Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Sorry just got this from BBC 606. Pompey fans are trying to organise a protest on March 1st outside the court... Sorry but I nearly wet myself. You can imagine it now can't you ?

The main court is the Old Bailey and a protest outside there always gets on TV no matter if its 5 or 50 people.

The earlier in the day the better as the press and TV like to get their stories in early if you guys are serious I'd say get ther at 9 to 9.30 am as sittings don't start until 10 - 10.30am

Maybe march to parliament after.

People will listen to you but sometimes you have to make them.

http://www.londontown.com/LondonStreets/old_bailey_db6.html

That link has a good map and also it has good train station guides

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=old+bailey++map+london&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF_en-GB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Old+Bailey,+London,+UK&ei=YD99S8bBEcbKjAfM8aWLDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAoQ8gEwAA

The second one has more detail.

You can go via southwest trains or stagecoach.

If Pompey fans agree to go I'll meet you at the station.

Words fail to discribe the disgust i feel for Portsmouth Football club at this moment in time.

Every trick in the book is being played.

Crooked from top to bottom.

The transfer embargo should have never been even considered to have been lifted.

They are a disgrace.

Sorry if this offends some, but i truly hope the club,as it is,goes out of exsistance asap.

Cheating the fans,cheating the HMRC,cheating other clubs with now trying to gain an advantage with a transfer window just for them.

Nothing but lies and deceit.

Let the club die,for the sake of football and any shred of decency left in the game.

So you're not keen then? :D

Why indeed. And why should it be necessary? After all, they're going to be taken over any day now :rolleyes:

Lol.

They made their bed, they should have to lie in it. It's the fault of no one else.

I'm sure that plenty of other clubs are watching this episode very closely. Floodgates if the PL cave in and also a whole load of legal battles.

Plus, Cortese should be watching hard for potential FA Cup reinstatement if Pompey are trading insolvent.

Sorry just got this from BBC 606. Pompey fans are trying to organise a protest on March 1st outside the court... Sorry but I nearly wet myself. You can imagine it now can't you ?

The main court is the Old Bailey and a protest outside there always gets on TV no matter if its 5 or 50 people.

The earlier in the day the better as the press and TV like to get their stories in early if you guys are serious I'd say get ther at 9 to 9.30 am as sittings don't start until 10 - 10.30am

Maybe march to parliament after.

People will listen to you but sometimes you have to make them.

http://www.londontown.com/LondonStreets/old_bailey_db6.html

That link has a good map and also it has good train station guides

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=old+bailey++map+london&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF_en-GB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Old+Bailey,+London,+UK&ei=YD99S8bBEcbKjAfM8aWLDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAoQ8gEwAA

The second one has more detail.

You can go via southwest trains or stagecoach.

If Pompey fans agree to go I'll meet you at the station.

PLease Please encourage all your Pompey fans that you know to go to the OLD BAILEY.,Please

PFC request to reopen the window for sales now confirmed by BBC.

Final throw of the dice? You bet it is.

Interestingly however, if PL, FA & Fifa agree if any club buy their players to play them that opens the window for them as well. So you would have to open the European window fully.

And then the question- why have you signed two out of contract players after the window if you are desparate to sell?

Short shift "no way", I would think

PLAN A; Find a nut-job billionaire who will invest £60m in the next 7 days. (Does not even have to be an Arab and funds needed now, an email saying 'I'm very interested' may not cut it this time.) FAIL.

PLAN B; Persuade the EPL to hand over £11m of parachute money in the next 4 days. FAIL.

PLAN C; Sell players outside the transfer window. O RLY? Most likely a FAIL.

Heres to PLAN D; if they have time.......

Let's just revisit this insane open the window idea.

How many clubs have gone to the wall since the transfer window was introduced?

Saints went pop for a 4 grand cheque but the dudes on here will know the exact info as to how many.

Then let us ask how many businesses LOST substantial amounts of money because those clubs went pop.

Then let us ask WHY THE FECK FIFA, FA et al did not make a special case and open the window to save the smaller clubs? (It's not as if THEY hadn't been BEGGING for the past few years)

Saving those clubs by allowing them to sell players (in our case McGoaldrought, Surman etc) COULD have stopped suppliers losing money or even THEIR livelihood.

This is such a bullsh1t idea, because I for one know that IF I had been affected by this in the past would be sueing the a*ss off the football authorities for not doing it sooner.

On top of that it is FIFA and Platini who are FIGHTING with the PL to introduce special new rules on debt. How INSANE can the people down at Nott Arf be?

You can hear it now..

"Look at us, we are the classic example of everything you say is wrong in English football. We cheated by spending money we did not have and we voted against your ideas.

Can you please now change all your rules for HOW MANY professional football clubs across the world just to do us a favour because we were stupid? But we have a nice bloke with a Bell"

Hell that whole idea is EVEN funnier than Sultan Bin Trump

Forget it

PLAN A; Find a nut-job billionaire who will invest £60m in the next 7 days. (Does not even have to be an Arab and funds needed now, an email saying 'I'm very interested' may not cut it this time.) FAIL.

PLAN B; Persuade the EPL to hand over £11m of parachute money in the next 4 days. FAIL.

PLAN C; Sell players outside the transfer window. O RLY? Most likely a FAIL.

Heres to PLAN D; if they have time.......

See Goalie66's post above:-

D) Protest outside the wrong courtroom :D

This surely confirms that they are insolvent,have no buyer waiting in the wings and they won't have the funds for the upcoming wages.

Not that we did not really know any of that beforehand any how.

what do you mean there is no buyer waiting in the wings? Peter Tells Storries said negotiations were in an advanced stage. Are you trying to tell me that this guy might not be telling the truth? How dare you sir?

Seems there is already a precedent...

In April 1997, Hull City were allowed to sell Roy Carroll to Wigan Athletic for £350,000 even though the transfer deadline had passed. That money saved the Tigers from going out of business, though the goalkeeper was not permitted to play for the Latics that season.
Edited by Matthew Le God

Some feller on SSN:

Russell Underhill (Portsmouth fan) says...

This is a stupid story, there is absolutely no restriction stopping Pompey selling any player outside the transfer window. The transfer window allows a club to register a player, Pompey can sell whoever they want, when they want. The problem is that the buying club could not register the player until the next window opens, unless it's a country who's transfer window doesn't run parallel to the standard European league one.

Posted 13:42 18th February 2010

He might be right but who wants to buy/register players you can't play and have to pay?

Edited by TopGun

PLease Please encourage all your Pompey fans that you know to go to the OLD BAILEY.,Please

Well, given that the Old Bailey's full title is the Central Criminal Court I guess many Pompey supporters could get there in their sleep. And yes, it would be wonderfully fitting if a bunch of them turned up there on the 1st March.

Shame that their case won't be heard there, but then you can't have everything, can you?

:smt046

What if they sell,for arguments sake, David James to Man Utd and he saves a penalty in the last minute of injury time against Chelsea to win which ultimately wins them the League. Chelsea would be up in arms because he was sold outside the window....

It cant happen!

Seems there is already a precent...

Quote:

In April 1997, Hull City were allowed to sell Roy Carroll to Wigan Athletic for £350,000 even though the transfer deadline had passed. That money saved the Tigers from going out of business, though the goalkeeper was not permitted to play for the Latics that season.

good spot.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/7598.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

£4M shortfall this month. Nevermind HMRC

This says it all

Portsmouth put in their Statement of Affairs to the High Court moments before the 4pm deadline on Wednesday, and are submitting more information on Thursday. That follows Portsmouth becoming first club to be formally declared "insolvent" by accountants in their statement to the courts. Pompey are taking measures to prove they are solvent, including the sale of a player outside of the window.

Just finished trawling through more than 20 pages. That'll teach me to go away for a few days. Nothing much has happened that wasn't to be expected. However, one thought kept recurring while I was reading:

I'm sure that HMRC will compare the SoA with the "financial statement" which was given to the PL to have the player registration embargo lifted, albeit partially. I guess there will be glaring discrepancies between the 2 documents, which would be interesting to say the least.

Not sure if, and when, the PL would be entitled to see the SoA, but I'm pretty sure that if they asked PCFC for a copy, they would find it hard to say no.

If PL find that they were deliberately "conned" into lifting the embargo by PCFC (which MUST be against their rules), then, if they were to do the decent, right and sporting thing, they should retrospectively reimpose the embargo, as if it had never been lifted. That would require all new registrations (and re-registrations) to be nullified, and loanees sent back to their clubs. "Out of contract" frees would become just that again.

Pompey should then face the consequences of playing ineligible players in matches where those players have participated.

I think that's what should happen, but I don't think it will.

Oh, and if the demonstrators do end up outside the Old Bailey, if they wait long enough they will be at the correct Court.

As noted, all due before 1st March, I wonder if HMRC and the beak will spot it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presumably Pompey would have a tapering shortfall from £4m down in March, April and May until they have no players of any value left.

Seems there is already a precedent...

Quote:

That is likely to be a case of Hull being forced to sell Carroll for a knock down price to Wigan who couldn't actually register him.

Carroll at that time was one of the most promising young goalkeepers around and so it made sense to sign him as a future prospect.

The only way Pompey could get rid of any of their current squad is if they sold them at a ridiculously low price, if other clubs weren't allowed to register them to play this season

As Weston saint has pointed out, this is a really important piece given that it comes from ESPN, whom up to now have been the most supportive of Pompey

Portsmouth put in their Statement of Affairs to the High Court moments before the 4pm deadline on Wednesday, and are submitting more information on Thursday. That follows Portsmouth becoming first club to be formally declared "insolvent" by accountants in their statement to the courts. Pompey are taking measures to prove they are solvent, including the sale of a player outside of the window.

Now they just have to allow a few more rules to be broken and they'll be ok for at least, I would say, 24-48 hours!!

I really cannot see why this should drag on until the 1st March - surely if it only took 4 minutes to wind up Kings Lynn FC then Pompey should be done and dusted in even less time. They must be able to make room for it in the schedule.

isn't trying to sell players now a bit like shutting the stable door? I mean the SoA is about whether the club has BEEN and is CURRENTLY trading insolvently. This must be the case as Ploppy now need to raise cash to convince that they are not insolvent ergo they blinkin' well are!!

Close the cheating filthy lying criminal bottom dwelling (see what I did there?)club down now!

They are insolvent - if requesting to sell players outside the window isn't indication enough alone, then Courts only have to go back over the past few months and the relatively obvious cash-flow problems with wages, £11m HMRC, Gaydamak, Chainrai money etc. They're ****ing insolvent.

And even if they are permitted and do sell one or two players - what happens next month? And the month after that?

F()cking disgrace - they should be closed down.

Tricky one for the FAPL

The ESPN article comments that they are insolvent according to the SoA. Then they were in breach of the FA rules end of. There cannot be any escape from sanctions.

The FAPL could then allow them to sell a player who earns let's say 30k a week but who cannot play football until August for a new club - that's 6 months, say 25 weeks so the buying club has a bill of 750k before they start....

Hmm the discounts will have to be high and yet again, the transfer window ONLY CLOSED 3 WEEKS AGO, so again, how on earth can this be allowed so near to the window?

the Roy Carroll issue has two differences - 1) it was in April and 2) it was a goalkeeper which IS partially covered in the "emergency criteira".

This gets messier by the press comment

Tricky one for the FAPL

The ESPN article comments that they are insolvent according to the SoA. Then they were in breach of the FA rules end of. There cannot be any escape from sanctions.

This gets messier by the press comment

Don't think they are formally insolvent until the judge decrees so.

The only way Pompey could get rid of any of their current squad is if they sold them at a ridiculously low price, if other clubs weren't allowed to register them to play this season

Can anyone think of any particularly philanthropic clubs who would rather buy any Pompey players now, rather than wait until they go pop and pick them up for nothing (being able to play them immediately as they're free agents, into the bargain)? I'm not sure I can.

Can anyone think of any particularly philanthropic clubs who would rather buy any Pompey players now, rather than wait until they go pop and pick them up for nothing (being able to play them immediately as they're free agents, into the bargain)? I'm not sure I can.

Depends on if any other (home or overseas) club or club owners would benefit from having Pompey still exist.

Suggestions that someone has actually been conducting due dilligence and may be revealed by the Guardian tomorrow. No idea how true that is.

Anyone with half a brain cell would surely not need due diligence to work out the financial situation ? There's only one possible outcome, decide to keep the money in the piggy bank.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})