Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

"Portsmouth is the only city in the country where you can feel proud about wearing your colours,no-one wears the colours of any other club,it's a real working mans city"

I think that was W******d on the forum a moment ago.

that's funny has their are plenty of saints fans around that area along with chelsea,manutd,arsenal but they would be attacked by the knucle dragging blue few for wearing their colours.

Everyone is defering payments to help PFC!!.......

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=743592&sec=england&cc=5739

Hmm. As I pondered earlier in this thread, all of the debt charge holders were likely to re-schedule the debt repayment ahead of the SoA.

So the question is now whether they can get enough operating capital together to survive, if the massive debt is now deferred.

On the principle that things are very bleak for the major creditors if they are insolvent, I wonder what manipulation of the figures they could carry out.

Perhaps the debt charge holders could produce documentation that shows delayed or re-scheduled repayment of the loans.

After all if Chainrai and Gaydamak's debts are shown as falling due and can't be cleared then they're insolvent. So if your Chainrai or Gaydamal you'd probably say that the debts have been renegotiated or you get nothing. (unless your objective was the land all along).

Chainrai may even state that he is committed to loaning the company more operating cash to meet wages for the rest of the season. Perhaps for the purposes of the audit he may even arrange a line of additional credit for them.

Of course the one debt they can't manipulate is the HMRC, and if they can't show that they can clear that, then that's what will surely kill them.

The short piece on the FAPPT was interesting. Still obsessed with whether the "owner" has a criminal record or not. Wake up. The "owner" is a secret Company registered in the British Virgin Islands. Who is the beneficial owner of that (or any other) secret Company registered offshore? They could put Prince Charles forward to take the FAPPT.

but they can sell players thats not banned anyway, what is banned is the other club being able to register them, and off course the two team rule,

can't see Blatter giving in unless someone challenged it as a restraint of trade, but it is a members club so who knows.

no one player is worth enough, no real deals were done in the PL in the last window, and who is honestly looking to buy any of their players now?

money would be in installments as well so means having to sell more players, in conflict with them signing more players on since the window closed

they have all but admitted they do not have the income to survive and their need is now so unlikely to survive to the next window, if thats not insolvent then there must be another definition

Hmm. As I pondered earlier in this thread, all of the debt charge holders were likely to re-schedule the debt repayment ahead of the SoA.

So the question is now whether they can get enough operating capital together to survive, if the massive debt is now deferred.

Although not strictly debt charge holders, but HMRC aren't going to reschedule. That's £12m + due and payable immediately.

Hmmm, if the 'football creditors' debt can be deferred and Chainrai and Gaydamak accept a renegotiation of their debts, all that is left is... HMRC? And so, thats what I think they are banking on, I assume - the hope that HMRC will look at their current circumstances and think 'oh well, everyone else seems happy enough...'

F()cking disgusting....

One Skate: Premier League to blame, the Premier League should take on the debt!!!

Who is the bloke hitting the nails on the head about people at the club needing to take responsibility.

Sacha wanted to sell "in a hurry" shame they hadn't read this thread or they'd have known why

Is it Steve Claridge by any chance?

Edited by dubai_phil

Lol this bloke is an idiot. 'Approved by the Premier league as a billionaire'. He complains about all this stuff Pompey have done to local businesses and then says it's the PL's fault! He also sounds more like a Southampton lad than mockney Portsmouth.

Join the back of the queue :D

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})