Saints vs. Southend build up thread...

markr27

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Davis

Semi Jaidi Fonte Harding

Antonio Puncheon Hammond Lallana

Lambert Barnard

Possibly

Fonte and Martin will play at the back, Antonio right wing and Barnard up front with Lambert.

If Antonio isn't involved in the squad, you could assume he won't be staying next season?

I'd start Oxlade-Chamberlain, he always seems to be coming on imminently, but then never quite makes it across the line!

I thought Barnard went off injured on Saturday and therefore could be doubtful?

If fit, I'd start him over Connolly.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I am going to get steaming again and hope to watch more than the 30 minutes I watched at Gillingham.

WoOoOooOoOoooP!

Back on the extreme ironing Stu?

Must win game. :smt043

Anyhow, Rickie will get his prize. Hopefully we'll see the JPT paraded around by the players and AP. It would be good to see an end of season message from Markus or NC setting out their visions for the club during the summer and next season.

I hope we win 4-1 with Rickie scoring first. Big money if that happens. :) Head says a lazy day 2-1 win. Think we'll see all the regular 1st teamers so probably Fonte and Jaidi/Seaborne at CB, with Semi and Harding making up the defence. Midfield I would say Antonio or Puncheon, Lallana and Hammond in the middle. Wouldn't like to call Hammonds partner - don't think it will be Gillet, James or Wotton to start but who knows? Up front it will be Lambo and Connolly I suspect as I think Barnie has an ankle injury.

Can't wait for the game TBH - seems like ages since the last one - and I'm going to be somewhat deflated at the end knowing its the last one.

Come on you white 'n red saches! ;)

I wonder what the difference is in prize money between 7th and 8th is? Probably not enough to matter, but I'd still like a win please. I'm in two minds as to whether Pardew should play our strongest side or give some youngsters a run out, give a chance for those towards the end of their contracts a chance to impress and a farewell performance for a couple of the oldies.

So that would be either:

-----------Bart

Semi---Perry---Jaidi---Mills

James--AOC---Wotton-Holmes (if by some miracle fit, Preen otherwise)

-----Papa----Connolly

or

----------------Kelvin

Semi------Fonte-----Seabourne----Harding

Antonio--Puncheon----Hammond----Lallana

----------Lambert---Barnard

I wonder what the difference is in prize money between 7th and 8th is? Probably not enough to matter, but I'd still like a win please. I'm in two minds as to whether Pardew should play our strongest side or give some youngsters a run out, give a chance for those towards the end of their contracts a chance to impress and a farewell performance for a couple of the oldies.

So that would be either:

-----------Bart

Semi---Perry---Jaidi---Mills

James--AOC---Wotton-Holmes (if by some miracle fit, Preen otherwise)

-----Papa----Connolly

or

----------------Kelvin

Semi------Fonte-----Seabourne----Harding

Antonio--Puncheon----Hammond----Lallana

----------Lambert---Barnard

Is there prize money??

I'm not at all sure that there is.

Anyway AP was quite clear last saturday afternoon, strongest available side will be fielded against Southend, surely that's definite enough for anybody and there can be no discussion whatsoever. Usual 1st 11 with Morgan replaced by Antonio.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I wonder what the difference is in prize money between 7th and 8th is?

No prize money in this league unfortunately, that only applies in the PL.

who cares - we dont need it :D

I think the wife will find me something to do on a Saturday afternoon after tomorrow, no she won't I will be on the golf course.

Nothing more than a good home will do to send us away with a spring in our step ready for the big promotion push next season, 4-1 I hope.

This isn't the Premiership.

Did you mean to post something informative along the lines of "there isn't any positional prize money at this level of the football pyramid" in which case thank you I was unaware of this or have you genuinely only just noticed we're not in the Premiership?

Not going myself as Pardew is certain to use the match as a last-gasp contract renewal session for squad players that frankly doesn't ring my bell at all. If he doesn't know who to kick out Rrse first by now he's a dimmer twit than I gave him credit for. See you all next season for more of the same!

Not going myself as Pardew is certain to use the match as a last-gasp contract renewal session for squad players that frankly doesn't ring my bell at all. If he doesn't know who to kick out Rrse first by now he's a dimmer twit than I gave him credit for. See you all next season for more of the same!

Pardew has stated he is going to play his best team.

So you can come. :)

So , apart from the fact that Pards has stated on more than one occasion, that he will field his strongest side and Arsenal are at home this weekend......

What's new?

You really don't read or listen to anything Pardew says do you?

Always look forward to this one, although only an option in recent years - born in Southend in 1966 (Rochford Maternity Hospital) and moved to Southampton in 1976.

Only ever supported one team.

3 - 1 written all over this one I feel!

COYR:cool:

Edited by Charlie2008

If it isn't a 3-0 home win today to the Saints - I will run naked one whole lap of SMS at the full-time whistle. Now there's confidence for ya!

;)

Well that will put a damper on my £250 bet winnings when Rickie scores first in a 4-1 win! Oh well, small sacrifice I suppose. ;)

If it isn't a 3-0 home win today to the Saints - I will run naked one whole lap of SMS at the full-time whistle. Now there's confidence for ya!

;)

I don't think you'll make it to first base before being rugby tackled , oh well enjoy listening to the radio commentary next season while you serve your banning order. I'll be there and watching.

Radio solent have strangely tweeted that Marcus not at the game today.

possibly because he couldn't get a flight? /or may not have been able to get back.

British airspace is about to close again according to reports.

Radio solent have strangely tweeted that Marcus not at the game today.

I read on Saintslist that he has requested that no programmes are on sale today as there was something in there offensive.

I assume as there is nothing to play for, he's just spending some time with his family.

Anybody at the ground?

I'm hearing a strange rumour and need to know if there are any programmes available.

Sciatica ruling me out, on all sorts of fairy potions to control the pain so I cannot attend.

I read on Saintslist that he has requested that no programmes are on sale today as there was something in there offensive.

I assume as there is nothing to play for, he's just spending some time with his family.

My source also! :confused:

100% gospel from the Radio Solent reporter who has a very close contact at the club.

Something's happened. I think it's either Pardew's last game or our last game under Liebherr's helm.

100% gospel from the Radio Solent reporter who has a very close contact at the club.

Something's happened. I think it's either Pardew's last game or our last game under Liebherr's helm.

if that is the choice....I hope it is the former..

maybe it was markus and NOT NC putting the pressure on pards

also, I remember a poster claiming that it had been agreed that pardew was a goner before today...of course he got laughed at and rightly so..

I hope this is all bollix

Or maybe NC's for letting AP spend and not get promoted.

Hmmm