New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Whoever gets the job it is highly likely that because of the time this has taken they were probably NOT first choice and that we have been turned down by one or two.

We willprobably now go into the swindon game with Wilkins in charge as the new man will not of had time to be with the players. I just hope we put up a better show than last week and last year against them whatever happens.

Whoever gets the job it is highly likely that because of the time this has taken they were probably NOT first choice and that we have been turned down by one or two.

We willprobably now go into the swindon game with Wilkins in charge as the new man will not of had time to be with the players. I just hope we put up a better show than last week and last year against them whatever happens.

if we appointed quickly people would have moaned about rushing it!

I agree

I think MLT is absolutely right

What sort of man is going to accept the Terms of being SFC Manager ???

A YES man to Les Reed and Nicola Cortese, which is exactly what it is

Call me a liar if you wish, but do you think MLT is one as well ???? In the p[osition he is in, he would have access to much more "insider" info than me

I think Cortese ha scaught a cold by one or two of his "choices" actually turning him down

It's a Funny Old Game Nicola, a Funny Old Game, some people do not want to be your PUPPET

Got to say I feel the same way about Shearer, but would like a good assistant alongside him.

I would love to see Shearer come in. Working alongside Dowie would be perfect, they have worked together before, Dowie has worked with Reed and they both love the club.

Similarly though I agree with the Four Four Two article previously posted. I see Southgate in a similar light to Shearer, a manager who had a lot of potential and under difficult circumstances got relegated from the Premier League. Managers like this should be given another chance otherwise a flock of 'good young English managers' will continue to come through and then put on the waste pile when they have one bad season.

only thing I know for a fact is that Brown was interviewed and said he wants to be part of our set up and work for Cortese. One vote for him! Guess someone will accept so that will be at least two interviewed who were ok with it. Howe also sounded to me like he wanted it.

Who are these one or two choices who have turned him down?

Radio Solent main 7 news

"saints were in talks late last night with Adkins and announcement expected within 24 hours"

reported as fact rather than sources.

Which means that the talks were not to Nicolas liking, and Adkins won't be Manager

If the talks had been successful, then Adkins would have been announced as Manager, with a Press Conference arranged

Looks like the First one to agree to be a Puppet is Cortese's 8th choice

Happy Days at St Mary's

Which means that the talks were not to Nicolas liking, and Adkins won't be Manager

If the talks had been successful, then Adkins would have been announced as Manager, with a Press Conference arranged

Happy Days at St Mary's

What a stupid post. What a hysterical tart

only thing I know for a fact is that Brown was interviewed and said he wants to be part of our set up and work for Cortese. One vote for him! Guess someone will accept so that will be at least two interviewed who were ok with it. Howe also sounded to me like he wanted it.

Who are these one or two choices who have turned him down?

I didnt say they had i said it was a possibility in my opinion, was pardew first choice, was houllier first choice for villa we will never know.

All i was trying to say ( poorly maybe ) was that it has taken quite a while if Adkins was our first choice.

I didnt say they had i said it was a possibility in my opinion, was pardew first choice, was houllier first choice for villa we will never know.

All i was trying to say ( poorly maybe ) was that it has taken quite a while if Adkins was our first choice.

I was referring to richmond making things up, sorry if not clear

Happy Days at St Mary's

Cortese isn't stupid. He wants to get to the Prem. He will only do that by picking a good manager which Adkins seems to be

Im getting sick of this small mindedness just because he isnt a big name. He has achieved with a small club so lets see what he does with a bigger one!

Funny press always considered Brown and Adkins good and likely candidates, sounds like both interviewed and potentially happy to drop to 3rd division for us and Cortese.

But on here, Cortese has failed if he doesn't appoint O'Neill, Keegan or Shearer - who else around the country would have thought them likely?

So we reckon that NC has probably interviewed about 5 or 6 managers now. Seems like Adkins took training for Scunny yesterday then had his interview in the evening.

Yet we had one "low numbers" poster hinting yesterday that there was still one more to interview today.

How can an Interview process have suddenly changed to a Adkins is to be announced today meeting?

Whilst it is obviously possible that this will be the case, I do not see how NC would suddenly alter the way he has been working all week. Adkins ONLY had his interview last night so how could he have been NC's favourite for the day or two before hand? and, IF there is one more today it all sounds like more smoke mirrors and guess work.

Is it really a case of last man standing? or is NC continuing to follow a (pretty professional) process he has been buried in for the past week?

If the Echo say it is going to happen, then it is NOT Adkins. I really do not think it will be. Has not resigned at Scunny so has not been offered the job yet, or has not signed. I think everyone has got a little lost with what is going on.

Any wrong information could be 'leaked' out of SMS to send a curveball. The thing that does not add up is that Scunny or Adkins have not come out and said that he is 100% not going to Southampton. So I still believe like any interview he has not had the call to say if he has or has not got the job. All this means that NC has not made up his mind yet, and is still interviewing. Just like if you or me when for a job interview.

Cortese has considered that an old school manager may not be the way forward. Adkins is obviously no mug as the Echo pointed out...

"Adkins is one of the most qualified football managers in the leagues, with a sport psychology diploma, a business and finance degree, UEFA coaching badges and experience from the ‘applied management in professional football’ course at Warwick Business School.

On top of all that he is a trained physio – the role in which he originally joined S****horpe"

Without opening a debate on the Woodward farce, IMO if we are to be a progressive club then we need someone who has played the game, managed and nurtured players, moved up the leagues with his overall approach including using the right tactics with the available resources, can employ modern sports approaches, and fundamentally understands football as a business too. For Cortese this may have ticked more boxes than he expected.

If the Echo say it is going to happen, then it is NOT Adkins. I really do not think it will be. Has not resigned at Scunny so has not been offered the job yet, or has not signed. I think everyone has got a little lost with what is going on.

Any wrong information could be 'leaked' out of SMS to send a curveball. The thing that does not add up is that Scunny or Adkins have not come out and said that he is 100% not going to Southampton. So I still believe like any interview he has not had the call to say if he has or has not got the job. All this means that NC has not made up his mind yet, and is still interviewing. Just like if you or me when for a job interview.

It is adkins, confirmed by S****horpes chairman. Adkins and his assistant have agreed to join, but comp still to be agreed between clubs - but hopes that will be done today.

Happy Days at St Mary's

In my experience you would conduct ALL the interviews BEFORE offering anyone then job wouldn`t you? If there are still interviews going on then surely NO-ONE has been offered the job and thus NO-ONE has yet turned us down?????

Nigel Adkins Red & White Army

Good luck to him he is obviously talented having got promotion twice from this league and on a budget so lets get behind him and get our season back on track.

I am going to Swindon Saturday it will be interesting to see the fans reaction I hope it is positive we have to give the guy a chance to see what he can do.

Glad the speculation is over lets get back to football get behind the club and get Fuffing promoted UTS