Response from club re: Installment Plans

StuRomseySaint

You have already recieved a response from The Club via email regarding this matter. We note that you have subsequently sent more information to The Club regarding payment plans offered by third parties, and we thank you for your time and effort in getting this information collated.

As we stated in our original response, the payment plan was withdrawn due to the high costs associated in administering such a scheme. The club has made this clear, and will not be either changing this decision or entering into a debate on this subject.

Firstly, I think they have mistaken me for someone else, because they did not actually respond to me in the first place, I took the excuse of costs being high from other peoples replies.

So there you go, they stick by the reasoning that there is high administrative costs to the club, even though I have proven to them it is not ( if I was not stating facts I have no doubt they would have issued me with a letter from their solicitors )

So think what you will of that.

Me? I will cherry pick a few home games and do mostly away next season.

For now, there's more important things than SFC. Come on England!!!

I can see the ticket office sitting at their computers awaiting the replies to this Stu. It is a somewhat terse reply from my standpoint, but I suppose they get loads of well meaning fans trying to tell them how to run the business.

The tone is not like one you would normally get from David Luker and so I suspect NC has made it plain that ' no debate' will be entered into.

I hope you replied Stu.

Nope, I am off down the pub in a minute. That's their standpoint and if they are going to lie, then fair do's, and if people are going to accept them lieing, fair enough. Some people might have been interested in the response and it's now put to bed.

I can see the ticket office sitting at their computers awaiting the replies to this Stu. It is a somewhat terse reply from my standpoint, but I suppose they get loads of well meaning fans trying to tell them how to run the business.

The tone is not like one you would normally get from David Luker and so I suspect NC has made it plain that ' no debate' will be entered into.

It is a 'we will not enter a debate because you are right' and the excuse "high administrative costs" is complete bullsh!t.

Can't you just ssh about this topic its getting old..

The club have explained why, move on..

The Club have NOT explained why..... they have simply given a Kr*p, pathetic mumbo jumbo rheteric

I'm not advocating CHEAP Tickets ... I will gladly pay MORE in the future

But I DO want Season Tickets, and I want the right of being able to Pay over a few months for those less fortunate than Cortese

Cortese HAS killed a lot of the Feel Good Factor, and IS alienating the FANS that stood by the Club Last Season

As has been rightly stated, the Club incurs NO COSTS to run an Instalment scenario

Cortese has ignored that

I've stated elsewhere, British Fans are Different to most others. We do not like being treated with contempt

Someone else tried that as I recall

I think SRS's issue is that the club's reasoning appears to be totally flawed...

Correct, and as I have been so public about their lies, I am pretty sure if I wasn't backing it up with facts, then they would have sent me a letter threatening legal action ( it wouldn't have been the first time they have done this to someone ) .

I gave them FACTS why their excuse about costs was rubbish and they send a response back saying they won't enter a debate but it was due to high administrative costs.

But anyway, there is absolutely no point in going back to them again, so as I said, this is the last thread on the subject.

Once again it is getting filled up with people who were not affected by the removal failing to show any fellow Saints fans who HAVE been affected by it any compassion. But I guess that's what happens in an internet forum when you give people the safety of an anonymous username.

Ultimately, as I stated a few times, supporters will end up with the club they deserve.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

Just what we need - another thread created by SRS complaining about the club's handling of the installment plan issue.

It's the sign of an ego-maniac when he interprets the club saying "We will not enter into a debate on this issue" as "You're so right Stuey, however could we doubt you?".

Let it die FFS, they're not doing it this year. End. Of.

Just what we need - another thread created by SRS complaining about the club's handling of the installment plan issue.

It's the sign of an ego-maniac when he interprets the club saying "We will not enter into a debate on this issue" as "You're so right Stuey, however could we doubt you?".

By commenting on this thread you are not letting the thread die are you Simple Mikey.

I passed on details which I had recieved from the third party companies who confirmed there is ZERO cost to any club in administration. The club respond with " it's due to high administrative costs "

If you were making a complaint about something and they responded with a blatant lie... would you accept it? As I said though, there's nothing more to say to the club as they have made their stance clear that they have no interest in their supporters charter or supporters engagement policy.

Let's hope their next decision doesn't affect you eh?

So Stu is it just a case of allowing this to happen and doing nothing? What happens when they try it on again in future?

The club is very much a 'like it or lump it' club in everything they do now. This forum is full of simpletons that just want to oppose things when in reality, they all know that the club is treating its fans badly and people like Mikey would have a different opinion away from their laptop, I am sure of that. I certainly haven't met one person yet in the real world that thinks that the removal of the scheme is acceptable.

Anyway, pub and England awaits.

And they won't be doing it NEXT year either.

Can't you SEE what the new doctrine will be ??? NO thought whatsoever for US .. you know FANS ... theones that stood by them last season

They THINK they can do whatever they like. At the moment perhaps they can, and if you are quite content with a completely impersonnal Titular Head in charge. then good for you .... but SOME "customers" are NOT happy

By commenting on this thread you are not letting the thread die are you Simple Mikey.

I passed on details which I had recieved from the third party companies who confirmed there is ZERO cost to any club in administration. The club respond with " it's due to high administrative costs "

If you were making a complaint about something and they responded with a blatant lie... would you accept it? As I said though, there's nothing more to say to the club as they have made their stance clear that they have no interest in their supporters charter or supporters engagement policy.

Let's hope their next decision doesn't affect you eh?

Is it really a blatant lie though? Everything to do with club administration will ultimately incurr costs somewhere along the line.

There are about 4 or 5 other threads on this subject in which people have given adequate reasoning against your argument, so instead of wasting my time typing out another one myself, I would ask you to re-read the numerous other threads created by you about this particular subject matter.

Kthxbai.

I wasn't really too fussed, but sticking by the "administrative costs" reasoning when it has been proven by a third party to be otherwise is a tad worrying.

Besides, what happened to wanting and welcoming feedback/debate from the fans? I wonder if there will be a fans forum this year...

It's a bit sh*tty that they have not actually taken the time to respond when TBF to you, have put a good deal of effort into the email and information.

You know also that i don't agree with all the reasoning you have put forward but i promised i wouldn't get into that again.

To me it is simple. The club offered a FREE instalment plan. The costs of Administering the same did not justify continuing. They withdrew this season.

They could have set up a third party instalment plan but the customer would have to pay a rate of interest. That rate was under the control of the finance company NOT the club.

If someone wants to take out a loan to cover the immediate cost of the season ticket they can do that independently.

The only real issue is the late notification to supporters who relied on the club scheme but they were getting something for nothing, ie free loan over the years.

Is it really a blatant lie though?

How would you describe it then?

Club says "we're not running an installment plan because of the high administrative cost to the club"

Fan does research, discovers there are options which cost the club precisely zero (where the cost is passed on to the customer)

Club says "we're not running an installment plan because of the high administrative cost to the club", in direct opposition to the facts presented to them.

Everything to do with club administration will ultimately incurr costs somewhere along the line.

Not if the cost is passed on to the customer.

It's an absolute ****ing sham and I'm absolutely appalled that so many people cannot (or refuse to) see what's happening here.

Is it really a blatant lie though? Everything to do with club administration will ultimately incurr costs somewhere along the line.

There are about 4 or 5 other threads on this subject in which people have given adequate reasoning against your argument, so instead of wasting my time typing out another one myself, I would ask you to re-read the numerous other threads created by you about this particular subject matter.

Kthxbai.

There is plenty of threads on it and this thread is just about closing the subject.

Is it a blatant lie? In my opinion yes. People talk about administration costs etc... that's exactly what Premium Credit/Zebra get paid their fee for... dealing with the administration, pretty much all of it. Certainly no more than a few man hours a week are needed once it has been incepted. Defaulters are insignificant when talking about the deliberate ones which screw the club. The internal system last season was done in a rush so no doubt they had a few nightmares about refer to payer of insufficiant funds DD bounces.

This season they didn't need to use that system, they could have used a third party companies, one of which has worked with Southampton previously. Both of them confirmed to me that they had not been approached by Southampton FC for the 10/11 season... so that proves 100% FACT that the club never even looked into it... so how the club can give cost as a reason when they never even got a quote proves its pretty much a blatant lie as it gets.

Anyway, the subjects even boring me now!

Edited by StuRomseySaint

I wasn't really too fussed, but sticking by the "administrative costs" reasoning when it has been proven by a third party to be otherwise is a tad worrying.

Besides, what happened to wanting and welcoming feedback/debate from the fans? I wonder if there will be a fans forum this year...

That will be a big indicator IMO. If there is not one (or tickets are controlled in some way so that only people chosen are invited) then that will be the time that I get even more worried and I hope a few others may express similar feelings to myself.

The problem is Stu that you are wrong to say the scheme has NO cost to the club. They still need to administer it in SOME way, even if they are not the company responsible for operating such a scheme. Whether that be sending out forms to potential customers, or simply getting a list of interested customers and forwarding it to a credit company for them to then take control of. In this way there has to be some level of indrect cost (staffing etc) to the club in running such a scheme and you continue to not recognise this.

Now of course you can argue that you feel this isn't a "high" cost, i.e. argue against their description of the cost, but you'd be fighting a losing battle here becuase at the end of the day it remains their decision as to whether or not they wish to meet this cost. They evidently don't, hence no scheme. In their eyes, any unnecessary cost could be deemed to be 'high'.

So yeh you can say it reduces the good feeling you have about the club becuase you hoped they'd care more than that etc, that's fair enough but it remains subjective. In other words, it comes down to what you expect from the club. You can't say they're liars etc though as it simply isn't true.

I personally hope you stop bleating on about anyway as it really is tedious. I don't think you're gaining any further followers to your cause from those that agrred with you on the very first day. In fact, I'd say you're probably losing people's interests by failing to move on. Several times now you've said "I'm not saying more on the subject" or words to that effect, only to continue to debate the matter again at a later stage. On that logic, I hope you don't bother to reply to this post. ;-)

That will be a big indicator IMO. If there is not one (or tickets are controlled in some way so that only people chosen are invited) then that will be the time that I get even more worried and I hope a few others may express similar feelings to myself.

I suspect it'll be a one-to-one interview with Cortese on Radio Solent where questions and comments are pre-screened for "suitability".

They could have set up a third party instalment plan but the customer would have to pay a rate of interest. That rate was under the control of the finance company NOT the club.

Wrong Weston.

The finance company has a fee which they charge each month for each premium collected. It's up to the club if they want to pay that fee themselves ( ie Interest Free plans ) or pass it on to the customer. It is up to THE CLUB to decided on how and what interest rates are charged, the finance companies have a fixed fee.

To me it is simple. The club offered a FREE instalment plan. The costs of Administering the same did not justify continuing. They withdrew this season.

If someone wants to take out a loan to cover the immediate cost of the season ticket they can do that independently.

The only real issue is the late notification to supporters who relied on the club scheme but they were getting something for nothing, ie free loan over the years.

I dont disagree with you on the financial analysis but the whole thing stinks really

They bring out a Charter and then renage on it.

Most clubs offer an installment plan to help fans but not SFC very sad day - Profit before fans some including me may not go very regularly especially as I have to pay more as I dont live in Southampton

Firstly, before I fly out the door, I must say how amusing it is that people click on a thread titled " Response from club re: Installment plans " and then state how boring and tedious etc etc the subject is.

What did you expect the thread to be about? Knitting? Latest Cricket Stores? Best place to go and buy a garden rake?

It's pretty obvious what the subject is about so it's pretty retarded that you find the subject boring yet can help not only reading the thread, but feeling the need to comment on it!

On a last note, the reason for putting the response up is because it just now shows that we now have a very much 'like it or lump it' club. If that's your cup of tea then fine, but it will come and bite you in the arse sooner or later. Nobody expects the club to change the way they run their business if they think this is what is a success... but a football club relies on the rapport built with fans.

How many businesses do you know that remove a core benefit for their membership and don't even have the courtesy to say " We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause " , let alone simply justify their position.

That really is all.

Firstly, before I fly out the door, I must say how amusing it is that people click on a thread titled " Response from club re: Installment plans " and then state how boring and tedious etc etc the subject is.

What did you expect the thread to be about? Knitting? Latest Cricket Stores? Best place to go and buy a garden rake?

It's pretty obvious what the subject is about so it's pretty retarded that you find the subject boring yet can help not only reading the thread, but feeling the need to comment on it!

On a last note, the reason for putting the response up is because it just now shows that we now have a very much 'like it or lump it' club. If that's your cup of tea then fine, but it will come and bite you in the arse sooner or later. Nobody expects the club to change the way they run their business if they think this is what is a success... but a football club relies on the rapport built with fans.

How many businesses do you know that remove a core benefit for their membership and don't even have the courtesy to say " We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause " , let alone simply justify their position.

That really is all.

That really is the key point to it all. If these decisions which I disagree with were explained then I doubt I would have much of an issue.

Nope, I am off down the pub in a minute. That's their standpoint and if they are going to lie, then fair do's, and if people are going to accept them lieing, fair enough. Some people might have been interested in the response and it's now put to bed.

good.

Get over it mong. I'm sure the club are crying into their cornflakes now they've lost a fan who stands in the concourses all game trying to get as many pints as they can down their gullet before the masses come down.

But a lot of these fans who used the installment plan,supported the club through the dark days.

Dont forget most ST holders would have seen two relegations,yet still wanted to buy a ST.I think your stance towards SRS is wrong and you show an arrogant attitude towards fellow fans which is sad.

The club is so wrong with the way it has treated us fans and the fact it doesnt care,just shows the contempt it has for loyal fans who have stood by the club through thick and thin.

The problem is that too many fans after supporting the club through years of crap have been blinded by the Liebherr and **** Cortese headlights. They simply cannot accept that the club is anything less than perfect and want to gloss over obvious problems so as not to rock the boat. I am not affected by the instalment plan withdrawal. I am also not affected by the ticket tax on away tickets due to being a member of London Saints. That doesn't mean I can't see what's happening. I haven't renewed my ST yet and am still undecided whether to do so. Living near London midweek games are a bit of a pain. I also missed two or three Saturday home games last season due to doing other stuff. From being 100% certain of renewing, that percentage is now far less. Football club owners treat fans like **** because they know they can get away with it.

All I would say is that if you decide not to renew your ST because of the non instalment plan or make a conscious decision to go to fewer games because of the ticket tax then contact the club and let them know. They might think think you haven't renewed because they couldn't be arsed to send out reminders.

Can we not have a poll about are we happy with the clubs new ticketing policy, and or what we are unhappy about ie, what do you think is wrong: a) no instalments b) lack of information regarding renewals c) ticket tax for match day purchases d) ticket tax for on line buying e) i am happy with new policy or f) the club is taking us for a bunch of womans bits!