How is Morgan

ladysaint

Hope he gets fit soon, but yesterday it was relieving to see we could play well without him in the side.

Im sorry, I actually thought are midfield was awful without him. Wotton was poor imo and we didnt play with anything like th same fluency without our best 2 ball playing players, morgan and punchon. Morgan in particular was badly missed.

Im sorry, I actually thought are midfield was awful without him. Wotton was poor imo and we didnt play with anything like th same fluency without our best 2 ball playing players, morgan and punchon. Morgan in particular was badly missed.

We won 4-1. I would argue we coped alright.

I would argue that they gifted us the first 2 goals and then we had a decent period after half time then they had a great period at the end. It wasnt the saints team who killed walsall and huddersfield with fab football. It wasnt as pleasing on the eye, I would say its a must that morgan and punchon are back in the team on thurs.

I would argue that they gifted us the first 2 goals and then we had a decent period after half time then they had a great period at the end. It wasnt the saints team who killed walsall and huddersfield with fab football. It wasnt as pleasing on the eye, I would say its a must that morgan and punchon are back in the team on thurs.

We played better without Mogan yesterday than we did against MK Dons with him in the side. I'd wager it was better than the Swindon game too.

Schneiderlin is a very good player, but isn't the be all and end all. We can play well without him and we have played poorly with him.

We played better without Mogan yesterday than we did against MK Dons with him in the side. I'd wager it was better than the Swindon game too.

Schneiderlin is a very good player, but isn't the be all and end all. We can play well without him and we have played poorly with him.

Well now I'm completely confused!

Thanks

was really gutted that he didnt play on Sunday the lad deserved to be there. What injury does he have as cant find any info out, he is on 9 cards so just wondered if he was kept back to play in the League, will defo need him on Thursday.

He felt his hamstring twinge after 25mins in the Hartlepool game and was taken off at half time as a precaution. He received treatment Wednesday and Thursday and said after Thursday that he felt good and was confident that he'd be ok to play on Sunday. However, on Friday after treatment/training, he was limping fairly badly and it didn't look good. He was to have further treatment and a fitness test on Sunday morning, but failed it.

Whilst the other players had a day off today, he was back in for treatment. He enjoyed the whole Wembley experience but was absolutely gutted not to have been fit to play. He was, however, ok to join the post-match party at Dock Gate 4 last night, and a few of the players looked a bit rough today!!

How can some people still be negative after a 4-1 thrashing and a trophy?! Yes Wotton isn't as good a player as Morgan, we all know that, but the side Pardew put out did the job and played some good stuff at times.

Seeing as other key players were also left out of the side, due to either being cup-tied or injured, I think the Lads did very well. You certainly can't argue with a 4-1 scoreline, and just because Carlisle gifted some of the goals doesn't mean that they weren't deserved. Sometimes it isn't necessary to find the cloud behind the silver lining.

Wotton always is crap

Yes, we won the game with the best side we could put out.

But out first choice side has to include Morgan and exclude Wotton. Surely.

Well, obviously. I thought Wotton was pretty poor at Wembley, misplacing passes, beaten in the air (which let them hit the bar), and for some bizarre reason decided to throw his entire body at a defender who was going round him. If that player had gone down he could well have been off.

A lot of talk about Carlisle gifting us a couple of goals, its all about taking chances in a game no matter how they are created, we took four of them Sunday. We also created four or five other good chances, IMO we could have stuck two of them away.

Lets hope Morgan is back soon as he can be a class act at times, Wotton my not be a ball playing midfielder like Morgan but he will always give 100% for the team.

I agree, we were strong at the back and up front but weak in the middle. A better side than Carlisle would have exploited that more.

I thought Wotton wasn't great on the day but when watched it again yesterday realised we were outnumbered in midfield so it was always going to be difficult.

We won 4-1 so I'm happy, start of a great era, I hope.

How can some people still be negative after a 4-1 thrashing and a trophy?! Yes Wotton isn't as good a player as Morgan, we all know that, but the side Pardew put out did the job and played some good stuff at times.

That's a bit of an assumption to say someone is negative from only one aspect of the game mentioned. We can only beat the side put in front of us, I'm glad it was Carlisle as they didn't exploit their dominance in midfield because of a great Saints defensive line with them only have Dobie as a striker threat.