Deppo

SuperMikey

Well probably not the best in terms of erudite opinions and suchlike, but he produced the most LOLs for me during the last year or two.

Could be a good opportunity to step up your game and take the crown! You used to be pretty funny on that old lungs forever forum, you seem to have kept a lower profile on here though :(

Does anyone know how tall Boj is?

Was the answer to this question influential as to whether or not you challenged him to a low hanging fruit picking duel? You win, Deppo is allowed back, you lose, you get banned as well!

Was the answer to this question influential as to whether or not you challenged him to a low hanging fruit picking duel? You win, Deppo is allowed back, you lose, you get banned as well!

That wasn't what I had in mind... but it beats my idea that involved a HD Videocam, a yellow pages, a pinata, bamboo stick, KY, Eggnog and Hundreds & Thousands.

Shame, he was a good laugh. Makes you wonder how the likes of Charlie Weyman can continue winding people up, and get away with it? He's a skate on a wind up yet he carries on posting, but Deppo gets banned for being a good laugh.

Go figure.

That's the second time you've got the words bellend and legend confused in as many days!

Come on hamster, we need someone of your standing on this forum to get behind the avatar campaign. It's what he'd have wanted.

Tear in eye moment, please don't do that mate. I shall sleep on it, can't say fairer than that, he did call me a bellend after all.

In case anyone was wondering, I did not report him for it as I do know (and live with the fact daily) that he was very accurate in saying so. In fact, I'd go

As far as to say that Deppo has helped me through some extremely tough times in my recent life. Seriously, he is a legend.

Okay, I've slept on it and although I can't do it on my iPhone, I will make it a priority tomorrow in my tea-break.

What were the infraction points for? This board has gone downhill big time since the old board died. Anyone of interest gets banned so others leave as there is less of interest.

Do the owners of the this site really think that banning people with an opinion makes for a better forum?

What were the infraction points for? This board has gone downhill big time since the old board died. Anyone of interest gets banned so others leave as there is less of interest.

Do the owners of the this site really think that banning people with an opinion makes for a better forum?

I'm not sure but it's been suggested it was for his last post on the 'save our saint' thread. If that's true, it is (in the unfunny sense) laughable.

although I can't do it on my iPhone, I will make it a priority tomorrow in my tea-break.

Good man.

Likewise tomorrow morning I will start getting quotes on getting some 'free the SWF1' t-shirts made up, (obviously with the Gary Colman avatar picture). This kind of action worked for Deirdre Rachid, so it could work for Deppo as well.

Edited by Spudders
Bring back Deppo

Tear in eye moment, please don't do that mate. I shall sleep on it, can't say fairer than that, he did call me a bellend after all.

In case anyone was wondering, I did not report him for it as I do know (and live with the fact daily) that he was very accurate in saying so. In fact, I'd go

As far as to say that Deppo has helped me through some extremely tough times in my recent life. Seriously, he is a legend.

Okay, I've slept on it and although I can't do it on my iPhone, I will make it a priority tomorrow in my tea-break.

Hamster, I read that thread and when I saw Deppo's comment I thought 'harsh', but then I read your own use of it earlier in the thread and it was just another example of Deppo's brilliant humour. But I fear that from now on that incident will be known as the Bell End Controversy in these parts.

Deppo made this slowly dying forum a much funnier place.

I'm sure he would be proud to see this spontaneous movement to reinstate him. So now we've got a campaign logo, may I now suggest a campaign slogan?

Free the bellend one.

I'm not sure but it's been suggested it was for his last post on the 'save our saint' thread. If that's true, it is (in the unfunny sense) laughable.

Why can't admin be more transparent ? This "we've sent someone to his room but won't tell anyone why" approach is a bit silly imo.

All the infractions that led to this were 1 point infractions for "posting a pointless/sarcastic remark".

Also worth pointing out that infraction points expire after a while, so if he hadn't been so relentless with some of his jokes he wouldn't have been banned.

All the infractions that led to this were 1 point infractions for "posting a pointless/sarcastic remark".

Also worth pointing out that infraction points expire after a while, so if he hadn't been so relentless with some of his jokes he wouldn't have been banned.

So banned for being sarcastic and telling jokes. That's ridiculous.

Deppo had 19 opportunities to understand where the line was to be drawn. Having been banned once (after 10 infractions) and numerous PM exchanges where I told him to wind it in and keep his humour to the appropriate places, he couldnt follow that. Seems to be a tendency by most on here to assume that his standard behaviour was deemed as unacceptable, it was generally fine, it was the 20 occasions where he deliberately de-railed someone elses thread or was abusive to another member for his own amusement that he was infracted for. Having been warned on 20 separate occasions, he's now banned

This is the only reply I'll be posting.

Deppo had 19 opportunities to understand where the line was to be drawn. Having been banned once (after 10 infractions) and numerous PM exchanges where I told him to wind it in and keep his humour to the appropriate places, he couldnt follow that. Seems to be a tendency by most on here to assume that his standard behaviour was deemed as unacceptable, it was generally fine, it was the 20 occasions where he deliberately de-railed someone elses thread or was abusive to another member for his own amusement that he was infracted for. Having been warned on 20 separate occasions, he's now banned

Perhaps he didn't think that he had crossed the line. It may be that the threshold is too low. Indeed, I haven't got a clue where the line is.

Out of interest, does punishment get issued where the victim of perceived abuse does not complain? I would be concerned if the line was being drawn subjectively by admin in circumstances where nobody felt the need to complain. Most of us are big boys and should be trusted to sort things out ourselves, surely?

So if Deppo comes back on here under another name, you'll accept him in the same way you accepted dune, right?

Perhaps he didn't think that he had crossed the line. It may be that the threshold is too low.

Deppo had 19 opportunities to understand where the line was to be drawn. Having been banned once (after 10 infractions) and numerous PM exchanges where I told him to wind it in and keep his humour to the appropriate places, he couldnt follow that.

Bajs post pretty much answers any questions you could have about this.

It doesn't. This is a members forum. The rules and how they are to implemented and enforced should be shared with its members.

It doesn't answer a damned thing if we don't know what the '19 opportunities' were. I have to say in all honesty I haven't read a single thing posted by Deppo that I could see as worth an infraction - even on a thread where another poster (who was crowing on here about the banning) wished him dead.

Its f*cking pathetic, this forum is slowly becoming lifeless and humourless. In fact these days its bloody boring, completely devoid to the life it had when I first started posting, look at the amount of posters that have left or been banned.

Deppo permanently banned for having a sense of humour ? pathetic

This is just plan silly. Banned for the above is just not on!

It doesn't answer a damned thing if we don't know what the '19 opportunities' were. I have to say in all honesty I haven't read a single thing posted by Deppo that I could see as worth an infraction - even on a thread where another poster (who was crowing on here about the banning) wished him dead.

Quite. It may be that on some or all of these 19 occasions that nobody complained or felt the need to.