Southampton Player Trivia: Anyone know any pointless facts?

kwsaint

Marian Pahars has a girls name.

The only Saints player to have (nearly) the same sounding christian name as 'John' Wayne (Marion Mitchell Morrison (born Marion Robert Morrison; May 26, 1907 – June 11, 1979).

Brett Ormerod was the first (maybe only) professional player to play for 2 different teams in the same weekend, Leeds and Saints

I think he nearly scored 3 hattricks in a week once in 2002. 1 for the reserves, 1 midweek against Tranny in the LC then got 2 goals against Man City.

North Baddesley (near southampton) is in the doomsday book and its church was built for 1 of the knights of the round table.

On the subject of which North Baddesley was home to Keith Harris and Orville the Duck (acc to Wikipedia).

David Peach & Nick Holmes were the only players left in the team from the FA Cup winning team to play in the League Cup final v Forest in 1979. They were both on the scoresheet in the 3-2 defeat.

David Peach shocked me by asking for a light for his cigarette outside Elm Park after our 0-0 draw in the League Cup run!!

Ulrich van Gobbel worked at International House of Pancakes a few years ago and served me. I asked upon receiving my breakfast "You know what I'm going to do?" and he replied "Let me guess, Gobbel them up?". He was wrong, I was actually going to say "enjoy this, as pancakes are a great way to start the day".

Ulrich van Gobbel worked at International House of Pancakes a few years ago and served me. I asked upon receiving my breakfast "You know what I'm going to do?" and he replied "Let me guess, Gobbel them up?". He was wrong, I was actually going to say "enjoy this, as pancakes are a great way to start the day".

Mehta a place that is. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pancakes.

I think he nearly scored 3 hattricks in a week once in 2002. 1 for the reserves, 1 midweek against Tranny in the LC then got 2 goals against Man City.

And I think he was the first player to score a goal in all top 4 leagues for the same team (blackpool)... i might be wrong there though.