100 things you have done as a saints fans

alsaint

Here's 4 odds & s0ds:

I was 8 and had to sit on my dads shoulder one mad evening at the Dell while he stood, this was in a seated area of the Dell (wouldnt have seen anything otherwise). The match - Channons testimonial of course in 1976, packed in with 30k= other sardines.

Watched our opponents Chelsea field 11 non english players in a premier league match for the very first time in english football.

Watched Saints at the Dell from the upper east stand as a tennis ball, rugby ball & cricket ball all fell from the skies.

Saw 4 large naked bosoms at Saints very first game at St Mary's. Two of them were quite wrinkly I seem to recall.

Got kicked out of Elland Road after 8 minutes, with it taking 6 hours to get there due to the weather.

Had a rant with Jimmy Case about George Burley, totally forgot I was on live radio and went on one about him being a heavy drinker.

Gatecrashed Lundekvam's post testimonial party and was in such a state I gave a royally long speech to Claus about what a legend he was and what a fitting night it was for his service to us, only for him to turn round and inform me that he was infect Jo Tessam.

Dressed as a **** (banana man) and named my son after 2 ex saints players ! Various goal celebration injuries after goals (including ****ing my shoulder trying to do a klinsman at the pitch invasion last game of last season , it looks like an op in in order)

Was on the pitch within 4.5 seconds of MLT's goal against Arsenal

Seen Saints at Wembley

Been chucked out of SMS

Had a Saints player (I use that term VERY loosely) try to punch me

Met Ted Bates

Had Wayne Bridge elbow me in the head

Presented a MOTM champagne to a Saints player, twice.

Seen James Beatties penis

Played football with Matt Le Tiss

Played Football with Alan Ball

Played football with David Hughes (although I didn't really notice him with MLT and Ball on the pitch)

Been tweeted by MLT

Walked down a catwalk with Jason Dodd, Ken Monkou, Matt Oakley and a couple of other players I forget now

I'm sure there's more things I've done and I realise some of these don't exactly paint a brilliant picture of me.

For the Millwall home game, decided to stand at the Archers End (for a change) and watched in horror as the Millwall fans put on their surgical masks, as we sang "harry the dog is a poodle" (you had to have seen the Panorama programme to understand this)

Gave Steve Moran a lift home cos his sister was drunk and couldn't drive

Played regular Saturday morning kick about opposite Tauntons school with Chris Barid (yes I know that one's a bit tenuous)

For the Millwall home game, decided to stand at the Archers End (for a change) and watched in horror as the Millwall fans put on their surgical masks, as we sang "harry the dog is a poodle" (you had to have seen the Panorama programme to understand this)

Gave Steve Moran a lift home cos his sister was drunk and couldn't drive

Played regular Saturday morning kick about opposite Tauntons school with Chris Barid (yes I know that one's a bit tenuous)

Being sat outside the Boys gate at the Dell at 10am in the morning on a matchday just to ensure that we had a front row position for a good view from the Milton back in the late 70s early 80s.

Would hang over the wall to see what advertising hording we were over, and more importantly which letter in the advert so that we could look out for ourselves on either the Big Match or Match of the Day: the latter was a challenge as having set out from Silchester in north Hampshire to be outside the gate by 10 - half past in the morning, Jimmy Hill would have said 2 words and I would have nodded off!!

Appeared in the Boxing Day special edition of Playschool TV programme, filmed at the Coventry game, which we lost 2-1 back in 1978 (if memory serves). The cameras were following a family going to the game to stand in the Family enclosure which Saints were one of the first to introduce.

Stood (or crushed into) in one of the Chocolate boxes v QPR on a misty day where in the first half the Archers goal would fade slightly from view.

Caught bags of snacks thrown by promo girls from the pitch at half time. Ducked when a record store promoting itself had the same pretty girls throwing 7" singles into crowd, which soon came out of their paper sleeves becoming black discs of death!! Laughed when in the Milk Cup (league cup I think) v Wolves, mini cartons of milk were thrown in to the Milton Road end only to opened then thrown at the back of the goal net in the hope of hitting the Copper walking, naively, behind the goal.................. 2 cartons hit the net bounced back and hit the target!!

Regularly meeting 2 girls on the Milton who claimed to be Trevor Hebberd and Austin Hayes sisters...................... Methinks being 14/15 having spent 10 years growing up out in the country me and my mate were probably being teased by City Girls! (remember back then information technology was the stuff of Sci-Fi films........ Wiki-what!!).

Probably a bit of a meander off OP course here.

Can I add, again on a tangent: being stood in Junior Saints corner, as it was, just before the Saints v P*mpey game in the league cup with Mrs JBS and the tiddlers.

The P*mpey chimes start up and the universal response from the whole stadium being "F off P*mpey, P*mpey F off" out of the corner of my eye I see a finger pointing in time with everyone else, I turn to see my 9 year old Daughter standing on her chair belting out the words at the top of her voice.

Embarrassment and admiration in the same emotion........... And she never got thrown out for such potty mouthed chanting, disgusting!!

been thrown out of the ground twice and still got back in for a 3rd time

watched saints play arsenal at highbury, but never saw any of the game as i could not stand up i was so ****ed

drove all the way down the m4 to meet the supporters coach, only for them not to see me waiting, and they drove off, and i missed the final game of chris nicholls saints managerial career at derby (the tickets were beiing distributed on the coach)

taken a 'lady' on a date with me to see saints play at watford (failed as she fell in live with shilton's legs)

bunked a day off skool to que for a ticket for saints v everton fa cup semi (left waterloo at 11pm, arrived in soton approx 12.30am, then qued outside the ground)

If nothing else this thread has taught me that

1) People usually don't read or understand the OP.

2) If you want something done, do it yourself.

It also makes me wonder if the actual SF Forum is in Wayback as well, there might be the chance to re-find some golden threads.