New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

You just KNOW NC and the crew at SMS have been having as much fun this week as we have. I can see them all now over a celebratory bottle of Chianti Classico with our new Manager Jose Mourinho PMSL'ing themselves at having led the Press such a merry dance...

Can you BELIEVE some of the stuff they wrote on that forum about Adkins of all people.... How funny was THAT, and as for the Echo at 2:30 - Brilliant! That will teach those bstds to mess with The Nico

If you had the power to have this much fun you would do it. I think it is all a wind up and AP will be on the touchline on Saturday at Swindon!

Too many wind up merchants on here. I do not beleive for one minte that adkins is a done deal

whoever it is I will wait for the official annoucement on OS site.

And whoever it is they will have my support. IN NC I trust

One thing for certain its not houlier

Agreed!

You just KNOW NC and the crew at SMS have been having as much fun this week as we have. I can see them all now over a celebratory bottle of Chianti Classico with our new Manager Jose Mourinho PMSL'ing themselves at having led the Press such a merry dance...

Can you BELIEVE some of the stuff they wrote on that forum about Adkins of all people.... How funny was THAT, and as for the Echo at 2:30 - Brilliant! That will teach those bstds to mess with The Nico

I wonder if that might be near the truth (not the Mourinho bit obviously); but I can't help thinking we MIGHT be in for a surprise.

Lowe did it with Burley, when it looked nailed on for the Dutch pair. I don't recall many AP rumours before he appeared. And we know NC likes to keep things close to his chest. Coulld AAdkins be a cover?

I wonder if another Lawrie/KK style unveiling is possible in this day and age?

(I suspect not to be fair...)

If you had the power to have this much fun you would do it. I think it is all a wind up and AP will be on the touchline on Saturday at Swindon!

There was a quote from the Saints Twitter site earlier today mentioning Tractor Saint, Costa Coffee at the Airport and the Grand Harbour, so yeah I think the way it has swung backwards and forwards is a classic.

To the guys pulling the strings - well done, have actually enjoyed this week, it's been fun, we've been analytical, and TBH this forum has been far more of a sensible debating point than for ages.

Only occassional bursts of "my opinion is more right than yours"

To the guys pulling the strings - well done, have actually enjoyed this week, it's been fun, we've been analytical, and TBH this forum has been far more of a sensible debating point than for ages.

Agree - it's been pretty funny the silences then occasional posts from official saints. The next hook is out there to them but they haven't bitten yet though - hmmm

Did like the quote on twitter about "Oh God. Not Phil Brown. Anyone but Phil Brown." and then the response around Hoddle or Redknapp and he retracted :)

So Mr DP - who you on twitter?

There was a quote from the Saints Twitter site earlier today mentioning Tractor Saint, Costa Coffee at the Airport and the Grand Harbour, so yeah I think the way it has swung backwards and forwards is a classic.

Even better is the weekly round-up on Saints Player - the old gaffer tape routine - we're total putty in their hands.

100% agree, I have been on this site for 4 years and only had around 500 posts in that time, and I have posted around 200 in a week, now that says it all. It has been really interesting in here with most people not being serious all the time. Back to my 1 post every couple of weeks soon then!

I was more interested in the Costa Coffee at the airport, the manager could have been sir alex, I just did not know they had a Costa and I love costa coffee, sad but true!!

Agree - it's been pretty funny the silences then occasional posts from official saints. The next hook is out there to them but they haven't bitten yet though - hmmm

Did like the quote on twitter about "Oh God. Not Phil Brown. Anyone but Phil Brown." and then the response around Hoddle or Redknapp and he retracted :)

Lol I didn't see that one. Saw the twit having a dig at Paul hart and then a retraction later kind of cause of sounding arrogant or somit. Lol

Hear that Mark hughes has not settled at Fulam, and has not been mentioned on here much? Also WGS is not happy and cannot settle at Boro.

Long shots and we would have to pay off two clubs but surely they are in the running or have been?

That's one hell of a dream team!

That's one hell of a dream team!

That would be one hell of a pay off, and I am not sure they could work together. Very long shot, but it was lack of backing why WGS left as he could not improve the squad. I would like to see him with money at this level.

I am really lost with this now, but I though more people would be interested in WGS.

I am still sure it will be someone that is not mentioned much or at all. Completely out of the blue.

Hear that Mark hughes has not settled at Fulam, and has not been mentioned on here much? Also WGS is not happy and cannot settle at Boro.

Long shots and we would have to pay off two clubs but surely they are in the running or have been?

I've got WGS on the I told you so Thread.

The Gossip (ie unsubstantiated rumours) back in May were that NC had Hughes lined up to replace AP. Stranger things have happened

But never to us

I am many things but I ain't no Twit.

I did register to read some of the stuff about the Skate court case, but feck no way I want the ex wife, divorce lawyers, customers etc to know what I get up to all the time!

I know that Adkins has a better managerial record than Shearer and I don't know why but I would just prefer Shearer over Adkins

It's because he's a name and has a big reputation within the game, but those alone are not strong enough reasons for him to be our manager IMO. As i said, he'd need help alongside him.

I did register to read some of the stuff about the Skate court case, but feck no way I want the ex wife, divorce lawyers, customers etc to know what I get up to all the time!

Hence why I'm tractor saint and not xxxxxx_xxxxx :) (name removed to protect the guilty and innocent)

Surly they only need to have an account on here to find out what your doing all the time? ;)

Dowie was with him at Newcastle and would fit in with the two ex-Saints that have supposedly applied..

Really can't see Keegan as an assistant and dont think we'll get a DOF, surely thats too similar to Les Reed's job title?

I'm not so sure. Keegan got Arthur Cox in as assistant in his early days and may feel the role would suit him now. less pressure and more fun.

I'd love Shearer as boss. I think he'd do a similar job Keane did when he took over at Sunderland. Lambert, Barnard and all the strikers would learn heaps off him. He'd attract players and the feel good factor would be fantastic. St Mary's would be buzzing. Just my own feeling that this would be a great time for both Shearer and Saints.

I'd love Shearer as boss. I think he'd do a similar job Keane did when he took over at Sunderland. Lambert, Barnard and all the strikers would learn heaps off him. He'd attract players and the feel good factor would be fantastic. St Mary's would be buzzing. Just my own feeling that this would be a great time for both Shearer and Saints.

Got to say I feel the same way about Shearer, but would like a good assistant alongside him.

Now torn between somebody who has virtually no experience but has the ex Southampton and Big name factor and is one of the best centre forwards ever and has a Prem Medal etc etc going for him versus a guy who i didn't even know existed until y'day and has got an unfashionable club promoted then relegated and then promoted again from the the league we are presenntly in ..... just hope Shearer interviews well and gets a super duper back up team.

I'm not surprised we haven't got a new manager yet.

A source tells me that Nicola Cortese spent 7 hours with the Sports Editor of The Sun today.

This - combined with the three hours he spent with the same man yesterday - explains why he hasn't had the opportunity to appoint a manager yet IMHO...

Love how the amount of time Nicola spent with the Sun sports editor is escalating. I heard they've moved in together.

I always thought Shearer would be a **** manager, you only have to listen to him talk to know that. I actually made some good money betting against Newcastle when he had his brief spell there.