Saints 0 Brentford 2 - Post Match Depression

St Chalet

Fed up! ****ed off! Narked! Angry! So, no different to usual. Don't you just love our Saints, so entirely predictable they never let you down - you knew this one one they'd blow it and blew it they did and with some lack of style.

Oh well, it's sorted out the Huddersfield dilemma for me, stay and entertain the family or be entertained by the Saints - no brainer, any more turkey on that wish-bone?

Probably yes as there's no way you could say the players didn't work hard today. They were just predictable and disjointed.

I think we can agree to disagree on this statement jam .. I think our work rate in this and in parts of many other games is dreadful and its a way that so called "lesser teams" can compete (and beat) us .. the phrase mentioned is a good one and very relevant to our team at the moment .. we could be great against Walsall but lack of consistency could prove a massive problem for us come the end of the season .. I really hope not...

I enjoyed seeing the Brentford player who managed to tackle himself whilst shooting - sadly, that was the highlight of the match for me.

LOL that was quite funny, maybe he figured that the saints fan deserved to see one tackle upon a Brentford player in the match and as our players didn't want to, he do it for them.

Edited by doddisalegend

Yet again our team of so called league one superstars has failed to deliver.

Any team that is serious of gaining promotion from this dreadful league does not lose seven games before Christmas. Let alone at home to teams like Rochdale and Brentford.

We were dreadful from the first minute yersterday and that includes the manager. Why oh why did he not make any changes until there were only ten minutes left to play when it was obvious to everyone things were not working ?

If he did not think the players on the bench were up to the task why pick them in the first place ?

I hope the result yesterday is a wake up call to the team and management or promotion could be a distant dream.

My thoughts on yesterday.. I was a bit nervous about that game before it started for some reason and was really hoping that the break hadnt caused the team to lose the rhythm and hadnt forgotten how to play. I remember when the whistle first blew I thought that Brentford we're straight away a lot more up for it and their players were really active. As the game went on I was frustrated because in previous games Adkins had the players piling on the pressure and not giving the opposition any space to do anything with the ball. However yesterday their players were given far too much time on the ball to think about their next move. Not sure which particular players were responsible for this but I think generally they just didn't put enough pressure on Brentford.

By the end of the game we were really sloppy, the throw ins went straight to Brentford, Davis was making the wrong decisions when kicking the ball out... Lallana at one point just shouted "f*cking hell!" and Dickson looked annoyed. The frustration of it all showed towards the end and I think that didn't help us get back in the game..

On way out of the stadium I overheard someone say to their partner "sorry I made you watch that", which says it all really...

If there's one thing that makes me feel better about it is that I think Adkins is the sort of person who will learn from yesterday and do everything he can to correct it...

Yet again our team of so called league one superstars has failed to deliver.

Any team that is serious of gaining promotion from this dreadful league does not lose seven games before Christmas. Let alone at home to teams like Rochdale and Brentford.

We were dreadful from the first minute yersterday and that includes the manager. Why oh why did he not make any changes until there were only ten minutes left to play when it was obvious to everyone things were not working ?

If he did not think the players on the bench were up to the task why pick them in the first place ?I hope the result yesterday is a wake up call to the team and management or promotion could be a distant dream.

Thats a good point, people are saying Nigel had no options on the bench but really could any of the subs (sorry impact players) done any worse? I doubt it. Maybe the likes of Doble and Martin might have least put some youthfully effort and desire in to the performance sadly lacking in both.

Thats a good point, people are saying Nigel had no options on the bench but really could any of the subs (sorry impact players) done any worse? I doubt it. Maybe the likes of Doble and Martin might have least put some youthfully effort and desire in to the performance sadly lacking in both.

I think Gobern would have had something to prove and after his last good performance he may have helped.

Felt sorry for Martin getting ready to come on when seaborne took a smack only for seaborne to go back on. Bet Martins itching to get back on and I for one can't believe it's been so long...

I think Gobern would have had something to prove and after his last good performance he may have helped.

Felt sorry for Martin getting ready to come on when seaborne took a smack only for seaborne to go back on. Bet Martins itching to get back on and I for one can't believe it's been so long...

He played well at the start of the season gave Kevin Davis a run for his money, yet now he can't get in ahead of Jaidi or Seaborne who were comical yesterday.

And yet if you take the benchmark performances from last season, Huddersfield at home or Norwich away the team isn't all that much different. Just Puncheon missing with Semi and Antonio in most cases. We have lost our way and yet it's basically the same players.

Although I did think that Semi added a lot going forward (and very little at the back). The one crucial difference is that defences feared Lambert (and Antonio) .Now he's just a cardboard cutout of the old RL and defences know that, it gives them space,it allows the midfield to get forward and stifle ours, our ful backs aren't getting forward as much allowing theirs to do so.Now I know it's not really on topic but when AP sent on Nile Ranger yesterday everything changed, he just kept on hammering into the Liverpool back line, they were scared crapless,thus it gave Carroll time and space to do his thing.If you don't percute the opposition's defence then you will not win, it's as easy as that.

I was saying to the guys go with yesterday that our style of play totally negates RL. Last season we had two speedsters who got the ball forward super quick leaving him with acres of space to do his thing. How many clear cut shooting chances did he have yesterday or in fact in recent games? Not many I've noticed hes getting the odd half chance but without last years confidence is looking to pass these off to help the team get into a better position. This tippy tappy pass sideways bollaxs were playing at the minute just slows down the whole game and lets defenders and midfielders get goal side of our attacks without any trouble.

Reading this thread, it feels like we've been relegated.

NA will make some decent signings in Jan (remember he's effectively managing AP's team , which wasn't good enough this season or last season)

We arent going to win every game at home. We've all had a bad day in the office, no?

It was good enough though wasn't it? Once assembled it had top two form from October and actually, was in a better position by now starting with -10 points!

Our team is still easily the best and most expensive in this league. They just are not delivering the consistency required.

Are you seriously suggesting that Brentford beat us because we don't have a good enough team?

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by derry viewpost-right.png

I have never rated Davis as he is purely a linebound shotstopper. The biggest criticism I have is that he shows poor judgement and is flaky. He doesn't come off his line to dominate the box and undermines his defence by indecision. I will be glad when he is gone and we have a proper goalkeeper. At fault today and showed all his shortcomings without the shotstopping. The central midfield was appalling. The last thing we need is two pedestrian negative players. Schneiderlin is a luxury we can't afford in the face of mobile athleticism. His sole thought is to unload the ball and move sideways. We need athleticism, pace, forward driving movement and aggression from our midfield not comfort zone meaningless, slow, square and backward buildups allowing defences to consolidate. We were dominated today by an aggressive, athletic, hard working side but with a decent goalkeeper might still have got something out of the game. IMO we need a keeper, centre back, two central midfielders, two strikers, and two wide players. We are a very slow side, lacking pace, so from now on it should be a requirement that any player we sign to get us out of the Championship (stated aim of club's transfer strategy.) must be athletic and quick.

No surprise to see you not assign any criticism to Adkins derry. You were a vocal critic of Pardew who has gone and beaten Liverpool in his first game in charge of a Premiership club. You lauded Adkins, but he has not shown why he deserves your praise yet. If the players are not motivated in the first half (why should that even be so) I expect him to fix it at half time in the dressing room. I can accept losing matches, but I hate seeing us lose matches without even bothering to turn up. The manager can't change the players at will but he should be able to change their attitudes. Very worrying. I really miss Pardew, I think we would be doing better with him at the helm, before he was sacked I expected us to be promoted. Now, I just hope we can be, the expectation has gone.

The reason we are in this mess is because of Pardew, do you really believe the team would be playing any better under Pardew with the damage he did in pre-season? ludicrous! Yes it was a disappointment, but change the two keepers around and we would have won that! The one change I would have considered is replacing Morgan with Gobern, but I doubt we would see anything else of Morgan this season. Adkins has a difficult job making it to the time we can get in new players, without doing too much damage.

The reason we lost that game was because Kelvin screwed up for both goals, the obvious and not coming off his line for the second. Their keeper made a couple of excellent saves and we looked poor because the midfield never gave us any control. This midfield that has had this weakness from the beginning that Pardew did nothing about, only since Adkins brought in Chaplow has there been any improvement. The centre backs are sticking their chewing gum on the back of Ricky before going up for headers, safe in the knowledge it will still be there when they come back without having to wander off looking for him. We don't have that 30 goal striker in our team anymore, just a frucked up replica that we have to nuture back to fitness and form.

I was saying to the guys go with yesterday that our style of play totally negates RL. Last season we had two speedsters who got the ball forward super quick leaving him with acres of space to do his thing. How many clear cut shooting chances did he have yesterday or in fact in recent games? Not many I've noticed hes getting the odd half chance but without last years confidence is looking to pass these off to help the team get into a better position. This tippy tappy pass sideways bollaxs were playing at the minute just slows down the whole game and lets defenders and midfielders get goal side of our attacks without any trouble.

I agree. People bemoaned 'the long ball route one style of Pardew'. Which would be the game that suited Lambert and resulted in him scoring so many goals, oh and us winning as a result. I'm delighted by our new Brazilian style... clearly it relates to the team's haircuts...

Lambert isn't suited to the way we're playing now so what should we do? Sell the best striker in the league for the past two seasons? Or maybe work with the players we have (£1m worth of striker let us not forget)...

I don't give a feck how we get out of this league. We could bulldoze our way out for all I care. This idea that we can be 'choosy' and play our way out. What a load of fecking bollacks. Let's just win eh?

It was good enough though wasn't it? Once assembled it had top two form from October and actually, was in a better position by now starting with -10 points!

Our team is still easily the best and most expensive in this league. They just are not delivering the consistency required.

Are you seriously suggesting that Brentford beat us because we don't have a good enough team?

Are you for real

Obviously we were not good enough yesterday otherwise we would have won

With regard to be the best team in the League that is debateable as we hardly ever get players in League 1 team of the week

BHA BHA BHA BHA BHA BHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi mate, welcome to the forum :)

Top first post, by the way. We all loolled ourselves. Please take a look at the forum rules to make sure you get the most out of your time on here and enjoy the forum! Great to welcome fans from other clubs, gives a valuable impartial perspective on all things Saintly.

All the best and Merry Christmas from everyone at the Saints Web! :)

BHA BHA BHA BHA BHA BHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello. You sound nice. Welcome to SaintsWeb - the Number 1 Gay Saints Supporters board. We are always interested to hear from away fans and perhaps even arrange to meet up for some fun at some point? Perhaps you could post a photo of yourself for us all to enjoy?

Are you for real

Obviously we were not good enough yesterday otherwise we would have won

With regard to be the best team in the League that is debateable as we hardly ever get players in League 1 team of the week

EVERY other team in this league would find a place for:

Davis

Harding/Dickson

Fonte

Jaidi

Richardson

Butterfield

Lallana

Barnard

Oxo

Chaplow

Hammond

Morgan

Lambert

Two of those players cost MORE alone than Brentford's team! One (Lallana) is worth twice their side...

If they aren't playing and winning as a team, may I direct you towards the formation, tactics, motivation, selection... etc.

John, there is no doubt ours is the most expensively assembled squad in this league BY MILES - absolute miles. If this team cannot win the league, we will NEVER win it.

He played well at the start of the season gave Kevin Davis a run for his money, yet now he can't get in ahead of Jaidi or Seaborne who were comical yesterday.

As much as I don't rate Seaborne, I'm not totally convinced by Martin either yet. He shows great potential, but he's not the finished article by a long chalk. Fonte is the key though, he is so much nastier than the others and we missed that yesterday.

One of the big problems for whoever gets the shirt is that we keep changing the back four (mostly through injuries) with lots of centre back partnerships and both fullbacks changing on a regular basis. Even the holding midfielder changes between Hammond and Schniederlin game on game. I think this has been very detrimental to the consistency of the defence.

Edited by Chez

The best team is not always the best XI and most expensively assembled side. We are 9th in League one because we have been the 9th best team in League One this season. I think this position is a fair reflection of our performances so far this season. We have struggled for goals, we have only scored 26 this season. only Colchester of the other top 9 having scored less but 12 of ours came in 3 games. We lack pace and creativity and we rarely get a result when we go behind first, i believe the only times this has happened this season has been Oldham at home and Notts County away. We have lost 7 games already, last season we only 9 in total in what was without doubt a stronger league. Like it or not, we have gone backwards since last season and we do not look like a side that is going to get or deserves promotion.

Davis

Harding/Dickson

Fonte

Jaidi

Richardson

Butterfield

Lallana

Barnard

Oxo

Chaplow

Hammond

Morgan

Lambert

Two of those players cost MORE alone than Brentford's team! One (Lallana) is worth twice their side...

If they aren't playing and winning as a team, may I direct you towards the formation, tactics, motivation, selection... etc.

John, there is no doubt ours is the most expensively assembled squad in this league BY MILES - absolute miles. If this team cannot win the league, we will NEVER win it.

Yet this Brentford side that you think would cream themselves at getting any of our players is on the same points as us and beat us easily yesterday.

Davis

Harding/Dickson

Fonte

Jaidi

Richardson

Butterfield

Lallana

Barnard

Oxo

Chaplow

Hammond

Morgan

Lambert

Just because they individually cost a lot of money does not mean that they are better than other players in the League.

Although

I do find it strange that some of our rejects Mills Thomas Gillett and Puncheon are playing the Championship.

For all those wanting to publicly flog KD for his first mistake of the season you might watch MOTD tonight.Two international goalkeepers-Paul Robinson made a complete rick of a shot but got away with it, Gomez lets a shot from Drogba go right through him. It happens to most keepers occasionally. The people bemoaning him on here were probably the same praising him for keeping us in the game against Brighton.

I cant belive how bad we can play this season. Yes when we are good , its good but not unbeatable, but when its bad bloody hell its bad. The thing that worries me is there are no decent playesr apart from the starting (or best 11). And 3-4 of the starting 11 are not that good (or not as good as they are on paper) so that really means Saints have 7-8 players each game max. Sat game was worse than England...side to side, then back, no one supporting player with ball and no positional play. Football is an easy game to play and the England manager is making it a puzzel for the players to work out where they should stand, run and when!, Burley and Pardew did the same, and I think all 3 called out manager 2.30pm and gave some stupid advice. My advice is 4-4-2 skins vs vests basic rules and get 4 players in the window. Also is Lambert 25 stone and has he been served with an asbo saying he cant shoot first time anywhere on the pitch.

The reason we are in this mess is because of Pardew, do you really believe the team would be playing any better under Pardew with the damage he did in pre-season? ludicrous! Yes it was a disappointment, but change the two keepers around and we would have won that! The one change I would have considered is replacing Morgan with Gobern, but I doubt we would see anything else of Morgan this season. Adkins has a difficult job making it to the time we can get in new players, without doing too much damage.

The reason we lost that game was because Kelvin screwed up for both goals, the obvious and not coming off his line for the second. Their keeper made a couple of excellent saves and we looked poor because the midfield never gave us any control. This midfield that has had this weakness from the beginning that Pardew did nothing about, only since Adkins brought in Chaplow has there been any improvement. The centre backs are sticking their chewing gum on the back of Ricky before going up for headers, safe in the knowledge it will still be there when they come back without having to wander off looking for him. We don't have that 30 goal striker in our team anymore, just a frucked up replica that we have to nuture back to fitness and form.

Hardly we lost that game becuase the whole team were timid, unbothered and pedestrain, not a back bone among them yesterday. The first goal was a howler from KD agreed but the second was the fault of three defenders who between them couldn't keep out one striker. We never even looked remotely like winning yesterday for a whole load of reasons trying to blame KD for the whole thing is a Joke.

Haven't had time to look through all the posts, but here's my take on the game for what it's worth.

A very bad day at the office sums it up perfectly for me. We were sloppy, lifeless and out of sorts. Brentford were up for it and wanted it more than us, simple as that. At a loss to explain such a performance. We'd had a nice break enforced by the weather, and so there were no excuses for such a tired display.

The back four were appauling. Butterfield and Seaborne can be excused as they have been out for a while, but Jaidi and Dickson were terrible. We lost the midfield battle too. Hammond seems to be a lot more effective when he's got Chaplow badgering the opposition. Schneiderlin had a poor game in my opinion. Didn't put himself about enough and struggled to make any sort of positive impact.

On a slightly more positive note, I thought Lambert and Guly did OK, with the former's hold-up play a lot better than in previous matches. The main problem with yesterday was that there was no service, so both players found it hard to make their mark.

As for Kelvin, well what can you say? Totally at fault for the first and nervy throughout. Didn't command his area at all and distribution was poor.

Have to admit, was slightly disappointed with Adkins and his tactics. I appreciate that he changed our style, putting Chambo up top, but he failed to make the most of his substitutes. Maybe he felt that in Doble, Dean, Gobern and Connolly, we didn't have any strength in depth that could change the game? Expect to see some movement in January if that's the case.

All in all, a bad day for Saints, but the silver lining is that our rivals all dropped points too, bar Huddersfield. A win against Walsall and we'll be back on track, but we can't afford to many more slip-ups like this, especially at home.

Lets not get too suicidal over this result, but the manor of the performance definitely is a cause for concern. 3 points next Saturday, and all will be forgiven/forgotten.

For all those wanting to publicly flog KD for his first mistake of the season you might watch MOTD tonight.Two international goalkeepers-Paul Robinson made a complete rick of a shot but got away with it, Gomez lets a shot from Drogba go right through him. It happens to most keepers occasionally. The people bemoaning him on here were probably the same praising him for keeping us in the game against Brighton.

Exactly, it was an error, which happens. For me more worrying was the second goal, the defending was shocking, real schoolboy stuff.

sad to say, but adkins is not the answer. he is a physio. he may be a good coach, but he is totally and utterly inept as a manager. and i thought he was meant to replacing the 'long ball' approach of pardew...? all we did every time we got the ball today was lump it high and long to an out of form lambert. there is no way that we would have fewer points if pardew was still here, though i know he was limited too.
You son, are a focking idiot!

So you are not worried by that performance?

Something has been missing all season, not sure what but we seem to have an arrogance based on reputations rather than current performances.

Big concern for me today was the bench, no one on it, imo, who could come on and change game.

NEWSFLASH, WE WILL LOSE GAMES THIS SEASON.

Seriously, there are some right co cks on this forum. cowardly towel throwing fannys. Give me strength.

Keep the Faith.

What the f**k has happened to this team this year??? We will not go up with this inconsistency. Don't want to hear people say keep the faith or plenty more games left because we have been saying that for the last two months and we are still miles away from the top!

NEWSFLASH, WE WILL LOSE GAMES THIS SEASON.

Seriously, there are some right co cks on this forum. cowardly towel throwing fannys. Give me strength.

Which by concidence is how you could describe the performance of most of our team yesterday.

It was one of those days when the whole team seemed to play at about 80% of capacity and having lost any creativity. As for any specific critique I am absolutely clear that Schneiderlin and Hammond are not to play together. Both are very much the same, although I prefer Hammond. When we're under pressure Morgan plays two or three times as many 60 yard passes to the wingers, which becomes very predictable, an yesterday, typically, it all came to nothing. I'd rather see Chaplow making it difficult in midfield for the opposition, which is a completely different role from Morgan.

I maintain my doubt over Jaidi, who constantly looks lumbering. Without Fonte we don't look commanding at the back. Apart from that I think we need to decide what our best pairing of centrebacks is. History tells us that one solid pairing is the anchor for a successful team.

If we look at the bench yesterday there is a major story about how lacking in depth our squad is. A couple of injuries (Chaplow and Barnard) and with Puncheon gone to Millwall, there is nothing left there which could change the game. This is no reflection on Gobern, who is a totally inexperienced youngster, or Martin, but a CB doesn't change the attacking side of the game. This is, indeed, the leftovers from the Pardew regime, less Puncheon and with Chaplow added. January can't come quick enough to lift the team that is there with two or three quality signings.

Brentford was a decent side, but we lost to two poor mistakes, and most weeks we have been better than yesterday. I hope Adkins is clear about why we return to this loss of inspiration. This is much how we played under Wilkins, with the team unable to pull themself together. We can still gain a top two spot, but things needs to be done to underpin that ambition.

Haven't had time to look through any of these posts, but I thought we were really unlucky yesterday. We played some nice passing football and were pretty solid at the back, apart from the two goals. Rickie deserves a goal for all his endeavour. COYR!

It was one of those days when the whole team seemed to play at about 80% of capacity and having lost any creativity. As for any specific critique I am absolutely clear that Schneiderlin and Hammond are not to play together. Both are very much the same, although I prefer Hammond. When we're under pressure Morgan plays two or three times as many 60 yard passes to the wingers, which becomes very predictable, an yesterday, typically, it all came to nothing. I'd rather see Chaplow making it difficult in midfield for the opposition, which is a completely different role from Morgan.

I maintain my doubt over Jaidi, who constantly looks lumbering. Without Fonte we don't look commanding at the back. Apart from that I think we need to decide what our best pairing of centrebacks is. History tells us that one solid pairing is the anchor for a successful team.

If we look at the bench yesterday there is a major story about how lacking in depth our squad is. A couple of injuries (Chaplow and Barnard) and with Puncheon gone to Millwall, there is nothing left there which could change the game. This is no reflection on Gobern, who is a totally inexperienced youngster, or Martin, but a CB doesn't change the attacking side of the game. This is, indeed, the leftovers from the Pardew regime, less Puncheon and with Chaplow added. January can't come quick enough to lift the team that is there with two or three quality signings.

Brentford was a decent side, but we lost to two poor mistakes, and most weeks we have been better than yesterday. I hope Adkins is clear about why we return to this loss of inspiration. This is much how we played under Wilkins, with the team unable to pull themself together. We can still gain a top two spot, but things needs to be done to underpin that ambition.

Strange thing is though Gobern played for us quite a few times in the Championship, Callum McNish even got at least 1 run out. Now 2 years later they're still too inexperienced to play any part in a lower league.However Nile Ranger who we kicked out of the academy cos he was a bit of a bad lad

gets a run on for Newcastle virtually every game, same age, same background, only our treatment of them is different.

Taking the goals out of the argument I still think he was crap yesterday. He lacked any idea of what to do for most of the game. I wouldnt want him publicly flogged for it but I wouldnt be putting my arm round him telling him all nice stuff either. He is better than yesterdays performance and that effort was well below his usual standard. he just wasnt at the races at all.

He was unlucky with the goals cause the 1st caught him on the wrong foot and I thought he did well to get a hand too it considering and it was unlucky to fall like it did. The second shouldnt have been if the defending was better and if the ball gets to that part of the pitch in front of any keeper it would end up in the back of the net more often than not.

But his kicking, timing, decissons and positioning got him in trouble all game long.

Ive not slated him on here in my previous post because I dont put that team non-performance down to him. The manager chose the team and gave them instructions. If he told them hoof ball was the answer then he is partly to blame. If he didnt tell them to play hoof ball then he is also partly to blame for not getting the team prepared or getting his plan across to them well enough. The whole team get the blame for not putting nearly enough effort into it.

The game is over now and I saw the players faces as they walked off the pitch. Every single one of them were not happy and I would bet that every single one of them would think that performance wasnt good enough. I hope they did anyway and I hope they put a better shift in next match.

I am a bit disapointed that the players on the bench were deemed good enough to be there but it didnt look like NA thought they were good enough to get a chance to change the game. We needed something in the middle and Gobern was sat there. I dont think he is ready for a proper run ahead of some of the others we have but think he would have offered more than hammond and spiderman.

Whats the point of having subs if they are not good enough to be there?

Strange thing is though Gobern played for us quite a few times in the Championship, Callum McNish even got at least 1 run out. Now 2 years later they're still too inexperienced to play any part in a lower league.However Nile Ranger who we kicked out of the academy cos he was a bit of a bad lad

gets a run on for Newcastle virtually every game, same age, same background, only our treatment of them is different.

You can hardly accuse the club of not giving youth a chance!

Haven't had time to look through any of these posts, but I thought we were really unlucky yesterday. We played some nice passing football and were pretty solid at the back, apart from the two goals. Rickie deserves a goal for all his endeavour. COYR!

Not like you to take the p*ss Deppo :)

Having had a couple of days to let the misery pass and a chance to think about it, my conclusion is that it is the mentality of the players that is the core of the problem. They seem to believe that they are too good for this league . Even Lallana is guilty of it sometimes, trying to many fancy tricks when a quick pass is needed, and watching on saturday our build-up is so slow, forty neat passes around the half-way line, but no energy or movement at the end of it. Pardew was guilty of it and Adkins' team seem to play the same way. The only player I excuse from the accusation of not working hard enough is Hammond. If only three other people had put his effort in we might have got something.

The other major worry is that when they are shown that they aren't as good as they think, they don't have the backbone for the fight. Brentford were yet another middling team that came with a plan, got the early goal, and let us run in circles going no-where. In some ways Saturday was the most disappointing display for many years because we seemed to have leant nothing from so many similar displays.

Football is not all about ability but our team seem to think that is all they need. I've said it before, but what we lack is bottle from 1 to 11, and some tough and possibly unpopular decisions will need to be taken. Beautiful football when you are two up againgst Tranmere or Dagenham is not going to get us promoted, I'm afraid.

same old problem , no energy or pace. Im all for playing 2 wide men, but Lallana is wasted out wide and was not able to get into the game. Ox looks to me to be an impact sub at present. MS just slows us down, and gives the opposition time to re-organise.KD made a howler, and Butterfield is not up to it. Can Harding play right back? We miss his overlapping runs.

Why NA didn't put a sub on earlier was a madness IMO. No point picking the young players on the bench if you dont use them. Afterall he says they are not subs but impact players and so give them the chance to impact! The young forward may have pepped up the team, then take off MS and put Guly into midfield to add energy.

Their keepr did make an outstanding save in the first minute that seemed to inspire Brentford.

terrible game, we looked lazy and never matched Brentfords workrate, on a lighter note though i sit very near Solent + Merrington and found a Bluetooth device named "dave merrington" when looking at half time, doubt it was him but sent a pic anyway ;)