Clarkson: The end of an error

doubleonothing

Mr J Clarkson on Mr G Brown:

HE made a mess of things when he was in control and now, by resigning, and opening the door for an unworkable Lib-Lab pact, it seems he's going to leave us with an even bigger one.

It is often said of unpopular leaders that history will treat them kindly.

People said that of Thatcher when she went.

They even said it of Major, for his part in helping solve Northern Ireland. But I doubt very much historians will have anything but scorn for Brown.

He squandered our gains on stupid vanity projects in the good times and ran about the place like a headless chicken, throwing hole punchers at people and printing money like a demented forger when everything went bad.

He even managed to sell all the country's gold when prices were rock bottom. And what did he spend the money on? Health and safety courses for hospital outreach consultants. That's what.

The fact is this: other countries are now well and truly out of recession. Some never went there in the first place.

We did though and we're still bumping along the bottom now with massive debts thanks to Brown.

Gord riddance to the Scottish idiot.

From today's Sun.

Think Clarkson hits the nail on the head there!

HE made a mess of things when he was in control and now, by resigning, and opening the door for an unworkable Lib-Lab pact, it seems he's going to leave us with an even bigger one.

They even said it of Major, for his part in helping solve Northern Ireland. But I doubt very much historians will have anything but scorn for Brown.

He squandered our gains on stupid vanity projects in the good times and ran about the place like a headless chicken, throwing hole punchers at people and printing money like a demented forger when everything went bad.

He even managed to sell all the country's gold when prices were rock bottom. And what did he spend the money on? Health and safety courses for hospital outreach consultants. That's what.

The fact is this: other countries are now well and truly out of recession. Some never went there in the first place.

We did though and we're still bumping along the bottom now with massive debts thanks to Brown.

From today's Sun.

WTF does that fat headed idiot know? Populist shyte for Sun readers, no more, no less.

I would guess that more of the country agree with him than those who dont

I would guess that the Sun is about the only paper he can write a political column for tbh. Plus the Star of course. He's a right wing muppet like Dune in many ways.

I would guess that the Sun is about the only paper he can write a political column for tbh. Plus the Star of course. He's a right wing muppet like Dune in many ways.

He does however write a column for the Times which whilst not political does look at society in general

He is a columnist in The Times aswell.

Admittedly both are Tory and Murdoch owned papers.

I don't doubt his ability to write about cars and general observational stuff. He trained as a journo. I doubt his understanding of politics.

From today's Sun.

Clarkson is a complete ****

Skates love the Tories

What a ridiculous thing to say, especially as you do not have one shred of evidence to back it up. They obviously love them so much that Labour had both MPs in the two Portsmouth constituencies until this election, when they lost one, but retained the other. The very same thing would have happened in Southampton if it had not been for UKIP saving Denham's bacon. So you might as well say that Southampton loves the Tories too. :rolleyes:

So you would vote for him Dune? You may as well vote for Esther Rantzen.

I wouldn't vote for him because he's not a political party but on things such as climate change and political correctness he says exactly what I think.

You do realize over 60% of the people voted against the Tory's.

And in Southampton the majority voted for Labour.

Do be a bit more precise. 60% of the electorate voted for candidates other than the Conservatives. You have no evidence that they all voted against them, merely that they did not vote for them. If you stick with that assertion, then you infer that anybody who voted for Labour or the Lib Dems only did so to keep out the Conservatives. I'm sure that the two Labour MPs in Southampton and the Lib Dem in Eastleigh will be pleased to know that nobody voted for them, but that they only got the votes because those votes were against the Conservatives :rolleyes:

Skates love the Tories

I think this may be because they had such a good Conservative MP in Portsmouth North between 1979 and 1997. Peter Griffiths was one of my all time favourite Conservatives.

What a ridiculous thing to say, especially as you do not have one shred of evidence to back it up. They obviously love them so much that Labour had both MPs in the two Portsmouth constituencies until this election, when they lost one, but retained the other.

Not true. Portsmouth South has been LibDem since 1997. It was largely Conservative before that. Hasn't had a Labour MP ever, since the constituency was created in 1918.

Portsmouth North was Labour up to this election, but only just. It was about 8th on the list of target seats.

Not true. Portsmouth South has been LibDem since 1997. It was largely Conservative before that. Hasn't had a Labour MP ever, since the constituency was created in 1918.

Portsmouth North was Labour up to this election, but only just. It was about 8th on the list of target seats.

Semantics really, as Han**** had been in the Labour Party in his earlier days and was elected MP for Portsmouth South in a by-election for the SDP, which was a breakaway faction of the Labour Party.

Who the **** does Jeremy Clarkson think he is? I'd like to see him try and do the PM's job... On second thoughts, no I wouldn't. The man's a complete ****!

You have to laugh at all of this righteous indignation because somebody who is known for his forthright views in the media dares to express an opinion about a failed politician.

I didn't see you on here spouting forth whenever Ian Hislop or any of the Labour Luvvies makes fun of any Conservative politician.

Care to condemn Hislop now, in order that we can consider your views to be balanced?

No, I didn't think so. It's all OK having all the flak going one way towards the right of the political spectrum, but the left is sacrosanct, isn't it?

If you'd watched Have I Got News For You recently you would have seen Ian Hislop lambast the Labour Government and its ministers.

Ian Hislop always makes fun of whosoever is in power. It's his job - he's a satirist. To quote from his Wiki entry:

"Hislop has been highly critical of all major British political parties for over 20 years"

You have to laugh at all of this righteous indignation because somebody who is known for his forthright views in the media dares to express an opinion about a failed politician.

I didn't see you on here spouting forth whenever Ian Hislop or any of the Labour Luvvies makes fun of any Conservative politician.

Care to condemn Hislop now, in order that we can consider your views to be balanced?

No, I didn't think so. It's all OK having all the flak going one way towards the right of the political spectrum, but the left is sacrosanct, isn't it?

What are you waffling on about? What has Ian Hislop got to do with my dislike for Jeremy Clarkson? My hate for him has nothing to do with politics. The man is an idiot. And before you start, I base my judgement on the fact that I had the misfortune to work with the man.

Semantics really, as Han**** had been in the Labour Party in his earlier days and was elected MP for Portsmouth South in a by-election for the SDP, which was a breakaway faction of the Labour Party.

Semantics my arse. How many voters, ondering their choice, thought "I'll vote for Han****, I remember him leaving Labour for the SDP which was basically Labour anyway, so I'll vote for him instead of the Labour candidate". Just admit you got your facts wrong.

Ian Hislop is the editor of Private Eye, which makes it its business to root out lies, corruption and general bad practice that goes against the pledge of ALL political parties to do the best for britain. This is achieved through detailed study, whistle-blowers and True investigative Journalism.

Jeremy Clarkson is a ****, who engages in dickery, and spouts dickish thoughts in his columns, for the sake of entertaining dicks, and making profit off the back of his ****-headedness.

HTH.