Wootton Bassett

RedAndWhite91

Anyone else find it slightly ironic that these people want to protest about what is happening in a country where if they protested in that country they would get severely punished?

I think these people need to get real. The head guy lives in a country where he is given a 3 bedroom house and benefits by the tax paying people of this country. His kids are given a good education and are given a good atmosphere for which to grow up in. They won't have to worry about a political bomber trying to blow up their school in the supposed name of god.

If these people loved their country so much why have they abandoned it? If they disagree with what is happening why did they move to UK? They compare us to Nazi's but that is like saying in ww2 we hate the Nazi's but we thought it was best to move to Berlin.

These people coming to our country abuse the system so badly that it does make you ask the question "well why are you here then?". If you hate it so much why did you not stay where you were?

We have become too politically correct, too scared to stand up for our own beliefs when faced with anothers in fear we will get called a racist or something.

If these people go through with it they will get a kicking because it will stir up hate. And the sad part is this will play into groups such as BNP hands.

Islam was 'founded' around 600 AD ish. That's only like 1400 years ago.

Quite.

And most of the wars - aside from the Crusades - were straightforward imperial wars, not religious ones. If anyone wants an insight into how the worst of those wars were fought, have a read of Roger Crowley's brilliant Empires of the Sea (one of the finest popular history books I've ever read) - and it's far better than re-treading all the hackneyed old myths about the clash of civilizations.

Islam came before Jesus, or so I was taught!!.

Well considering Jesus is actually one of the prophets in the Islamic religion as well as christianity, I think I can say without fear of contradiction that you were taught wrong.

See what I mean about lack of understanding?

You seem to fail to understand that this isn't about Islam.

It is about a neo-fascist organisation deliberately setting out enrage public opinion and to further drive a wedge between communities and they've done a damn good job of it so far.

I would have hoped that I had made it crystal clear by now that I understand that perfectly. It's all the people who want to blame the whole of Islam for the actions of this neo-fascist organisation who do not seem to be able to make that distinction and whose understanding I question.

What these extremists want is for a 'them and us' culture. They would like nothing more than for all westerners to fear and marginalise all muslims because it suits their agenda.

And judging by some of the posts I have read on this thread and on other forums, I would say they are succeeding in getting their wish.

At 39, Anjem Choudary should be a symbol of success for his peers. Born into the working-class family of a market trader in Welling on the outskirts of London, he has risen - thanks to the opportunities offered by the British education system - to become a qualified lawyer.

But it is unlikely his old school will be inviting him to be guest speaker on prize-giving day. Their former pupil is not famous for his elegant oratory in court.

Instead, the articulate Mr Choudary preaches hatred and murder in the streets of Britain to the next generation of young, impressionable Muslims.

This week he stood outside Westminster Cathedral in central London to call for the execution of the Pope as punishment for 'insulting Islam'. He fulminated against Pope Benedict XVl, adding: "Whoever insults the message of Mohammed is going to be subject to capital punishment."

It's a long way from his days as a medical student at Southampton University, where, friends say, he drank, indulged in casual sex, smoked cannabis and even took LSD. He called himself 'Andy' and was famed for his ability to drink a pint of cider in a few seconds.

One former acquaintance said: "At parties, like the rest of us, he was rarely without a joint. The morning after one party, I can remember him getting all the roaches (butts) from the spliffs we had smoked the night before out of the ashtrays, cutting them up and making a new one out of the leftovers.

"He would say he was a Muslim and was proud of his Pakistani heritage, but he did-n't seem to attend any of the mosques in Southampton, and I only knew of him having white girlfriends. He certainly shared a bed with them."

On one occasion, 'Andy' and a friend took LSD together. The friend said: "We took far too much and were hallucinating for 20 hours."

The only sign of religious fervour came in flashes of anger over Salman Rushdie's The Satanic Verses. A friend from that time said: "You didn't want to get him started on that. He would go on and on about the fatwa and he supported calls for the book to be banned. But he would have a glass of cider in his hand when he was carrying on about it."

Choudary failed his first-year exams, switched from medicine to commercial law and did his final year as a law student at Guildford, from 1990 to 1991, before moving to London.

There his legal career stalled briefly and he filled in his time by teaching English as a foreign language in one of the many colleges off Oxford Street.

But eventually, he found a position with a firm of solicitors and began completing his qualifications to become a lawyer. His personal life blossomed too.

In 1996, aged 29, he married Rubana Akhtar and started a family. The couple, who settled in East London, have a daughter aged eight, and sons aged six and one.

Then he met the cleric Sheik Omar Bakri Mohammed at a mosque in Woolwich. Bakri, who is now banned from returning to Britain from Lebanon, had formed Al Muhajiroun, committed to the creation of a worldwide Islamic state, and Choudary quickly became a leading light in the group and its successor organisation, Al Ghurabaa.

He is no longer a practising solicitor and has left his wife and children to concentrate on his extreme brand of Islam. It was Choudary who organised the Danish Embassy protests over the cartoons of the prophet Mohammed earlier this year, at which demonstrators dressed as suicide bombers and banners proclaimed: 'Behead Those Who Insult Islam'.

He lauded the September 11 hijackers as 'magnificent martyrs' and praised Asif Hanif, the British suicide bomber who killed three in Tel Aviv in 2003.

After the July 7 atrocities in London, he vowed he would not tell the police if he knew a terror attack was being planned and urged Muslims to defend themselves against perceived attacks by 'whatever means they have at their disposal'.

His shocking pronouncements could be dismissed by some as the rantings of a mind clouded by religious fervour but Choudary has an audience and, at a time of increasing disaffection among young British Muslims, his activities are carefully monitored by Special Branch.

A security source said: "He is not seen as premier league because he is so conspicuous. He is seen as an irritant but with a potential to inspire impressionable youngsters to go that one stage further."

Despite his hatred of all things British - he says: "If British means adopting British values, then I don't think we can adopt British values. I'm a Muslim living in Britain. I have a British passport, but that's a travel document to me" - he and his family live on state benefits.

Rubana is said by friends to claim £1,700 a month in housing benefit and income support while Choudary has also claimed £202 a month in income support.

Yesterday, Choudary declined to talk about his past dissolute life, dismissing it as 'irrelevant'. He said: "I was born a Muslim and I have done my best to be a good Muslim all my life."

And the drugs and alcohol? "That's not really part of what's happening in the world today. Anyway, it is all fabricated. It is complete nonsense.

"My personal family situation and background is irrelevant to the situation in which we live. I can talk about politics and Islam but I don't want to talk about my personal life."

He was too busy to answer any further questions. He now belongs to a sect he refuses to name and continues to deny any direct involvement in terrorism.

In a recent interview, he said: "Do I know how to make liquid explosives? No, I'm not military-trained. I can make an omelette."

A flippant remark from one whose extremism is so laced with threats of violence.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23367406-the-unholy-past-of-the-muslim-cleric-demanding-the-popes-execution.do

Also the letter he has written to the dead soldiers families is signed:

Mr Anjem Choudary

UK Head of Al-Muhajiroun

I'm sure special branch will have picked up on this given that Al-Muhajiroun is now a banned organisation...;)

As much as I vehemently oppose this proposed march, if it does go ahead, I firmly believe that anyone that attends should have to register with the authorities, and they should then cross check if these extremists are claiming incapacity based benefits, if they are fit enough to protest they are fit enough to work, and therefore all benefits should be cut. If they are claiming JSA or income support, had they registered with Job centre that they would not be available to work. If they had not cut thier benefits again, because if we are not available for work OUR benefits are cut.

Anybody that has employment, let their employers know of their extremist view, because if it works for those in the BNP it should be the same on the other side of the barricade.

Edited by mcjwills

It is about a neo-fascist organisation deliberately setting out enrage public opinion and to further drive a wedge between communities.

"The hate that hate created" gone on for centuries and for as long as people refuse to accept, amongst other things, different religions it sadly will continue

For those who persist with the tiresome myth that other Muslims remain silent to the inane provocations by Choudary, or that Muslims are silent when the Taliban murder other Muslims, here, for one, is Mehdi Hasan, in The Guardian.

Is Choudary an Islamic scholar whose views merit attention or consideration? No. Has he studied under leading Islamic scholars? Nope. Does he have any Islamic qualifications or credentials? None whatsoever. So what gives him the right to pontificate on Islam, British Muslims or "the hellfire"? Or proclaim himself a "sharia judge"? Will he even manage to round up enough misfits to carry the 500 coffins with him? I doubt it – Choudary and co couldn't even persuade enough people to join a "march for sharia" that they had proudly planned to hold in central London in late October, and, at the very last minute, had to humiliatingly withdraw from their own rally. Pathetic, eh?

The fact is that Choudary is as unrepresentative of British Muslim opinion, as he is of British anti-war opinion. Compare the Islam4UK leader with Prestwick protester Marcus Armstrong. The latter went to prison in protest over the British government's alleged collusion in Israel's bombardment of Lebanon in 2006; the former lives safe and sound in a £350,000 house in east London, a recipient of benefits from the same state he so reviles and repudiates.

And here's a question for Choudary: of the 1,013 civilian deaths in Afghanistan between January and June 2009, recorded by the United Nations, 595 were attributed to "anti-government elements" and 310 to Nato and government forces. So will he and his odious chums have the guts to fly out to Afghanistan and march through the streets of Kabul and Kandahar, carrying coffins symbolising the innocent Afghans killed by the Taliban and al-Qaida? If he agrees to do so, I'll pay for his airfare myself.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2010/jan/04/anjum-choudary-wootton-bassett

I always thought that the Koran is sort of the Bible(OT and that), but edited by what Mouhammad said the Angel Gabriel revealed to him in a cave I forget the name of. Mouhammads revelation is meant to be Gods final and perfect revelation and that the other revelations before by Jesus and Moses etc, while revelant, are imperfect. Jesus is hailed as a prophet in Islam and a forewarning of Mouhammad so to gingeletiss, you are wrong.

For those who persist with the tiresome myth that other Muslims remain silent to the inane provocations by Choudary, or that Muslims are silent when the Taliban murder other Muslims, here, for one, is Mehdi Hasan, in The Guardian.

Is Choudary an Islamic scholar whose views merit attention or consideration? No. Has he studied under leading Islamic scholars? Nope. Does he have any Islamic qualifications or credentials? None whatsoever. So what gives him the right to pontificate on Islam, British Muslims or "the hellfire"? Or proclaim himself a "sharia judge"? Will he even manage to round up enough misfits to carry the 500 coffins with him? I doubt it – Choudary and co couldn't even persuade enough people to join a "march for sharia" that they had proudly planned to hold in central London in late October, and, at the very last minute, had to humiliatingly withdraw from their own rally. Pathetic, eh?

The fact is that Choudary is as unrepresentative of British Muslim opinion, as he is of British anti-war opinion. Compare the Islam4UK leader with Prestwick protester Marcus Armstrong. The latter went to prison in protest over the British government's alleged collusion in Israel's bombardment of Lebanon in 2006; the former lives safe and sound in a £350,000 house in east London, a recipient of benefits from the same state he so reviles and repudiates.

And here's a question for Choudary: of the 1,013 civilian deaths in Afghanistan between January and June 2009, recorded by the United Nations, 595 were attributed to "anti-government elements" and 310 to Nato and government forces. So will he and his odious chums have the guts to fly out to Afghanistan and march through the streets of Kabul and Kandahar, carrying coffins symbolising the innocent Afghans killed by the Taliban and al-Qaida? If he agrees to do so, I'll pay for his airfare myself.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2010/jan/04/anjum-choudary-wootton-bassett

Of course some people speak out against extremism but not nearly enough when you think about the fuss made about things like the cartoon issue.

This site obviously has an agenda http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/ but certain things do ring true....

"On 9/11, nineteen devout Muslims believed they had a religious mandate to fly planes into buildings and slaughter thousands of innocent people.

The Muslim world erupted with outrage over this horrible act of mass murder. Massive demonstrations were held in nearly every Muslim country and Western city. At these demonstrations, Muslim leaders harshly denounced Islamic terror and shared the many hundreds of verses from the Qur'an that encourage universal brotherhood, peace and tolerance. A slew of fatwas and clerical condemnations against terror soon followed.

Tens of millions of ordinary Muslims also reacted by rallying against violence and demanding that their leaders root out and eliminate the Islamic terrorists and their supporters. These same Muslims and their clerics called for introspection and atonement, accepting the role that the radical elements of their religion played in the attacks, and committing themselves to combating and eradicating the misinterpretation of their religion - the Religion of Peace...

Well, not quite.

Obviously this didn't happen. If it had, then Islamic terror would have ended, 9/11 would have been a singular event."

Obviously (to all but a pedant) the figure of 99.99% is just one of those numbers picked out of thin air.

Why are you plucking figures out of thin air then? I like arguments to be based on facts, not figures plucked from thin air.

Muslim comunities leaders

I thought I made it clear that this is not how you spell the word. I would be more prepared to listen to your infantile arguments if you managed to spell words correctly. These aren't typo's, this is you not knowing your own language.

This post is either trolling (probable in lieu of Wilts other contributions) or born of ignorance.

Please don't fall into the Gheydays trap of saying all of my posts are me "trolling", whatever that means. You can either attempt to answer the points made (all salient points) or just admit that you're a big racist. You don't like people of a different colour to you. Simple as that.

I always thought that the Koran is sort of the Bible(OT and that), but edited by what Mouhammad said the Angel Gabriel revealed to him in a cave I forget the name of. Mouhammads revelation is meant to be Gods final and perfect revelation and that the other revelations before by Jesus and Moses etc, while revelant, are imperfect. Jesus is hailed as a prophet in Islam and a forewarning of Mouhammad so to gingeletiss, you are wrong.

That's about right - at least as far as the religious mythology goes. Mohammad famously said that the Bible, the Torah and the Koran were three fragments of 'the mother of all books' (which is where Saddam got his phrase about the 'mother of all wars' from). He also famously did not give the Koran precedence over the other two. His quarrel with 'unbelievers' was with the polytheistic 'Quraysh', who controlled Mecca.

The cave you forgot the name of, together with all the physical relics of Muhammad's time in Mecca and Medina, including the graves of his daughter Aisha, were destroyed in 1802 by the followers of Wahhab, the religious fanatic and thug whose doctrines were forced upon the people of 'Saudi' Arabia, and then subsequently further afield.

What seems so tragically ill-understood is that Wahhabism, the brand of Islam that has caused so much damage, is actually just the modern variant of a narrow, unpopular, misogynistic and violent 18th century sect. The reason it spread so virulently is that after Lawrence of Arabia had help return the House of Saud to power, they immediately discovered oil.

Of course some people speak out against extremism but not nearly enough when you think about the fuss made about things like the cartoon issue.

This site obviously has an agenda http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/ but certain things do ring true....

"On 9/11, nineteen devout Muslims believed they had a religious mandate to fly planes into buildings and slaughter thousands of innocent people.

The Muslim world erupted with outrage over this horrible act of mass murder. Massive demonstrations were held in nearly every Muslim country and Western city. At these demonstrations, Muslim leaders harshly denounced Islamic terror and shared the many hundreds of verses from the Qur'an that encourage universal brotherhood, peace and tolerance. A slew of fatwas and clerical condemnations against terror soon followed.

Tens of millions of ordinary Muslims also reacted by rallying against violence and demanding that their leaders root out and eliminate the Islamic terrorists and their supporters. These same Muslims and their clerics called for introspection and atonement, accepting the role that the radical elements of their religion played in the attacks, and committing themselves to combating and eradicating the misinterpretation of their religion - the Religion of Peace...

Well, not quite.

Obviously this didn't happen. If it had, then Islamic terror would have ended, 9/11 would have been a singular event."

Well yes, you're right, that site does have an agenda: let's hate all Muslims, would about sum it up.

How do you think Muslims reacted to 9/11? Do you even know? Most that I know of in the countries I've travelled to have reacted with a mixture of disgust, anger and fear at 9/11 and continuing and cumulatively far worse atrocities in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Aceh and elsewhere. Some are so appalled that Muslims could do this that they, like the 'truthers in the US, refuse to believe it.

It puzzles me as to what you think there more to be done, in cases like the following:

Last week, a volleyball match in northwest Pakistan was attacked by a suicide bomber. The townspeople of Lakki Marwat had violently ejected the Taliban from the area. The Taliban responded killing 88 men, women and children.

They ended up looking like this (and this is by no means the worst of it)

afp20100102102802633.jpg

I happen to know a very prominent family in the tribal areas. If you would like to compose a message with your complaint about how they didn't do enough, I promise you I will forward it to them, so that they can reflect on their lack of moral courage while they bury their dead.

It's so much harder for you and me to be a couple of internet gits, concealed behind our keyboards, don't you think?

Christianity was around before Jesus was born........buy a Bible, it is actually a good read!!!

That is one of the most hilariously stupid comments I have ever read on here. What a tit! Christianity didn't exist until after the birth of Jesus, you muppet. Jesus was a Jew.

I happen to know a very prominent family in the tribal areas. If you would like to compose a message with your complaint about how they didn't do enough, I promise you I will forward it to them, so that they can reflect on their lack of moral courage while they bury their dead.

It's so much harder for you and me to be a couple of internet gits, concealed behind our keyboards, don't you think?

I doubt Islam4UK would get very far honouring Taliban dead through their village.

That's about right - at least as far as the religious mythology goes. Mohammad famously said that the Bible, the Torah and the Koran were three fragments of 'the mother of all books' (which is where Saddam got his phrase about the 'mother of all wars' from). He also famously did not give the Koran precedence over the other two. His quarrel with 'unbelievers' was with the polytheistic 'Quraysh', who controlled Mecca.

The cave you forgot the name of, together with all the physical relics of Muhammad's time in Mecca and Medina, including the graves of his daughter Aisha, were destroyed in 1802 by the followers of Wahhab, the religious fanatic and thug whose doctrines were forced upon the people of 'Saudi' Arabia, and then subsequently further afield.

What seems so tragically ill-understood is that Wahhabism, the brand of Islam that has caused so much damage, is actually just the modern variant of a narrow, unpopular, misogynistic and violent 18th century sect. The reason it spread so virulently is that after Lawrence of Arabia had help return the House of Saud to power, they immediately discovered oil.

Said about 1000x better than me there :)

OK. So the UK is politically correct these days Yes or No?

So, if everyone is subject to the same laws rules and regulations, can ANYBODY explain to me why this Mr Choudray has not been arrested on charges of inciting racial hatred?

Free speech is one thing, but I am sure that if I used the same comments and arguments from a White Western Male mouth about organising a March in Bradford I would have been arrested by now.

You guys live in one seriously f8cked up country

So, if everyone is subject to the same laws rules and regulations, can ANYBODY explain to me why this Mr Choudray has not been arrested on charges of inciting racial hatred?

Free speech is one thing, but I am sure that if I used the same comments and arguments from a White Western Male mouth about organising a March in Bradford I would have been arrested by now.

because we live in a society where we have to feel offended for anyone in a minority group...regardless of what their beliefs are/what they say...

if this was a white person saying anything like this..groups like the UAF will be going utterly mental and will take litterally militant action on the streets...

anyone who says this country is going down the pan is also branded a complete thicko and a little englander.

I think it is Ironic that these people are on hand outs by the very society they want to tear apart...yet we cant say that, as white people are also on hand outs...

moral of the story...we cant really say anything as (apprently) we have to have complete free speech, regardless of the damage it could do

Edited by Thedelldays

To be honest though, Dubai ain't exactly the model of social perfection either is it! Sounds like a pretty despotic place from what I've heard.

The USA said just last week (following that failed airliner bombing) that 'Britain is in danger of becoming a menace state'. And that is indeed true.

They must find it incredible then to read that we are even considering allowing this march through Wooton Bassett to go ahead.

I can't see it being allowed to go ahead in all honesty. There would be no end of trouble, violence & above all else - disgust.

The USA said just last week (following that failed airliner bombing) that 'Britain is in danger of becoming a menace state'. And that is indeed true.

They must find it incredible then to read that we are even considering allowing this march through Wooton Bassett to go ahead.

I can't see it being allowed to go ahead in all honesty. There would be no end of trouble, violence & above all else - disgust.

but then, people will now just list the faults of the USA now you have said this...

if this march happens during a repatriation procession (like they plan)..

many people who would usually have nothing to say on the subject will turn on these extremist groups...

what is the point in complete free speech if it can severely damage the society we live in

but then, people will now just list the faults of the USA now you have said this...

if this march happens during a repatriation procession (like they plan)..

many people who would usually have nothing to say on the subject will turn on these extremist groups...

what is the point in complete free speech if it can severely damage the society we live in

My dad always told me when I was a small kid that 'Britain should hang onto the coat-tail of America'. As I got older - I understood more what he meant. I'd much rather be America's friend than its enemy. Besides - I love America! I love our 'close relationship'. I'm happy to state I love the USA - and sod anyone who thinks otherwise. I couldn't care less.

I know the US has had its problems & still has problems yadda yadda yadda. But I'm more than happy to be their friend!

My dad always told me when I was a small kid that 'Britain should hang onto the coat-tail of America'. As I got older - I understood more what he meant. I'd much rather be America's friend than its enemy. Besides - I love America! I love our 'close relationship'. I'm happy to state I love the USA - and sod anyone who thinks otherwise. I couldn't care less.

I know the US has had its problems & still has problems yadda yadda yadda. But I'm more than happy to be their friend!

I tell you one thing...having been in the forces for over 10 years now...I am quickly changing my mind at leaving at the magical 12 year point...the bubble of the forces does not cater for morons spouting religious hate in it....no "complete free speech" here...and by the looks of it..it is a good thing..

I tell you one thing...having been in the forces for over 10 years now...I am quickly changing my mind at leaving at the magical 12 year point...the bubble of the forces does not cater for morons spouting religious hate in it....no "complete free speech" here...and by the looks of it..it is a good thing..

Indeed you salty old seadog! ;)

It was thanks to the 'Grey Funnel Line' that I first visited the USA for a 5-week maintenance period in Jacksonville back in 1980. A few weeks later - found myself in Philadelphia for 10 days. Couldn't believe I was getting paid for my troubles! ;)

Sailed there a couple more times over the years & loved every single minute.

Never understood my old man doing 26-years on subs though. I mean...the sea is for sailing on - not under! :D

Does a country speak?

And were you aware the crotch bomber was Nigerian? (He probably should be told that not many of the 72 virgins would show much interest in whatever was left after his little flame-out).

Does a country speak?

And were you aware the crotch bomber was Nigerian? (He probably should be told that not many of the 72 virgins would show much interest in whatever was left after his little flame-out).

isnt it one belief (although we will never know) that he was "radicalised" whilst here in the UK, whilst registered at one of these univeristies that dont exist..?

They allow those "God hates fag" people to protest at the funeral marches of US servicemen so I doubt it.

Does a country speak?

The failed 'liquid bombers' all stemmed from here in the UK.

The shoe-bomber stemmed from the UK.

The Nigerian 'crotch bomber' (they say) was radicalised here in the UK.

So when a country like America (The Senate/White House/CIA/whoever) say's we're in danger of becoming a 'menace nation' - I'm inclined to agree.

So when a country like America (The Senate/White House/CIA/whoever) say's we're in danger of becoming a 'menace nation' - I'm inclined to agree.

Anyone can play that game.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/12/10/pakistan.arrests/index.html

We have some seriously f*cked up and hate filled young Muslim men in the UK, of that there is no doubt.

"Some" Anjem Choudary quotes...........

“Islam is superior and will never be surpassed. The flag of Islam will rise over Downing Street.”

He roared: “We do not integrate into Christianity. We will ensure that one day you will integrate into the Sharia Islamic law. Our eyes are on Downing Street.”

“That is why the British are so afraid. It would be easy for us to declare Jihad in Britain and each one of us could become a time-bomb waiting to go off. But we are not people who betray.”

‘The mob bayed and cheered as he said: “About 500 people in Britain become Muslim every day. “The Home Office say there are 1.5million Muslims but there were 1.5million ten years ago. Since then our brothers in Bethnal Green, Whitechapel and other places have had eight or nine children each. Eight children here, ten children, 15 children. There must be at least six million people.

“It may be by pure conversion that Britain will become an Islamic state. We may never need to conquer it from the outside.”’