Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Does the SoA not state if they have to pay their bills owed now + future bills. So if they pay the money they owe to the HMRC now, i'm sure the HMRC will insist on a cast iron certainty that they get paid every month without fail. Sorry not a chance in hell of that before march 1st.

So it doesnt matter 2 hoots what the cynical EPL/FA/FIFA do to help these cheats!! lol BYE BYE POOOPEY and good riddance!!

Edited by SOTONS EAST SIDE

No-one would be interested in buying Pompey.

I know that because so many experts on here have told me and they can't possibly be wrong

You also know this because it's exactly what Steve Clarridge said last night on Radio 5. I will concede that he did offer the crumb of comfort that perhaps a fan might allow his passion to override logic and get involved.

He went on to say that compared to West Ham your club has nothing to offer an investor (I'm paraphrasing but that was about the meat of it).

That doesn't mean you won't change hands again. After all from where I sit the same logic has applied through most of your previous 3-4 changes of ownership.

I haven't bothered to look into who is supposed to be buying Pompey this week but why would anyone want to buy them? Surely anyone looking to buy a club could get Newcastle, Palace or Stockport for similar or less money. All those clubs have better prospects than Pompey.
Deffo Stockport, similar sized club but owns it's ground:)

I haven't bothered to look into who is supposed to be buying Pompey this week but why would anyone want to buy them? Surely anyone looking to buy a club could get Newcastle, Palace or Stockport for similar or less money. All those clubs have better prospects than Pompey.

Exactly what is the stand out reason for buying Poopey. Prem status Lol not for much longer, The ground lol, the Land lol and oh "THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD" rant. Dont make me laugh,

unless this SA lot are a waste management company! ;)

Wow, at least I did something productive this evening - Barmy Army Barmy Army

Damned good evening at the cricket, only downside is that it took me longer than the game lasted to catch up on here.

Looks like the winds have changed on the fire sale concept..

One minor nail in the coffin for those clinging to the "HMRC will not want to lose money line" as to why they could avoid liquidation....

The players (on ludicrous salaries) will become free agents.

A proportion will be taken on by English Clubs (no doubt a special dispensation WOULD get approved there with the PFA helping)

Which would mean that the HMRC would actually get paid the taxes on their future earnings that the skates won't be paying when they can't pay the wages.

I go back to my mantra - for the Board it is about buying time, every trick. So they cannot appeal a Winding Up order? No problem get enough Storries out there and get just cause to go to the House of Lords, The European Court, CAS, just BUY TIME.

As Claridge said last night 20 years since he played and NOTHING has been done at the club, EVERY decision has been about the short term. Hand to Mouth.

Must download a photo from today if I get time, made us lol when a blue few comment was added to it.

Oh and Thanks to The Colonel for wading in - I feel quite chirpy that I managed to upset Hohoho quite so much.

Sweet

One minor nail in the coffin for those clinging to the "HMRC will not want to lose money line" as to why they could avoid liquidation....

The players (on ludicrous salaries) will become free agents.

A proportion will be taken on by English Clubs (no doubt a special dispensation WOULD get approved there with the PFA helping)

Which would mean that the HMRC would actually get paid the taxes on their future earnings that the skates won't be paying when they can't pay the wages.

Good point about players future earnings would have tax paid on them, and free agents can be signed at any time - no dispensation needed.

Good result in the cricket, lets hope we can repeat that again tomorrow.

I know that because so many experts on here have told me and they can't possibly be wrong

So, the club owes a minimum of £60m at the moment, has to find c. £15m to fund wages between now and the end of June, has assets worth approx £20 (max) if you include the land the ground sits on, and your income is about to suffer a huge drop. Chuck in that you need to redevelop the ground, buy a training ground and rebuild the team from scratch.

Clearly that makes sense on so many financial levels.

If it was any other business you would be asking serious questions about the mentality of someone trying to buy the club. Alternatively you would wonder what the motives of that person were.

Maybe you'd not be so keen on the FAPPT being beefed up if it meant keeping your club alive....

Portsmouth News reporting their gonna be taken over by a South African consortium at the weekend

Didn't see any mention of Riquelme though ;)

Hands up everyone on here who has already Googled -

"Gaydamak South Africa Blood Diamonds"

and found names like Leviev, Tempelsman, dos Santos, Yatom, Curiel and many others.

I bet if/when they come up with a name somebody on here will get a business connection to "daddy" before the ink is dry on the "Fit and Proper Application Form".

(Of course the PL will pass the name, and 6 months later when it all goes pearshaped the thick skates will blame the PL again.)

Good point about players future earnings would have tax paid on them, and free agents can be signed at any time - no dispensation needed.

Good result in the cricket, lets hope we can repeat that again tomorrow.

To go to the cricket or listen on-line to the game...

If it was just that choice then cricket would win, but missing the game AND this thread....

No way

another deadline passes but still no news on Essex Beer Ltd?

Did they have any success with their campaign to alter european legislation and restructure the UK licensing laws on the same day?

We need to help them, it wasn't their fault the price of hops soared, and what will become of the 600 bar staff in their two pubs?...

Maybe other brewers could refinance them, it's the least they should do for a competitor who has fallen on hard times, it is everyone else's fault after all.

I mainly blame the Barking Gazette.

If a company as good as that gets liquidated it'll just leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Ok so that's a No then.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/7273077/Portsmouth-denied-lifeline-after-Premier-League-turn-down-request-to-sell-players.html

The Telegraph

The Premier League has refused Portsmouth's request to sell players for the rest of the season, despite Fifa unusually granting an exception to the transfer-window system

Blimey, common sense prevailed

And nice to see that the Telegraph has joined our ever growing readership

The Telegraph

As the search goes on it has emerged that Endeavour Plan, an investment fund run by New Zealand businessman Victor Cattermole linked with a takeover, has been investigated by financial regulators.

New Zealand's Securities Commission is investigating the online scheme, which drip-feeds investor cash into a Hong Kong fund, pays commission if investors refer friends, and has claimed returns of up to 12 per cent.

Good scoop chaps I know I read it on here about 20 pages ago!

Without wading through this thread, did I hear correctly that David Gold, of all people, i.e. West Ham's co-owner might lend £10M to Pompey to stop them liquidating..? Of course, if they are then allowed to go into administration, after paying HMRC, he can whistle for his £10M. If they don't go into administration, they will stumble on towards the next banana skin.

It's utterly ridiculous.

Without wading through this thread, did I hear correctly that David Gold, of all people, i.e. West Ham's co-owner might lend £10M to Pompey to stop them liquidating..? Of course, if they are then allowed to go into administration, after paying HMRC, he can whistle for his £10M. If they don't go into administration, they will stumble on towards the next banana skin.

It's utterly ridiculous.

except that his west ham wont then lose 4 points, and therefore more likely to not be relegated, which would cost him about £35m

so is this a part time gardening leave or full one that only kicks in when you feel there is some good news around the corner?

Tomorrow is a must win game for you, and I expect you to get it, after all you will be on a high after beating a 3rd tier side after playing a defensive game and hoping for a break away goal.

If you fail to do so then it is going to be difficult to muster a big surge. As I have put to you before I feel you have a good enough squad to stay up, but if the gap becomes 10 points to safety i will then start thinking the writing is on the wall.

If you are looking CCC then I suspect your club will never recover as i doubt that these people really do want to face at least 1 season in the CCC and when the authorites finally finish the season the book will fall heavily on your heads

I give you a taste of Pompey Transfer Gossip if the season ends as it should.

It is reported in the Havant advertiser that Burt Ecclestone is being tracked by Pompey in the East Hants junior leagues, he is deciding whether to join the Blues or Cosham Social club

It's utterly ridiculous.

Not from his perspective (although I would count Gold as ridiculous). West Ham stand to lose 4 points if Pompey are liquidated. Four points that would leave them bottom of the league. His investment there looks a whole lot less smart of the Happy Hammers go down and 4 points less makes that a fair bit more likely

It's utterly ridiculous.

He did put a pretty obvious (ain't gonna happen) string to the offer.

And the PL did veto it straight away (along with the transfer window)

So it leaves them waiting for a take over

Mention of Endeavor in The Grauniad:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/19/portsmouth-ownership-victor-cattermole

Interesting that Telegraph report about an investment trust drip feeding in investors funds... sounds like a Ponzi scheme to me. Mind you, if they buy Pompey (and why on earth would they apart from an excuse for losing money from which they'd already skimmed off their generous commissions), they'd definitely be drip-feeding a moribund patient with little hope of a decent prognosis.

Like all the previous owners: what's in it for them???????

So, the club owes a minimum of £60m at the moment, has to find c. £15m to fund wages between now and the end of June, has assets worth approx £20 (max)

Oh, I dunno. I'm sure some of the signs around the ground could be sold for more than twenty quid. Not that much more, admittedly, but I think you're being a leetle unfair..

BP Id be more than happy to have you between the sticks, but as long as you are in my side Im very happy.

Mars Bar abuse.

Having your own players between the sticks.

Bloody good job the Skates won't get out of this mess and we can wind this thread up. The detective work needed on the Forum match thread is going to be taking up a whole new channel

Sorry Challenge

Mars Bar abuse.

Having your own players between the sticks.

Bloody good job the Skates won't get out of this mess and we can wind this thread up. The detective work needed on the Forum match thread is going to be taking up a whole new channel

Sorry Challenge

His fisting was the best Ive experienced and he took the high balls without any problem.

Our team has got spirit. Again the home team is going to win, but this time with honour and no underhand dodges.

You are not Storrie in disguise ,as you certainly know all the tricks.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})