New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

I might be adding up 2 + 2 and getting 5! I work at a reputable hotel in Eastleigh and a certain Mr John Gregory, once of Aston villa and now FC Ashdod in Israel, was checked in to a room last night.

One of my female colleagues, who doesn't really know much about football but has an interest in the Saints saw Les Reed in the resturant section yesterday having a meal. After seeing John Gregorys name in the database, and have had it confirmed from someone above me it is him, I described him to my colleague and he matched the description of Reed's date.

I don't wanna be shot down for this but thought it might be worth a read!

It could be 2+2 = 5.

He used to live in Valley Park, I know as I played football with his son, Stuart. They still have friends in the area so could just be visiting.

Blatently MLT has an agenda. He needs Cortese to fail because his success will show up even more the utter lameness of the Pinnacle bid. Dont forget Matts paymaster is Rupert Murdoch (Sky,Talksport.The Sun) who also have an agenda.

Anyone that believes that MLTs best interest is with the club is deluded I'm afraid.

I am sorry but Matt Le Tissier loves the football and and hurts when all the fans hurt. That is all he is a passioniate fan of the club, and sometimes emotions get the better of you. Just take a look on here!!!

It might be, but what I'm sure will appeal to Cortese is how little money he will need to spend to get us out of league 1, or to stabilise us in the championship. We are going to be the Ryanair of the football league IMHO.

Allegedly, we already have the best squad in Div 1

So why would anyone have to spend bucketloads ???

yes but wouldnt you rather we could keep our manager all the way to the premiership?

everybody cries about stability then talks about getting a manager for each league were in.

adkins doesnt convince me at all he could be a one club wonder where it worked cos he had the players ears from being a physio.

not to mention the relegation in between

YES, of course, but only if he was "capable"

I started off AS AT TODAY, WHAT DO WE NEED ???

IMHO Having Martin O'Neil as Manager would NOT have GUARENTEED Promotion from where we are at the moment

Adkins is Streetwise for Div 1, and because of that, for our PRESENT predicament, better suited to get us up IMHO

Not sure what sort of football s****horpe play but as long as we have plan B and even a plan C then I am happy. The football may not be so easy on the eye but its a results business so if it means grinding out a 1-0 ome win against Oldham who cares!

Just hope the players get on with their job and put aside the pressure and expectationsto play to their ability and win some football matches.

Not sure what sort of football s****horpe play but as long as we have plan B and even a plan C then I am happy. The football may not be so easy on the eye but its a results business so if it means grinding out a 1-0 ome win against Oldham who cares!

Just hope the players get on with their job and put aside the pressure and expectationsto play to their ability and win some football matches.

Adkins teams play good pass and move football much easier on the eye than our often hoof it up to Lambert default.

I guess its meant as a putdown, but ignores the fact that Ryanair is the most successfulairline around.

Not meant as a put-down, just a statement. I think the appointment of Adkins points to a leaner meaner saints. No more expensive signings or wages for people who the manager would rather demote to the bench for a kid from eastleigh. The appeal of Adkins has to be that he will do it on a small budget. Of course if all this comes with success we will all be happy bunnies.

Edit: although it will be a tenner for a pie and a quid to use the loo at half time.

Not meant as a put-down, just a statement. I think the appointment of Adkins points to a leaner meaner saints. No more expensive signings or wages for people who the manager would rather demote to the bench for a kid from eastleigh. The appeal of Adkins has to be that he will do it on a small budget. Of course if all this comes with success we will all be happy bunnies.

Edit: although it will be a tenner for a pie and a quid to use the loo at half time.

Or, to put a more positive spin on it - if he did that well with a small budget, what would he be capable of with a big budget?

Or, to put a more positive spin on it - if he did that well with a small budget, what would he be capable of with a big budget?

Why would you appoint someone good at working with small budgets and give them a big budget, given that you are NC and driven to make SFC the most profitable club in history?

As it's looking likely now that it may well be Nigel Adkins, I wanted to see if my "underwhelmedness" could be turned into something more approaching this new concept of "whelmed", so went looking for a bit of reading on him.

Found these two interesting articles on Nigel Adkins, linked from his Wikipedia entry:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/jan/26/nigel-adkins-s****horpe-united

http://soccerlens.com/nigel-adkins-profile/6223/

Don't know if already posted, but worth a read, as they give a bit of insight into the man.

I am now feeling a little more whelmed after reading them. Sounds like a very intelligent man, with a playing style that coould well be suited to us.

There was no reason to believe we couldn't go up last season. We had every chance. Forget where we started, come March we had it in our hands to reach the playoffs and we didn't. I for one, was gutted.

+1. Should have made it still IMHO. Leeds almost went up automatically after their 17 point deduction. The difference was that they took 6 games to wipe out 17 points, whereas we took about 10 games to wipe out 10 points

I would trust Le Tiss to know what is going on at the Club. If he says that the Chairman is unfit to run the Club i trust him to know from people inside the Club what Cortese is really like. Even Lowelife was not stupid enough to ban all newspaper photographers.

This would be the same man who said Pinnacle were fit to run the club?

Solent have said that Cortese has not met with Adkins today, as NA has been in S****horpe 'Rumours of them meeting are not true' was the exact words used.

Now then, who was he meeting???????

Anyway - on MLT - I ask this.

'Matt, I adored you as a player, I even bought the Unbelievable Video, I bought your book, but please do not tarnish my memories by slating the club you claim to love. I give you the benefit of the doubt over Pinnacle (fook knows why I should BTW as it almost killed us off) but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep quiet.'

No doubt some will say 'Oh he's right about Cortese' - but the truth? We don't know. Speak as YOU find, not on hearsay...because they were sh1te as well. Pure and Simple.

Solent have said that Cortese has not met with Adkins today, as NA has been in S****horpe 'Rumours of them meeting are not true' was the exact words used.

Now then, who was he meeting???????

Anyway - on MLT - I ask this.

'Matt, I adored you as a player, I even bought the Unbelievable Video, I bought your book, but please do not tarnish my memories by slating the club you claim to love. I give you the benefit of the doubt over Pinnacle (fook knows why I should BTW as it almost killed us off) but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep quiet.'

No doubt some will say 'Oh he's right about Cortese' - but the truth? We don't know. Speak as YOU find, not on hearsay...because they were sh1te as well. Pure and Simple.

When did Solent say this Channon?

I see no reason why the club would change their plans or reduce their support for the manager. The Liebherr family and Cortese have said that they will see through Markus's plans for the club. If Nigel Adkins is brought in, it's not to turn Saints into S****horpe Mk2, it's because he is considered the best man to take us forward and see through the owners wish for a more compelling and attractive brand of football, something that Pardew clearly had no time for, preferring what he considered safety first pragmatism. The only shame is that it is Adkins or somebody in that mould that should have been employed from the outset. There is no doubt in my mind that faced with getting the sack in May, Pardew agreed to the owners wishes regarding the introduction of a new playing style, otherwise he wouldn't have survived. He has now paid the price for a wasted pre-season and the failure to start to make the agreed changes in line with the statement issued at the time. Adkins clearly plays the sort of football the owners want to see.

YES, of course, but only if he was "capable"

IMHO Having Martin O'Neil as Manager would NOT have GUARENTEED Promotion from where we are at the moment

This is a wind up - isn't it?

Are you seriously proposing that someone with MON's past record cannot get us out of League 1 with the squad we have?

I would trust Le Tiss to know what is going on at the Club. If he says that the Chairman is unfit to run the Club i trust him to know from people inside the Club what Cortese is really like. Even Lowelife was not stupid enough to ban all newspaper photographers.

Matt showed his colours when he teamed up with pinnacle

will you be happily stunned if we do??

of course...but no chance what so ever...MoN, would be heavily linked with the man u, chelsea, liverpool, spurs, citeh jobs should they all become available tomorrow...I even doubt that he would even require to send in a CV asking for an interview..he will be dragged in...

why on gods green earth would he come to divion 3....