Honorary Lions Fans for Friday Night..?

St Landrew

Huddersfield V Millwall.

Let's not beat about the bush here, this is as Saints related as St Marys Stadium, albeit for one night only. Here's a stat of note:

I pointed this out the other evening but I'll say it again; assuming Saints do win all their remaining matches - if Huddersfield lose against Millwall, they MUST WIN ALL their remaining games to go into the playoffs, and one of those is against other rivals Colchester United.

Of course, if Saints don't win their remaining matches, I think we can kiss the remotest playoff chance goodbye, and consider we've had a season of great fun, and building, toward Season 2010/11.

Colchester's fortunes are a matter for Saturday.

Anyway, here's one Lions supporter [and counting] for Friday night only. :)

Edited by St Landrew
'Cause I'm an idiot.

If Huddersfield draw against Millwall and draw against Colchester they will not make the playoffs even by winning the rest of their matches.

Sorry mate you've not got that quite right. If they draw both those games and win their other two they will have 79 points, which is more than we can get.

We need them to lose one and draw one if we win all ours.

Mod's note: Post since edited.

Edited by St Landrew
Made aware of mistake

Sorry mate you've not got that quite right. If they draw both those games and win their other two they will have 79 points, which is more than we can get.

We need them to lose one and draw one if we win all ours.

You're right. I don't know why I didn't see that. :confused:

I'll edit the post, cheers.

If Huddersfield win tonight, then its got to be as good as over one would think. How is our luck tonight I wonder? It is a massive massive game for both of them as well as for us. I hope this is the last time I ever have to support Milwall. Dreadful club through the years

Yep SS1.

I cant see us making it personally, think Colchester are too strong at the moment. Would be one hell of an interesting last few games if they were to lose away at Hartlepool this weekend, but :(

Colchester have just lost their best player for nine months. o' Toole

Frank Queudrue may miss their next game and there's panic they man have to re-call the chap from Hamilton to play up front.

Lisbie's card did win its appeal however.

Fingers crossed:prayer:

Errr, I have always followed Millwall ( and randomly West Ham ) as second teams.

West Ham - Because that is where the old dears side of the family hail from.

Millwall - Because my cousin played for them when I was younger.

I am not into this 2nd and 3rd team thing. Too confusing. Only time I do it is when i'm cheering against skates or man u. Its hard work telling my korean students that I hate Rooney except when he plays for England. And there are screams of horror when i say the same about disliking Park. 1 english team only as far as i'm concerned

I am not into this 2nd and 3rd team thing. Too confusing. Only time I do it is when i'm cheering against skates or man u. Its hard work telling my korean students that I hate Rooney except when he plays for England. And there are screams of horror when i say the same about disliking Park. 1 english team only as far as i'm concerned

I went to watch Millwall a few times when my cousin played for them and have alot of hammers in the family.

I wouldn't really call them a second team thinking about it, more a case of I look out for their results and want them to do well.

We're assuming Millwall will go all out for a win, rather than play for a draw in this one and exert themselves in upcoming games?

Have to hope they have the stomach for a battle tonight, as I expect Udders will go all guns blazing.

Millwall are still in with a good chance of automatic promotion, they will want that and will be playing for 2nd spot.

We only need Colchester to drop 2 points for us to be able to finish level, so if Huddersfield lose tonight, and then they draw the game with each other. We win all our games and we make it. Its still do able, just wish all the times when we really looked like pushing on we didn't have these silly defeats.

We really can do it. :prayer:

Yep SS1.

I cant see us making it personally, think Colchester are too strong at the moment. Would be one hell of an interesting last few games if they were to lose away at Hartlepool this weekend, but :(

Hartlepool have plenty to play for. Their position isn't quite as comfortable as it looks. They have to answer a charge of playing an ineligible player (he was suspended) in a match they won. I would imagine they will get a points deduction.

I went to watch Millwall a few times when my cousin played for them and have alot of hammers in the family.

I wouldn't really call them a second team thinking about it, more a case of I look out for their results and want them to do well.

Fair enough, horses for courses. My dad is West Ham and I don't give a monkeys. Most of my mates are Derby and I am happy to see them get a beating.

The only difference to me is if you might know a player, manager or associate of a club currently employed, in which case you wish them well.

Tonight we are all on the milwall bandwagon though. We have probably just tripled the most fans they have ever had. If they win then by tomorrow I won't hate them anymore. Fickle game

Fair enough, horses for courses. My dad is West Ham and I don't give a monkeys. Most of my mates are Derby and I am happy to see them get a beating.

The only difference to me is if you might know a player, manager or associate of a club currently employed, in which case you wish them well.

Tonight we are all on the milwall bandwagon though. We have probably just tripled the most fans they have ever had. If they win then by tomorrow I won't hate them anymore. Fickle game

Well I was a kid at the time, my cousin is at Swindon now in a coaching role and was their manager at one point... I still f*cking hate the c*nts though... not sure why, I just can't stand Swindon :twisted:

We really need Willmall to win this. I've only just got bragging rights back from the mrs's Dad and Brother when we beat Hudders at SMS. From the away game to us beating them was non-stop p*sstaking from them! (Fortunatly I was at sea for most of it)

If Willmall win tonight then we have a chance. Hudders win and I think they've sealed 6th. Hopefully they used up all their luck against Warsaw the other night!

OOO

. Its still do able, just wish all the times when we really looked like pushing on we didn't have these silly defeats.

Yes quite.

Tranmere away and Swindon at home should have both been drawn at very least.

Yep SS1.

Check the last 6 games for form and we are ahead with 5 wins and 1 draw, Milwall 2nd with 4 wins and 2 draws, then Huddersfield with 4 wins 1 draw and 1 loss. Colchester are a fair way down with 1 win 2 draws and 3 loss's.

I think Colchesters run in is easier than Huddersfields but it looks like both of them are having a shakey time of things so the final table is still up in the air at the mo.

We won't get promoted and Huddersfield will win tonight, there, you can all stop worrying about it now.

Thanks for that,

Can someone give Alan Pardew a call and let him know its not worth putting a team out for the remaining fixtures and not to worry. ;)

To be fair, I dont think anyone expects us to get promoted but everyone expects us to keep trying until its mathmatically not possible. The play-offs are still possible even if it will take a few other results going our way. If we get there then we have as good a chance as any to get promoted. If we dont then at least we gave it a good effort and we will be in a strong position to push for automatic promotion next season.

Dont see anything to worry about in that lot but plenty to get excited about.

If Huddersfield win tonight, then its got to be as good as over one would think. How is our luck tonight I wonder? It is a massive massive game for both of them as well as for us. I hope this is the last time I ever have to support Milwall. Dreadful club through the years

Well, I'm not so sure.

They could still quite conceivably lose to Colchester and if we win all our games that would take it down to the last game of the season where a draw at Exeter would not be enough for them. If we're 2-0 up and cruising and they're battling away at 0-0 anything could happen.

Just a scenario, but I won't be lsing too much sleep if they win.

Thinking of sticking a few bob on Huddersfield to win - ease the pain if they do though it will still f**k up tomorrow and the rest of my weekend till I adopt Stockport, Exeter, Colchester i.e. whoever they've got to play as my second fav clubs; if they lose or draw, im emotionally quids-in. Come tuesday evening want to be 2 points behind and giving them sleepless nights.

MIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Not at all. They are more than capable of losing to any of the other three teams they are facing. Most notably the away games, despite the lowly opposition.