Deppo

SuperMikey

Quite obviously he has not racked up as many infraction points. The sheer number or times that deppo flouted the rules is what did for him in the end.

You know that's not what I meant. Why is dune here at all, given his banned previous selves?

And 'the sheer number?' We're still waiting to see what the '19' occasions were. If the reasons for infracting him were anywhere near as feeble as the one you highlighted then the 'sheer number' may be closer to zero than you would (clearly) like.

That is twice now that you have misquoted me. I did not mention favouritism, or even imply it. Please try to be factual.

You maKe a good point though. I don't know about your infractions. I don't know about deppop either, or anyone elses. Why not?

From what I read on this thread alone, breaches do not appear to be dealt with consistently. That is honestly not a pop at admin, they have a lot to deal with. But, decisions and punishment should be made public, after all they aRe in the real world.

This was discussed previously and reasons why this is not the case are given. Generally it causes more problems than it solves.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?28713-Making-Infractions-Public

You know that's not what I meant. Why is dune here at all, given his banned previous selves?

And 'the sheer number?' We're still waiting to see what the '19' occasions were. If the reasons for infracting him were anywhere near as feeble as the one you highlighted then the 'sheer number' may be closer to zero than you would (clearly) like.

Go through his post history (say the last fifty posts) and count how many comments were posted in a serious thread which were of a jokey or off topic nature. It's fine to do that once in a while, but when the vast majority of your posts are like this then it is clearly going to cause problems.

Maybe I overreacted but then you are not aware of deppos history of constantly following my posts around and posting pointless and totally off topic comments. Taken in isolation then I overreacted but in context the reaction and infraction was entirely justified.

To be fair I'm not aware of your history in detail. I have though seen sniping between you and the " he started it " line doesn't get my sympathy.

To be fair I'm not aware of your history in detail. I have though seen sniping between you and the " he started it " line doesn't get my sympathy.

You aren't aware of it so best we don't pursue it further. Suffice to say I had my reasons and the mods and admin were fully aware of this.

Point taken. I would have liked an apology for the second misquote. I trust that you will not try for your hat trick.

What I meant to say was that there is a perception by some on this thread that there is favouritism being shown. That part of my reply was in response to them. I apologize for not making that clearer.

In my defense it is late and I an working so have my mind on other things.

I believe there was an amnesty in banned posters though admittedly I am unsure if the timescales if this.

What I meant to say was that there is a perception by some on this thread that there is favouritism being shown. That part of my reply was in response to them. I apologize for not making that clearer.

If you get in the ring expect to take a few punches...

If you get in the ring expect to take a few punches...

A saying which aptly sums up why deppo finds himself in his current predicament. If you keep climbing into the ring knowing full well the consequences, then eventually you are going to be knocked out.

It's pretty irrelevant whether you think he deserved infractions or not. Fact is, he was fully aware of what the line was, he was infracted enough tines and reminded by baj via pm enough times to have a pretty clear idea. He chose to overstep the mark on almost a daily basis and so he is entirely to blame for his banning.

Deppo is/was a complete bell-end.

But he is/was my type of complete bell-end.

I will defend his right to be a bell-end no matter what the Nazi scum Baj w@nker c\/nt f\/ck thinks.

Baj is the worst sort of Nazi low-life kn0b. The sort who thinks freedom of speech is a privilege to be bestowed upon his willing subjects.

What an utter w@nker.

Don't talk like a **** 1976 (I haven't quoted your post to give you the chance to modify it).

Some of you found Deppo funny, I didn't. StuRomseySaint was a far bigger loss when it came to humour.

Don't talk like a **** 1976 (I haven't quoted your post to give you the chance to modify it).

Some of you found Deppo funny, I didn't. StuRomseySaint was a far bigger loss when it came to humour.

With humour like that, I sincerely hope you are never banned. SRS a bigger loss... PAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

Deppo is/was a complete bell-end.

But he is/was my type of complete bell-end.

I will defend his right to be a bell-end no matter what the Nazi scum Baj w@nker c\/nt f\/ck thinks.

Baj is the worst sort of Nazi low-life kn0b. The sort who thinks freedom of speech is a privilege to be bestowed upon his willing subjects.

What an utter w@nker.

I get the frustration, but they will ban you and this will frustrate you even more! I have been repressed by the moderating regime by defending my own right to be a bellend, and I was shot down faster than a Syrian protester.

I am now amoungst the oppressed contributors, living in fear of reprisal. I now know the only place where I am safe, where I can mouth off to my hearts content; is the Pompey Takeover Saga.

Other than that, I dont bother engaging with the forum a great deal anymore, I just enjoy reading peoples posts, followed up by some Deppo sarcasm.

This is indicative of the way the internet world is going, the moderation, policing and accountability will really start to step up - especially with our governments pandering to the big corporations.

Now the world is waking up to the ground breaking news that Deppo has died, where do we go from here.

SWF will be embargoed and political sanctions have been applied. Dave and Sarkozy are going for a full UN resolution. The regime will be brought down and the people will rejoice once again.

Here is one example and there are numerous others. Before anyone starts no I did not report him, he was infracted before I had even seen it.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?28699-Wonders-of-the-solar-system

LOL,

thats pretty funny, but im not sure if it's just a funny retort of if it's funny because it's in reply to you Hypo :)

shame the infraction was mentioned in that thread though, there should be another section of the forum for publically mentioning infractions, it'll make it easier to self police.

I want a deppo avatar, but does that mean I need to be full member?

Your first two points are matters of opinion. There are instances where comments like that from deppo have led to a thread being taken off topic. It is clear to me and the mods/admin why he was infracted for that and it is also clear that he did that many times, quite a few the mods let slide. He can't say he wasn't warned.

Let's face it, if you had been banned, threads like this wouldn't exist. These infractions and any related complaints are the work of small minded tossers.

I miss Deppo. I have stated numerous times before how he was my favourite poster.

I am sad. Getting a permanent ban for what he has done (!) is ridiculous. Imagine a child at school getting excluded for repeatedly talking in class and being slightly disruptive. Stupid decision.

Here is one example and there are numerous others. Before anyone starts no I did not report him, he was infracted before I had even seen it.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?28699-Wonders-of-the-solar-system

:lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant, that is exactly the sort of thing that makes this forum worth reading. The old saintsweb was full of humour and people not taking themselves too seriously. Shame things have changed so much these days.

Deppo had 19 opportunities to understand where the line was to be drawn. Having been banned once (after 10 infractions) and numerous PM exchanges where I told him to wind it in and keep his humour to the appropriate places, he couldnt follow that. Seems to be a tendency by most on here to assume that his standard behaviour was deemed as unacceptable, it was generally fine, it was the 20 occasions where he deliberately de-railed someone elses thread or was abusive to another member for his own amusement that he was infracted for. Having been warned on 20 separate occasions, he's now banned

This is the only reply I'll be posting.

What a pathetic little man. Deppo was smarter than you and you felt threatened so you used your only sad, vindictive, little method possible and went after him. Is it really your opinion that rules must be obeyed without adding a shred of common sense into the mix? You should have been a traffic warden, boj, it is clearly your calling.

"Pointless remarks"? If you chose to you could infract 98% of posts on here for that, but you didn't, you infracted deppo's. ****.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant, that is exactly the sort of thing that makes this forum worth reading. The old saintsweb was full of humour and people not taking themselves too seriously. Shame things have changed so much these days.

The old saintsweb had brilliant humour in the appropriate places. The use of the * in serious threads was respected and worked well. Posters who wrote silly stuff on serious threads were reprimanded. Nothing has changed in that sense.

The old saintsweb had brilliant humour in the appropriate places. The use of the * in serious threads was respected and worked well. Posters who wrote silly stuff on serious threads were reprimanded. Nothing has changed in that sense.

I can't agree. The tolerance level appears to have been very low for deppo. That link you give above for example shows deppo being infracted for next to nothing. You go on to call him a **** and get no infraction. Fair?

I still want to know what the nineteen offences were. You know proper detail, not that he told a joke or was a bit sarcastic. If the lad got banned for nineteen offences like those in the link that you give then someone needs to lighten up.

Let's face it, if you had been banned, threads like this wouldn't exist. These infractions and any related complaints are the work of small minded tossers.

Not sure why you think this has anything to do with me, this is about deppo being banned. Besides, I wouldn't be stupid enough to continually flout the rules on numerous ocassions.

You are also forgetting that deppo himself had a habit of reporting other people's posts.

I can't agree. The tolerance level appears to have been very low for deppo. That link you give above for example shows deppo being infracted for next to nothing. You go on to call him a **** and get no infraction. Fair?

I still want to know what the nineteen offences were. You know proper detail, not that he told a joke or was a bit sarcastic. If the lad got banned for nineteen offences like those in the link that you give then someone needs to lighten up.

I believe we had this discussion last night where I told you it was best that you dropped it because you were not aware of the context an were thus not sufficiently qualified to answer.

You will have to ask a mod but I trust them to run the forum as they see fit. As I told you, the forum is not a democracy.

In isolation, did the comment on that thread merit an infraction? Probably not. But if it was the tenth or fiftieth example of deppo posting a wind up comment in a serious thread despite being asked not to then at some point he is going to get an infraction.

I am certain that he did it lots of times and was not infracted. He certainly did it a heck of a lot more than other posters.

I believe we had this discussion last night where I told you it was best that you dropped it because you were not aware of the context an were thus not sufficiently qualified to answer.

You will have to ask a mod but I trust them to run the forum as they see fit. As I told you, the forum is not a democracy.

Who are you to tell me to drop it!? This is typical of your posts and dare I say it probably led deppo to take issue with you from time to time. Last night you mis quoted me twice rather than try to deal with my points. Now you try to tell to but out. Cheeky lad.

In isolation, did the comment on that thread merit an infraction? Probably not. But if it was the tenth or fiftieth example of deppo posting a wind up comment in a serious thread despite being asked not to then at some point he is going to get an infraction.

Someone give the links then.

Neither of the posters gloating on here about Deppo's banning would be missed but I wouldn't want them banned. The impulse to ban indicates deeper character flaws in my opinion.

Who are you to tell me to drop it!? This is typical of your posts and dare I say it probably led deppo to take issue with you from time to time. Last night you mis quoted me twice rather than try to deal with my points. Now you try to tell to but out. Cheeky lad.

Feel free to continue but as I told you, you aren't aware of the context so your posts are uninformed. I apologise for misquoting you but as I told you, it was late and I was doing work whilst halfheartedly posting on here and I misread what you had said. Oh and I'm not a 'lad'.

Of deppo posting wind up comments on serious threads? Have a quick look through his posting history. I gave you two examples earlier but if you are as curious as you claim, then go and have a look your self.

I have and can't see anything to justify a banning, hence the request.

Anyway, I've made my point and can't be bothered to waste any more time on this.

I just hope admins read what has been said by many on this thread and take a more relaxed stance going forward. If they don't there won't be much of a forum to administer.

Also, some members need to appreciate that humour is subjective. In life generally people ignore silly stuff that they do not find funny, or might annoy them. The same should happen here.

Ive stayed off this thread so far because its unusual to find myself in agreement with hypo, dune and baj all at the same time, and in disagreement with apparently everyone else. Deppo was a very funny poster and I'll miss his wittier stuff, but imho his humour was pretty well balanced out by his annoyance factor. Baj is right, he did derail a lot of serious threads, I'm not going to trawl through pages of old posts just to find links but anyone who's been on here for a while would know thats true. I dont start many threads myself, but I remember posting something I thought might be interesting in the lounge and Deppo cropped up as usual with a plsstaking comment and the thread wound up as a wisecracking contest. I noticed him doing much the same thing on loads of other threads. The only reservation I would hold about him being booted off would be if he was only told about the infractions when they had mounted up to banning time, but from what Baj posted I'm assuming he was told about the infractions as and when they happened, rather than when they reached the required 10. Other than that I dont see Deppo could have any complaints myself.

"Serious threads"?

People do realise this is the Internet?

Apologies for the confusion. Should have read "threads about serious subjects". There's a difference between a thread about wayne rooneys hair transplant and another about people killed by a japanese earthquake.

Baj is coming in for a lot of unfair stick here I think. Yes, maybe a permanent banning was a bit harsh, but the people that run this forum do it pretty much thanklessly. Deppo will be back one way or another, but rules is rules.

Amazingly it is possible to discuss both serious and ridiculous subjects on the Internet.

And to discuss serious threads ridiculously. Insisting on being po-faced the whole time sounds silly. Sometimes the most astute and economical points are made with humour and sarcasm.

Apologies for the confusion. Should have read "threads about serious subjects". There's a difference between a thread about wayne rooneys hair transplant and another about people killed by a japanese earthquake.

Not sure I recall Deppo (or anyone else) posting frivolous stuff on threads about tragedies etc.

My understanding of "serious threads" in the context raised on here is threads about general day to day stuff which some people end up having a bit of tangental banter on.

Not sure I recall Deppo (or anyone else) posting frivolous stuff on threads about tragedies etc.

My understanding of "serious threads" in the context raised on here is threads about general day to day stuff which some people end up having a bit of tangental banter on.

Thats the point though, threads started by people who felt the subject worthy of serious discussion often had them derailed by posters like Deppo who turned them into a "look how funny I am" comedy thread which then fizzled out without the subject being discussed. There were a few interesting ones as I recall it, but as I said, I'm not quite sad enough to go trawling through the archives. I cant be the only person to have noticed it as that was one of the main reasons baj gave for deppos infractions.

One other thing, a few people have implied that Deppos ban was because of friction between him and Baj. That doesnt wash with me at all, Hypo had a good old fashioned slanging match with Baj as well and he's still here.