Southampton Player Trivia: Anyone know any pointless facts?

kwsaint

Oh, and seeing as North Baddesley got a mention, how come South Baddesley is so frickin' far away from it?

Yes this is strange, we went to a wedding there a while ago and it took about 30 mins to get there from rownhams ffs

Edited by Raging Bull

Some of Grzegorz Rasiak's teeth are still embedded in the St. Mary's turf after a collision against Plymouth Argyle circa 06/07?

Some of my scalp was left on a roof pillar under the East stand at the Dell following the 3-1 win over Newcastle when we scored 3 in the last five minutes

saints fans still think OX would have been better to stay at Championship saints

Well he hasn't got any better since leaving... and who knows whether he'll wish he was with us as World Club Champions in 5 years' time ? :)

Whisper it quietly but we're NOT, actually, the greatest team the world has ever seen.

Also, just because we ARE Southampton, we CAN'T do what we want, as in the real world there are rules and regulations to abide by.

Southampton once had a player that injured himself with the salad cream bottle. The player? It had to be Dave Beasant. The salad cream? It has to be Heinz.

Portsmouth has officially the highest numbers in Britain for inbreding. Apparently they don't understand it is illegal for brother and sister to have children, probably due to also being the worst educated city ;)

Edited by Saint J 77

Steve Williams used to out with a girl at my youth club & got me a signed piccy of the entire squad.

Steve Williams used to live a few doors up from me when I was a kid; one day he came and had a little kickabout on the green with me and my mates.

Steve Williams :adore:

In 1950, The Dell, became the first ground in England to have permanent floodlighting installed.

The first game played under the lights there was on 31 October 1950, in a friendly against Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic, followed a year later by the first "official" match under floodlights, a Football Combination (Reserve team) match against Tottenham Hotspur on 1 October 1951.

Francis Benali's moustache was indeed a caterpillar, and after years of making itself a comfortable home beneath his nose, it lost its grip and ended up as a landing strip atop his winky. Sadly the caterpillar died in 2007, since when Franny has used a merkin.