Deppo

SuperMikey

The admin on here are a joke. Get above their station. IF it was offensive what Deppo had said I could understand, but being funny, really?

Some on here are just jealous that someone can be just plain funny, and have a great sense of humour, where others remain unpunished when they are just making an argument for the sake of it, when all I can see they are trying to do is get peoples backs up over and over again.

Some on here need to get a life and that goes right to the top I am afriad. This is a forum which if I am not mistaken avolved from the fanzines that were out there in paper copies back in the 80's and 90's. This place is just not funny anymore and full of people that just want to have a pop at their fellow Saints fans, just to get their kicks!!

PinkScarf's was one of the threads we're led to assume Deppo 'derailed'. Frankly, the mind boggles.

Does it really matter if someone goes off at a tangent? It tends not to upset me too much.

Funniest poster on here by a mile, far funnier then those that try sooo hard (Glasgow Saint). I hope one of his alter-egos takes over.

I like GS. But without wanting to sound too much like a fan, if I see Deppo's name pop up on the menu page I click on it. I'm sure many others do too, even if they might not want to admit it. Now that this forum is ad-supported I suspect that traffic numbers are important. In that regard, losing Deppo and other like him seems not the most sensible move.

Sometimes, though, you have to have the plain common sense to understand that although rules need to exist and to be adhered to, there are some whose inventiveness and humour are quite simply worth looking the other way for.

Does it really matter if someone goes off at a tangent? It tends not to upset me too much.

Not really, if I don't like something I just click off of it, I don't understand people that just click the report button, I mean FFS grow a backbone, answer back or ignore it.

As for the Admins, your killing the forum, though considering your increasing distance from it and your new 'projects' I have wondered if you really give two sh*ts any more.

Agree with verbal. I do not post often but I do read the forum quite a bit. Deppo was funny. Sure he took the **** a bit but I never read anything abusive and certainly never anything racist or so unpleasant it deserved him being kicked off the site.

One by one the decent posters are being kicked off or leaving cos the place is so boring. You've only got to look at the reduced number of new threads, and the reduced number of posters, to see the way the site is going

what a load of ****ing old bolloox.

Its an internet forum FFS, if Deppo went around someones house and ****ged their wife and injected someone with aids, then he probably went to far.

But banned for joking about...jeez

Some people out there in internet land need to chill out a bit more.

if Deppo went around someones house and ****ged their wife and injected someone with aids, then he probably went to far.

Sorry but I have to disagree with this, it's absolute cr&p. What Deppo does in his spare time is not relevant to this forum and if he wants to inject people with aids and **** their wives, who are you to say that's too far and he should be banned from SaintsWeb!!! You yourself may well groom young boys on other forums for all we know, but that doesn't mean you are not welcome on this forum.

Sorry but I have to disagree with this, it's absolute cr&p. What Deppo does in his spare time is not relevant to this forum and if he wants to inject people with aids and **** their wives, who are you to say that's too far and he should be banned from SaintsWeb!!! You yourself may well groom young boys on other forums for all we know, but that doesn't mean you are not welcome on this forum.

Point taken.

ps. how did you know. I thought I was discreet.

Deppo was/is the only poster whom quote to mrs h, I haven't yet decided how I am going to break this sad news to her. Might leave it til she's got over the other double whammy she's received today, yeah, I think I'll wait until I drop her off at the hopspital in the morning.

I'm going out on a limb here.

99.9% of the time Deppo managed to find the right thing to say at the right time.

Just occassionally he made a comment that wasn't actually funny - think we've all crashed & burned.

It was noticeable that anyone who may have made an even slightly knock back comment about an unfunny got something unpleasant back, either from him or some pop up occassionally types.

He was a valuable part of the forum and made it better, he also showed his comic timing but deep down Saints loyalty in the match thread.

But, at the end of the day out of his 10,000 or so posts if even 0.2% of them broke the rules then actually, although I hate to say it, he was a tw#t for not taking note.

Lifelong ban - that's not right, but if he doesn't listen would he have learnt again?

So he's a fecking stupid arrogant idiot for getting banned. I hate him for it.

Because we NEEDED him and he was a part of the heart and soul of this place.

Deppo - you pratt get on the blower to Baj and grovel and understand your AUDIENCE needs you

Deppo had 19 opportunities to understand where the line was to be drawn. Having been banned once (after 10 infractions) and numerous PM exchanges where I told him to wind it in and keep his humour to the appropriate places, he couldnt follow that. Seems to be a tendency by most on here to assume that his standard behaviour was deemed as unacceptable, it was generally fine, it was the 20 occasions where he deliberately de-railed someone elses thread or was abusive to another member for his own amusement that he was infracted for. Having been warned on 20 separate occasions, he's now banned

This is the only reply I'll be posting.

How about posting a Sticky / Poll Fred listing the specific posts that earnt each of these infractions and let us the paying public decide his fate!! (Okay!.... let the non member slags vote as well!!)

Another nail in the coffin.

How about posting a Sticky / Poll Fred listing the specific posts that earnt each of these infractions and let us the paying public decide his fate!! (Okay!.... let the non member slags vote as well!!)

Shouldn't you be doing the washing up?

What a downer - a great evening round at EoA's talking about Tiger & Rugby League & lost Match Day Programmes and then back to be hit with this horrific news

Shouldn't you be doing the washing up?

What a downer - a great evening round at EoA's talking about Tiger & Rugby League & lost Match Day Programmes and then back to be hit with this horrific news

Washing machine is whirring away at this moment .... glasses rinsed, will be finished off in the morn in case i break any now!!

Talking about dictatorship - maybe a link to Libyan on a jet plane could be in order!!! Sieg Heil.

What do you think the chances are that any of these 19 infractions came from any of the other forum mods? None I'd wager. All from Boj, guarantee it.

Well good for you, Super forum admin owner man has got his little way.

I thought you werent a Deppo fan?

Not a bad idea. We still don't know what these 19 serious felonies were and/or whether anyone was so distressed by them that they felt the need to complain.

A cynic could think that they were not at all serious, that nobody was upset but that an over zealous admin took it upon himself to dole out capital punishment.

No doubt I will be corrected...

Not a bad idea. We still don't know what these 19 serious felonies were and/or whether anyone was so distressed by them that they felt the need to complain.

A cynic could think that they were not at all serious, that nobody was upset but that an over zealous admin took it upon himself to dole out capital punishment.

No doubt I will be corrected...

....... and probably infracted as well!!

Detail? Example? Link to one or more of these 19 illegal posts? Go on, please.

There were numerous examples of him derailing serious threads and posting abusive comments. TMS is for banter and stupidity and can be tolerated to a point in other areas of the forum but clearly if you continue to do it over twenty times then you are doing It on purpose.

Being mildly amusing every so often does not give someone license to do what they like. You suggest that deppo was not aware of what he was doing, yet why is it that he has been banned twice whilst everyone else remains ban free?

And lol at someone saying I wished deppo dead :)

There were numerous examples of him derailing serious threads and posting abusive comments. TMS is for banter and stupidity and can be tolerated to a point in other areas of the forum but clearly if you continue to do it over twenty times then you are doing It on purpose.

Being mildly amusing every so often does not give someone license to do what they like. You suggest that deppo was not aware of what he was doing, yet why is it that he has been banned twice whilst everyone else remains ban free?

And lol at someone saying I wished deppo dead :)

I did not say that deppo did not know what he had done.

I said that I would like to know what he has done. So far we have been given the headline that his humour/sarcasm has upset and that he has taken threads off piste. No detail has been given and there has been no indication that this offensive behaviour has actually offended anyone, or led to any complaints.

Don't get me wrong I don't know deppo, or frankly giVe a monkeys about him. What I don't like is this lack of information and the fact that one of the few decent posters on this declining site has been kicked off for having a sense of humour.

It was an example of a pointless comment on a serious thread which was purely designed to derail it. I wasn't offended. You asked for an example of some posts which broke the rules well there you go.

It wasn't pointless. It didn't derail the thread. You weren't offended. Nobody died. Really, what is the point of you?

It wasn't pointless. It didn't derail the thread. You weren't offended. Nobody died. Really, what is the point of you?

Your first two points are matters of opinion. There are instances where comments like that from deppo have led to a thread being taken off topic. It is clear to me and the mods/admin why he was infracted for that and it is also clear that he did that many times, quite a few the mods let slide. He can't say he wasn't warned.

Here is one example and there are numerous others. Before anyone starts no I did not report him, he was infracted before I had even seen it.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?28699-Wonders-of-the-solar-system

Jeez. Is that the kind of stuff we are dealing with?

Please hypo read it to yourself and ask yourself whether his little comment was upsetting or justified your response. It definately didn't deserve a penalty imo.

If you did not complain about that (and there was no reason why you should imo) how did it lead to an infraction (if it did)??

Is that the link to the most serious offence?

Your first two points are matters of opinion. There are instances where comments like that from deppo have led to a thread being taken off topic. It is clear to me and the mods/admin why he was infracted for that and it is also clear that he did that many times, quite a few the mods let slide. He can't say he wasn't warned.

Let's be clear about this. If Deppo had had a warm and snuggly relationship with the admin he wouldn't have been banned. From the outside looking in, there's a strong suspicion that this was personal. Unless you were your usual hyperactive self, Deppo wasn't being reported by other members. So why else was he singled out?

I've looked at a few old threads and you give at least, if not more, than you get. HaVe you infraction points.

Not having a pop maTe btw, just that site punishment seems a bit weird to my fair aNd just viewpoint and my earlier posts seeking clarity have been ignored. Hope you can help.

Jeez. Is that the kind of stuff we are dealing with?

Please hypo read it to yourself and ask yourself whether his little comment was upsetting or justified your response. It definately didn't deserve a penalty imo.

If you did not complain about that (and there was no reason why you should imo) how did it lead to an infraction (if it did)??

Is that the link to the most serious offence?

I have no idea I am not a mod. It is an example of one pointless and potentially thread derailing remark on a serious topic. It annoyed me because I was trying to discuss it sensibly which is why I posted it in the lounge for a proper discussion. A comment is not deemed worthy of an infraction just because the poster involved decides to be offended or not, it is the discretion of the mods and admin team. It is also quite possible that someone else reported it because they were as sick as I was by deppos constant trolling. Besides it wasn't just one little comment, it was a comment on virtually every thread I started.

This forum isn't a democracy, it's run how the admin decide it is run.

Let's be clear about this. If Deppo had had a warm and snuggly relationship with the admin he wouldn't have been banned. From the outside looking in, there's a strong suspicion that this was personal. Unless you were your usual hyperactive self, Deppo wasn't being reported by other members. So why else was he singled out?

If you really believe that deppo was singled out for personal reasons and not banned because he posted wind up comments significantly more than any other poster then you need your eyes testing.

I've looked at a few old threads and you give at least, if not more, than you get. HaVe you infraction points.

Not having a pop maTe btw, just that site punishment seems a bit weird to my fair aNd just viewpoint and my earlier posts seeking clarity have been ignored. Hope you can help.

I have a few yes (all from baj) and many more in my time which have since expired. As you don't know how many infractions are dishes out to each individual, I don't think you can say there is favoritism going on.

I have no idea I am not a mod. It is an example of one pointless and potentially thread derailing remark on a serious topic. It annoyed me because I was trying to discuss it sensibly which is why I posted it in the lounge for a proper discussion. A comment is not deemed worthy of an infraction just because the poster involved decides to be offended or not, it is the discretion of the mods and admin team. It is also quite possible that someone else reported it because they were as sick as I was by deppos constant trolling. Besides it wasn't just one little comment, it was a comment on virtually every thread I started.

This forum isn't a democracy, it's run how the admin decide it is run.

On that thread you bit at a little point that most people, imo, would haVe ignored. You then proceeded to be offensive.

The infraction seemed harsh on that thread imo.

If nineteen of those got the guy banned then the people running the site may as well unplug the server.

I have a few yes (all from baj) and many more in my time which have since expired. As you don't know how many infractions are dishes out to each individual, I don't think you can say there is favoritism going on.

So you have a better explanation for dune's presence on here then?

On that thread you bit at a little point that most people, imo, would haVe ignored. You then proceeded to be offensive.

The infraction seemed harsh on that thread imo.

If nineteen of those got the guy banned then the people running the site may as well unplug the server.

Maybe I overreacted but then you are not aware of deppos history of constantly following my posts around and posting pointless and totally off topic comments. Taken in isolation then I overreacted but in context the reaction and infraction was entirely justified.

That is twice now that you have misquoted me. I did not mention favouritism, or even imply it. Please try to be factual.

You maKe a good point though. I don't know about your infractions. I don't know about deppop either, or anyone elses. Why not?

From what I read on this thread alone, breaches do not appear to be dealt with consistently. That is honestly not a pop at admin, they have a lot to deal with. But, decisions and punishment should be made public, after all they aRe in the real world.