Dickson bid

Graffito

There are a lot of decent facts within that report. I'm not suggesting that adds any credibility to the rumour, it just makes a nice change to read something in the press that isn't full of errors.

We have been linked with hm for a while. I saw this before in The London Paper before it went out of business. Looks like a well researched article.

Supprised, unless he is a fantastic player and too good to be missed. We have very food cover at left back, on of out stronger positions.

I've no idea why we need another left back - harding was quality last season

if harding is injured all we have is Mills.

no disrespect to Mills, but he's not the perfect player.

This is all about squad depth and squad options, and it's good that we're in a position to be able to add to the squad with good players, rather than filling it with average cover players.

surely AP just doesnt want to condemn Mills to the LB position at such a young stage (which would stunt his development), especially as he has a good cross on him and could potentially be a good traditional winger. Good call if we bring him and Inigo in, would bring a nice bit of balance

I thought Harding did well at RB when he played there last season. If the lad from Brighton isn't coming maybe AP is going to play him there next season?

He was brilliant as a stop gap, and played a blinder in the final, but that won't happen. We will sign a class right back. It's important the full backs get forward and cross the ball. Harding at RB won't be able to do that!

I thought Harding looked really uncomfortable at RB in the cup final.

He was outstanding. His defending and positioning that day showed how well he has developed as the season went on. He was always going to be weaker on his right foot, but that was expected.

He was outstanding. His defending and positioning that day showed how well he has developed as the season went on. He was always going to be weaker on his right foot, but that was expected.

i kind of agree, his footballing brain made up for the horrible akward wrong footed challenges/fouls he was doing and the level of opposition he was up against made it fairly easy for him as well.

It would be a massive waste to play one of the best LB's in the league on the right in anything other than an emergancy

i kind of agree, his footballing brain made up for the horrible akward wrong footed challenges/fouls he was doing and the level of opposition he was up against made it fairly easy for him as well.

It would be a massive waste to play one of the best LB's in the league on the right in anything other than an emergancy

+1

Why buy a left back and move our current left back out of position. Leave Dan where he is and buy a right back, that would make far more sense. After all, we have NO right backs in the squad at the moment.

+1

Why buy a left back and move our current left back out of position. Leave Dan where he is and buy a right back, that would make far more sense. After all, we have NO right backs in the squad at the moment.

Didn`t AP say that he wanted 2 good players for each position??

Harding wont be playing RB next season because Burley isn't running the team anymore. It would just be another Skacel at LB situation. Two decent games as a stop gap, then after two years we're all moaning about how he hasn't delivered.

We don't need a LB, we have two very competant LBs. Mills was my MOTM against one of our strongest opponents (Ipswich in the cup) last season, I have no problem with him covering if Harding gets injured.

Holmes out and a quick left winger in please. A left footed Antonio so to speak. Does this bloke fit the bill?

Harding and Dickson competing for the LB position, with Lallana and Mills fighting for LM?

Dickson can also play LM so gives us another alternative.

Maybe Mills will be sent out on loan to further his development?

Yeah good point - whats the point in having good back up in positions. Player never get injured or suspended.

We only need a squad of 15.

Bring back Lowe

We have Mills who is a perfectly good backup LB. I would rather save money on wages and transfer fees for 2 RBs and a CM.

Dickson would not be a back up hth. He's probably the best left back in the league. I love Harding but having watched Brentford more than most this season (My housemate is a Brentford fan) I can tell you now than Dickson attacking wise is much better and is probably as solid as Harding too. Brentford defensive record is very good (Mainly down to the Arsenal Keeper it must be said) and losing Dickson is going to be a massive blow to them (My housemate and his mates are gutted).

Remember he's the player that skinned half our team in the game at St Marys, I can't remember but I think he had a hand in the goal at there place too. He's there biggest attacking threat according to my housemate, sounds very much like Bale was for us in 2006.

Mills is an ok backup....perhaps this guy is much better?

No Mills is excellent back up. He is young and progressing, but able to do a decent job when called upon. I doubt either Dickson or Harding would be too chuffed about spending a whole season in the reserves.

No Mills is excellent back up. He is young and progressing, but able to do a decent job when called upon. I doubt either Dickson or Harding would be too chuffed about spending a whole season in the reserves.

Building a team to compete in the CCC now. Mills is ok in L1

Pointless signing we don't need. Please don't sign.

He is probably the best left back in the league just in front of Harding and can play on the wing. What would be pointless about signing one of L1's best players?

Weird one. Doesn't Seaborne also play as a Left Back ?

Not really. According to Exeter fans, he was woeful when they were forced to play him there. The only position he has played well in to date is the left side of the centre back pair.

(I wonder how he'd play on the left side of a back three?)

Mills isn't solid enough at the back for me, better in front of Harding. If we sign Dickson it will be as cover for Harding, or to play left back if Harding covers right back.

Or it might simply be that AP feels Harding needs competition for his place to get the absolute best out of him and therefore signing a proven LB to provide that competition seems a sound idea. If Dickson wants the slot then he will have to prove he is better than Harding to get it. Sounds like good management to me.

Interesting, i thought it was one of his best games for us!

I thought he played well but looked very uncomfortable and I don't see why you would want to take an outstanding player and play him out of position when we could sign someone who actually fits the description of a Right Back. Had enough of players playing out of position over the years tbh.

Well, I'll take Hopkins' word as my opinion is only formed on the games I've seen him in. I thought he looked pretty useful, and fits the bill in terms of age. If it is true, I think it is the end of Holmes tbh as someone else suggested. That'd given us Harding/Dickson and Mills/Lallana/Puncheon still. Which I quite fancy.

Dickson would not be a back up hth. He's probably the best left back in the league. I love Harding but having watched Brentford more than most this season (My housemate is a Brentford fan) I can tell you now than Dickson attacking wise is much better and is probably as solid as Harding too. Brentford defensive record is very good (Mainly down to the Arsenal Keeper it must be said) and losing Dickson is going to be a massive blow to them (My housemate and his mates are gutted).

Remember he's the player that skinned half our team in the game at St Marys, I can't remember but I think he had a hand in the goal at there place too. He's there biggest attacking threat according to my housemate, sounds very much like Bale was for us in 2006.

I think this will happen as it was reported in the Evening Standard this year as well plus I seem to recall people posting on here that AP likes this player. Could he be playing left-wing? I also believe that AP will move for another out of contract player in London, Adomah at Barnet. We'll face stiff competition for him, including Forest as Billy Davies likes him although whether Davies is still there next week is another matter!

Building a team to compete in the CCC now. Mills is ok in L1

We have 4 left sided players as it is with Harding, Mills, Holmes and Lallana. Get rid of Holmes and get in another decent LM and that's good enough cover. Puncheon can also play on the left and we still need rid of Molly. If we bring in another LB, at least one of them will just get p*ssed off and leave come January.

The right side should be priority, where we have Puncheon and b*gger all else.