The Show-Off / Idiot Prediction Thread

The9

Come on, we've all got quirky ideas of what might happen, get them down here for maximum glory or utter humiliation.

Doesn't matter if it's group winners, score predictions, outsiders you think will make the semis or what. Put them here, or save the "I told you so"s for off the board.

I'll start :

• South Africa and Mexico to qualify from Group A
  • Holland to reach the semi finals (Denmark might beat them in the group though)
  • No goalscorer in North Korea v Portugal on June 21
  • Ghana won't score more than 1 goal in the tournament
  • USA and England will BOTH make the QF (and maybe further).

Paraguay to make at least the Quarters.

Not a bad shout given the crappy group they're in, but they'll have to beat one of Italy (to win the group) then most likely Denmark or Holland to do so...

England not to get through the group. Shock loss to USA, then win their second game only to concede a 90th minute penalty in the 3rd to see us go out on goal difference. Uruguay will be the suprise package making it all the way to the semis, with Diego Forlan winning the Golden Boot.

England will win their group, play Serbia in the Last 16, win that, play France in the quarter finals, win that, and lose to Brazil in the semi finals. Final will be Brazil vs Argentina, Argentina will win.

Suprise team of the tournament will be Japan, losing to Spain in the quarter finals.

Biggest team to go out in the group stages - Portugal.

I think Italy will go out in the first knock round, they only reason they will get that far is the easy group.

Mexico will be the shock team of the tournament.

South Africa will be the first world cup where a host nation hasn't made it past the group stage.

USA are just a hard working and fit side not anything special. They will probably finish second in our group and then lose to Germany.

that is it..hard working sides are the norm..

seriously, jozy altidore..???

dempsey would struggle to get into our side..

jay de merrit..?

the only reason they will look half good against us is because it is the first game and it will be the usual scrappy affair..

that is it..hard working sides are the norm..

seriously, jozy altidore..???

dempsey would struggle to get into our side..

jay de merrit..?

the only reason they will look half good against us is because it is the first game and it will be the usual scrappy affair..

I think only Dempsey, Donovan, Howard and Bradley would get into our squad, the rest of them are fairly average.

We should beat them comfortbly.

I had a dream where Ghana won the World Cup. Don't see it happening though.

I have them in the sweepstake at work so i hope you're right.

Paraguay to beat Italy and win their group and make the last 8

Uruguay to win their group and also make the last 8

Brazil not to get out of their group

Heskey to score Englands opening goal of the tournament

England to be sent packing on Sunday 27th, after losing to Germany.

New Zealand to come second in their group F, but get knocked out by Holland in an embarrassingly close game.

Spain not to conceed until the Semi Finals.

South Africa to knock Argentina out of the cup.

Mexico to play Brazil on the 6th July in Cape Town.

This is the worst yet, not one of these things will happen. Couldn't be putting up with him looking to the stars for his dead ma everytime he scores.

I'm sure your mum must be very proud of you.

WTF has that got to do with it??? strange child. Are you a fan of public out pourings of emotion, did you throw a flower on Dianas coffin?

Sorry me a strange child?

I make my suggestions and you shoot them down just because i say Lampard (The highest scoring midfielder in premier league history) could possibly be the top scorer in the world cup.

USA are just a hard working and fit side not anything special. They will probably finish second in our group and then lose to Germany.

The Germans will probably contrive to finish second in their group, to get an easier path to the Final. So they'll probably meet us in the round of 16.

Prediction: They beat us on penalties (3-0, three England penalties missed/saved), and I throw my TV out of the window.

Holland beats Argentina in the Final. I buy a new TV.

Can't believe anyone will put money on Italy to do anything, they are an ageing squad that lacks any world class goalscorers, Pirlo is the only man that makes them tick and will be man marked throughout, fact is, if it wasn't for an easy group i would say they would crash out at the group stages.

Germany a good shout though, not only hardworking as usual but have a touch of class these days, though i think Villa will be on fire and perhaps Podolski to be top goal scorer for ze germanz.

As for fat frank, he is the top goalscorer in premier league history etc etc but the fact is Chelski build a team around him, with two defensive midfielders and a big man upfront. England don't.

I have got a bet on Nilmar being in the top 4 goalscorers at 10-1, slapped a tenner on that one.

[*]USA and England will BOTH make the QF (and maybe further).

[*]

Last 16 I am confident, quarters more confident in USA tbh but not yet sure we won't find top gear and brush everyone aside until a showdown bruising yellow and red card fest final. I detected a look in the players eyes at the end tonight that tells me that for once they want it as much as the fans.

COME ON ENGLAND.