Schneiderlin - why the perceived cover up?

trousers

Ok....I know there's one or two other threads that mention this but felt it warranted highlighting because it doesn't add up....

The OS said this on Saturday before the game against Bristol City:

"Poortvliet is boosted by the return of Adam Lallana, and the

absence of a mid-week match has given a host of other players,

including David McGoldrick and Bradley Wright Phillips, the chance

to recover from minor injury and illness.

McGoldrick had a slight hip complaint, which has now resolved

itself, whilst Wright-Phillips was affected by a virus that has

ruled Jordan Robertson out completely. Simon Gillett and Michael

Svensson are both missing with thier respective knee issues, but

Oscar Gobern keeps his place in the squad after impressing against

Preston"

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10878

i.e. no mention of Schneiderlin's injury and, unusually, no squad list....

And today the Echo prints this:

MORGAN Schneiderlin should be fit for Saints’ game against Championship table toppers Wolves on Saturday.

The French midfielder was forced out of the game at Bristol City through an injury picked up in training two days previously.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/sai...o_face_Wolves/

Why (oh why) would the club not report that one of our most influential players has been injured for two days, and not least in the pre-match report?

Surely this isn't simply a case of sloppy journalism? Or am I missing something somewhere (like a large bag of marbles)?

They didnt want to galvanise B.C by letting them know the brain/hub/nucleus of our team was out?

Damn the Echo then....they've just given the game away to Wolves ahead of Saturday. You wait, we'll bloomin' well go and lose to them now they know he's back and can plan accordingly....tsk

Well i'm not entirely sure (although i'm sure there are some evil reason behind it) but at a guess i'd say that it was only a minor tweak (thus he's back now) and they left it til the last minute before making a decision...

I like this idea best.

May I also add that bringing up a cup of tea is mighty refreshing to the throat.

He has been sold and will therefore pick up a miraculous 'injury' this week again. I only hope they paid his agent a lot of money so he would come to us and then sell him on at a massive profit. Looks mighty fishy to me.

Well i'm not entirely sure (although i'm sure there are some evil reason behind it) but at a guess i'd say that it was only a minor tweak (thus he's back now) and they left it til the last minute before making a decision...

He has been sold and will therefore pick up a miraculous 'injury' this week again. I only hope they paid his agent a lot of money so he would come to us and then sell him on at a massive profit. Looks mighty fishy to me.

See the difference here?

Neither poster knows the truth...

And yet one makes their guess appear as fact...

See the difference here?

Neither poster knows the truth...

And yet one makes their guess appear as fact...

Hardly. It's pretty clear to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that my one is only an opinion. If I really knew that to be the case would I post it on an opinion-based website? I've seen about three posts in about three years that have been based on first hand knowledge. And those were from Mods announcing the site would be going down...

Still, I bit.

What else could possibly be the opposite of gold :shock:

Well some girls like to have both on their fingers i guess...

I'd suggest a reverse Midas might be turning gold into it's normal state however...

And depending on when you started supported Saints perhaps our present division is us in our normal state...

Not me however...i want the Premier League back!

The OS match day article than mentions squad injuries etc is written in near real-time as the match takes place, so the timing of this doesn't work as an explanation....

To answer the OP:

Because the financial situation is so much worse than expected, Lowe will be cashing him in far earlier (and for a lot less profit) than he planned.

See ? Even the youth policy isnt working anymore. Everything Rupert "Reverse Midas" Lowe touches, turns to shiiit.

Actually it still is working. I was thinking about this last night and how much our falling attendances were hurting the club. With around 10,000 less fans that is an average fall in income of £250,000 per game. If you 'cashed in' early and sold morgan now for, say £5m, that would compensate for the attendance shortfall in an entire season. Given the conveyor belt that we have no alternative but to work with at the minute, even two sales a year would keep us financially stable, and give us a good number of remaining youngsters to work with. It might not be pretty but it will keep us solvent. The other plus is seeing our strategy we will get more youngsters signing for us because they know it will get them in the shop window quickly.

Actually it still is working. I was thinking about this last night and how much our falling attendances were hurting the club. With around 10,000 less fans that is an average fall in income of £250,000 per game. If you 'cashed in' early and sold morgan now for, say £5m, that would compensate for the attendance shortfall in an entire season. Given the conveyor belt that we have no alternative but to work with at the minute, even two sales a year would keep us financially stable, and give us a good number of remaining youngsters to work with. It might not be pretty but it will keep us solvent. The other plus is seeing our strategy we will get more youngsters signing for us because they know it will get them in the shop window quickly.

I'm not sure financially stable is correct.

How many other contributing factors add to our monthly losses?? Presumably less fans doesn't just equal less income from tickets, but also programme sales, beer, food etc etc....

I'm not sure financially stable is correct.

How many other contributing factors add to our monthly losses?? Presumably less fans doesn't just equal less income from tickets, but also programme sales, beer, food etc etc....

Meh. The speed those muppets work behind the counters i'd suggest we're probably selling the same amount of pies...just less people giving up frustrated! I like the fact i can get a pint at half time and not have to skull it in five minutes! One of very few advantages of an empty ground...

Spiderman is and always was a business deal for the Saints and clearly looking like a deal on behalf of the Arsenal....Spiderman on business trip to London Colney and The Emeritaes Stadium..part of the deal or to see his old Uncle.....Does it really matter anymore....Hoping it brings us some extra money somehere down the line soon.

Good player but more potential than saviour...Arsenes boy soon.

To answer the OP:

Because the financial situation is so much worse than expected, Lowe will be cashing him in far earlier (and for a lot less profit) than he planned.

See ? Even the youth policy isnt working anymore. Everything Rupert "Reverse Midas" Lowe touches, turns to shiiit.

Making profit on a player who signed five minutes ago while we desperately need money; how is that an example of the policy not working?

I'd suggest a reverse Midas might be turning gold into it's normal state however...

Gold's normal state is gold.

In today's Evening Standard:

'The Gunners are keeping tabs on Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin. The French 19-year-old is expected to leave Saints in the transfer window, with Arsenal reported to be leading the chase. His agent, Richard des Voeux, said: "A January move is possible."'

If we get a few million for him in Jan it could well the difference between going into administration and not....

Whilst the Quality of the Team on the pitch gets LESS and LESS ........

...... and you back that " Reverse Progress" logic ........

Not a lot of point in having a wonderfully wrapped Xmas Box .... if there is SOD ALL IN IT .........

Whilst the Quality of the Team on the pitch gets LESS and LESS ........

...... and you back that " Reverse Progress" logic ........

Not a lot of point in having a wonderfully wrapped Xmas Box .... if there is SOD ALL IN IT .........

Actually the correct analogy is having absolutely nothing left under the Christmas tree, and Rupert stealing the mince pies. Ho Ho Ho!

If we get a few million for him in Jan it could well the difference between going into administration and not....

WHAT is the point in keep on putting off Administration, if the Quality of the Team gets less and less, and we drift down to Div 1... then Div 2 etc etc

If we have no money NOW ......... wecertainly won't have any the lower we go

But the PLC will still be solvent ... Oh Joy ..........

To answer the OP:

WHOAA ... steady on....... you're not implying that Rupert Lowe has TOLD Poortvliet NOT to play Schneiderlin, because he is one of Del Boy Lowe's "Sell Sell Sell" January Sales ...... and therefore he won't be available for SAINTS

That is tantamount to INTERFERENCE, and TEAM SELECTION .....

Just wait until I see Dave Bassett ............

So we won't s

Lazy journalism.

Morgan is French. Arsene is French. QED he must be moving to Arsenal. Even the agent quote is a bit of a joke. It would have been more of a shocker had his agent dismissed rumours of a move, "I'm not interested in any more commission", said Richard des Voeux.

When asked if Morgan was offered a £5m move to Arsenal, Richard des Voex said: "A January move is possible."'

No ****!

I'm still not sure i get this spiderman thing. why if the arsenal wanted him did they not just buy him? from their side what are they getting by letting him come to saints for 6 months?

Ummm, I may be wrong or misguided or both, but aren't there rules in place that a player can't transfer twice in the same year.

If there is that means that Schneiderlein has to stay until at least the summer!!

I'm basing this on the Mascerano saga when he went to 'pool in the January sales!!

Ummm, I may be wrong or misguided or both, but aren't there rules in place that a player can't transfer twice in the same year.

If there is that means that Schneiderlein has to stay until at least the summer!!

I'm basing this on the Mascerano saga when he went to 'pool in the January sales!!

You can't play for more than two in a season. Schneiderlin would be fine to move in January.

It's their version of help the poor.Arsenal, the Robin Hood of modern football.

its also against rules for clubs to have an interest in player registered elsewhere. Arsenal didn't buy him or agree to do so, its just silly.

That may have looked at him, and may buy him in future, who knows.

If they wanted him in the summer they would have bought him and could have immediately loaned him to us

I think it's playing for 3 different clubs in the same FIFA transfer year. Morgan has only played for us this year having transferred in Europe's closed season.

You can't play for more than two in a season. Schneiderlin would be fine to move in January.

I think it's playing for 3 different clubs in the same FIFA transfer year. Morgan has only played for us this year having transferred in Europe's closed season.

Thanks, see I WAS wrong and misguided :D

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10905

Schneiderlin: "I will speak with the gaffer and the physio before Saturday and hopefully I will play"

Since when does a Frenchman who couldn't speak a word of English 3 months ago start using words like "gaffer" in interviews?

Unless of course these articles are ghost written by someone else on behalf of the players.....hmmmm....