favoured by people who want to stay out of prison.

Friend – someone who preferably doesn’t maim children with landmines and isn’t wanted for selling arms illegally to African dictatorships.

Liar - someone who misleads fans, spins untruth through the media, misleads the taxman, treats the court system with disdain.

Tanya - prison slang for someone who could put you behind bars if she gets offered a deal.

Scary – a Russian mafia debt collector firebombing your car at 2am as a warning.

Not scary – someone waving a tenner at you.

Inevitable - an event that cannot be avoided however much you pretend that everything is fine.

Poker – a game of chance where people with nothing in their hand try and bluff their way to make money, also a type of massage performed on industrial estates, mainly by lonely truckers.

Ford - a struggling car giant, also a cushy holiday resort in West Sussex for low risk convicts, and people who had nothing in their hands, see poker.

Liquidation – an unfortunate by-product of a land deal that should set you up for life.

Ethics – the county where Harry buried the bodies after the West Ham blag.

Check out the league pyramid and sing along to that familiar tune –

'They’re on the way to Zamaretto!'

LOL, quality as always, rallyboy!:D

I was prepared to listen to this with an open mind but sadly, most of the fans came across as simpletons - "It`s all the PL`s fault!", "We don`t owe as much as West Ham or Man U", "We`re a more attractive proposition than West Ham"" etc, etc. At least a couple of panelists told it like it is. Loved the Mike Channon rumour!

i hope lifelongsaint and helpmerhonda have pulled together a rescue package, i'm surprised he hasn't popped up yet tbf.

Rumour has it that he phoned the club with a genuine buyer with enough cash to rebuild the entire infrastructure of the club.

Unfortunately they mistook him for the photocopier salesman that they owed money to and refused to take the call

:D

"Portsmouth is the only city in the country where you can feel proud about wearing your colours,no-one wears the colours of any other club,it's a real working mans city"

I think that was W******d on the forum a moment ago.

No, it was Terry the guy who refurbished their dressing rooms and lounge etc pre-season............and still hasn't been paid even tho' he did at almost cost price.

Pretty certain TCWTB wasn't there or we would have heard his effing bell....!!

Poor Steve Claridge - constantly reiterating the harsh truths to a frothy-mouthed group of simpletons who just couldn't figure who to point the blame at.

"It's Storrie!"

"Nope, definitely the Premier Leagues fault"

"It's a media conspiracy!"

"We're a better proposition that WHU! And we don't have as much debt as them, Man United etc"

Poor Steve Claridge, constantly having to explain and re-explain the harsh realities whilst several human shaped ostriches thrust their heads into Southsea's pebbled, windswept beach, pretending not to hear him.

Like I said above, if AFC Portsmouth is an eventuality out of all this then Steve Claridge would be an ideal man in some kind of role at the club. Genuine, articulate and painstakingly honest - he'd definitely be a welcome change to the current setup of crooks they've got now. In fact, he'd be a massive improvement on the current lot.

So is administration still an option for them then? The BBC panel seem to think so.

Well yes, but they can't now place themselves into it, it's now a court issue. On the point of administration, missed by most of the do good media, HMRC has bought the winding up order, and they would be right at the bottom of the food chain, if admin was granted. Hence, one of the reasons why they are going for broke..........a lesson to the F.A methinks.

Where does the Channon rumour come from ?

It didn't come from me....

B@stards, I was starting to feel sorry for them earlier.

'He's one of ours'

One of yours MY AR$E....

Well done Tony Husband for putting them right.

On a side note, they are quite dim aren't they?

'We're a better option than Newcastle - Ashley wants £100M on top of their £100M debts'

Fook me, I wish you'd show more nous about your own club's debts first....

Scary – a Russian mafia debt collector firebombing your car at 2am as a warning.

Or an Israeli/Russian debt collector masquerading as "interim financial manager" who is not a Director, honest, who suddenly appears, appointed by your latest "owner" (and, like a turd stuck to your shoe, won't go away).

How would you have felt, if you were Storrie in Court, with Dan smiling at you every time you caught his eye?:(

Just a cynical observation....

If it was 'so' simple to arrange a deferment on those payments to agents...why was it not done months ago?

Actually...was this not done months ago????? I'm sure that the payments to those two agents have been mentioned before......

Oh yes...we've been told all this in October...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/03/portsmouth-cash-crisis-peter-storrie

Edited by Channon's Sideburns

I enjoyed that show.

As I said at the time I started to feel sorry for Terry the Builder until he decided to bring "The Class War" card into play.

The amazing thing is that when we went into admin we were split as fans into many sub-factions, not just pro or anti's but also pro - anti happy clappy's.

The fact was however that just about every single fan understood that we were in trouble, took time to understand what had happened and why and that even young KIDS were able to grasp the nettle and make things like protest marches happen.

(Hell even I still try and take some credit for Portaloo becoming resigned only a few hours after my letter to the Echo was published.)

The fact is we understood and we debated and heck even our wives, girlfriends, mums and grannies knew the score.

What's more, even though we still cannot really agree on who was to blame, we all know one thing - It happened in OUR Boardroom and it was the fault of officiers of OUR club.

But to listen to the few tonight, especially that bloke on "we're a better deal than West Ham - (I bet he was the Dad of the kid photographed jumping up and down on the thin ice) - I just have to for the VERY first time make one simple statement

I think that they have got the club they deserved.

Hope they get out of it with a 25 point penalty next season, but it seems less likely.

Ford Open Prison for Storrie teller? No, that's way too good for him, think PES's post from earlier today showed what he really deserves for what he did to the fans.

Shame (most of them) didn't have the wits to see it

A pilot has deliberately crashed a plane into tax offices in Texas, U.S.A.

Portsmouth F.C have just released a statement naming him as their number 1 transfer target.

are you sure he's not the new owner. PES said to look to the skies.

One thing just struck me that was said at the end of the 5live forum. And that was that there was likely to be another adjournment on the 1st March.

Can anyone think why it would be adjourned again, surely the evidence is there now?

Can't see it. The same 'expert' was talking about Admin as a next step.

Wake up Poopey...you can't do it yourselves!!! Someone (creditor) has to ask the courts......

Can't see it. The same 'expert' was talking about Admin as a next step.

Wake up Poopey...you can't do it yourselves!!! Someone (creditor) has to ask the courts......

Thats easily solved get some fake person to do a job for £750 but say its £1500 as only £750 is paid they agree to file for admin. Sorted.

Can't help but think that Pompey are fully aware that the PL and FIFA won't allow them to trade outside of the window,and they are in fact using the story just to distract attention from a takeover currently going through.

Hope i'm wrong,just a funny feeling i've got.

And if you need reassurance that FIFA will do the decent thing, and that right will prevail, I've just seen that they have rejected Togo's appeal against the ban on competing in competitions for failing to fulfill their fixtures in the recent African Cup of Bad Timing, lodged on the spurious grounds that most of their squad were machine-gunned by terrorists while crossing the border into Angola.

Pompey's request for relaxation of the rules is far more compelling.

Isn't it?

Edited by hutch
spelling, or a fetish for Latin

Can't help but think that Pompey are fully aware that the PL and FIFA won't allow them to trade outside of the window,and they are in fact using the story just to distract attention from a takeover currently going through.

Hope i'm wrong,just a funny feeling i've got.

Why would they want to do that? A takeover would be a good news story for them, where as asking to be allowed to trade reeks of them being in sheer desparation knowing they will be liquidated in a couple of weeks.

Transfer window - a window in which normal clubs do transfers, a useful tool for those who need to sell.

Criminal - someone who launders arms money, steals from transfer deals, and trades insolvent whilst simultaneously trousering cash.

Debt repayment - a scheme that allows you to address debts, favoured by people who want to stay out of prison.

Friend – someone who preferably doesn’t maim children with landmines and isn’t wanted for selling arms illegally to African dictatorships.

Liar - someone who misleads fans, spins untruth through the media, misleads the taxman, treats the court system with disdain.

Tanya - prison slang for someone who could put you behind bars if she gets offered a deal.

Not scary – someone waving a tenner at you.

Inevitable - an event that cannot be avoided however much you pretend that everything is fine.

Poker – a game of chance where people with nothing in their hand try and bluff their way to make money, also a type of massage performed on industrial estates, mainly by lonely truckers.

Ford - a struggling car giant, also a cushy holiday resort in West Sussex for low risk convicts, and people who had nothing in their hands, see poker.

Liquidation – an unfortunate by-product of a land deal that should set you up for life.

Ethics – the county where Harry buried the bodies after the West Ham blag.

total lollage :D

A new facebook group.....I laughed;)

Make Fratton Park into a TESCO, every little helps

Haha

There's two other groups as well...

Fratton Park would make a great Ikea

or

Make Fratton Park into a lidl because ther worthless

(You would think if you're going to make a group then at least learn to spell correctly)

Why would they want to do that? A takeover would be a good news story for them, where as asking to be allowed to trade reeks of them being in sheer desparation knowing they will be liquidated in a couple of weeks.

I dunno,theres just something fishy (excuse the pun) about the whole thing. Why would they hand over the SOA which you can bet your ass they glossed over to make it sound like they were solvent and still have enough income to survive with parachute payments etc like the guy on SSN yesterday was suggesting, and then the next day come out with an outrageous plea to FIFA to break the laws of the game which suggests they really haven't got a pot to **** in.

And I remember the anticipation waiting to get to the 1,000th, and 5,000th and 10,000th post. And fair play to FF, it's still a "Pompey Takeover Thread".

7 months later, and we're still waiting for the "takeover".and in the language of this thread, "see what I've done there".

I dunno,theres just something fishy (excuse the pun) about the whole thing. Why would they hand over the SOA which you can bet your ass they glossed over to make it sound like they were solvent and still have enough income to survive with parachute payments etc like the guy on SSN yesterday was suggesting, and then the next day come out with an outrageous plea to FIFA to break the laws of the game which suggests they really haven't got a pot to **** in.

Guess they are weighing up all opportunities open to them, straws and clutching come to mind

''You can’t put the equivalent with Pompey against Man United, even West Ham, you can’t even equate West Ham to Pompey. West Ham have 35 thousand people, they have a stadium that caters for it, a training academy and an infrastructure to their club. This club (Pompey) spend 60 million and you’re not back to square one, you’re talking about a new ground, your talking about a club that trains in Southampton! We haven’t got a training ground, we haven’t got a football club, we haven’t got a ground. There is nothing, and I’m sorry I am being a realist, I’m not being negative. There is nothing this football club has to offer. Unless you are you, you, you, you, you or you and you’re a fan and you love this club. Because for anyone outside of that, this is not a realistic buying opportunity and I’m sorry.''.

I think that is pretty much what Claridge said for anyone interested...

Have to agree. They do seem to be hanging on. I think if they survive till the end of the season they'll be in line for more money with the overseas deal going through.

A real Sh1t or bust situation.

A crueller man than us might point out it's both. They are sh1t and they are probably going bust.

One thing just struck me that was said at the end of the 5live forum. And that was that there was likely to be another adjournment on the 1st March.

Can anyone think why it would be adjourned again, surely the evidence is there now?

I cannot see any reason why.

The high court judge is reviewing the report, and that report only and will make a final decision based on (in theory) the full extent of their financial situation as it stands now.

I enjoyed that show.

As I said at the time I started to feel sorry for Terry the Builder until he decided to bring "The Class War" card into play.

The amazing thing is that when we went into admin we were split as fans into many sub-factions, not just pro or anti's but also pro - anti happy clappy's.

The fact was however that just about every single fan understood that we were in trouble, took time to understand what had happened and why and that even young KIDS were able to grasp the nettle and make things like protest marches happen.

(Hell even I still try and take some credit for Portaloo becoming resigned only a few hours after my letter to the Echo was published.)

The fact is we understood and we debated and heck even our wives, girlfriends, mums and grannies knew the score.

What's more, even though we still cannot really agree on who was to blame, we all know one thing - It happened in OUR Boardroom and it was the fault of officiers of OUR club.

But to listen to the few tonight, especially that bloke on "we're a better deal than West Ham - (I bet he was the Dad of the kid photographed jumping up and down on the thin ice) - I just have to for the VERY first time make one simple statement

I think that they have got the club they deserved.

Hope they get out of it with a 25 point penalty next season, but it seems less likely.

Ford Open Prison for Storrie teller? No, that's way too good for him, think PES's post from earlier today showed what he really deserves for what he did to the fans.

Shame (most of them) didn't have the wits to see it

Rubbish. The majority of you lot on here were slating the Football League for imposing your 10 point penalty, and bleating on about how SHL and SFC were two separate companies for weeks after everyone else had realised that the game was up, and that they were clearly one and the same entity.

Jeez, even SHL's official website just happend to be 'saintsfc.co.uk' for christs sake, yet oh no, the FL were out to get you big time.

Also, at least half of posters on here were shatting themselves over administration right up until it became clear that it was by far your best option to get new owners to start sniffing around. Yet now you tell it like you all knew from day one it was the best thing that could happen, so bring it on! Buuuull****!

Now you slate the couple of our fans (and it was only two) who lash out at the PL, one of whom has obviously lost a shedload of money. Who wouldn't lash out in circumstances like that? I agree that Claridge has it pretty much spot on in that what we were doing was only sustainable until Gaydamak pulled the plug, and yes the infrastructure is almost non-existant at Pompey, which makes it a much harder sell than West Ham or Newcastle.

There are a few of you on here who are genuinely interested in the game and a bit of light banter. Sadly, many of you seem to live in some bitter and twisted little fantasyland where everyone within the SO postcode has a masters degree and matching Tefal-head, and anyone wearing the star and crescent is some sort of care in the community windowlicker.

Say what you like on your own board I suppose, but some of you really should grow up.

Cue loads of puerile abuse......

Originally Posted by Linvoys_afro

I've heard that the potential takeover could be from a South African consortium backed by Greg James, the Chief Executive of Central Rand Gold. No idea if that's a rumour based on facts, or just a rumour of what's going to be in The Guardian (if that makes sense). He's been involved with us before.

Say what you like on your own board I suppose, but some of you really should grow up.

Cue loads of puerile abuse......

I feel sorry for you actually, the fact that a city can lose its football club because of middle eastern gangsters is shocking and the premier league have a lot of answering to do. I hope this exposes them a little bit and they start sorting their rules out!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})