Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Let me just make myself unpopular: I actually felt happy for the Skates fans at St Mary's that they finally got a little something to cheer for this season. And yes, I was quite annoyed too that we lost.

People discuss whether "they" deserve to go bust or not. Yes "they" deserve it if we are talking about those oil/gun-people toying around with a football club trying to make money. But no "they" do not deserve it if we are talking about the fans (and staff/players etc) of the club...

Exactly, as by doing this and paying our dues on time to HMRC he ensured that his bottom was covered too.

However, he acted honorably in such circumstances which is more than can be said for Storrie-Boy !

Not sure Lowe acted honorably at all because at least six months passed from the banking telling him no overdraft (because we personally dont like you) to going into admin.

Let me just make myself unpopular: I actually felt happy for the Skates fans at St Mary's that they finally got a little something to cheer for this season. And yes, I was quite annoyed too that we lost.

People discuss whether "they" deserve to go bust or not. Yes "they" deserve it if we are talking about those oil/gun-people toying around with a football club trying to make money. But no "they" do not deserve it if we are talking about the fans (and staff/players etc) of the club...

Then you sir, are not a Saints fan.

Blue Square league would be a fitting punishment.

How's this for a possible scenario;

The FA approach FIFA to allow Portsmouth to sell players.

FIFA say 'they will look favourably' etc etc.

FA give go ahead and say publically they are 'doing all they can' etc etc.

The other teams of the PL are consulted and agree to let Portsmouth sell players.

However behind the scenes in private when consulted, the Chairmen of the other PL clubs delivered a firm 'Go f*** yourself' by having a gentlemens agreement not to bid for any of their players.

This would allow the FA and FIFA to release public statements that they 'have done everything possible' and can in be safe in the knowledge that Portsmouth were sent to their grave by their peers.

I really need to stop looking at this site, do some work and get a life.......

let me just make myself unpopular: I actually felt happy for the skates fans at st mary's that they finally got a little something to cheer for this season. And yes, i was quite annoyed too that we lost.

you skate b@stard!

About the status of the SoA. It's a document which the Court ordered to be produced, in order to "factualise" the allegation made in Court by HMRC, to which the the Registrar appeared to subscribe, on the facts before her, that PCFC were continuing to trade whilst insolvent.

The Registrar (Judge) ordered that it must be lodged at the Court by 16h00 on 17th. She won't look at it now, she's busy on other matters, but she will be confident that HMRC have it. HMRC have until 16h00 on 19th to respond. That response will be:

* They are not insolvent, sorry Ma'am. We've been paid.

* They are insolvent, we told you so. Now you have the proof.

* The SoA is inadequate, and we require further & better particulars on the following points ..... to be received in sufficient time for us to respond before the Court date on 1st March

Any sign of this response yet? (or is it not publically announced?)

ODE TO POMPEY - with a nod to my childhood hero Benny Hill.

'Twas a fresh and bright morn

The sun was in the sky

Several thousand posts made

Waiting for that club to die...

Just like the turd in the pan

that just will not flush away

Storrie kept on popping his head up

'Ello guv we're being taken over today'

Alas it was never true

It all was just a ruse..

They kept the HMRC at bay

'Cause they had too much to lose.

Don't you go there diggin'

Who knows what you may find

Steer clear of the massage room

You might see Avram's behind..

The sun was in the sky

Alas it was never true

It all was just a ruse..

Very good. Should be called 'owed by Pompey' really though!

The sun was in the sky

Alas it was never true

It all was just a ruse..

Very Good ! :lol:

Well thats one less player for them to sell during their aspirational "Skate only window" then !

I wonder whether, if the EPL do allow them to sell they will impose a maximum number of players. Otherwise there'll likely be a mass rush for the exits as players try to get out of the uncertainty and the owners try and recoup every penny they can. Poopey could end up fielding a youth team for the rest of the season.

The other teams of the PL are consulted and agree to let Portsmouth sell players.

However behind the scenes in private when consulted, the Chairmen of the other PL clubs delivered a firm 'Go f*** yourself' by having a gentlemens agreement not to bid for any of their players.

This would allow the FA and FIFA to release public statements that they 'have done everything possible' and can in be safe in the knowledge that Portsmouth were sent to their grave by their peers.

I really need to stop looking at this site, do some work and get a life.......

Trouble is there may be one chairman at West Ham who may buy one of their players for, ooh, let's say, around £10 million......

just one major flaw with that plan

Trouble is there may be one chairman at West Ham who may buy one of their players for, ooh, let's say, around £10 million......

It would be ironic if WHU saved Pompey only for them to go down.If they do distort the league by helping them I do hope WH do go down.

Surely this deserves infraction points...

just one major flaw with that plan

What? No honour amongst thieves? (only a turn of phrase - not anything specific)

Originally Posted by Sylvia Saint

I don't think even that chairmen would be that bold - they would never get away with it............................................

What? No honour amongst thieves? (only a turn of phrase - not anything specific)

Originally Posted by Sylvia Saint

I don't think even that chairmen would be that bold - they would never get away with it............................................

Of course it is possible any player sold could (unlikely) also play now in the European competitions if signed. What are the ramifications of them scoring a winner and so putting out a big european side ,as I say unlikely the big clubs would want them, but the PL etc are leaving themselves open for a lot of potential grief. The plus would be if they get -9 for allowing them this privilage.

Of course it is possible any player sold could (unlikely) also play now in the European competitions if signed. What are the ramifications of them scoring a winner and so putting out a big european side ,as I say unlikely the big clubs would want them, but the PL etc are leaving themselves open for a lot of potential grief. The plus would be if they get -9 for allowing them this privilage.

Fairly sure you have to declare a 25 man squad at the start of European competitions anyway.

Quoted from the Times on line,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/portsmouth/article7033364.ece

""Of course we don't want to sell any more players, but we have no choice," Peter Storrie, the chief executive, said. "Avram Grant [the manager] still believes he can keep us up, so he doesn't want to sell any more players. But if it's a question of survival or selling, there clearly is no choice. We have some immediate cash flow issues to resolve." .

Surely the biggest indication yet that Vantis may be impling that they are insolvent...

Portsmouth News reporting their gonna be taken over by a South African consortium at the weekend

Didn't see any mention of Riquelme though ;)

Oh well you know it was going to happen when they got their 7 day reprieve.Justice may have been thwarted yet again.

Quoted from the Times on line,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/portsmouth/article7033364.ece

""Of course we don't want to sell any more players, but we have no choice," Peter Storrie, the chief executive, said. "Avram Grant [the manager] still believes he can keep us up, so he doesn't want to sell any more players. But if it's a question of survival or selling, there clearly is no choice. We have some immediate cash flow issues to resolve." .

Surely the biggest indication yet that Vantis may be impling that they are insolvent...

That's exactly how I read it as well.

No-one would be interested in buying Pompey.

I know that because so many experts on here have told me and they can't possibly be wrong

What does your friend at the club, whom you see socially every two weeks or so, have to say as their info', via yourself, has always been spot on regarding stadiums and takeovers?

He was so right about being bought by an Arab billionaire.

I know that because so many experts on here have told me and they can't possibly be wrong

"Discussions with Balram Chainrai's representatives over the issue of proof of funds are on-going"

They havent even provided proof of funds yet.

lol well if your track record of this season alone is anything to go by then buyer number 5 may just be around the corner....

....having a whip round :D

Oh well you know it was going to happen when they got their 7 day reprieve.Justice may have been thwarted yet again.

I can't help thinking it came straight from the lips of Storrie though.

This may be a silly question, but even if Pompey were taken over could they still be wound up on March 1st due to operating whilst insolvent?

Or does the winding up order only apply to the unpaid tax bill to HMRC?

I think you wuill find that people are saying that no one would be interested in buying the club with the current debts. If the creditors were willing to receive Xp in the pound then yes, there would be takers. The question is would they?