Cardiff v Blackpool

Thedelldays

Although I would not begrudge Dave Jones a return to the Premiership,the same can't be said about their supporters getting there.

Not a particular fan of Holloway but yes,good job this year,and hope Blackpool go up.

Either of them are likely to do a 'Burnley' though.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Well there are plenty on here capable of doing that, I'll leave TDD to them. He frightens me ;)

He's 3 foot 6 tall and built like a blade of grass.

This is the best game of football i've seen in years, it's absolutely amazing! Really hope Blackpool win now, they've just not stopped trying all game. Having said that, they'll be straight back down next season, Cardiff have a much better squad.

41c on the pitch as well! :rolleyes:

Sooo... they finished 32 points off of Newcastle and still go up...

Saints finished 13 points off of 2nd, including the 13 point deduction, and still missed out on the playoffs...

That's football I guess.

Omerod is a legend though :D

Saints finished 13 points off of 2nd, including the 13 point deduction, and still missed out on the playoffs...

That's football I guess.

13 point deduction ?

That's football I guess.

And 9 points shy of third place as well, which is probably a bit of a p*isser for Forest fans now. Mind you thats the play offs for you I guess - come in 6th and get promoted, beauty if it's your team, but 3 teams feeling pretty sick.

All of that said - well done to Blackpool. I think they'll be a 'one hit wonder', but lets just hope they enjoy the ride.

All of that said - well done to Blackpool. I think they'll be a 'one hit wonder', but lets just hope they enjoy the ride.

Even if they do go straight back down, they've guaranteed themselves £88 million pounds of extra income over the next 5 years, which is a damn site more than many so called bigger clubs in the Football League will be able to generate. i don't know about their current debt situation but if it's negligible, they could easily build to at least become the next West Brom (yo-yo club).

Well done to Blackpool, saw on SSN that they have the lowest average attendance in the Championship ( 8611 ) this season. It could be very embarrassing for them against some of the smaller teams if that doesn't improve.

The capacity before the South-West corner was opened was only @9000, it is now up to @12000. Now they can afford to finish the job, the total, when completed, will be 16000, still too small for the Prem, but they know they aren't stopping.

Well, let's hope that unlike Pompey they don't spend all the money on wages: an improved ground and possibly training centre would be something for the future as I really can't see them staying up.

In an interview yesterday Olly said that isn't going to happen because that is not the way he does things. It's about finishing the stadium, giving the players better training facilities and securing the long-term future of the club and having a good deal of fun on the way.

In an interview yesterday Olly said that isn't going to happen because that is not the way he does things. It's about finishing the stadium, giving the players better training facilities and securing the long-term future of the club and having a good deal of fun on the way.

fair play to them...

olly was on a decent bonus to keep them up this season

good manager