Yeovil (0) v (1) Saints,post match chat...

saint lard

Was just on the phone to my Newcastle supporting mate. Fortunatly he was watching SSN as well or I think I would have deafened him when we scored!!! He saw it and pulled the phone away!

There is still a slim chance we can sneak in! You just never know with this season! How much will we miss Morgan though? Think that might be significant!

OOO

what a result, this shows that the bunch of players have the ability to roll their sleeves up, down to 10 men, hang on in there and snatch a 1-0 lead.

that is what champions do, which is what we'll be next year if we don't make it this season.

the worry i have though is how we'll get on without Morgan, who is a key figure in that midfield - it's the one area of the team where we have pretty much no decent cover, other than Wotton and Gillett.

maybe pard's could play - Punch - Hammond in the middle, Lallana, Antonio on the flanks and Barnard and lambert up front?

pretty attacking, but what the hell.

Colchester win next saturday and (assuming we win all our games) we will be a point behind Huddersfield.

hudd's have stockport away next week, Colchester @ home is their penultimate game.

Still a tough ask - but we're hanging in there, we're doing all we can which is all you can ask for.

Charlton have Exeter away followed by Leeds at home. If we carry on winning, we could be in a position to overtake them on the final day if they only manage 1 point from 6.

It could be a previously unforseeable way into the play offs.

Huddersfield should beat Stockport next week. I think we're gonna need Colchester to beat them at their place to overtake them. Don't worry about Colchester now - we must win all games to get in the play offs, and if we do that, we will be above them. They are GONE.

I'm fxcking relieved we won that, not only because our play offs hunt is still on, but it saves the usual suspects coming on here and whining and moaning and complaining and criticising. At least they'll be kept at bay until at least Tuesday night.

Thankyou Lee Barnard, and Pardew for making the right substitutions. Since when do we score late winners?!

Curse that 10 points deduction! We'd be 4 points from 2nd place and automatic promotion with a game in hand! Guess that must surely be enough to silence the Pardew doubters...

anyone with any football knowledge will be able to see what an amazing job he has done, considering the shell of a club he came into -10 in the third tier.

this season has so far gone beyond my expectations, and i thought i was being quite positive with my prediction of a 10-12th finish!

Nah let Hammond play the deeper role and put Puncheon or Lallana in the centre as the playmaker, leaving Antonio on the right wing and Barnard back in up front. COYR!

Preferably Lallana in midfield with Puncheon and Antonio wide and Barnard up front with Rickie.

Well done firstly to Pards for making the changes. Goal created by super-sub Waigo and scored by super-sub Barnard! Sounded like the lads realised how important the win was & that anything other than 3 points was game over for this season.

Great spirit from the 10 men too. Morgan's stupid sending-off means his season is finished. We are sure gonna miss him too - especially at home where he seems to play his best football.

Finally - the play-offs remain an almost-impossible task as we all know. But - there is still a slim chance - so we have to keep focussing on winning every game left & just see where that takes us.

Great result today though & a good battling performance (under huge pressure) from the 10 men.

:D

Get the **** in brillant result this team really keep going. Is our new best formation 3-2-4?:D AP gambled and won, isn't nice to have game winning subs on the bench? No Morgan for the last few games could be annoying.

On a different note Solent's commentry was bad to day twice we put on subs without the commentry team even noticing. Mean while Dave Merrington seemed more interested in bigging up Yeovil than telling us what the hell was going on on the pitch:mad:.

COYR

if huddersfield: W1 D1 L1

and we: W4

we will be in the play offs

Yeah... and if charlton D 1 L 2 they could be caught also (as could swindon if they lost all 3 and we won 4).

Unlikely but keeps it interesting if nothing else...

Yeah we had the old Ted Bates 4-2-4 almost for a while (Paine, Chivers, Davies, Sydenham) 'cept with Spider off, it sounded like a 4-1-4 FFS

Well done the coaching staff!! Great tactical bravery, how much better does it feel to win late rather than drop late points!!

Top stuff from all - fans too, wish I coulda been there.

I'd like to see Waigo & Barnard rewarded with starts on tuesday. Move puncheon into the middle and really try and bury oldham. Need a stockport miracle next week. Wish we could loan them a few players!

As with Millwall last night :mad:, I will be an honourary Stockport fan next Saturday!:D Hopefully with a much better outcome!