First post !

Hoe many other football forums charge a membership to post threads rather than offer donations?

LOL at the threads being lost?

Baj its very easy to get the post fields back in order from the backup database,are you not a Web Developer Freelancer? offering page one google?

I would like to offer you the job of getting me first page google for the keywords "Mesothelioma" and "Microsoft".:rolleyes:

If you can show me how a corrupted table in mysql can be recovered when fix table command reports table is corrupt and unrecoverable, i'd be thankful, pm me perhaps?

why do we have to pay a £5?

Firstly, the technical infrastructure of the forum will be vastly improved. That is to say that we will be moving to a new host offering improved technical specifications for the server, which should guarantee that the forum is working even at peak periods, so those who aren't at a game for whatever reason can still keep up with what's going on. The obvious downside to this is financial, and we have had to devise a plan to ensure that the forum becomes self-sufficient in the long-term.

Revenue will be generated predominantly from two places. Firstly, we will be imposing a new tiered structure of membership. The majority of the 8,000+ membership of the forum either don't post at all or post very rarely. For those people, the main change will be the appearance of a few adverts on the forum, predominantly powered by Google. These adverts will slowly be put in place over the next week. For those on this free level of membership (known as Tier 1), a limit of 3 posts per day will be imposed and private messaging and avatars will be disabled. For those of you who want to post more regularly, want to be able to send private messages and want the forum to be free of adverts, there is a Tier 2 level of membership. This level of membership will cost an annual subscription of £5. We have set this to what we believe to be an acceptable level in order to provide revenue for the forum to keep it running to its full potential. However, a slight flip-side to the reasoning is that (hopefully) users will be a little bit more considerate about what they write given that they have paid money for access and would have to pay again to re-register.

If you can show me how a corrupted table in mysql can be recovered when fix table command reports table is corrupt and unrecoverable, i'd be thankful, pm me perhaps?

Just using the last known good backup will give members back 99% of post counts and restore 99% of lost threads.

Regards repairing the corrupt mysql post tables,send me a pm and all will be revealed;)