New OS Look

Um Bongo

Since the days of Saints Forever there must have been about twenty different face lifts for the OS and the consensus of opinion always seems to be that it is not liked! Either people subscribe to the 'All change is bad' way of thinking or people of football message boards just like moaning about everything!

I actually quite like it. One problem though, if you click the link to view the league table in full, you are taken to a pre-match article for a reserve game back from when Burley was in charge! All about Bialkowski making a 'low-key return'. Bit odd really.

Since the days of Saints Forever there must have been about twenty different face lifts for the OS and the consensus of opinion always seems to be that it is not liked! Either people subscribe to the 'All change is bad' way of thinking or people of football message boards just like moaning about everything!

you're moaning about people moaning

Classic message board stuff - within a handful of posts there are so many views on the same subject represented, including opposites, could be talking about anything, including the current team, although there are rather too many positive views so far for that...

I don't like it.

it sucks

Looks better then the old one

I quite like it

I actually quite like it

don't know who designed it but we are obviously trying to cut costs further, theres a reason most sites dont have black buttons with white text it makes for bad contrast on the eyes, its well glarey(is that even a word?)

Looks unfinished.

I thought the same thing. I normally use Firefox as my browser, and it looks pretty awful. But then I've got Firefox set up to block adverts, so a major part of the site gets blocked. If you use a browser with little or no ad-blocking, it will look OK. Using IE7, with no blocking, it looks all right.

Nice to see a few legends on the banner though.

like a few others have said its much better than the premium sites most clubs seem to have but personally i still think it could be better.

thought the same after the last revamp but got used to it so no doubt i will get used to this one.

i am no web designer but im fairly confident i could design a site that looks like the OS without trying to think too hard. yet I know a couple of people that know what they are doing with websites and within minutes they can create the basics which blow the OS out of the water.

As long as they keep putting up team news every now and then im not really too bothered though.

Evolution rather than revolution. It's ten times better than those 'out of the box' Premium TV site like 50 other FLC clubs.

I reckon Spurs have got the best looking site out there: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com closely followed by Pompey's http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk (Sorry to say!)

Agree with you on the spuds site but not too sure of Poopys. personal taste n all that i suppose.

Evolution rather than revolution. It's ten times better than those 'out of the box' Premium TV site like 50 other FLC clubs.

I reckon Spurs have got the best looking site out there: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com closely followed by Pompey's http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk (Sorry to say!)

Agreed - the Chelsea site is also pretty impressive as well, worth a browse at:

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Welcome

Yeah, can't find them.

Also, what do they mean when they say it's got a new 'full-screen layout'? It's not full screen on my screen.

Depends on the screen resolution, I guess. I think it is wider than the last version, although it doesn't quite fit the entire width of the screen on my PC.

It does look a lot better in IE, mainly (as someone else has already pointed out) due to the lack of an advert blocker.

Depends on the screen resolution, I guess.

What resolution do most people use these days?

Couple of dodgy things on the home page. There's a blank box on the left in the row below the main story, and the row below that (next match etc) the boxes don't line up straight at the bottom.

Also, how do you get firefox to block adverts? It looks pretty much the same in firefox and ie to me.

What resolution do most people use these days?

1024x768 is still by far the most popular. I've just tried the OS at that resolution and it does fit the full width of the screen.

Couple of dodgy things on the home page. There's a blank box on the left in the row below the main story, and the row below that (next match etc) the boxes don't line up straight at the bottom.

Looks like they've fixed the blank box problem (now PaddyPower advert).

The alignment at the bottom is a tricky one because IE and the other browsers handle the display of tables so differently. In Firefox, for example, the league table snapshot looks as though it should fit another two rows in to make it line up, whereas in IE it'll only fit one more.

Also, how do you get firefox to block adverts? It looks pretty much the same in firefox and ie to me.

There's an add-on called AdBlock Plus.

The black surround is suitably in commiseration at the death of a great football club.

PS - Is that also why our web-site is surrounded in black?

The new OS is a mess.

The cheerful, bright design of the old one was the best thing about this club.

Edited by eelpie