DEADLINE day countdown.......

Glasgow_Saint

Kjaer is absolute quality, amazed a bigger club hasnt come in for him in England or abroad. Shame he'll want 75k+ a week or we could have tried to get in there

Beeing danish I've seen him quite a lot and I think he is sh*te....

Sky Sports understands Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing has agreed a deal to join Bolton on loan.

gazumped??

seems that way....i guess the money has dried put due to the "family" wanted rid of the club...this ramirez talk is a smoke screen before getting Ryan Smith back on loan

One interesting question ( I asked myself) - without getting any concrete answer is :

WHO has the authority to do the negotiations, agree deals, and literally sign players ? OK ...we know that " Super Nicola " is top man, but he isn't omnipresent ....

Of course he could be jetting it between Bologna ....and Geneva to finalise the Mayuka deal......BUT who is taking care of the details in Yoshida deal in Holland ?

....and presumably the one / two CB that we are (hopefully) signing maybe from the UK..and I can't believe that we haven't got a new keeper lined up from " somewhere " - so who does the stuff?

Pretty sure that Nigel doesn't get involved in that side of things, but does Les Reed ?.....or do we have a team of nameless / faceless lawyers carrying reams of contracts around going from one deal to another... interesting but ...I still wonder...

If NC is literally involved in everything, then he 's certainly clocking up a lot of traveller points on his airline....

Edited by david in sweden

If one thing has come out of all this - it's that the club isn't afraid to look further afield in order to get good young talent, which can be coached.

I don't think we'll ever be in the class to buy established Van Persies and Berbatovs type of player,..but signing a Zambian who was playing in Switzerland, a Japanese who's club was in Holland

....and whilst we are still waiting ....for a Uruguayan from an Italian club - it's shows a genuine worldwide visionary perspective.

If one thing has come out of all this - it's that the club isn't afraid to look further afield in order to get good young talent, which can be coached.

I don't think we'll ever be in the class to buy established Van Persies and Berbatovs type of player,..but signing a Zambian who was playing in Switzerland, a Japanese who's club was in Holland

....and whilst we are still waiting ....for a Uruguayan from an Italian club - it's shows a genuine worldwide visionary perspective.

Prestige Worldwide

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTa5tHHwhkMDRTVLKitB7_Pu_S9_kaF0jY2OH2ROJuBWBJrNGp