Warning for those travelling on Sunday.

Pilchards

Did the journey today and it took 4 hours in total.

It's all okay getting to the Wembley area but from 5 miles out it took just under 2 hours to get to our hotel next to the stadium.

Good luck everyone and look out for my car on the way home as I have painted it red and white with the players names all over it.

C O Y R

Ps We are in the Bear getting plissed :-)

Cheers for the warning Pilchards. Did you go M4 or A40? I used to work in the Diageo building close by for a year near Hanger Lane / Park Royal and avoided the M4 like the plague as it gets completely clogged up around that way...

It was M25 to the A4 which was the sat nat recommendation.

Do not go in the M4 way. Go around to the M40/A40.

Good idea and join the queue with the Carlisle fans coming down the M40 from the M6 / M42. There is a better way and it doesn't involve parking at tube stations which is pointless if you have booked parking at the stadium.

Good idea and join the queue with the Carlisle fans coming down the M40 from the M6 / M42. There is a better way and it doesn't involve parking at tube stations which is pointless if you have booked parking at the stadium.

surely they will do M6 and straight down M1

Huh ? Not unless they are very very lost. Carlisle fans will come straight down the M1 into London or may go A404 - no where near the A40. As I said above, do not go M4, take the next junction up, the A40.

And that is?

Since it's a route that "we" did for Utd and Villa in the fizzy pop final, with both sets of fans using that route, had no delays and parked up without an issue, I suggest I know what I'm on about and that you, 19C, are full of shiiiit.

surely they will do M6 and straight down M1

I wouldn't. According to the sat nav and Google maps the M1 route is 4 miles and 1 minute shorter at 305 miles but the M42 and M40 does not have the horrendous roadworks on the M1 between the M25 and M6 junctions.

I travel from London to Glasgow very regularly and never use the M1 especially South of the M6 junction.

Since it's a route that "we" did for Utd and Villa in the fizzy pop final, with both sets of fans using that route, had no delays and parked up without an issue, I suggest I know what I'm on about and that you, 19C, are full of shiiiit.

United? Southern Red? You'll be telling us you went with Mr Chorley next, which would explain a great deal about your 'style'. 19C? Mornington Crescent? Any others?

I wouldn't. According to the sat nav and Google maps the M1 route is 4 miles and 1 minute shorter at 305 miles but the M42 and M40 does not have the horrendous roadworks on the M1 between the M25 and M6 junctions.

I travel from London to Glasgow very regularly and never use the M1 especially South of the M6 junction.

Even if Carlisle do go down the M40 / A40 there are a hell of a lot less of them than there are of us coming from Southampton so I'm going A40!

Leaving at 8am,parking at Osterley tube station.

Either Osterley to Rayners lane on the Piccadilly line then onto the Metropolitan line to Wembley park or Osterley to Green Park and change onto the Jubilee line upto Wembley Park.

Not much difference in both time wise really.More stops the green park route but they are much closer together and more frequent being more 'in town'

United? Southern Red? You'll be telling us you went with Mr Chorley next, which would explain a great deal about your 'style'. 19C? Mornington Crescent? Any others?

I live up north Flashman and have you never heard of corporate feebies and you're also assuming that those freebies came from Manchester and the "we" refers to me explicitly.

I've also been doing that route for England games for 20 years so you stick to your google maps Sundance and I'll stick to years of experience.

I live up north Flashman and have you never heard of corporate feebies and you're also assuming that those freebies came from Manchester and the "we" refers to me explicitly.

I've also been doing that route for England games for 20 years so you stick to your google maps Sundance and I'll stick to years of experience.

we are going up at about 7. Is there parking near the stadium, we haven't booked?

I park at Hillingdon and tube in.

The tube station is just off the A40 and it has a NCP car park or free street parking just up the road.

Tube into Wembley takes 15-20mins and costs £5 return.

Thanks, but Iwas talking to someone who went to a cup final and said he had to wait 2 1/2hours to get on the tube after the game!!!!!

Thanks, but Iwas talking to someone who went to a cup final and said he had to wait 2 1/2hours to get on the tube after the game!!!!!

Never waited for more then 15-20mins after an England game with 80k there, especially as most tube users are heading east and I'm heading west.

I'm usually home in 2.30h and it's 140miles to my house.

Can anyone explain why the national stadium was biult there?

Rational reasons only please.

I'm guessing back in the early 1920's when it was built the travel situation wasn't what it is today. People would have used the tube, or walked to the ground, unlike today when people get in their cars to drive the half mile down the road to get a pint of milk etc etc.

The roads around Wembley would have been perfectly adequate, probably up to about the 1960's.

Wherever you put a sports stadia that will hold in excess of 80,000 people you will have travel chaos on the roads these days.

Will it REALLY take 2 hours to get on a train after the game?

No........there will be 20,000 less than capacity, the losing teams supporters will leave first anyway, and the powers that be are well versed in getting supporters away on the tube in quick time.

Just because someone told someone something means nothing.

Can anyone explain why the national stadium was biult there?

Rational reasons only please.

It was originally part of the National Exposition site, like the magnificent Crystal Palace was before it was destroyed by fire, if you look at some of the very old buildings on the approach they have Egyptian styled façades. At the time of the Exposition Where the stadium now stands there was the beginnings of Monsieur Eiffel's successor to the Paris Tower but it ran out of money. As it was a bit of a mess it was decided to be the perfect site for the Olympics on the edge of the London so that was the beginning of Wembley in the Nations Capital.

Hood down Anorak off.

:)

As I'm in Waterlooville - I aim to go straight up the A3 - past Guildford - and join the M25 going clockwise until around Heathrow area & then down the A40 is it? Not sure what time we're setting out...probably about 8.00am. Don't expect to see too many Saints fans up the A3...but you never know!

You could always try going round the M25 and then UP the M40 to Beaconsfield (junction 2 - 5 mins from the M25 junction) or High Wvcombe (junction 3) and then catch a train in. Trains take 20 mins and go straight to Wembley Stadium.

That looks a good option,especially travelling from Glos !

Trains look to be fairly regular as well.

No chance if you are heading away from London. Live in Ruislip and not thinking about any problems!! Come on you Reds!!!