Season Ticket news

Amesbury Saint

They must be waiting to see which league we are in? Gives us more time to save for Championship prices !!

Yep if we go up (which we won't) the tickets will cost more. One of the very selfish reasons I'm hoping we don't go up this year is so I can afford a season ticket and see us go up a champions next year:p

• 2 weeks later...
Unless I've missed it we have heard nothing more regarding that silly plan to move the away fan section . If the club were really going to do it (for God's sake don't Mr Cortese) they would surely have to publish their detailed proposals before asking fans to renew season tickets .

Silly to you, eminently sensible to me.

Please Mr Cortese - move them into to old junior Saints area in the Chapel/Kingsland corner!!

Silly to you, eminently sensible to me.

Please Mr Cortese - move them into to old junior Saints area in the Chapel/Kingsland corner!!

It would be a disaster and create the potential for lots of trouble outside the ground. Now they exit into britannia road straight away and can be easily policed. You of course will also get people moving to be near the away fans. That of course is why the northam ended up like present.

It would be a disaster and create the potential for lots of trouble outside the ground. Now they exit into britannia road straight away and can be easily policed. You of course will also get people moving to be near the away fans. That of course is why the northam ended up like present.

But then if they don't move the away fans, we won't ever get access to the North Car Park ever again. Perish the thought...

In the Yeovil program today a centre season ticket for an adult at Yeovil brought before May 31st was only £306 bargin. The steward said they well selling very well. Pretty useless bit of information but l thought l would share it with you

IMO one of the reasons we have not had any information with regard to ST prices as yet, is that we are not desperate to get money in the bank. Things are a little tight at Norwich on the money front.

That's right. there is no cash flow problem, so no need to rush. This is a good sign for the finaicial health of the club, so don't panic.

In the Yeovil program today a centre season ticket for an adult at Yeovil brought before May 31st was only £306 bargin. The steward said they well selling very well. Pretty useless bit of information but l thought l would share it with you

Even better than that - you did!

And we thank you for that -

Sincerely.

Why you lying i was with you, steward said nothing because you didn't move out of your spot once today.

must be news soon, else everybody will start spending the money on summer holidays!

Just make sure you have the money stashed away in another account and don't touch it, I should imagine the prices will be the same as this season for this division and if we go up add £100, simples :)

Heard a rumour prices were going to be cut to increase demand.

As a bit of a side issue, I think the club should rethink the adult/child pair prices. After the rush for wembley tix, its possible that people will take up the "almost free" child option just to get one more ST number. (don't know if you could "upgrade" to adult for Wembley though).

Anyway, I am all for a great dealt bring kids along - just needs to be done sensibly.

And a properly run membership scheme needs reintroducing.

As a bit of a side issue, I think the club should rethink the adult/child pair prices. After the rush for wembley tix, its possible that people will take up the "almost free" child option just to get one more ST number. (don't know if you could "upgrade" to adult for Wembley though).

Anyway, I am all for a great dealt bring kids along - just needs to be done sensibly.

And a properly run membership scheme needs reintroducing.

How would you suggest it's done?

and very poor financial management

For who?

For the Club there are no money issues, Staplewood development is ahead of schedule because of the attendances this season being above those factored into this seasons budget.

Sound Financial sense for me because Mr Leibherr and Mr Cortese feel confident enough that we will come, for the money to stay in our bank accounts a bit longer rather than in the clubs. Bit Topsy turvy really in the money grabbing World of Football.

For who?

For the Club there are no money issues, Staplewood development is ahead of schedule because of the attendances this season being above those factored into this seasons budget.

Sound Financial sense for me because Mr Leibherr and Mr Cortese feel confident enough that we will come, for the money to stay in our bank accounts a bit longer rather than in the clubs. Bit Topsy turvy really in the money grabbing World of Football.

you must attended a different accountancy course to me. I was always told it was better to have the cash in the business account rather than in the customer's account.

you must attended a different accountancy course to me. I was always told it was better to have the cash in the business account rather than in the customer's account.

We are in the Fluffy Southampton Football Club world of Markus Leibherr, not the pull the customers pants down and roger them senseless world that exists everywhere else: especially in football................................ They don't need the money to appease creditors, so what's the rush, don't you want that £300ish pounds in your pocket a tad longer earning you money?.

How would you suggest it's done?

Well....just as a suggestion

Adult ST in the family enclosure £250. Add a child for £100.(or enough to discourage people from taking up the child ticket on the chance of a ticket for a big game).

Adult and child for £350 works out at around £15 for an adult and a child per game.

OR just make a child "add on" for single match very cheap- say £2.

Adult ST in the family enclosure £250. Add a child for £100.(or enough to discourage people from taking up the child ticket on the chance of a ticket for a big game).

Adult and child for £350 works out at around £15 for an adult and a child per game.

Think you can discount that option straight away as they wouldn't be able to guarantee the seat next to your season ticket.

IIRC the prices for the wings/behind the goal this season were:

Adults: £280

Young Adults: £250

Juniors: £135

I would imagine anything around a 10%+ price cut would certainly draw the crowds.

IIRC those were the 'Early Bird' renewal prices. We really need to get more people to take up season tickets. The recent Oldham and Carlisle games have shown that it's a struggle to encourage fans to these kind of fixtures, they'll be even more less glamorous teams in this division next season with who's going up to the Championship. If STs are already bought and paid for you're more likely to go than reasoning "it's only Oldham, I'll give it a miss".

Get more hooked in now, get SMS full (or as near as), the players will appreciate it aswell as the fans (they're even improving the beer!) and it will almost guarantee full houses for the forseeable future with promotion.

I'm renewing but I'd be quite happy to see newbies paying the same as me this time.

You clearly don't have kids.

I sit in the Chapel and have an adult+kid season ticket and travel with Corky Morris who has an adult+2 kids, going up to 3 this season.

You'd be making us pay, combined, £360 extra as 3 of those tickets were priced at £0 and one at £40.

Great way to price people out.

As long as season tickets work out around half the price of 23 individual tickets they will sell well

Had the ticket office kept selling season tickets up till the final day of JPT priority for season ticket holders there may well have been 22K season ticket holders which would have made every game since mk dons have crowds of mid 20sk

IIRC those were the 'Early Bird' renewal prices. We really need to get more people to take up season tickets. The recent Oldham and Carlisle games have shown that it's a struggle to encourage fans to these kind of fixtures, they'll be even more less glamorous teams in this division next season with who's going up to the Championship. If STs are already bought and paid for you're more likely to go than reasoning "it's only Oldham, I'll give it a miss".

Get more hooked in now, get SMS full (or as near as), the players will appreciate it aswell as the fans (they're even improving the beer!) and it will almost guarantee full houses for the forseeable future with promotion.

I'm renewing but I'd be quite happy to see newbies paying the same as me this time.

What is IIRC FFS?

I sit in the Chapel and have an adult+kid season ticket and travel with Corky Morris who has an adult+2 kids, going up to 3 this season.

You'd be making us pay, combined, £360 extra as 3 of those tickets were priced at £0 and one at £40.

as it goes I have three kids, I have a ST, I bought my son a young adult ST this season, and since they were six I regularly took both my sons when they were juniors and teenagers. (and in the PL that meant about £70 a game !!)The prices i suggested were just that, because I couldn't find this seasons actual prices as they are now off the OS.

My point , if you read both posts, was that it IS a great idea to encourage families- and that prices should be kept low. My point was just that it might not be a good idea to encourage people to take up kids ST's just because they are almost free, when some people might do so JUST to get access to big game tix, and might not actually use the kids ST very often.

The actual maths of it might be tricky, hence one suggestion to give very cheap child add ons for match by match sales.

I am certainly NOT in favour of big price rises for families, and dO want to see young fans encouraged to SMS.

Surely it's hard to argue with £15 a game for an adult and child? Hardly "pricing people out" is it?

I would imagine we'll hear any day now as it's certain what division we'll be in.

Maybe they're gonna do a one-off price to celebrate our 125 year anniversary - £125 anybody?

Maybe not, but if it's the same as last year then I think it will be good value for a promising 2010-2011.

I would imagine we'll hear any day now as it's certain what division we'll be in.

Maybe they're gonna do a one-off price to celebrate our 125 year anniversary - £125 anybody?

Maybe not, but if it's the same as last year then I think it will be good value for a promising 2010-2011.

We would shift a huge amount of season tickets if they were £125 each.

Hmm