Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I think what David Gold said in that report

" if this measure is being considered simply as a means of helping Portsmouth to avoid administration then I wouldn't support it at all. I don't have sympathy for a badly run club that faces administration. We're in a league that operates on survival of the fittest. Nobody offered to help Crystal Palace recently or so many others over the years in this way to stay out of administration"

Which is spot on.

They are trying to avoid going into admin because each of them will lose everything. The owner loses his money, Storrie loses his high paid job and having that on your CV is not going to be good.

We went into admin and took it like men. Lowe tried to get the whole -10 thing removed by saying the two companies were seperate but 99% of people knew it was ******** and knew we deserved it. You had a few saying he had done right but deep down i bet even that 1% knew we should be punished.

It is the total opposite with Pompey and from what i have read their fans don't think they deserve it either.

Me personally i would love to see Fifa grant Pompey this rule because the fallout from it will be very exciting to watch. Our leagues have needed something to curb the stupid level of money we have seen in both player wages and signing fees all the way to ticket prices. Maybe this will send the game back into the land of reality?

A kiwi victor cattermole according to the Grauniad. Clocking up more miles than Phileas Fogg. Another case of desperately over-committing and desperately under-delivering? his various sites -endeavor plan, national networker- spout some wacko jacko boll*cks: "If the shallow end is going to be over your head, you may as well jump in the deep end and go for it." Yeh, go for it....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/19/portsmouth-ownership-victor-cattermole

Jeez even the most modest digging about Pompey's saviour shows he is just another waster without a pot to **** in. Already had a run in with NZ regulator about a dodgy investment scheme. "If the shallow end is going to be over your head, you may as well jump in the deep end and go for it." That'll be perfect for Pompey.

http://www.thenationalnetworker.com/bios/bio_victorcattermole.shtml

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/victor/cattermole/

http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article/976488236/endeavour-ignores-securities-commission.html

http://www.endeavorplan.com/

Edited by buctootim

A kiwi victor cattermole according to the Grauniad. Clocking up more miles than Phileas Fogg. Another case of desperately over-committing and desperately under-delivering? his various sites -endeavor plan, national networker- spout some wacko jacko boll*cks: "If the shallow end is going to be over your head, you may as well jump in the deep end and go for it." Yeh, go for it....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/19/portsmouth-ownership-victor-cattermole

If this is their saviour then they're well and truely stuffed.

Jeez even the most modest digging about Pompey's saviour shows he is just another waster without a pot to **** in. Already had a run in with NZ regulator about a dodgy investment scheme. "If the shallow end is going to be over your head, you may as well jump in the deep end and go for it." That'll be perfect for Pompey.

http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article/976488236/endeavour-ignores-securities-commission.html

Company registered, you'll never guess? Wait for it........ registered in the British Virgin Island

Much of what you say is true.

My Mum and Dad live in Gosport. A few weeks ago I nipped out to a local takeaway while visiting them and it was full of Portsmouth fans wearing various bits of training kit. I realised then that a lot of "normal" people would lose something very important to them if your club goes under. On a human level, I felt for them and their club. I hoped you'd survive.

Last week your team knocked my team out of the FA Cup with a side that you can't afford to pay. That really grates with me. It's cheating. I feel cheated.

I left the ground proud at the way our 3rd tier team performed and any desire to see you survive was removed. I don't want you to "not exist", there's no bitterness, no twistedness, I just no longer care if you do.

And whilst its true to say that many on here were lobbying for the -10 points to be taken away on a technicality, most realised that it was fair that we were penalised as we had transgressed. At the time we just had trouble dealing with the consequences of the penalty and were desperate to find any way out and anyone to blame (ring any bells?).

When your fan base comes to terms with the fact that your club has transgressed and when the dust has settled then I hope they lay most of the blame in the board room at PCFC Ltd and away from the Premier League. But I also hope they keep a little bit of the blame back for themselves because one key difference between your plight and ours is that many of us were asking questions about the various regimes' stewardship of our club long before we went bang.

I'm sure on reflection you too will come to realise that the book should be thrown at you. Just as it was thrown at us - although it might just be that your book is little heavier than ours was.

+ 1

http://www.sec-com.govt.nz/new/releases/2003/260303.shtml

26 March 2003

News Release WARNING - WEBSITE SCHEME - http://WWW.ENDEAVORPLAN.COM

The Securities Commission has banned advertising for an investment scheme which appears on the web site http://www.endeavorplan.com. This web site appears to be administered by a company in the West Indies called Endeavor Portfolio Corporation Limited. The web site also states that its founder is Mr. Victor Cattermole. We understand that Mr. Cattermole is a New Zealander and resides in Wellington.

The scheme invites the public to contribute funds by way of credit card. It is said that these funds are then invested in a British Virgin Islands fund called CSA Absolute Return Fund Limited. This is done through a Hong Kong company. The scheme offers commissions to investors who introduce other investors.

The Commission banned advertising for the scheme because it does not comply with the law. To be offered in New Zealand the scheme must have a registered prospectus and an investment statement. These documents are not available.

The Commission warns people about committing any money to the scheme. The Commission warns people generally about investment schemes that they find on the Internet. Investments promoted on the Internet must still comply with New Zealand law.

Norman F. Miller

Director of Enforcement :D

Think about it

If the club were "about to be takenover" why would they be asking the PL to let them sell players now or give them money now they would be owed in a year or so? If they had someone "imminently" about to buy the club then why would they need to do that?

Either

1. The new owner/consortium is just a group of people/person with no money and that will change nothing, again.

or

2. There are no potential new owners and they are nowhere near being taken over because nobody is interested.

Or they are hedging their bets.

I still have a nasty feeling that the registrar will partially believe pompeys additional info that they put with the Vantis report. :(

I also wonder if she will bottle it again and give them more time "just to make sure" that pompey do have a saviour. :mad:

I don't of course have any proof whatsoever just a feeling, a bad feeling that is.

Just read that David Gold offered to lend them 10 million :D

Probably knows that is against the rules but did it to make himself look good and of course get in a paper again.:D

IMHO he appears to be an attention seeking person just like that karen brady :D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2860028/Gold-Ill-lend-Pompey-10m.html

Rubbish. The majority of you lot on here were slating the Football League for imposing your 10 point penalty, and bleating on about how SHL and SFC were two separate companies for weeks after everyone else had realised that the game was up, and that they were clearly one and the same entity.

Jeez, even SHL's official website just happend to be 'saintsfc.co.uk' for christs sake, yet oh no, the FL were out to get you big time.

Also, at least half of posters on here were shatting themselves over administration right up until it became clear that it was by far your best option to get new owners to start sniffing around. Yet now you tell it like you all knew from day one it was the best thing that could happen, so bring it on! Buuuull****!

Now you slate the couple of our fans (and it was only two) who lash out at the PL, one of whom has obviously lost a shedload of money. Who wouldn't lash out in circumstances like that? I agree that Claridge has it pretty much spot on in that what we were doing was only sustainable until Gaydamak pulled the plug, and yes the infrastructure is almost non-existant at Pompey, which makes it a much harder sell than West Ham or Newcastle.

There are a few of you on here who are genuinely interested in the game and a bit of light banter. Sadly, many of you seem to live in some bitter and twisted little fantasyland where everyone within the SO postcode has a masters degree and matching Tefal-head, and anyone wearing the star and crescent is some sort of care in the community windowlicker.

Say what you like on your own board I suppose, but some of you really should grow up.

Cue loads of puerile abuse......

Wow, thanks for proving my point so eloquently.

Shame you totally mamanged to miss the point about the fundamental DIFFERENCE between the two situations.

You lot have spent your time looking for someone to BLAME.

We spent our time MOANING, but still trying to do something - protests, boycotts and debate (although the debates were often toxic)

As for the Holding Company - West Ham's holding company were in Admin for much of this season - how come in your quest for blame you haven't tried to mount a campaign to have them given the same punishment as Southampton?

It was nothing to do with people having MBA's (More Bloody Arrogant) it was the fact that WE blamed the people responsible for their actions.

We did not go around ignoring the culprits (by singing there's only One Rupert Lowe) and we DIDN'T go around blaming - the FA, the FL, FIFA, The Media.

Your Board, and your fans SLEEPWALKED into this mess. The PROOF - you could have sold players two weeks ago and NOW you are begging to be helped. You should be stringing your Board up from the stands for utter incompetence WTF were they thinking of should have been the #1 comment at that forum, NOT "It's a media conspiracy".

Your Board's solution has been "It wasn't me" "I didn't Do it", this regulation doesn't apply to me. That is kindergarten stuff, way before college level, and THAT is why you are not getting much symapthy.

Puerile abuse isn't needed, just go to specsavers and READ before Ranting next time.

http://www.sec-com.govt.nz/new/releases/2003/260303.shtml

26 March 2003

News Release WARNING - WEBSITE SCHEME - WWW.ENDEAVORPLAN.COM

The Securities Commission has banned advertising for an investment scheme which appears on the web site www.endeavorplan.com. This web site appears to be administered by a company in the West Indies called Endeavor Portfolio Corporation Limited. The web site also states that its founder is Mr. Victor Cattermole. We understand that Mr. Cattermole is a New Zealander and resides in Wellington.

The scheme invites the public to contribute funds by way of credit card. It is said that these funds are then invested in a British Virgin Islands fund called CSA Absolute Return Fund Limited. This is done through a Hong Kong company. The scheme offers commissions to investors who introduce other investors.

The Commission banned advertising for the scheme because it does not comply with the law. To be offered in New Zealand the scheme must have a registered prospectus and an investment statement. These documents are not available.

The Commission warns people about committing any money to the scheme. The Commission warns people generally about investment schemes that they find on the Internet. Investments promoted on the Internet must still comply with New Zealand law.

Norman F. Miller

Director of Enforcement :D

Ah that's good news for the few then.

Victor will clearly have no problem passing the FAPL's FAPPT, fits right in

Meanwhile the Guardian Story

Has some interesting points

1)

The Guardian

It is understood that Endeavor has said that, should any buy-out be successful, the company is confident of clearing all debts to Portsmouth's creditors within a year. It is also thought that Endeavor's interest in buying was included in the statement of affairs lodged with the high court on Wednesday, before Her Majesty's Revenue and Custom's winding-up petition, which will be heard on 1 March. The hearing is for £12.1m in VAT, PAYE and National Insurance, though the club are disputing a sum of £7.1m in VAT.

That's a relief then - their plan is exactly the same one that Storrie has been working on all season - just survive and use NEXT years' money to pay off debts.

Not a hint of NEW investment, just MORE talk of doing a deal with Chanrai & Gaydamak.

Oh and good to see it has nothing to do with anyone involved in Property Development... oh

then 2)

The Guardian

Fahim, meanwhile, has been advised by his legal team to resign as a director and Portsmouth's non-executive ­chairman to avoid any potential case against him, should the club have legal difficulties.

A source close to the businessman also told the Guardian that the 32-year-old has began an action against a journalist for the National, a United Arab Emirates newspaper which two days ago published the claim that an arrest warrant had been issued for Fahim regarding a £1.4m debt.

The source claimed: "Sulaiman's lawyers are asking him to resign as a director and chairman due to the lack of financial information he has received. They also feel the club is being run while insolvent.

"They want him to resign to avoid any potential legal case against him as a director, especially as Sulaiman has not attended one board meeting since he sold 90% of his shares to Ali al-Faraj [in October

So Fahim's lawyers believe the company is insolvent and his lawyers are getting his potential second legal defence into the Public Domain.

And 3)

The Guardian

Portsmouth declined to comment on Cattermole's interest or Fahim's potential resignation. There is, though, a view on the south coast that as owner for 43 days Fahim may bear some responsibility for the club's current situation.

ORLY? Finally. Well done it's only taken them since May.

Still as my spat with pfc points out, it is GOOD that there is now some focus on the real culprits rather than blaming the authorities.

Oh, and just one tiny little minor teensy weensy little point.

Due Dilligence.

It is a TWO WAY process. The buyer uses it to "Caveat Empor" (which SBT didn't do)

BUT the Officers of a business ALSO are supposed to use it to ensure that a takeover is in the Interests of the Business. Professional company Directors would examine all the facts before making a recommendation to shareholders as to the benefits to a business & shareholders of a new owner.

ie STORRIE TELLER should be doing Due Dilligence NOW on Victor Cattermole, not just the other way around.

And IF SBT is to blame then so are the Company Directors who have a duty to ensure that the business is not sold to a clown prince.

Things looking up for Pompey? First the story abou the South Africans and now this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rivals-cry-foul-as-pompey-win-right-to-hold-fire-sale-1904100.html

"Fifa last night gave permission to Portsmouth to take the unprecedented step of selling off their players immediately, outside the regulation transfer window, in order to save the club from extinction."

Incredible if true.:rolleyes:

I'd be surprised if they allow it.If they do then it is poorly thought out and outrageous.

For every player sold,another club - possibly in a different league in another country - obtains an unfair advantage of buying players outside the transfer window.This could lead to appeals etc all over the place.

Just read that David Gold offered to lend them 10 million :D

Probably knows that is against the rules but did it to make himself look good and of course get in a paper again.:D

IMHO he appears to be an attention seeking person just like that karen brady :D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2860028/Gold-Ill-lend-Pompey-10m.html

Not really Gold interest is purely in saving the 4 points he has versus us. If we go out of business West Ham are in more trouble

As does Greg James:

"Almost unbelievably, James has said in numerous interviews that CRG will be a million ounce producer from these projects from 2012."

Everybody knows that if you want to get seriously rich, all you have to do is go round buying up the crap that the previous owners (of the mines), who really are seriously rich, left behind, in case they accidentally left any "nuggets" undiscovered.

Don't they?

"Mrs. Registrar Derrett, there is absolutely no point in this case proceeding any further, because the Statement of Affairs provided by Portsmouth City Football Club Limited categorically and unequivocally states that the Company will be able to meet all of it's debts as soon as the new owner, from a South African Company with the sexy word "gold" in it's name, finds some leftover gold which nobody else found in the past 150 years, some time after 2012."

"OK then. Case dismissed."

Key bit the guardian article to me is:

Cattermole's claim that Portsmouth could be free of their financial problems within a year may depend on him being able to reach agreements with the club's creditors. Sacha Gaydamak, the former owner who sold to Sulaiman al-Fahim last August, is owed around £30.5m, while Chainrai is due at least £17m.

So basically he does not have 60+ million and can only do it if both Gady and Chainrai agree to take major cuts in what they are owed (if they just rescheduled the debts it would not make them debt free would it).

Why do so many of the news agencies persist with the idea of administration? I thought that was really no longer an option due to the total lack of assets to sell.

Also its not going before a registrar now, its going before a Judge who I'm sure will not let any emotion sway him/her in this, it will purely be about numbers.

Gutted they have the extra 10 days but it does mean 10 more days of the thread :D.

Oh and the book Should be called

Schadenfreude :D

Ah ha, following the comments from Claridge last night, and zillions of hours of Forensic & Detective work by the serious dudes acting as on the spot reporters and a very low cost translator we believe we have now come to the crux of the matter.

Some time in 2008

ring ring...

Priveat Pop

Priveat Sasha, I have a problem and I need your help.

Sure Pop, what's up?

I have many troubles but I need urgently $50million in cash.

Why of course pop. I will get it for you, do you need a guarantee for a loan?

No son I really need the cash.

OK, if I sell that football club I can get back about $45mil in money they owe me, the rest should be easy.

You can do that son? I'll only need it for about a year and then you can have it back with interest, but if I don't get it then the family could be in big trouble.

Done, I know an Arab Billionaire - he bought Man City so should be sorted in a couple of days.

Which is why, at every turn, the Directors at the club have got it wrong.

Blood is thicker than Community Spirit, History and prestige. It matters not whether Pop owned the club, it mattered that he needed help from his family.

Which is again why these latest rescheduling and doing a deal on the debt ideas will not work.

Want to save the club? Find a way to give Sasha his money back, securitise the debt, guarantee a loan, but you won't negotiate it.

My thanks to a few mates from that part of the world for making it all so crystal clear

Edited by dubai_phil

Why do so many of the news agencies persist with the idea of administration? I thought that was really no longer an option due to the total lack of assets to sell.

I suspect because they find it hard to believe that pompey could be liquidated and as many other clubs have gone into administration they assume the same could happen for pompey. Plus to be fair even the expert on the panel yesterday implied admin was a possible option. I think the main problem is that administrators are used to working with companies where there is a steady income and steady outgoings and can try to reduce the latter to be under the former but pompeys income stream is anything but regular and any admin taking over is going to see little in the way of millions coming in for several months but a need for millions to go out a lot sooner.

Haha

There's two other groups as well...

Fratton Park would make a great Ikea

or

Make Fratton Park into a lidl because ther worthless

(You would think if you're going to make a group then at least learn to spell correctly)

Best not be more than two letters then...QD?

Bit of a misuse of th acronym for quality but spellable & possibly write-able with another generation of evolution & less fingers:D

Oh dear.

Endeavor Plan is the entity that the Guardian believes was named as a interested party in documents to the High Court.

This from Victor's LinkedIn profile...

Endeavor Plan is a global network of members. It is totally affiliate program based and the future plans are to JV or run business models through the network in a way to create a win – win – win scenario. Each member joining receives their own personalised US$, Euro and EPtrade$ account, which enables them to trade globally.

Endeavor Plan Group Limited is the main marketing and holding company behind the Endeavor Plan. The Endeavor Plan is a vehicle which enables the marketing and promotion to a global network of members which will in 2008 / 9 exceed 10 million.

The Endeavor Plan model will include such business vehicles as Barter Trade, Investments, Jewelry, Health Care products just to name a few.

Apart from being some of the most impenetrable marketing speak I've seen in a long while, it appears that it could be a pyramid or networked marketing scheme.

Ponzi to buy PFC?

Rubbish. The majority of you lot on here were slating the Football League for imposing your 10 point penalty, and bleating on about how SHL and SFC were two separate companies for weeks after everyone else had realised that the game was up, and that they were clearly one and the same entity.

Jeez, even SHL's official website just happend to be 'saintsfc.co.uk' for christs sake, yet oh no, the FL were out to get you big time.

Also, at least half of posters on here were shatting themselves over administration right up until it became clear that it was by far your best option to get new owners to start sniffing around. Yet now you tell it like you all knew from day one it was the best thing that could happen, so bring it on! Buuuull****!

Now you slate the couple of our fans (and it was only two) who lash out at the PL, one of whom has obviously lost a shedload of money. Who wouldn't lash out in circumstances like that? I agree that Claridge has it pretty much spot on in that what we were doing was only sustainable until Gaydamak pulled the plug, and yes the infrastructure is almost non-existant at Pompey, which makes it a much harder sell than West Ham or Newcastle.

There are a few of you on here who are genuinely interested in the game and a bit of light banter. Sadly, many of you seem to live in some bitter and twisted little fantasyland where everyone within the SO postcode has a masters degree and matching Tefal-head, and anyone wearing the star and crescent is some sort of care in the community windowlicker.

Say what you like on your own board I suppose, but some of you really should grow up.

You're pretty much right about a lot of our circumstances at the time - I know I, in common with many other posters, felt uncomfortable about the 'different company' loophole.

I didn't find this forum until we were already in deep po* but I remember being surprised at the gloating invective being hurled from the eastern side of Hampshire...not because of the content but because they had registered on a Saints forum. To me this would be like donning a codsnogger shirt...would leave me feeling unclean!

That being said are you surprised given that context that you are getting back the same...& with interest? The extra (15k & rising posts on this thread alone) is because we have a bigger fan base, a genuinely high quality of both humour & investigative comment & a stable infrastructure from which to lob back the sh*t we got from your morons...please note I don't include everyone who posts here unless it's more fun to do so - that's what sweeping generalisation is for!

If you don't like the comments you're reading (although I'm sure many have informed you far more than you could expect from any of your own sources) then can I respectfully suggest that you 'do one' back to your own?

Saintbletch has it right on the cheating issue and I think Dronski sums it up well too.

There are other threads on this forum where you see some moronic comments but this thread has evolved in the main into a cultured, investigative, satirical look at the obvious mismanagement and suicidal strategy of Portsmouth FC.

It was funny at first, it then became hilarious with twists and turns beyond our imagination.

We have a couple of favoured skates who we welcome because they contribute constructively, the arrogant gobby ones have become less frequest visitors, though they still pop up occasionally to peddle rubbish between sister-fiddling sessions.

I can't be bothered to register on the other side but when I have seen comments from links there's an impression of thumbless simpletons blindly following whatever spin they are spun.

This thread has been ahead of the game all the way, there have been conspiracy theories but also facts, the rest of the few would have done well to have someone read it to them so they could understand what has happened.

As far as 'takeover' news goes, I come here first if I want an update from anywhere in the world, shrewd media will be tracking what goes on here.

I look forward to the thread book launch and social event one day.

Much of what you say is true.

My Mum and Dad live in Gosport. A few weeks ago I nipped out to a local takeaway while visiting them and it was full of Portsmouth fans wearing various bits of training kit. I realised then that a lot of "normal" people would lose something very important to them if your club goes under. On a human level, I felt for them and their club. I hoped you'd survive.

Last week your team knocked my team out of the FA Cup with a side that you can't afford to pay. That really grates with me. It's cheating. I feel cheated.

I left the ground proud at the way our 3rd tier team performed and any desire to see you survive was removed. I don't want you to "not exist", there's no bitterness, no twistedness, I just no longer care if you do.

And whilst its true to say that many on here were lobbying for the -10 points to be taken away on a technicality, most realised that it was fair that we were penalised as we had transgressed. At the time we just had trouble dealing with the consequences of the penalty and were desperate to find any way out and anyone to blame (ring any bells?).

When your fan base comes to terms with the fact that your club has transgressed and when the dust has settled then I hope they lay most of the blame in the board room at PCFC Ltd and away from the Premier League. But I also hope they keep a little bit of the blame back for themselves because one key difference between your plight and ours is that many of us were asking questions about the various regimes' stewardship of our club long before we went bang.

I'm sure on reflection you too will come to realise that the book should be thrown at you. Just as it was thrown at us - although it might just be that your book is little heavier than ours was.

Great post.

Absolutely the best post i've read in ages, this paragraph sums it up perfectly, they won't like it, but you've hit the nail on the head. F*cking Fence Rattlers with Phd's in Business Finance and Administration. I'd rather be a Pompey Windowlicker any day. ;) :D

the same as all you lot were "experts" when we went through it!

Must say there is an incredibly small amount of info to be found online about this endeavour plan. There are listings in places such as linkedin by the man himself saying how wonderful it is and there is the bit from 7 years ago where he had a run in with the NZ authorities but besides that just about ziltch, and yet we are to assume he is in a position to both take over and clear the debts of pompey not to mention start making a profit for his investors?

Tribalfootball reckon they'll allow it also...And also the PL are to lend 11million for the tax bill on condition they take 9 point deduction now.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/portsmouth-able-sell-players-now-651951

If they are not liquidated then I wish this is true. I wish that they take next years parachute payment against guaranteed relegation.

I also wish that they are allowed to sell players now

I also wish that the different shareholders and directors progress negotiations with different schemes and companies whilst ultimately only looking to protect their own interests

A relegated bankrupt club with no players, little income, poor infrastructure and a divided ownership and boardroom in the CCC.

Can only go one way - eventually.

**** me, was that actually written by storrie teller himself, and just cut and pasted by the jouno :butthead:

I still have a strong belief that this is all talk, designed to try and intimidate the courts into letting them off the hook, for fear that all the fans will scream 'We were about to be taken over".

I still have a strong belief that this is all talk, designed to try and intimidate the courts into letting them off the hook, for fear that all the fans will scream 'We were about to be taken over".

Doubt it,

the High Court would never back down to mere speculation in a case like this in a million years.

and pompey know it, although then again. . . . . .;)

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=4548

It may be that Al-Fahim isn’t spinning a delusional fantasy on this occasion. Who is to say the Dubai Property Courts have got the story straight after a year-long investigation? Who is to disbelieve what Al-Fahim has told his friend Anil Bhoyrul? Alongside the article are links to “related stories” including “Al-Fahim – I sold Portsmouth for zero pounds.” But who is to let that undermine their confidence in the veracity and context of Fahim’s latest claims? Any jury would be asked to dismiss past Bhoyrul stories such as “UAE tycoon takes over Portsmouth FC” (27 May 2009 – three months before Al-Fahim took over Portsmouth FC), “Portsmouth FC deal will be done by July 11” (24 June 2009 – two months before any “deal” was “done”) and “Maradona will bring Villa and Eto’o to Portsmouth” (23 July 2009 – date of arrival to be advised). Whatever the truth, Al-Fahim is a bit-part actor in Portsmouth’s story. A little like Peter Trembling in the increasingly-grim Notts County tale, there are far worse protagonists than the delusional fantasist Sulaiman Al-Fahim, as Portsmouth fans have since discovered. He is but the comedy in Portsmouth’s tragedy. That, however, is a tragedy in itself.

7 months can be a long time in football LoL

Shame you totally mamanged to miss the point about the fundamental DIFFERENCE between the two situations.

You lot have spent your time looking for someone to BLAME.

We spent our time MOANING, but still trying to do something - protests, boycotts and debate (although the debates were often toxic)

As for the Holding Company - West Ham's holding company were in Admin for much of this season - how come in your quest for blame you haven't tried to mount a campaign to have them given the same punishment as Southampton?

It was nothing to do with people having MBA's (More Bloody Arrogant) it was the fact that WE blamed the people responsible for their actions.

We did not go around ignoring the culprits (by singing there's only One Rupert Lowe) and we DIDN'T go around blaming - the FA, the FL, FIFA, The Media.

Your Board, and your fans SLEEPWALKED into this mess. The PROOF - you could have sold players two weeks ago and NOW you are begging to be helped. You should be stringing your Board up from the stands for utter incompetence WTF were they thinking of should have been the #1 comment at that forum, NOT "It's a media conspiracy".

PMSL. Talk about rewriting history.

You lot "didn't blame" anyone? What a ****ing hypocrite. This board was full of various factions blaming Lowe for not investing, Wilde for overspending, Crouch for not putting his own money in etc etc etc.

You spent your time trying to do something and we haven't? What, like the Save Saints charity match that no-one bought tickets for. Or a march to the ground (hang on, who's fans have just done that as well?) Or being the first fans group to actually manage to gain a meeting with the Premier League?

As for West Ham's parent company, the slight diference there is they actually have other businesses, unlike SLH which was clearly just Southampton FC.

As for selling players two weeks ago, we tried to sell various players like Utaka, Mullins and James. No takers. We couldn't sell the ones who would bring in bigger fees for various reasons (Boateng because he's already played for two clubs this season, Belhadj because he was at the ACN).

And the reason we're laying some (not all) of the blame with the PL is because they've allowed a bunch of criminals to take our club to the brink of non - existence. If that was happening to your club would you not be saying they had some sort of duty to police whoever takes control of clubs?

Get off your ****ing pedestal for once, you smug ****.

As does Greg James:

"Almost unbelievably, James has said in numerous interviews that CRG will be a million ounce producer from these projects from 2012."

Everybody knows that if you want to get seriously rich, all you have to do is go round buying up the crap that the previous owners (of the mines), who really are seriously rich, left behind, in case they accidentally left any "nuggets" undiscovered.

Don't they?

"Mrs. Registrar Derrett, there is absolutely no point in this case proceeding any further, because the Statement of Affairs provided by Portsmouth City Football Club Limited categorically and unequivocally states that the Company will be able to meet all of it's debts as soon as the new owner, from a South African Company with the sexy word "gold" in it's name, finds some leftover gold which nobody else found in the past 150 years, some time after 2012."

"OK then. Case dismissed."

Err, isn't the only link to Greg James two years old? Or have I missed something?

Must say this bloke keeps a low profile for a 'billionair' (apparently part of the "Enlightened Billionairs" group on linkedin).

According to his profile:

Director

Fidco Global Limited

(Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Financial Services industry)

March 2008 — Present (2 years )

Fidco Global Limited is a privately held trustee company. Currently holds around six billion euro of assets under management. Expect to see that increase by another six billion euro in the 2008 / 9 year.

Wow 12 Billion euros in assets!! Yet strangely a search on "Fidco Global Limited" appears to only bring up results for his linkedin page, i.e. the only reference on the whole internet (till this post) to "Fidco Global Limited" with its billions in assets is the blokes linkedin page!

Chuckleball.

A brand new game from EA games where you can take control of PCFC and toy with the livelihoods of 600 people and a world full of adoring fans (the best fans in the world TM. ). Watch your opponents though as they may grab 'the ball' from you! Based on that old favourite, Monopoly, test your luck with the CHANCER card. Here you may find an unbeleiveably rich Sheikh to save you, or the COMMUNITY CHEST where you get to crawl to the PL and ask them to make a brand new set of rules.

It's all here folks, and remember the catchphrase as the ball is passed about

"TO ME, TO YOU!"

From the Sun:

WEST HAM chief David Gold has offered to lend Portsmouth £10million to keep them from going bust.

But the Hammers co-chairman insists the loan would have to be underwritten by the Premier League.

Gold said "If Portsmouth asked me for £10m, I would lend it to them so long as the Premier League endorsed it and I was repaid on the agreed date.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2860028/Gold-Ill-lend-Pompey-10m.html#ixzz0fySQMWI2

I think I may have spotted the flaw in this plan....

As for the 10-points most people on this board realised that ethically it was just & that we deserved it, the main arguments about it were, that the administrator & legal guys seemed to believe & lead us to believe we would have a case in law. The FL denied the prospective new owners that legal right to appeal because they wouldn't give us the golden share unless we agreed the -10 points. That was the main arguments on here whether we should have had the right to appeal?

As for S**ting ourselves about administration, your dead right, because for a long time It looked like there was no white night out there for us, & when that sky interview happened with Failka well the game really did look up at that time. But we lucked out, mainly because for not more than the amount you owe HMRC ML got himself an almost new 32,000 seat stadium, a decent training facility, and a decent fan base.

but the main argument from Dubai Phil was that we were mainly arguing about the main protagonist's involved He who shall not be mentioned, Wilde thing & Leon Crouch. Who to blame how much involvment etc!

But its taken the vast majority of your fans & fans forums until this week to start looking inwards at what's happened, the blame culture has been aimed at the press(nast T**ts keep reporting the FACTS :rolleyes:) then its the EPL fault etc etc!

Now 2 weeks ago the transfer window closed, your club new it was going to court for a WUP but your official's rolled the dice & instead of selling player's and getting 11.5-million in to pay HMRC & your staff their wages, your officials decided that it would be a good idea to bring in 4 more players to add to the wage bill? Now you rolled the dice it came up the wrong way & all of a sudden you want all the rules changed again.

What I find surprising is you get all uppity about us taking the P**s on our message board, when we had to put up with you lot during the summer taking the P**S, well suck it up, I choose not to go on your message boards & reciprocate because I just think its plainly wrong at this horrendous time for you!

But if you come on here then expect us to gloat a little, well gloat a lot :D

How exactly is all this going to help....

If the PL give them the £12m parachute payment up front to clear the tax

and they sell players now

and others reschedule the debts over a longer period

and by some miracle they see out the season....

They then start next season with no money for the year, no playing squad and no hope

they'll be in admin before the season starts

Is that really worth the PL and FA and FIFA breaking so many rules for?