Stop and Spare a Thought on Sunday

Channon's Sideburns

When we are at Wembley enjoying the day, can we all spare a thought (or raise a beer!) to those Saints fans who won't be with us.

I'm sure we all know someone who would have loved to be there - to see their Saints at Wembley again.

Some of you may have come across someone who recently passed away - Andrew Courtenage.

Andrew was a distant relative of mine, originally from Lymington but more recently had lived in the Kent area.

He passed away in the last couple of weeks from Cancer and was a great Saints fan.

His funeral is in Orpington tomorrow, unfortunately I can't make it but I'll raise a beer (or ten) to him on Sunday.

RIP Andrew.

Don't know his name but I often talk to one of the guys in the ticket office at Basingstoke station about Saints and have seen him around and about in Southampton after Saints matches.

Hadn't seen him for a while and was wondering what had happened to him, but saw him last week when I went to get my train ticket for the Swindon game, when he told me that he was unable to get hold of a ticket for this Sunday as back at the start of January when the snow was on the ground he was walking back to his car in the car park to go home after work, and slipped over and broke a bone in his groin. It resulted in him spending a week in Hospital and then being laid up at home for a number of weeks after that, meaning he missed the MK Dons match so has been unable to get a ticket for the final. He's been to a lot of league games this season and both the Torquay and Charlton JPT games, and is gutted he's missing out on the final. So i'll spare a thought for him on Sunday.

Top thread! My mate Johnny died last year so was spared the lowest point of our demise but he'll be at Wembley on Sunday in spirit!

I'd just like to say that the comradeship of posters on this forum. helping people get hold of tickets, help with travel, advice etc. has been awesome. Makes you so proud to be a Saint!

Top thread! My mate Johnny died last year so was spared the lowest point of our demise but he'll be at Wembley on Sunday in spirit!

I'd just like to say that the comradeship of posters on this forum. helping people get hold of tickets, help with travel, advice etc. has been awesome. Makes you so proud to be a Saint!

Exactly..appreciated your help mate.

To my dad James Stewart (Jimmy) he took me to my first Saints match at the Dell when i was a wee nipper i guess 10/11 in the east stand i think it was all i can remeber is us ans some of his mates standing around drinking...

RIP Dad .....

My Great Uncle George Judd.

He'd have been laughing about it only being the JPT but he'd have had a tear in his eye when Davis lifts it on Sunday. He was Southampton though-and-though. Sadly he passed away on 11 May 2009 when we were on a bit of a low(e) ebb. I hope he's watching our revival somewhere, and that that place has a subscription to Sky Sports 2!

Miss you, Uncle George.

Thanks to the OP for staring this thread.