Great piece from Dan Kerins

alpine_saint

Obvioulsy I echo the sentiments but why does he insist on starting a new paragraph every sentence? It's quite an odd style and inhibits expression beyond the superficial. All it does is make everything sound like a hackneyed truism and inhibits the development of any sort of argument-flow.

Obvioulsy I echo the sentiments but why does he insist on starting a new paragraph every sentence? It's quite an odd style and inhibits expression beyond the superficial. All it does is make everything sound like a hackneyed truism and inhibits the development of any sort of argument-flow.

I think that's more to do with the Echo's way of life than Dan's writing style. I've noticed it quite a lot in the Echo, and newspapers in general.

I think that's more to do with the Echo's way of life than Dan's writing style. I've noticed it quite a lot in the Echo, and newspapers in general.

Ok - well I only read the Saints stuff on the Echo so if that's the case and Dan is being edited badly then I apologise to him. :)

I'm Dan Kerins.

AND I can spell his, er, my name.

15295_417695575195_523315195_5631828_5721428_n.jpg

Who's the brunette?

She has everything right, not wearing colours, drinking pints, quite attractive...

... then she goes and f*cks it up by wearing that stupid bow in her hair.

Edit: It also looks like her head has been photoshopped on.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

Who's the brunette?

She has everything right, not wearing colours, drinking pints, quite attractive...

She's too slim for you Stu

Who's the brunette?

I'm also marrying her in 3 months' time. And she's got a home shirt on under her coat, so no need to worry yourself about it. :cool:

I'm also marrying her in 3 months' time. And she's got a home shirt on under her coat, so no need to worry yourself about it. :cool:

Couple of questions...

1) Can you have a word with her about that bow in her hair?

2) Does she have any sisters?

3) Can I come to the wedding?

Couple of questions...

1) Can you have a word with her about that bow in her hair?

2) Does she have any sisters?

3) Can I come to the wedding?

1) I like the bow once a while.

2) Twin sister. Who is also getting married, and has a baby. :D

3) If you haven't had an invite already you're not getting one "I'm afraid".

Precisely. This is one of my pet peeves with journalistic style. Many newspapers tell their reporters to make every sentence its own paragraph. I presume they believe it makes the article easier to read - but, as benjii points out, it actually makes it harder. Grouping sentences into paragraphs makes the writing easier to read, not harder.

Are you then?

Can you write an article about me please? I wasnt to be as famous as Mr Illingsworth.

How just one letter changes a whole sentence.

"I wasn't to be as famous as Mr Illingsworth, but then, one day, fate took a hand and etc etc etc..."

Are you then?

Can you write an article about me please? I wasnt to be as famous as Mr Illingsworth.

A SAINTS fan has spent ages posting on the Internet.

Going by the name StuRomseySaint, the coach and beer magnate has created a cult of adoring fans.

However, his love of all things made of tight, red and white nylon and led some to question his choice of attire.

One - who asked to remain nameless, said: "He's like Nick Illingsworth, but with more Saints shirts."

StuRomseySaint could not be contacted for comment.

A SAINTS fan has spent ages posting on the Internet.

Going by the name StuRomseySaint, the coach and beer magnate has created a cult of adoring fans.

However, his love of all things made of tight, red and white nylon and led some to question his choice of attire.

One - who asked to remain nameless, said: "He's like Nick Illingsworth, but with more Saints shirts."

StuRomseySaint could not be contacted for comment.

Excellent. Call my secretary for a few quotes and a free signed picture of me.

What a stoooooooooooopid typo. :-(

How embarrassing. :oops:

Yeah, well you made it and now you are just going have to live with it. It's not going to be easy, I know, but you should have thought of that before you casually decided not to bother with any attempt at copy editing or proof reading.

Let that be a lesson to you.

Yeah, well you made it and now you are just going have to live with it. It's not going to be easy, I know, but you should have thought of that before you casually decided not to bother with any attempt at copy editing or proof reading.

Let that be a lesson to you.

I am a busy busy man, I only just got back to reading it, if only someone hadn't quoted it then I might have got away with it.

This is hard to take, what a balls up... a good start if I want to be like Mr Illingsworth. :-)

Golden Thread IMO

Anything with pics of me on it is Golden as far as I'm concerned. Also, I got to virtual-cck-block SRS after he said something almost nice about my bird which was mildly amusing too. :smt113