Leeds game...

Dibden Purlieu Saint

Bought my tickets for this today as travelling down with a Leeds fan, and it was mighty hard. Whole Kingsland has sold out, but Block 43 is open. Didn't want to take him in there, may have been a bit too much, so in the Chapel now. Think a lot of Pompey buyers linked this game in.

Just saying, get in there quick!

A lot of people brought Leeds Tickets so they could go to the Pompey game, so should be a good gate

That's pathetic on their part then. I would fully have expected them to easily sell out 3,200. They seem to do it everywhere else in the league.

I heard a rumour elsewhere they had only been given the smaller allocation by us (circa 2.4k) due to them "misbehaving" a bit in the ground last time they were down. Didn't actually believe it, but looks like it could be true. Leeds would be able to sell out 3.2k no problem given the chance.

I twinned Leeds with Pompey to guarentee a seat where I wanted to sit, but I can't make the Leeds game as it'd require time off work (got a week booked off the for the JPT already so don't want to use any more holidays) and money I don't want to be spending in lieu of the fact the JPT final weekend is already costing me £200 without spending money which will double that figure.

If anyone wants the ticket i'll sell it for £20 (a loss of £2 for me) because i'd rather get something for it than nothing.

I've advertised it here:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20671

So if anyone wants it drop me a pm and we can sort it out.

That's pathetic on their part then. I would fully have expected them to easily sell out 3,200. They seem to do it everywhere else in the league.

We only gave them 2,200 tickets so we had more home fans. Leeds fans had to apply to get tickets and had a lot more than 2,000 that wanted to go.

We only gave them 2,200 tickets so we had more home fans. Leeds fans had to apply to get tickets and had a lot more than 2,000 that wanted to go.

I thought league rules were that we HAVE to give 10% to away fans?

I thought league rules were that we HAVE to give 10% to away fans?

I think the rules state we have to OFFER up to 10% to away fans, for league games. It is normally up to the away club if they want to take them all or not. I think The Police or local licencing authority can sometimes force the home club to offer a lower figure. I think Cleveland police have done this a few times when Middlesbrough have played Man Utd due to the Man Utd fans persistent standing.

Also I think some home clubs offer the aways clubs staggered amounts of tickets depending on how many they think they will sell.ie at SMS we may offer blocks of

800, 1600, 2400 or 3200 tickets. This can be on a Sale or Return basis or pay for all up front basis.

I am so mad about the Leeds game.It was one of those games i had been looking forward to since the start of the season,but now i have a wedding to go to instead and despite me thinking of lots of excuses,i cant get out of it.

Boooooooo!

Poor excuse. Plan for you. Start spreading a rumour that the bride is playing away, wedding will be at least postponed. You heard it here first.

Anyone else need any ideas? I'm listening.

Edited by Dibden Purlieu Saint

I am so mad about the Leeds game.It was one of those games i had been looking forward to since the start of the season,but now i have a wedding to go to instead and despite me thinking of lots of excuses,i cant get out of it.

Boooooooo!

Plastic fan - the only way you can be excused is if it's your own wedding and, even then, you need to put your foot down.

Ha HA.

Im afraid its my eldest sons wedding and seeing im paying for most of it,i apparantly have to be there.

Isn't it the parents of the bride that should be paying? So, she's definitely not good enuff for your eldest son and you need to go to the match. Just think what precedent you're setting for you other son(s) by giving in and paying for his wedding.... Road to ruin I'm telling ya. You've got to go to the game and save your marriage / pension / retirement fund etc. etc.

we apparently asked the football league what the minimum number of tickets that we had to give Leeds and were told 2000 and that is what we have given them

I have a feeling that our clubs must have had a falling out about something then. They made more seats available for us up at Elland Road. Unless of course it's because of the crowd trouble last time they came to SMS.

I have a feeling that our clubs must have had a falling out about something then. They made more seats available for us up at Elland Road. Unless of course it's because of the crowd trouble last time they came to SMS.

Yes - it did kick off, inside as well as out. IIRC It was the game that all but relegated them from the Championship, and they took none too kindly to the Saints fans in Blocks 1, 2, 3 who kindly pointed out that they were being relegated. Lots of stuff thrown over the netting, in both directions. Lots of Leeds fans caught not just by CCTV but by the ITV cameras on The Championship the following day.

still not entirely sure what the club are hoping to gain from doing this.

Leeds have the best away support in this division by a mile, like when we went to Exeter all we will end up with is more of their fans in our end, so rather than the stewards having their work cut out in the away end they'll be busy all over the ground.

any idea how many tickets are actually left for this game ?

still not entirely sure what the club are hoping to gain from doing this.

Leeds have the best away support in this division by a mile, like when we went to Exeter all we will end up with is more of their fans in our end, so rather than the stewards having their work cut out in the away end they'll be busy all over the ground.

any idea how many tickets are actually left for this game ?

I'm assuming home tickets are only on sale to those on the database? Still no doubt they'll be Leeds fans dotted around the ground.

Ha HA.

Im afraid its my eldest sons wedding and seeing im paying for most of it,i apparantly have to be there.

In fairness, if you're paying for most of it then should should be entitled to a few hours off if you want.

I'm assuming home tickets are only on sale to those on the database? Still no doubt they'll be Leeds fans dotted around the ground.

nothing on the saints site about it being database only, seems to be open general sale. would let me buy as many as i want online.

could be interesting, didn't Leeds have literally hundreds in the home end at Exeter?

nothing on the saints site about it being database only, seems to be open general sale. would let me buy as many as i want online.

could be interesting, didn't Leeds have literally hundreds in the home end at Exeter?

Yeah, and don't forget the crush that happened in the away end as well.

Yet again trying to break my jinx on results!!

Travelling up with a mate and his lad that are both Leeds fans, but they couldn't get tickets with their lot as they'd sold out, so they're sitting with us.

Better tell them not to wear colours - some might not take too well to that.