The 92 Club

Michelle

I wonder if anyone has done the 92 with Saints, sure they havent as we have never played Wigan but some must be getting close now.

Wonder if anyone completed it between the 50s and late-80s, when there were no new grounds built? Albeit a few new clubs must have come into the leagues, making it difficult. And Saints tended to stay put in a particular league for quite a while.

You're right that now it must be almost impossible, but this season has certainly boosted the numbers nicely for many. Even if we got relegated to League 2, then went straight through to the Prem, new grounds would still make it tricky to achieve.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen Saints play at 83 grounds in England, but that doesn't mean I am that close to the 92 with us as the total includes new grounds eg Ayresome Park and the Riverside. I did complete the 92 in 1994, but with lots of new grounds being opened recently and new teams coming into the league the target of completing all the current grounds has rather got away from me, even though my actual total is over 110.

I have seen Saints play at 83 grounds in England, but that doesn't mean I am that close to the 92 with us as the total includes new grounds eg Ayresome Park and the Riverside. I did complete the 92 in 1994, but with lots of new grounds being opened recently and new teams coming into the league the target of completing all the current grounds has rather got away from me, even though my actual total is over 110.

Fantastic effort !

Getting on the Footballgroundsmap kind of concentrates the mind and gets you thinking about doing the 92.

I am only on 28 current league grounds but have done 46 grounds in total but I am in now and going to give it a bash dont know how long it will take me but I am giving it a go.

It puts a new perspective on games ie Northampton other years I might have given this a miss but I havent done 6 fields so I am going so I can tick it of the list.

Anyway I always love a away day watching the Saints & trying to do the 92 just gives me a bit more incentive to go.

• 10 months later...
Scunny

Hull

Charlton

Reading

Notts Forest

Swindon

Can now add to the list...

Southend

Oldham

Bristol R

Northampton

Leeds

MK Dons

Norwich

Colchester

Wycombe

Wembley

Yeovil

Wednesday

That's 18 so far I make. Should be going to Notts Co in a few weeks. Posh, Bournemouth, Hartlepool and Orient are the other new grounds I might get to this year. Swindon is the only place I've been twice.

I have done 68 out of the 92, the ones I still have left are:

Stoke

Wigan

Preston

Leicester (did Filbert St)

Cardiff (did Ninian park)

S****horpe

Plymouth (will go this year)

Dagenham & Redbridge (will go this year)

Rochdale (will go this year)

Peterborough (will go this year)

Port Vale

Chesterfield

Rotherham (did Millmoor)

Shrewsbury

Bury

Accrington

Torquay

Oxford (did Manor Ground)

Burton

Cheltenham

Crewe

Morecambe

Lincoln

Hereford

so ideally I could do with saints having a season in league two to complete the set.

To be honest I think that old grounds should count towards the 92. So if you've seen Saints at Highbury or at Layer Road then it should be included, but you can't add extra grounds on if, say, you've seen Saints at Maine Road and City of Manchester.

Going by my rational I'm on 52, if not then I lose Highbury, Millmore and Layer Road and end up on 49.

Will add Notts County, Dagenham & Redbridge, Peterborough, Rochdale, New Colchester and Plymouth this season. Gutted that I'll probably miss out on Carlisle, Hartlepool and Huddersfield though.

JRM,

Have you done The Emirates with Saints?

No, obviously we haven't played there, but I have seen Brazil v Sweden and a day of the Emirates tournament Arsenal v Rangers and Athletico Madrid v PSG, so surely that still counts?

I really want to sit down and add up European grounds as must be up to 40 odd i've done I reckon

ok slightly different subject, how many foreign grounds have you done?

I think i am on 33 at the moment, although i am sure there are a few i cannot remember.

Rangers

Celtic

Lille

Lyon

Feyenoord

Amsterdam Arena (Ajax)

PSV Eindhoven

Hamburg

St Pauli

Essen

Aachen

Schalke

Hertha Berlin

Stade della Alpi (Juventus)

Sampdoria

Roma

Napoli

Poznan

Wisla Krakow

MTK Budapest

FK Sarajevo

Red Star Belgrade

Fenebache

Halmstad

Svarstad

Halden

Minsk

Dnipro

Barcelona

Bratislava

Olympic Stadium Athens

ok slightly different subject, how many foreign grounds have you done?

I think i am on 33 at the moment, although i am sure there are a few i cannot remember.

Rangers

Celtic

Lille

Lyon

Feyenoord

Amsterdam Arena (Ajax)

PSV Eindhoven

Hamburg

St Pauli

Essen

Aachen

Schalke

Hertha Berlin

Stade della Alpi (Juventus)

Sampdoria

Roma

Napoli

Poznan

Wisla Krakow

MTK Budapest

FK Sarajevo

Red Star Belgrade

Fenebache

Halmstad

Svarstad

Halden

Minsk

Dnipro

Barcelona

Bratislava

Olympic Stadium Athens

Good question:

Paris - Stade de France

Munich

Amsterdam

Barcelona - Olympic

Lisbon - Stade de Luz

Aviero

Copenhagen - Parken

Innsbruck

Tirana

Skopje

Dnipro

Tel Aviv

Bratislava

Zagreb

Edinburgh - Easter Road

Moscow - Luzniki

Geneva

Basel

And for comedy value:

Cardiff - Millenium

Cardiff - Ninian

Swansea

Good question:

Paris - Stade de France

Munich

Amsterdam

Barcelona - Olympic

Lisbon - Stade de Luz

Aviero

Copenhagen - Parken

Innsbruck

Tirana

Skopje

Dnipro

Tel Aviv

Bratislava

Zagreb

Edinburgh - Easter Road

Moscow - Luzniki

Geneva

Basel

And for comedy value:

Cardiff - Millenium

Cardiff - Ninian

Swansea

how many of those as England aways Kev?

England away i've only got Bratislava, Athens, Amsterdam, Berlin, Dnipro, Minsk, Turin, Einhoven (euro 2004)

have seen the saints pre-season at Feyenoord, Halden, Svarstad, Halmstad.

rest of the grounds as a neutral.

England away i've only got Bratislava, Athens, Amsterdam, Berlin, Dnipro, Minsk, Turin, Einhoven (euro 2004)

I am surprised, i didn't think you lot could handle England away. How many of you that go to England away have been fronted by Pompey?

England away grounds:

Vienna

Chorzow

Cardiff

Barcelona (Montjuic)

Copenhagen

Moscow

Zagreb

Paris

Amsterdam

Frankfurt

Stuttgart

Geneva

a good selection of grounds there mate, and in a game of foreign grounds / england aways top trumps you'd definitely get extra points for moscow and to some extent zagreb, likewise with kev and his skopje and tirana, watching an idiot abroad last night i wish i could've done is israel away via jordan would've been quality, not sure if other sports can count but other top grounds i've done w&nkhede stadium mumbai england test match and MCG for boxing day ashes test deserve a mention. I'll ignore Turkish's comment as he's rarely been seen north of london on an away day let alone foreign soil !

Think there are 15 with England away.

Gutted that I couldn't do Bucharest in the UEFA Cup, life as a student didn't allow for it.

France away 08 (Paris)

Andorra away 08 (Barcelona, Olympic stadium)

Germany away 08 (Berlin)

Kazaksthan away 09 (Almaty central stadium)

Holland away 09 (Amsterdam)

Holland away under 21s (Groinigen)

Japan 09 (Graz, Austria)

Switzerland 09 (Basel)

Cardiff (Ninian, few times)

Millenium stadium

Dundee

Dundee United

Aberdeen (Inverness game when they had to play there)

Inverness

Add St Mirren in a few weeks time (doing it after Carlisle away on the Sunday.)

Not bad for a 19 year old (H)

France away 08 (Paris)

Andorra away 08 (Barcelona, Olympic stadium)

Germany away 08 (Berlin)

Kazaksthan away 09 (Almaty central stadium)

Holland away 09 (Amsterdam)

Holland away under 21s (Groinigen)

Japan 09 (Graz, Austria)

Switzerland 09 (Basel)

Cardiff (Ninian, few times)

Millenium stadium

Dundee

Dundee United

Aberdeen (Inverness game when they had to play there)

Inverness

Add St Mirren in a few weeks time (doing it after Carlisle away on the Sunday.)

Not bad for a 19 year old (H)

Not bad for a manc either ;-)

Done about 65 of the current 92, plus a few old ones and a couple of European.

• 2 weeks later...

Done 73 so far, not all with saints, including 9 relocations, but I make it 22 left to go, so 95 in total which must be the net amount of teams coming in and out of the League since I started in 1974 at Orient. Division 2 1975 - 1978 helped alot and being based up north for 4 years! Much harder then as less M-Ways, no mobile phones or internet, trains slower etc etc.

Have we really never played Wigan? Would make a good day out when we are both in the Championship next season!

• 2 weeks later...

UP in the high seventies in this country

also done the following in Scotland

Ibrox

Hampden Park

Clydebank

Falkirk

Stenhousemuir

St Johnstone

Abroad have done the follwing

Marseilles

Limerick

Anderlecht

Hamburg

Bucherest

Ferenenzaros

Genoa

Calagari

Verona

Bilbao

Malmo

Stockholm

Royal Antwerp

Feyenord

Cherzow

Gdansk

Poznan

Utrecht

Volendam

• 1 month later...

I'm on 49 League with Rochdale , Peterbro & Dagnham due to come in this year.

I live in Newcastle so its tough midweek.

I don't know how I'll ever do Plymouth or Exeter. But I gotta decide soon cos if I don't go this year I might never go...

The 2 Welsh clubs are well out of reach.

• 2 weeks later...

73, all with Saints, and at least two more to come by the end of the season.

Only teams above us I'm missing are Arsenal, Wigan, Cardiff and Swansea - had done Arsenal and Cardiff at old grounds though. Everything else missing is L2. Again, would be more if a few teams hadn't gone and got themselves relegated out of the league!

73, all with Saints, and at least two more to come by the end of the season.

Only teams above us I'm missing are Arsenal, Wigan, Cardiff and Swansea - had done Arsenal and Cardiff at old grounds though. Everything else missing is L2. Again, would be more if a few teams hadn't gone and got themselves relegated out of the league!

Looking forward to Dagenham this weekend, no doubt a high percentage of our 1200 will be ticking that one off for the first time, then got Peterborough and Rochdale in quick succession in February 2 more new ones for me.

Looking at the current tables I'm hoping Hereford and Lincoln go down and get out of the 92 to be replaced by Luton and AFC Wimbledon to help boost my numbers!!

anyone looking to do a game at the Emirates to do the ground there is a tasty international friendly there in February Argentina v Portugal http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/argentina-v-portugal-ticket-details saints currently aren't playing that night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Wonder how many that supporter who looks like father christmas (white hair and about 60) has done????? Evertime l go away l see him in the ground. Must have done a few.Im only on 16

That's Nigel Adkins!

• 2 months later...
Isn't it Big Dave, a London Saint? Originally from Ohio.

Know both 'Dave Smudger' Smith Father Christmas lookalike and Steve Jarvis

Dave is a relatively late starter to watching Saints, lives in North London and started watching Saints in 90's. Only became Saints fans as all the locals in the pub he frequents, kept on promising him they would take him to a game.

Pub full of Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Chelsea fans, but nothing ever came of it until Ray 'Reggie' Betts offered him a ticket for game at the Dell, since then been devoled Saints fan, has had a season ticket for last two years and goes to most away games, but has proably gone to 50 grounds

Steve Jarvis has however been lifelong Saints fan and has attended majority of grounds not usre if he's done Chesterfield's new ground, but managed to get to Morecomb's new ground when our game at Rochdale was called off

So don't think he's quite done all 92 but I know for sure that he and many others can not of seen Sinats at alll 92 grounds as there are many grounds that Saints have never played at eg. Chesterfield (new Ground) , Morecombe (new ground), Cardiff (new ground), Burton, Macclesfield, Accrington, Stevenage and Wigan where we hopefully play next season.

Also there will be at least one possible two new grounds coming into the league with Crawley Town and AFC Wimbledon