Man City v Saints - Half time chat

JustMike

We should be 3 goals down to be fair. NA needs to completely change the format at half time IMHO. He needs to now rely on surprising Man City with a new plan or we'll gradually be whittled down to lose by 3-4 goals.

Jay Rod and Fox are looking awful.

Our strip is crap. Bring back our stripes.

And apart from that we'll come back and win 3-2... :)

Good moderating from you JustMike. Very prompt opening of the threads. (SNSUN's a suck up.)

Good first half. We're making mistakes but that's expected of a newly promoted team. I'd take that first half scoreline again in the second half, but as we tire I can see them tearing us a new one. Still, we have quality on the bench IMO (except defensively perhaps) so this game is FAR from over.

Well. Very poor, we look nervous. Davis struggling, should have narrowed the angle or the goal. Fox and Rodriguez struggling. Clyde doing well, probably the only positive.

Clyde, Best player for Saints (by the way who is Clyde?) Whole team looks nervous, apart fro Clyne, giving Citeh too much respect. Needs Davis in the middle to help keep the ball.

The scoreline is flattering us a bit. City have had loads of chances that could have been put away easily. Can't really say the same for us. Great effort so far - Clyne looks the business. It's distressing to see City tear the defence apart, but they are City. We'll do well against less expensively assembled squads.

We should be 3 goals down to be fair. NA needs to completely change the format at half time IMHO. He needs to now rely on surprising Man City with a new plan or we'll gradually be whittled down to lose by 3-4 goals.

Jay Rod and Fox are looking awful.

Our strip is crap. Bring back our stripes.

And apart from that we'll come back and win 3-2... :)

Jrod looking awful?

I don't think so mate...

Not bad but got very ragged late on. Actually think the Aguero break broke our stride a bit. Think Adam's playing too deep to effect the game in the final third and Morgan has looked a bit off the pace at times. Too much space down our left for them to exploit. Puncheon's touch is appalling too.

I'd be tempted to have Ward-Prowse and Morgan sit deep, sometimes they've been caught upfield. Move Lallana left, Lambo on for J Rod and move Guly into the 10 position. 4-2-3-1

Edited by mulletsaint

Guly needs to run more, very time I see him he is walking the wrong way. Fox needs better protection. Zabeletta is getting by too much

Fortunately people who can see more have a different opinion, Guly has been applauded by the commentators (Neville) for his runs off the ball that are not necessarily being seen on the TV. Pls don't start on Guly already, when he is doing quite well and doing what is being asked, there are many more deserving players of criticism.

Don't look too bad considering this is a city team on a roll. JWP looks a little raw and nervous and fox isn't really at the races (can't wack shaw in really though).

Punch looks like he should be sold to Blackpool first thing monday morning to do everyone a favour.

Their goal was offside no matter how much the commentators are trying to justify a poor decision, seen them flag for much much more dubious decisions when that one he goes just a little too early.