Songs that could be played prior to Pompey Game

EBS1980

You could get a whole play list of songs with 'money' in the title, from the Beatles ' (just give me) Money' , Pink Floyd's 'Money' (it's a gas.., etc ) In fact ...see

[TABLE=class: songlist]

[TR=class: row_1]

[TD=class: art][/TD]

[TD=class: tit]Money

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1973

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: row_2]

[TD=class: pos]2

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Joey Dee & The Starliters

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1962

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht][/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]3

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Kingsmen

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1964

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht])

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]4

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Lovin' Spoonful

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1967

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht]Canada

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]5

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Bern Elliott & the Fenmen

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1963

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht]Peel

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]6

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Ragga Twins

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1995

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht]Japan

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]7

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Charli Baltimore

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1998

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht]France

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]8

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Lakeside

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1990

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]9

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Paul Hardcastle

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1996

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]10

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Shy

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1990

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht]UK 95 -

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]11

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Jamelia

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]2000

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht]UK 5 -

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]12

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Samsaya

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]2009

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht]Norway

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]13

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Backbeat Band

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1994

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht]UK 48

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]14

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Extreme

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1991

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht]RYM 172 of 1991

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]15

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Elin Lanto

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]2007

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht]Sweden

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: pos]16

[/TD]

[TD=class: art]Gladys Knight & The Pips

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: yer]1975

[/TD]

[TD=class: cht]US

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[video=youtube_share;yqLLDZvbG-U]

When we beat them last time the PA system blarted out the Harry and Jim song (as was sung then) so I do think this suggestion is a possibility. That said it should be saved for if we win. Who do we contact to make the request? If we bombard them with the request then the don may sanction it.

When we beat them last time the PA system blarted out the Harry and Jim song (as was sung then) so I do think this suggestion is a possibility. That said it should be saved for if we win. Who do we contact to make the request? If we bombard them with the request then the don may sanction it.

Both sets of fans could sing this. I thought it would be a nice touch. After all, we're all friends.

Fine to discuss it as a joke on here, but I hope it never actually permeates real life - it was SO pathetically small and a bit desperate when Brighton were playing those Nigel songs last season (and made our win all the better), and I'd like to think we're above that kind of club-sponsored pettiness.

Let's leave the mockery to the fans, much less awkward and we're better at it anyway.

[video=youtube_share;yqLLDZvbG-U]

As someone who was there at Fratton on that fateful day when we lost 4-1 I would be very happy to never ever ever hear that song again. I also find it cringeworty to hear us singing it after changing the words to WTFILN. Can we be a bit more original?

As someone who was there at Fratton on that fateful day when we lost 4-1 I would be very happy to never ever ever hear that song again. I also find it cringeworty to hear us singing it after changing the words to WTFILN. Can we be a bit more original?

I absolutely disagree. I was also there, and it's great to hear it and not think about that match, but instead think about them getting it shoved back in their faces.

Actually I quite like it. Felt immensely satisfying to sing this at Fratton Park this season until they equalised). Edited by kpturner

"We are family."

Rumour has it that the fans are related and are one happy family. About 15,000 are called Billy Jo Bob Bob Bob and list their girlfiends as their mothers.

By singing "we are family" are we not implicating ourselves in the alledged incest?

Disagree. I was there on that day at Fratton. For years I have hated that song for being subjected to it for 45 minutes, but now I love it. I love shoving it back down their throats. I really hope we thrash them and sing it for the full 90 minutes. When they walk away, I want them to hate that song just as much as I once did.

wholaughingnow.jpg

I completely disagree. I was also there and have never been able to listen to that song since, until we changed the wordings and were able to use the same song to mock them. Looking forward to subjecting them to 90mins of it.

Disagree. I was there on that day at Fratton. For years I have hated that song for being subjected to it for 45 minutes, but now I love it. I love shoving it back down their throats. I really hope we thrash them and sing it for the full 90 minutes. When they walk away, I want them to hate that song just as much as I once did.

wholaughingnow.jpg

I feel exactly the same. On a separate note, I rather like that picture and would love to use it as my facebook profile. Mr Golden Balls, if you are the maker of this awesomeness would you object if I stole it?

I feel exactly the same. On a separate note, I rather like that picture and would love to use it as my facebook profile. Mr Golden Balls, if you are the maker of this awesomeness would you object if I stole it?

I wouldn't bother asking, I know of at least 4 others who've already nicked it...

How about some 70s nostalgia:

When will we see you again?

When will we share / precious moments?

Will we have to wait / forever?

Will you have to suffer / and cry the whole years through?

When will we see you again?

Will you still sell / lucky heather?

You've had your time / on the spend

Now this is our club winning / and this is your end.

We won't be seeing you again.

(Nod to the Three Degrees)