Is this still the most popular forum?

Mole

One of the reasons people have stopped coming on here **negativity..

Because we are nigh on bottom of the 2nd division, we are skint and playing a young team no-one has heard of besides us. I could go on but can't be bothered.

I can't believe that the £5 has much to do with it. There are perhaps a couple who will not register because they are worried that their identities might be outed, but the fiver is not much when compared with beer or fag costs; for crissakes, it's only 10p a week.

As for the "constant negativity", that is often countered by some happy clappy elements, but personally I believe that many are fed up from feeling a hopelessness about the situation we currently find ourselves in. For many, they feel that the state of the club is something that they cannot change through opinions on a message board, so what's the point, as the people in charge ignore the views of the fans anyway.

The only way to rid us of those parasites on the board is through a reduced revenue at the turnstiles and seemingly this is what many have decided on. The downturn in posts on the various forums just reflects the general apathy in the club at the moment. It won't improve unless we vastly improve results consistently, there is a real possibilty of a takeover, or there is anything else of importance to discuss like a change of board through changed alliances or an EGM.

Interest in the Saints has waned since Lowe returned. Having got rid of him and entered a new chapter, it was 'deja vu' all over again when the new order was unceremoniously dumped out of office. I think for many that was it, a recognition that their efforts and protests were in vain, that nobody of any import was listening to ordinary fans anymore. What's the point of expressing one's point of view in this climate?

"Stuff Lowe, Stuff Saints let's get on with the things that really matter in life" is probably where we are with most fans right now. Only when that smarmy little twerp has gone will we get back to being united behind our beloved team and all the institutions that support it. When we can be heard we will find our voice!

Seems to me there's a lot less 'negativity' on here than there used to be on TSF or S4E.

By negativity, I take it is meant criticism of the Board for various reasons. I clearly remember some truly epic threads on the two predecessors.

So maybe there'll be more activity on here with MORE 'negativity' (ie interesting, challenging, provocative threads.)

It's because the team is shyte. No other reason,

Supporters stop going to SMS because it is shyte and they have lost interest.

People stop logging on here because they have lost interest in the club and don't feel the need to logon to find out how many farleys rusks the 1st team had for breakfast.

When all hope is gone

(sounds like a song)

It isn't negativity, it isn't the fiver, it is simply that reality has bitten and that for us right now mere survival is all there is.

There was some hope (of a takeover) before the whole banking crisis nightmare and the realisation of what it will mean for many people not just potential buyers of the club.

Results help (how many posts last weekend?) because that stirs some hope that "we may have turned a corner on the playing side" but deep down everyone is pretty convinced what the weekend will bring.

So, we have to see a glimmer of hope - two in a row or at least NOT another televised capitualtion is a start or possibly SOME, just SOME hope that there can be a change at the top so we can start on a longer planned journey back to the promised land.....

Otherwise winters coming, the economy is bad, it's cold wet and dark, can't afford the credit card bills, am worried about work, the car's gotta go into the garage, there's only cooking and selling programmes on the telly, my mates take the p8ss out of my football team every week.......

Amazed still so many on here TBH

People stop logging on here because they have lost interest in the club and don't feel the need to logon to find out how many farleys rusks the 1st team had for breakfast.

+ 1

Then there is some hope then. Results have been up and down and an ability to be able to play has been shown by the players, albeit not consistently. With a bit of luck and the kids learning, we should do enough to slowly climb the table and then perhaps fans will start to return.

Should we just pretend everything is OK then?

I have to agree, that's why I don't post anymore, people are so set in their own agenda's to find blame in what has happened to us, and will not listen to anyone else. When it used to be Saints Forever and even TSF it was better, but now this place is a graveyard for the most over the top down beat posters Southampton (or Austria) has.

It's a shame.

Most of the time I cant be bothered anymore, sadly.

It's not the negativity or the happy-clappyness per se.

It's not the results

It's not Lowe's return.

Its simply the same people (including myself) saying the same things, responding in the same manner, preaching the same dogma on both sides, completely incapable of seeing the opposing view and knowing exactly how the opposition will respond.

It's simply got boring as f**k. Almost as boring as Nick "Son of Rupert" Illingsworth's calls to support the team and moaning about a seat-on-the-board and arguments and bad-feeling about ticket allocations for the 2003 Cup final......

Oh, and it aint the money. Anyone who isnt willing to find one fiver per year to support this place is a Grade-A sad c**t who we can do without anyway.

Edited by alpine_saint

I can't believe that the £5 has much to do with it. There are perhaps a couple who will not register because they are worried that their identities might be outed, but the fiver is not much when compared with beer or fag costs; for crissakes, it's only 10p a week.

As for the "constant negativity", that is often countered by some happy clappy elements, but personally I believe that many are fed up from feeling a hopelessness about the situation we currently find ourselves in. For many, they feel that the state of the club is something that they cannot change through opinions on a message board, so what's the point, as the people in charge ignore the views of the fans anyway.

The only way to rid us of those parasites on the board is through a reduced revenue at the turnstiles and seemingly this is what many have decided on. The downturn in posts on the various forums just reflects the general apathy in the club at the moment. It won't improve unless we vastly improve results consistently, there is a real possibilty of a takeover, or there is anything else of importance to discuss like a change of board through changed alliances or an EGM.

£5 has everything to do with it. Any impromptu or occassional poster will be put off by the registration process. I know you can post three times, but three times isn't enough to get hooked. I appreciate that money doesn't grow on trees, but an advertising model would encourage use, as opposed to discourage.

No doubt poor form has had an effect too, but equally the negativity and repeated Anti-Lowe rants don't help. Some days this is more like a politics forum than a football one.

Lowe / Wilde have a negligible impact on attendances and on forum use, they're just a convenient excuse for other reasons (X-factor, money, kids, weather, form, opposition etc.).

It makes you hanker for the days when we lose, at least the wrist slitters have something to post about :)

Edited by Alain Perrin

£5.00 fee would have something to do with it!

Agreed.

Get rid of the fee, get rid of the other pointless forums that generate extra load on servers/systems (there are far better places to discuss cricket and why your iPod isn't working !), and watch posts go up and membership increase.

What the admins are doing is admirable, however, this is just a sports related forum on the Internet, it may be only but the average Joe just won't pay it...

It's not the results

It's not Lowe's return.

Its simply the same people (including myself) saying the same things, responding in the same manner, preaching the same dogma on both sides, completely incapable of seeing the opposing view and knowing exactly how the opposition will respond.

It's simply got boring as f**k. Almost as boring as Nick "Son of Rupert" Illingsworth's calls to support the team and moaning about a seat-on-the-board and arguments and bad-feeling about ticket allocations for the 2003 Cup final......

Oh, and it aint the money. Anyone who isnt willing to find one fiver per year to support this place is a Grade-A sad c**t who we can do without anyway.

I can agree with a lot of that Alpine.There are 2 polarised camps and me in the middle

Agreed.

Get rid of the fee, get rid of the other pointless forums that generate extra load on servers/systems (there are far better places to discuss cricket and why your iPod isn't working !), and watch posts go up and membership increase.

What the admins are doing is admirable, however, this is just a sports related forum on the Internet, it may be only but the average Joe just won't pay it...

well said that man.

This board was brilliant between 2003 - 2006.

Bring back Keith Legg ;o) ........ at least he never charged us

It's not the results

It's not Lowe's return.

Well said. For once you are bang on the money.

For me there are one or two other issues I have with the site and how it is run but they wont be debated by me on a public forum.

It's not the results

It's not Lowe's return.

I agree with the second part, seems that the days that we used to get good inside info leaking onto the forum have long gone. We have all put up with so many fabricated leaks, that know one believes a word that anyone says anymore.

As regards your comment about the results, I think the opposite, when we win I can't wait to read the views and reactions of those that went. The opposite applies to when we lose. I bet more people log on after we have won a game, than when we have lost. IF we started to do well, this forum would be buzzing again.

Well said. For once you are bang on the money.

For me there are one or two other issues I have with the site and how it is run but they wont be debated by me on a public forum.

Oh go on, there's feck all else to debate. Work is quietest its ever been, so help break up the boredom.

It's not the results

It's not Lowe's return.

Good post...

Rare as rocking horse sh:t from you as well so that's saying something!

Yes and it would be the most sensible one I have ever taken part in. By the way wheres the stone you can lob into that glasshouse you live in

I have a stone to chuck at your head, haven't done that to anyone in a while rockthrowqc0.gif

Anyways, must go, must call someone a vomitrocious humped back, club footed, lollipoop lickin', pimple-faced perpetual wedgie victim loser.

Did you know you had pressed send before finishing.

I'll finish it for you;

I can agree with a lot of that Alpine.There are 2 polarised camps and me in the middle of the anti flat cap one. Winky thing.

Dear Boy, I dont look down on the flat caps as i was brought up in Shirley and went to a right State school. As you seem to feel you are somehow of less of a social standing as you think you are part of something that I associate with 't'up North' it is not my problem. I try to understand your position regarding Lowe but can't help feeling that he has done some good as well as not good things.

As is being debated on another thread WGS was not perfect and LM the best manager in the clubs history made some terrible mistakes, but for that era i dont hold it against them.

Lets move on

I have a stone to chuck at your head, haven't done that to anyone in a while rockthrowqc0.gif

Anyways, must go, must call someone a vomitrocious humped back, club footed, lollipoop lickin', pimple-faced perpetual wedgie victim loser.

MB it would be a bit of grit not stone for you to be able to lob it