DEADLINE day countdown.......

Glasgow_Saint

Did you make this a sticky yourself Glasgow? Very impressive!

There looks to be 2 deals done already, just need to be announced. On top of this, I would like to see a left back and maybe another CB, hopefully a top class one like Huth.

Say whaaaaaat?

#SaintsFC to strengthen defence. Told preference is: 1 Nicolai Boilesen (Ajax), 2 Rhys Williams (Boro) 3. Curtis Davies (#BCFC). Will sign 1

James Nursey - Daily Mirror

If that's true then one of those plus Yoshida and Ramirez would be excellent.

Yes, Boilesen looks quality and Danish players (and Ajax players) will have a good attitude. Would love it if we got him.

So that would be my order of preference too.

Nicolai Boilesen, a 6 ft 5 left back apparently (...wikipedia). At that size presumably he can play CB as well.

Newcastle target one-time Man United trialist Boilesen in £5m deal from Ajax

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 22:30, 7 May 2012 | UPDATED: 22:30, 7 May 2012

Comments (1) Share

..Newcastle are lining up a move for exciting Ajax left back Nicolai Boilesen who was wanted by Manchester United and Chelsea when he was 17.

The Denmark defender had a spell training with United, while with Danish side Brondby, and spent a week with Newcastle. But instead he chose Ajax, where his development into one of the most promising full backs in Europe was hampered after he tore his right hamstring in September, putting him out for five months.

On the radar: Ajax defender Nicolai Boilesen is wanted by Newcastle

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew went to watch Ajax play De Graafschap last month but prior to the game Boilesen, 20, was ruled out for the rest of the season after a relapse.

The injury could work in Newcastle’s favour though as a £5m offer may now be accepted, once he recovers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2140977/Newcastle-want-Ajax-defender-Nicolai-Boilesen.html#ixzz2517pIuAX

Did you make this a sticky yourself Glasgow? Very impressive!

There looks to be 2 deals done already, just need to be announced. On top of this, I would like to see a left back and maybe another CB, hopefully a top class one like Huth.

Top class and huth in the same sentence, that shouldn't happen!

Yes, Boilesen looks quality and Danish players (and Ajax players) will have a good attitude. Would love it if we got him.

I remember Harry getting rid of all our Scandinavians when he came here, he's had an aversion to them at all clubs he's managed with the exception of Hreidarsson (who being Icelandic is not Scandinavian anyway).

Anyway, sorry I'm digressing. Have we signed anyone yet?

Like Bendtner? ;)

TBH, the greatest thing about Bendtner is that he is quite un-Danish. Considering his lack of succes on the pitch, he's got a baffling belief in himself, which is a good attribute for a striker IMHO. He really believes the hype about himself...

But you would be hard pressed to find a less typical example of a Danish pro footballer than Bendtner ;)