Response from club re: Installment Plans

StuRomseySaint

not sure what you mean.

Will check the laptop to see if it is still there. Maybe available from Solent site

He probably means its a lie, you're a liar, Cortese is a liar and the world is unfair - but he'd still like you to do him a favour and dig the podcast out.

not sure what you mean.

Will check the laptop to see if it is still there. Maybe available from Solent site

I made a post yesterday about certain people on here who seem to do nothing else than disagree with people, yourself being one of them. There is about half a dozen of you that seem to crop up on every thread shouting and screaming in favour of Cortese, even on threads which have no concern to you.

I suggested that you are either lonely people who don't feel accepted or heard in the real world, either that or employees of the club.

One thing is for sure though, by devoting so much of your time arguing the odds, you are actually keeping the threads open and the topic alive, when if you ignored it, the thread would dissapear.

Yourself and others seem to be Corteses walking propaganda army. That's my opinion. Anyway, I am all showered and it's off to watch the football. Enjoy the game and maybe take a little time to reflect on why you spend enough time on here to mount up 10,000 posts, and as I said to others, consider getting a girlfriend or taking up a hobby, sitting on the internet all day and night arguing with anonymous people through the medium of the internet does seem to show a lack of social skills.

10,000 posts? I would get out more if I was you.

consider getting a girlfriend or taking up a hobby, sitting on the internet all day and night arguing with anonymous people through the medium of the internet does seem to show a lack of social skills.

Nick G average 8 posts a day since joining. Dave Benson Philips average 10 posts a day since joining.

Edited by buctootim

I can only assume it was a lie.

I will put Radio Solent on and listen in for news bulletins, as if it is not a lie, then it would have to be on today, as I certainly have hear nothing of the sort ( or anything ) from Mr Cortese on the radio for a long, long time.

I post a fact.

You call me a liar.

You say I post disagreeing with people!!

Anyway he is the lie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/8565914.stm

29 mins in.

Try not to get personal.

Nick G average 8 posts a day since joining. Dave Benson Philips average 10 posts a day since joining.

Nick G - Over 3 years.

DBP - Over 3 weeks.

3 years... 8 posts a day for 3 years? Wow, that is come going. I will be gone again as quick as I have entered, it does seem there are a few people on here who like to play the role of forum king, so will leave you all to fight for supremecy and watch on, whilst laughing hysterically at someone who posts 8 times a day for THREE YEARS on an internet forum. Wow. I wish I was as great as him.

Thank you. Have you listened to interview -hope its of interest.

Yes, yes I did. He is talking about JPT tickets, and the biggests codswallop excuse ever, because he was selling the tickets on behalf of a third party ( who would then give them the ticket money back ) , so the booking fee was quite obviously, to make money.

I think the most ironic comment from him on there was comparing buying a ticket to going to the bank.

There we have it, proof in the puddings as they say, Cortese comparing running a football club to banking. I think I can see where he is going wrong now.

19C banned. Dave Benson Philips new prolific "controversial" poster. Coincidence?? Mmm.....

to have Lenny Henrys mug looking at me everyday, makes me want him to disappear. Though somebody who has opinions and will give them is always good to have on here

19C banned. Dave Benson Philips new prolific "controversial" poster. Coincidence?? Mmm.....

Somehow drop MLT's name into this fred or hark back to the good old days of footie violence when we didn't have to worry about booking fees and you'll soon find out :lol:

Edited by ericofarabia

Ladies, commenting on a thread whilst England are playing really is not cool. Can I suggest that in future the admins have a cooling off period during England games to force people down the pub to watch it.

Me? I've been out with my pals watching the game, slightly dissapointed, but anyway, I have to play football tonight. Sometimes, when you have a social life like mine, you need to make time for some fitness to balance things out.

It's a hard life being me, but evidently a considerably better one than Nick G's ( although credit where credit's due, he did manage to stay off here during the football, last post 14:34 = Respect Nicholas )

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Why is he banned

It's to give him a chance to sort out his multiple personality disorder, without the strain of having to be witty and succinct on the forum.

Care in the community, if you will...

His 'banning' didn't change his personality any though did it??

Anyway I'm bored of this fred and I have a life to live (sic)

The fact you put in your location when you reached 1000 posts like it is some form of personal achievement suggests actually they you don't have a life.

Anyway, what are your plans for the weekend Tim?

The fact you put in your location when you reached 1000 posts like it is some form of personal achievement suggests actually they you don't have a life.

I find it amusing that Spadeface has created a new username because he is so desperate to post on this forum, despite promising us all lots of times that he would no longer be posting, and then still has the balls to insult others for the amount of time spent on here/posts they have.

Take your own advice, fatty and a get a life. Instead of wasting time on here, get yourself down the gym and lose some of that excess weight.

I find it amusing that Spadeface has created a new username because he is so desperate to post on this forum, despite promising us all lots of times that he would no longer be posting, and then still has the balls to insult others for the amount of time spent on here/posts they have.

Take your own advice, fatty and a get a life. Instead of wasting time on here, get yourself down the gym and lose some of that excess weight.

You couldn't be further from the truth.

I have reported you to the Admin team.

You couldn't be further from the truth.

I have reported you to the Admin team.

You know, if there is one thing I really hate, it is people who grass other people up. Despite his frankly laughable attempts to alter his identity, clearly SRS is a grass. I'm afraid, Stu, that while you may alter your username, you can't alter your personality...

I had that inkling too: great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ?

Have to say I've more time for SRS than for DBP tho.

I am not sure SRS used to post stuff that was interesting to discuss

Although I disagreed with some of his comments they were well put out.

Why is a ticket for a football match any different to theatre/concert/cinema tickets. On virtually all of these you have to pay a booking AND sometimes an administration/handling charge as well. Recently I booked two tickets for the local cinema online and had to pay a booking fee. This infuriates me. It is a rip-off but it is the ways thing are across the board. Why should football ticket be any different??

How about because the clubs expect fan loyalty? Do you consider yourself to be a supporter of The Odeon? I doubt it.

I didn't say Football Clubs, I said online selling agencies!!

But that's the point Saints DO NOT deal with their own online/tele ticket sales anymore.

It's now handled by a call centre in the West Country somewhere!

So our local community-minded club can't be arsed to employ local people, and charge local people extra for the privilege?

So our local community-minded club can't be arsed to employ local people, and charge local people extra for the privilege?

Big Bad Bob is talking what is commonly known as codswallop .

The ticket office deal 100% with the distribution of tickets, during times of high demand the club sub-contract extra staff from a call centre is Barnstaple. All online sales are dealt with by the club directly. If anyone is sad enough to have an envelope still from when they last ordered an online purchase, I am sure their location stamp will be Southampton

Cortesse believes that having a booking charge is more open than including it, hidden, within prices - Radio Solent intervew which was a few months ago to stop any confusion or posters finding something else to argue about!!!

It might be "open", but if you reserve a coffee-maker from John Lewis, do they charge you a reservation fee? So when the product is a football match instead of a coffee-maker why should they charge you extra? Its selling costs should be included in the price.

It's like shops who want to charge you extra for using a credit card because they pay a charge to the CC company. But if I pay by cash they have to cash up, bag up, take it to the bank blah blah. If I pay by cheque they usually have to pay bank charges for handling the cheque, but the shop doesn't charge me for that either, it's all in the price.

We have meekly accepted all these add-ons, and just because others charge them it doesn't mean that the club has to adopt these distasteful practices.

Edited by hughieslastminutegoal

blah blah blah ..........you don't have a life you are all saddos posting on the web, not like me.

Anyway, what are your plans for the weekend Tim?

Nice of you to ask Stu - but its unwise to get into a big. dicks 'I am' ****ing contest when you are totally unarmed.

I flew out to Nice on Thursday and was driven to a very hotel in Monaco where my American girlfriend and I had a suite overlooking the harbour. Thursday evening was a yacht hop, visiting 10 different mega yachts worth £20m +. It was a work trip so had organisational stuff to do Friday morning but in the afternoon got taken to a remote beach on one of the yachts for lunch. In the evening went to black tie ball at the Hotel de Paris and was introduced to Prince Albert. Saturday very nice lunch and afternoon spent chilling. Evening was a diamonds and white party. Drove along the riviera this morning to Genoa where am now waiting for flight home.

Hope your attempt to cop a fumble on the sofa from your mate's slack girlfriend was the experience you richly deserve.

Edited by buctootim

It might be "open", but if you reserve a coffee-maker from John Lewis, do they charge you a reservation fee? So when the product is a football match instead of a coffee-maker why should they charge you extra? Its selling costs should be included in the price.

Just playing devil's advocate, but they do charge a delivery fee if you don't go in-store for the purchase. Likewise with the club, if you go to the club for your ticket (before the day of the game) there is no extracharge.

I don't for one minute agree with the booking fee and think it is a complete con; that said, there are "some" costs involved with the distribution of match tickets, though I very much agree that these should be subsumed into the total price. Either that or the price for sending out tickets should be more proportional to the actual cost (say £1) rather than a blatant money-making scheme.