Arsenal tickets

nrhsaint

Personally I think tickets from the last few seasons should have counted. But they don't and people knew what the needed to do to get tickets for Arsenal. Unfortunately, like Steve says, it's just happened that this game is so early on in the season, but it is a pretty fair way of doing ticket sales

Personally I think tickets from the last few seasons should have counted. But they don't and people knew what the needed to do to get tickets for Arsenal. Unfortunately, like Steve says, it's just happened that this game is so early on in the season, but it is a pretty fair way of doing ticket sales

It's the sort of system that should have been put in place years ago, really.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next season, do points from this season carry forward so those who go to most games this season get first dibs early next season, or do they go for the nuclear option of resetting everyone to zero again?

I would have thought it will carry over. I would assume that the history was wiped because of the new ticketing system.

But they were able to copy across customer details and season ticket details so - in theory - there's no reason why they couldn't do the same with match tickets.

It's the sort of system that should have been put in place years ago, really.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next season, do points from this season carry forward so those who go to most games this season get first dibs early next season, or do they go for the nuclear option of resetting everyone to zero again?

Reading have a similar system, and their's keeps going so the points keep racking up. Therefore someone who is a ST holder for 4 years gets more priority than someone who has just renewed for the PL.

I guess it works in that regard; but then you could have someone who was a ST for many years, hardly goes to any games now but is still at the top of the priority list, which perhaps isn't quite right.

Personally I'd start it afresh each season, but your previous season's points total gets factored into it so ST holders who went to many away games have the highest priority, and so on down to those who just went to a handful of matches who would start just above a new member.

I cant think of a fairer system, apart from a couple of tweaks. I've always felt it a bit unfair that S/T holders who didn't travel away (and you'ld be amazed the number I've met) would be guanteed a cup final ticket if we were lucky enough to get there. This method acknowledges S/T commitment by loading the games on, but takes into account the non S/T holder who travels to Wigan ect this season.

As people have mentioned the issue has been brought to head purely because the Arsenal game was so early on. To address this the club added extra points onto the Man C game. I think that they should have done something around tonights game, but understand they didn't sell the tickets. Does seem a bit bizzare that someone could go to watch the reses tonight and not be able to get to Arsenal. Maybe it was complicated but I would have liked to have seen 5 points added to each year in the past 3 people had a S/T. Season ticket in both League 1 campaigns and Championship 15 points, that seemed fair to me.

At the end of the day, had the first game been Man City at home there would have been 32,000 ish there. I doubt if there's more than a hundred people who really couldn't make the City game and couldn't get Arsenal tickets. I've been following Saints for 40 odd years and I've yet to miss a match I set my heart on going to. By hook or by crook most that really want to will get in to Arsenal somehow (although it may be in the home end, cost them a bit more).

The biggest cock up here is not the way in which they chose to allocate tickets, but the fact that the systems for purchasing proved incapable of actually working. People buying tickets online beforehand they're not entitled to is not good news for the majority.

The bottom line is that the club simply don't care what happens as long as tickets sell.

Ah ok, I just presumed clubs allocated anything up to 10% of the capacity to away teams but clearly thats not the policy then at Arsenal if anywhere if I have made up the first part! Seems like c3000 is allocated for away fans. Shame.

The rule is the lower of 10% of capacity or 3,000.

I'm just a little surprised that Saints allocation at the Emirates is quite low at 2,900.

I would Saints would have taken at least 4,000 especially as its a new stadium that many haven't been to.

If we cant take 3000 to Man City why should we have more than that for Arsenal? We cant just make it up as we go along.

I find this new system totally unfair on ST holders who like me went to loads of away games last season and the seasons in League 1. Could not go to the Citeh game as I was on holiday, now cannot get tickets for Arsenal so will be way down the queue for future games. What price loyalty for ST holders for the last 7 years or more?

I find this new system totally unfair on ST holders who like me went to loads of away games last season and the seasons in League 1. Could not go to the Citeh game as I was on holiday, now cannot get tickets for Arsenal so will be way down the queue for future games. What price loyalty for ST holders for the last 7 years or more?

Why should previous season count for naff all?

You won't be "way down" the queue at all. You're a season ticket holder so will still have the opportunity for tickets (just as ST holders did for Arsenal, you just had to be quick to get them).

I also doubt our away game against Everton will sell out (and if it does certainly not as rapidly as the Arsenal game), so if you're prepared to get a ticket for that you'll push yourself further up in priority.

This is an entirely new system based on points earned home and away; inherently it is extremely fair. But the downside is that, right at the beginning of the system, a lot of people will be around the same number of points. It'll soon even itself out, and if you continue to attend away games as well as homes you'll be in the top priority bracket very soon.

Why should previous season count for naff all?

OK then, why should JCL 'only want a ST when in the PL' have the same 'rights' for tickets as ST holders who went to away games at Walsall, Hartlepool and other exciting destinations over the last couple of seasons? Yes they have paid their money for this season but sure as eggs are eggs they were no where to be seen at League 1 games. The club could have used a coefficient or something to 'reward' the fans who travelled the length of the country to watch League 1 football.

Amazing how many 'new' people were around us on Sunday. One bloke had kid on his lap all through the first half and did not return after half time.... WTF. Sure he was in the crowd for the majority of games over the last 4 seasons?????? There was another girl who spent the entire 94 on her Nintendo DS.

OK then, why should JCL 'only want a ST when in the PL' have the same 'rights' for tickets as ST holders who went to away games at Walsall, Hartlepool and other exciting destinations over the last couple of seasons? Yes they have paid their money for this season but sure as eggs are eggs they were no where to be seen at League 1 games. The club could have used a coefficient or something to 'reward' the fans who travelled the length of the country to watch League 1 football.

Amazing how many 'new' people were around us on Sunday. One bloke had kid on his lap all through the first half and did not return after half time.... WTF. Sure he was in the crowd for the majority of games over the last 4 seasons?????? There was another girl who spent the entire 94 on her Nintendo DS.

Each season it starts afresh. Always has rightly or wrongly otherwise new blood would never stand a chance of getting tickets at the start of any season.

We all knew the rules at the start of the season & some of us made the expensive decision to get Citeh tickets (even people who didn't go) to ensure Arsenal tickets & beyond.

I'll be very interested to see how many moaning about dipping out on a London jolly are at Everton. Not many I'll wager but they'll be mithering again when they can't get West Ham tickets.

it is absolutely f*cking ridiculous in my opinion, tickets purchased on 23rd August should not still be waiting to be sent out. I might be away at the end of next week, so if they only post them out next Monday / Tuesday it will be cutting it tight - can see no good reason why they couldn't just post them over the last two weeks. terrible service, for which they chargee £1.50 per ticket!!!

it is absolutely f*cking ridiculous in my opinion, tickets purchased on 23rd August should not still be waiting to be sent out. I might be away at the end of next week, so if they only post them out next Monday / Tuesday it will be cutting it tight - can see no good reason why they couldn't just post them over the last two weeks. terrible service, for which they chargee £1.50 per ticket!!!

I got mine through the post almost 2 weeks ago.

Do you think they have over allocated the number of tickets seemed a lot of people at the stadium and online got tickets and after the first allocation went would have thought there was only about 1500 left.

It would not surprise me in the slightest.

I wanted four but the system would not let me buy my own - just those of the three linked accounts. I bought them and they have turned up at one of their houses in one envelope. One of them had to go online to buy mine (ridiculous) and it has NOT turned up anywhere yet :(

Got mine this morning, with the envelope half ripped open:rolleyes: Luckily all tickets were still inside. Not sure with what we pay in booking fees etc why the TO can't send them out signed for, to at least give fans a bit of protection from thieving post office workers...

Got mine this morning, with the envelope half ripped open:rolleyes: Luckily all tickets were still inside. Not sure with what we pay in booking fees etc why the TO can't send them out signed for, to at least give fans a bit of protection from thieving post office workers...

Except that the "thieving post office workers" didn't actually rob you did they? One of my kids once accidently posted with a handful of letters an envelope containing cash. I telephoned the sorting office and established within minutes that they had the envelope and had been waiting for someone to ring and claim it.

Got ours today. Row 1, not ideal but at least we will be there.

The fact that non-eligable people could buy them in the wrong periods is a bit of a joke, feel sorry for those who missed out by actually waiting for the correct window.

People don't learn though do they? The TO is ****e so it's worth your while trying to buy them when you're not allowed too.

Except that the "thieving post office workers" didn't actually rob you did they? One of my kids once accidently posted with a handful of letters an envelope containing cash. I telephoned the sorting office and established within minutes that they had the envelope and had been waiting for someone to ring and claim it.

Not this time, but it wouldn't be the first time if they had