Deppo

SuperMikey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6725653.stm

Bullies at school and in later life may sense that ill-treatment of the red-haired will not be treated as seriously by the authorities as persecution of other groups.

"Bullies think that person is outside the norm, they will be able to attack them. The bullies find something to pick on. The bully has a problem and needs a victim," Ms Eliot says.

Shame, Deppo's humour was a cut above the vast majority on here.

Hypo's "ginger" post is also far more unsuitable than the vast majority of Deppo's posts... unprovoked personal insult, no place for that on here.

I feel Saintsweb may have shot itself in the foot here.

I understand that there are plans for a new reality show set in Hampshire, based on the Only way is Essex and Big Fat Pikey Gypsies type shows.

Deppo has been lined up to to be one of the leading stars, as the cameras follow him around as he sets about his daily business.

Plenty of airtime had been set aside for 'action' shots of him at his computer trawling Saintsweb and adding his funnies.

This would have thrown Saintsweb and it's user family into the nations hearts.

Keith Chegwin to narrate.

WTF? Only heard last night Deppo was banned. Just read through this thread. Christ there are some small minded tossers on here. IMO he was the funniest poster on here. But I appreciate humour is a personal taste thing, some people like Lee Evans, I think he's ****e. Wouldn't want him banned from my tv though, I'd simply switch over so I can ignore him,

Speaking of which, oh look, quelle surprise there's an ignore function on here. So for all those that have been "offended" by Deppo over and over again, why haven't you simply got him on ignore instead of whining like a bunch of spoilt kids. Even if he has made the odd genuine insult ever heard the expression "sticks and stones ......." ?

For the first time I'm tempted to pay up the £5 just so I can add a Deppo avatar but realised that maybe the Deppo banning is a revenue raising ploy designed to achieve just that. Think I'll just remove saintsweb from my bookmarks instead and find a board with some grown up rules

Christ there are some small minded tossers on here. IMO he was the funniest poster on here. But I appreciate humour is a personal taste thing, some people like Lee Evans, I think he's ****e. Wouldn't want him banned from my tv though, I'd simply switch over so I can ignore him,

Speaking of which, oh look, quelle surprise there's an ignore function on here. So for all those that have been "offended" by Deppo over and over again, why haven't you simply got him on ignore instead of whining like a bunch of spoilt kids. Even if he has made the odd genuine insult ever heard the expression "sticks and stones ......." ?

For the first time I'm tempted to pay up the £5 just so I can add a Deppo avatar but realised that maybe the Deppo banning is a revenue raising ploy designed to achieve just that. Think I'll just remove saintsweb from my bookmarks instead and find a board with some grown up rules

This in a nutshell!

WTF? Only heard last night Deppo was banned. Just read through this thread. Christ there are some small minded tossers on here. IMO he was the funniest poster on here. But I appreciate humour is a personal taste thing, some people like Lee Evans, I think he's ****e. Wouldn't want him banned from my tv though, I'd simply switch over so I can ignore him,

Very well put.

This is the point. there are plenty of posters who rack up enough "pointless" posts to qualify for a ban, but boj specifically went after deppo, apparently spending one day carefully going through his recent post history and giving him retrospective infractions. Several on one morning mainly for posts that hadn't been made that day. Boj is being a bit dishonest inferring that it just built up.

I bet you could do the same with many many posters, just trawl through their post history, infracting everything you find until you've got enough for a ban.

if this is true and is how the forum will be operated in future, does that mean we will see more posters banned after they have had their posting history "investigated" ?

or is this just kept for certain posters?

if this is true and is how the forum will be operated in future, does that mean we will see more posters banned after they have had their posting history "investigated" ?

or is this just kept for certain posters?

Yes it's true. Boj is the traffic warden of rock. Rules must be obeyed without common sense intervening and creativity must be stifled.

Best post so far. Perfectly put.

The best thing is that no matter how well crafted the argument, no matter how vehement the protest, he isnt coming back.

Sounds like you have your mod hat on there Hypo. To be fair that's only 'best' in yours and some other peoples opinions. As you can clearly see, there's a fair amount of people saying they don't think that's the best thing.

Naturally that doesn't mean any sort of pressure will get him back. Baj has already made his post on the subject, as well as stating clearly that it will be his one and only post on the subject. Rules are rules, are rules, are rules, end of, aren’t they.

To an extent I agree. He’s been warned and warned again and again. So yes, if you look at things in black and white, yes he deserves to be banned. I’ve met Baj and I’ve stalked Steve so I know they are both reasonable blokes, so I’m not too comfortable about criticising them, they are in a difficult situation, they put a hell of a lot into this forum and people have to abide by the rules.

But surely anyone with some common sense would have to question why a fair amount of people are posting some strong opinions about this subject! If Deppo really was that offensive, you'd think there'd be a lot more people pleased to see the back of him wouldn't you?

Hell, I have never met ‘Deppo’, I have no idea who he is or what he's like as a person? But as a forum poster many people seem to think he's ok and his style wasn't a problem. There are some strong opinions and despite your obvious dislike for him, you must surely be able to concede as to why this is!

Come on, I’ve met you in the real world and I know you are a decent and reasonable bloke really, despite what everyone on here says! And in fact I know you’ve also said on here previously that you like to wind people up with this ‘persona’ you’ve created (not a direct quote, can’t recall your exact words!), so part of me thinks I (and many others) are just falling right into your little game trap here.

But rules could be reviewed, change, etc. Even Dune (who also dislikes Deppo) came up with the suggestion of letting him back with 3 posts a day to start with (they could even be restricted to the Muppet show).

In my opinion Deppo added a great deal of ‘value’ to this place. To me this has become about something bigger than Deppo, it’s about what this forum is essentially here for? Is it just a source of information and conversation? Or is it a place to have a laugh and some fun? SaintsForever used to have me in stitches, there was a lot of banter and good humoured fun on ALL the sub-forums (even the main board) and in my opinion it was run as a forum where people could enjoy themselves and have a laugh whilst viewing and contributing. That really doesn’t seem to be the case anymore here.

We don’t have any function button on the forum where we can ‘add’ Deppo now he’s been banned, whereas you and all the others who are glad he’s gone always had the opportunity to hit the ‘ignore’ button, when he was here, but decided not too.

I recall it wasn’t so long ago you yourself were on a bit of a mission about the decline of this forum and you were even talking about setting up an alternative forum. On this particular deppo subject you are obviously comfortable with the decision as you have a personal dislike for the guy, but in my opinion this whole subject and the vast conversation its generated just underlines the problems associated with people who’d rather take offence to other users and then complain, as opposed to just ignoring them in the first place.

We’ll see what happens, but personally I think it's just another nail in the coffin of an already slowly declining forum. My opinion on its own is pretty insignificant and the fact I’ve now cancelled my subscription on here will have little impact overall when my £5 doesn’t arrive in the SaintsWeb account come August. But the point is that ever so slowly more and more people are starting to lose interest. Let’s just hope this forum retains enough about it to continue to attract new people to replace those who don’t see the value and no longer wish to pay/contribute as much. If it doesn’t ultimately it’ll be everyone’s loss and not just the los of those who sit on one side of any small specific argument or disagreement!

This isn't a vehement protest, it's just the opinion of 1 poster out of 8995 members :|

The best thing is that no matter how well crafted the argument, no matter how vehement the protest, he isnt coming back.

It wouldn't do any harm if he did though. It's only an internet forum when all is said and done.

If Deppo is reinstated then it will show tha Baj is a weak leader. Baj is not this, he is a strong and powerful leader, a true warrior king who has achieved his lofty position of site owner and moderator by running this forum with a fist of iron. He has been subject to abuse from the proletariat in times gone by but he is unswerved in his desire to keep hold of his powerful position and to continue to surpress the masses and quash any uprising. It is a battle you will never win, Baj will crush and exterminate any insubordination, his power is and alwasy well be overwhelming, no one can remove his finger from the infraction and ban tabs, not even God can stop him!

I fear Deppo is gone forever, but let his loss not be in vain, lets all learn from this and move on. Finally now we can recognise the power of Baj, we have seen the consequences of DEppos sins, we have seen how quickly and effortlessly Baj can snuff out uprising. It's time to crown Baj Forum master and Lord and bow down before. Baj i salute you, i kneel before you and kiss the ring on your finger and pledge my unwavering support for your rule. Deppo is Dead, Long Live King Baj.

20070920-ming-the-merciless.jpg

If Deppo is reinstated then it will show tha Baj is a weak leader. Baj is not this, he is a strong and powerful leader, a true warrior king who has achieved his lofty position of site owner and moderator by running this forum with a fist of iron. He has been subject to abuse from the proletariat in times gone by but he is unswerved in his desire to keep hold of his powerful position and to continue to surpress the masses and quash any uprising. It is a battle you will never win, Baj will crush and exterminate any insubordination, his power is and alwasy well be overwhelming, no one can remove his finger from the infraction and ban tabs, not even God can stop him!

I fear Deppo is gone forever, but let his loss not be in vain, lets all learn from this and move on. Finally now we can recognise the power of Baj, we have seen the consequences of DEppos sins, we have seen how quickly and effortlessly Baj can snuff out uprising. It's time to crown Baj Forum master and Lord and bow down before. Baj i salute you, i kneel before you and kiss the ring on your finger and pledge my unwavering support for your rule. Deppo is Dead, Long Live King Baj.

20070920-ming-the-merciless.jpg

He may be king but he is still a crappy guitarist.

Don't blame the ref for the sending off; blame the player for getting himself in trouble. Playing the game is a tacit recognition of the authority of the ref to interpret the run of play. No ref, no game.

And harassing the ref, Man U-style, doesn't work in getting the decision reversed.

Edited by Hamilton Saint

Deppo.

Just recently Deppo has p i s sed me off a little – so I just scrolled on past. Saw his avatar coming a mile off and just ignored it. Who knows though, perhaps that is just me – grumpy old man, wrong side of fifty just wanting to read the important bits.

In the past, said poster, has made me raise a wry smile, smirk, chuckle, laugh out loud, bellow, and choke on my carrot cake. (T w a t). Deppos input is rarely safe – personally I think he knows it and does weigh it up before posting – sometimes perhaps he gets it wrong, but that is what makes him interesting. He is the guy that tries to make light of the situation, normally with a ‘throw away’ – problem is, some take it far too seriously.

I should also point out as well – that although many of his posts were loaded with sarcasm, many also carried a very valid (if sometimes alternative) viewpoint, perhaps for some this was just a little too subtle.

I have no doubt that he p i s sed a few off, as I said, I had tired of him recently – but there is absolutely no way I would have kicked him out. I know that the £5.0 subscription fee is knack all in real terms, but Deppo is worth at least a quid of that annual subscription. When you consider all the other posters and services provided by this forum – what I’m saying is that Deppo is (was) ‘Box Office’.

I’m pretty sure that I would have gone back to reading, enjoying and laughing at Deppo – I always thought that he could say an awful lot with not many words – quite clever really.

As to the policing of the forum, that’s up to the guys that run this site. There is no way I would say a bad word about them, they do a great job and we are the benefactors of their efforts. That said – they have got this (badly, in my opinion) wrong.

Why anybody would be intimidated enough to make any sort of serious complaint against a poster for the general input that is contained on most threads is beyond me. Why would you get so wound up about it – scroll on by. I recently left neutral feedback for an Ebay seller and he threatened to sue me for libel. It left me feeling intimidated for a while, but I laughed and moved on – not heard from him since.

And so Deppo is banned, banned for life, never, ever to return – and who is the loser here. I am, and all those others here who support him. I come to read certain threads, certain opinion, and yes, certain sarcasm too. I come to be entertained by the ‘crowd’ that is in tonight – hopefully Deppo, Turkish, Benjii, TDD and the rest of the crowd will be there. Because if they are there, then the forum experience will be interesting, appealing, aggressive, dangerous and worthwhile.

At the risk of offending anyone – I will sign off with what I believe could've been a Deppoism.

Murderers and rapists don’t get locked up for life – why should Deppo?

Edited by Micky

Perhaps we'll all get banned?

We could form a band, the "broadband board banned" band.

I thought Deppo could be very funny at times, he did insult me once iirc but it just turned me on. The humour hasn't gone though, I still find many of you lot very funneh posters. I name no names to protect egos. I won't be changing my avatar though, I never get tired of that bum.

Speaking of being turned on, if Master Bates were here, there'd be bewbs on this thread already.

Sounds like you have your mod hat on there Hypo............

..........This isn't a vehement protest, it's just the opinion of 1 poster out of 8995 members :|

Dear Mr. Spudgun,

As much as I love Deppo, I couldn't be bothered to read your awfully long post. Can someone with a lot of time, highlight the most salient points Spudgun has raised.

Jules.

Dear Mr. Spudgun,

As much as I love Deppo, I couldn't be bothered to read your awfully long post. Can someone with a lot of time, highlight the most salient points Spudgun has raised.

Jules.

I suppose you couldnt read it through your exploding teardrops. ;)

Just pathetic.

I read this forum in the vain hope that somebody might have actually posted something either interesting or entertaining, Deppo wasn't too great at the former but was definitely the funniest poster on here. This is a major sense of humour failure on the part of the admins and there are plenty of posters who bring nothing of value to this forum and just want to pick fights to make themselves look hard, Deppo on the other hand made many dull threads worth reading.

Presumably every post on this thread after Baj's 'final say' is now worth an infraction on the grounds of them being 'pointless/sarcastic remarks' that aren't going to change the decision? Like a booking for arguing with the ref.